Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Star

Playing in BCG in October 2017. Have a tv deal for my tour and events but it's early afternoon on one of the Japanese "3" stations.

I'm capping myself at regional for now until I have 4 million in the bank which should be another 2 or 3 years, and then I'll make the jump to cult. I'm turning a profit of about $80K a month but I'm keeping my roster fairly lean. I only offer 3 touring contracts a tour to foreigners and my incoming young lion class is about 6 people. I'll do another class next year and it looks like it'll be about 4 people.

I bailed PGHW out once, giving them $750,000 to prevent them from going out of business and flooding the market with their talent who I wouldn't be able to afford. However, I just checked the editor and both GCG and PGHW are in debt to the tune of $250,000. They're going to go out of business fairly soon, however I think now I'll just let it happen. My personal rule is that I'm going to just stay the course with my core group of guys (I was able to hire back Big Bruiser Findley after GCG had to cut him due to budget) and build with my young lions.

Ideally, the goal is to bring back the traditional touring schedule as the anti-modern japan movement and restore the Lion.

By the way, all my workers are capping pop at around 54. Is this because I'm regional and my tv deal sucks?
Unread 06-29-2019, 07:08 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by landxx View Post
I'm not playing my save but just testing my mod and simulating, and in newest save happened something intesting now its 2021 AEW is National company and they World Heavyweight champ is Ettore Ewan ( Big E) Women's champion Ashley Flair ( Charlotte flair) Shawn Spears ( Tye Dillinger) doing a lot better at AEW he had AEW National title reign from April to October and he is Upper Midcarder Other WWE guys Rusev , Alleister Black Xavier Woods , Dolph Zigller Rey Misterio both The Bar members ( Cesaro and Sheamus ) Bobby Lashley , Drew Mcintyre Shinsuke Nakamura Baron Corbin Samy Zayn and even Jinder Mahal. They singed Andrande Cien Almas but its intresting he only Lower Midcarder but he is doing like 86-90 rating matches he had really good match with Dolph Ziggler rated 90. Other guys they not really wwe guys John Henningan ( Impact, Mundo, Nitro) and Kushida.And WWE singed Chuck Taylor and he is now Reignin WWE champion and btw he is only wresler who they singed not from NXT or NXT UK and other instresting thing that he WON wwe championship from Daniel Bryan who had this title for 3 years. If anyone intrested i can update about other promotions titles wreslers tag teams.
Yes yes yes!!!...do it up ... I'm down to hear more about this game progress, AEW, WWE ..etc... the whole game world I guess lol
Unread 06-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Major League

Into July ‘99 of my CV97 game.

Vengeance won the World Heavyweight Championship (HGC/TCW) in Nov ‘97 and had held it since then. I had been building up and cooling off challengers, waiting for the right guy. Jack Bruce, Liberty and Ricky Dale Johnson had been my three day-one prospects but none found themselves in the right place at the right time with the right story. Then Freddie Datsun made a semi-organic charge and I almost pulled the trigger but then backed off. At various points I considered going back to a veteran (Strong, Chord, Dread, Nemesis). Eventually it came down to Bruce The Giant, Christian Faith or Rich Money. Bruce and Faith came to me as stars and still felt ‘SWF’ to me so I went with Money who had improved hugely in the last 18 months and was just hitting A* popularity. He beat Vengeance, and was lined up for his own year+ run.

Two weeks later he gets taped making homophobic remarks and becomes toxic.

Fortunately I have a lot of other options (Mr Hollywood, Sean McFly, Jeremy or Dan Stone, Steve DeColt and the newly signed fired Head Booker or SWF Sam Keith added to those above) but god damn it. What a waste of a rub.

I’ll probably hotshot the belt to Faith and release Money. And I suppose Faith’s win can play into the snap and heel turn of Vengeance.
Unread 07-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Minor League

Just finished WWF Summerslam 1991. Here are the results!

Strike Force defeated The Professionals (Tully Blanchard & Dean Malenko). A close encounter, Rick Martel surprises Malenko with a Sunset Flip for the W. (77)

Ric Flair defeated Kerry Von Erich in his WWF PPV Debut. Classic Flair here. Focus on the knee, lock on the Figure Four, get the Submission victory. (80)

In a 1991 King of the Ring Finals rematch, Mr. Perfect defeated Steve Williams. Perfect wins again, but this time manages to do so cleanly. Post-match, Perfect calls for a WWF Heavyweight Title match! (94)

In Six Man Tag Action, Law & Order (Sgt. Slaughter, Big Boss Man, & The Mountie) defeated Octagon & The Guerrero Brothers (Hector & Eddie). Slaughter got the pinfall for his team after Boss Man knocked Hector out cold with the trusty night stick. (88)

Ted DiBiase defeated Jerry Lawler. DiBiase reversed the Piledriver into a roll up, and the referee counted to three without ever seeing DiBiase’s feet on the ropes! (91)

The Ultimate Warrior & The Undertaker battled to a Double Disqualification. The match got out of hand quickly, and the referee eventually threw the match out when weapons got involved. That didn’t stop the war, as the locker room had to clear to separate these two behemoths. (83)

Jake Roberts defeated Shawn Michaels to RETAIN the WWF Intercontinental Championship. It looked like there was going to be a changing of the guard here. Michaels, WWF’s hottest rising star, controlled the majority of the match. But all it took was one DDT out of nowhere to leave Michaels face down and out cold! 1,2,3, The Snake retains! (95!)

The Diamond Studs (Rick Rude & Razor Ramon) defeated The Hart Foundation to become the NEW WWF Tag Team Champions! Rude & Ramon spoil the one year anniversary of the Harts winning the tag titles, thanks to the interference of some mysterious woman (Woman?!). She blinds Neidhart with some type of spray substance, allowing Rude to hit the Rude Awakening for the 3! (90)

In what was dubbed the “Mega Finale,” Randy Savage defeated Hulk Hogan to RETAIN the WWF Heavyweight Championship. During the match, Ric Flair would make his way to the ring with his own chair and take a seat. Just when it looked like Hogan was going to put Savage away with the big Leg Drop, Flair would strike Hogan in the back with the chair! The referee never sees it, having previously been knocked down! Savage has no idea what happened, but that doesn’t stop him from going to the top rope and hitting the Flying Elbow! 1,2,3, Savage wins the Mega Finale! Savage celebrates with the gold, as Flair walks away with a devious grin! (99!)

Final Show Rating: 97
Unread 07-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Phenom

Default ORDER Battle of the Gladiators

I am running my custom company ORDER's first inaugral Battle of the Gladiators!

Here is the bracket:

The winner will recieve a championship shot against our world champion Latino Lover! (maybe more well known as Champagne Lover, maybe)
Unread 07-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Phenom

First round is done!
Unread 07-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Low Minors

I'm calling, winner is from that bottom group of 8.

Top notch roster right there.
Unread 07-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Minor League

End of June, 2013. 2001 save. NJPW. Long post, maybe?

2013 is the year of retirements, I feel. Or at least 2012-2013 is. Nagata went out with a bang against Tomohiro Ishii, but his last match saw him team up with Tenzan and Kojima to beat Ishii, Shibata, and Masato Tanaka. Jushin Liger was bested by KUSHIDA. Now Mochizuki faces off against Minoru Suzuki in his final match, the story is just because Mochizuki was one of my first signings, and he joined Suzuki-gun originally. So, 12 years later, Suzuki gets to put him down. Who is 45 and no time decline, alongside William Regal. I was ready to retire Regal 5 years ago but he isn't going down. Both men are also so good that it'll take near a decade for them to suffer beyond use, it's insane. El Samurai just retired as well, losing to his protege CIMA. I normally keep time decline guys around in Japanese promotions because I can use them in multi-man matches, but Nagata, Samurai, and Liger were both in time decline for around 5-10 years.

Kento Miyahara defeated Suwama to capture the Open the Dream Gate title. This is Kento's first major singles title win. Only 24. He was battling Suwama for the past 6 months and it culminated in a shock victory. The plan is for him to drop it at Wrestle Kingdom to Suwama again, or maybe Suzuki, who he feuded with for the entirety of 2012, but if not, I wouldn't mind him retaining against Okada to make their personal singles rivalry a 1-1 affair.

The deciding factor is the IWGP Heavyweight scene. Tanahashi once again was unable to best Shinsuke Nakamura. This marks his singles rivalry with Nakamura even more skewed. Nakamura is 7 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw, against the ace Hiroshi Tanahashi. My plan here is for Tanahashi to win the G1 for the third time, and play underdog to Nakamura at Wrestle Kingdom XI. This could change, but I want Tanahashi to start pulling the feud back to an even ground.

The IWGP Intercontinental title was won by Prince Devitt, with the aid of Bullet Club. Nakamura's historical reign ended just short of Tanahashi's IWGP Heavyweight title reign. It was easily one of my favorite reigns to book too. His feud with Kota Ibushi was just so fun. Nakamura as mentioned above isn't too worried. But now Devitt, since Bullet Clubs formation will face the biggest "loser" in Tomoaki Honma. He has been beating Honma in every single multi-man match since 2011, and now? An overconfident and cocky Devitt doesn't even ask for the aid of Bullet Club. Honma getting that big win for a short IC reign is in order, lads. This is another fun long-term story I've been booking and having a blast doing so.

The IWGP Heavyweight Tag titles have been constantly traded between Hirooki Goto & Yoshitatsu and Kamikaze and Takeshi Morishima. I admit, I have two tag titles and this one is the "big" one but I'm running out of over tag teams, and am frantically trying to create new ones. These two team are done clashing, but I might have them face off in the finals of the Tag League. Either way, MoriKaze (play on TenKoji) are dropping the titles to TenKoji, and I might just give TenKoji a decently long reign as a thank you, since both are in their early 40s and I know the time decline is going to hit soon. Sadly.

The IWGP Openweight Tag titles, is just the Junior tag titles. Just because I can't book two juniors in a tag team for shit. I don't know why. These titles are held by Ishii & Shibata, because **** that sounds scary. They beat Bullet Club's Gallows & Anderson, but I plan on them dropping the titles to them again. Mostly because their title win was just something to do at Wrestle Kingdom, and now I guess I want both as Singles guys again. They're basically my EVIL and SANADA. Who I also have in my dev, ehehe.

The IWGP Junior title was just won by Kenny Omega, who has been feuding with CIMA for the past 10 months. Finally ending their feud as Omega wins. He won't hold it long, as he is massively over for a junior, and I want KUSHIDA to be the one to beat him, which will happen in September or something. Not sure. CIMA will have a strong showing in the BOSJ, which is stupidly in November, but the 5x champ will be put aside for newer guys and such... and KUSHIDA.

NEVER Openweight title scene is a cluster****, as it should be. Samoa Joe just beat Masato Tanaka, which just sounds fantastic. Joe's a former Dream Gate champion, so the gimmick here is he isn't dropping it for a while. He won it back in March, going to have him have a near year long title reign with it. Which would be a huge deal since the longest reign was back in 2004 by Jinsei Shinzaki, when the title was called the IWGP Japan title, lol.

The NEVER Six Man titles are also a cluster****, so far KAI and Zeus, a tag team, and Go Shiozaki, all members of Miyahara's stable, bested Bullet Club's Dan Maff (Fale wasn't in my game, and even though Maff is short, he is a big boy.) Johnny Bullet, and Tama Tonga. Though they captured them in a rematch. Now they face off for the tie breaker. I'm giving it to Bullet Club but the titles will very much be changing constantly.

The Joshi division is sort of hard for me to manage, always is. Imagine if Meiko Satomura was Charlotte Flair, but was still Meiko Satomura. That's how the division is going. The only reason she has only held the World of Stardom title three times is because of her crippling painkiller addiction. But it's very much old school, heel woman beats Satomura via cheating, Satomura earns her way back, wins. Except for in 2012 where, again, she was in rehab.

So because of how lacking the women were in getting over I also made the Goddesses of Stardom tag titles! Io and Mio Shirai are the inaugural champions, and right now, I'm just having them wrestle Tokyo Joshi Pro and ICE Girls. Because I have absolutely zero female tag teams. I have too many titles, and this is my punishment.

I have a few non-title feuds going on. 2012 was the year Naito began to "snap" and become the Ingobernable that he is. It'll be fully pushed out when he faces Suzuki in July. This will be Naito's return feud as well. Okada is feuding with ****ing Tiger Raj Singh (who is an absolute stud in this game, it's insane) as a filler until the G1. I mean he hasn't beaten Okada, but it's okay. He won't either. Kota Ibushi is feuding with Shingo Takagi to determine the #1 contender for the Intercontinental title, it'll be Shingo, as I enjoy cucking Kota Ibushi from the IC title.
Unread 07-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
I'm calling, winner is from that bottom group of 8.

Top notch roster right there.
Thanks!

We are now at the quarter finals:

Most noticeable things from last round is Bulldozer upsetting Sir Paul Parsons (Rich Money), and Valiant cheating to beat Ernest.
Unread 07-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Phenom

Now the semi finals are next!

Unread 07-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Phenom

THE BOYHOOD DREAM CAME TRUE! RANDY IS YOUR INAUGRAL WINNER OF BATTLE OF THE GUARDIANS!

Unread 07-06-2019, 12:23 AM
Minor League

An important show.

Matt Hocking becomes the last man in the World's Finest tournament by virtue of winning the battle royal, while Brent Hill prevented Bryan Vessey from taking his spot.

The field now looks like this. I think Group A's a little tougher, but not too much so.

It will be the beginning of the end for Vessey, as Davis Wayne Newton and Bart Biggins are the only two members of the New School of Tradition in the tournament. He will soon be kicked out, then either jobbed out or benched until his contract expires. Besides all of his other issues, he's also the only worker on the roster on time decline. (Hill, two years older at 49, is NOT on time decline.)

Rudy wins the All Action belt here so he can have a run, as a new owner goal means I can't re-sign him when his contract is up next year.

The tag title switch is going to end up turning Roderick Remus face. (It's complicated.)

Last year Champion's reign ended at the next PPV. Will history repeat itself?
Unread 07-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Hall of Fame

So between 1995 and 1997 there have been 4 car crash fatalities in my game. Sean Morley, Jun Akiyama, Minoru Tanaka and Johnny Grunge have all died in car crashes. Bit annoying as I was in negotiations to sign Tanaka when he had his.

In other news, I have given up trying to push Richard Slinger on my fans and will have him drop the WCW United States title (I opted, no nWo on this play through). I'm trying to see if I can do something different rather than following the usual "make sure the nWo get formed". I did create Dungeon of Doom though and currently have Big Bubba as the World Heavyweight champion following the vacancy left with Ted DiBiase's retirement.

I will look to phase out all the old "WWFers" over the next few years and build the company around the likes of Guerrero, Jericho, Benoit and Raven - providing they keep fit.
Unread 07-07-2019, 03:54 PM

I've just started a fresh TCW game playing as the booker and I'm sort of relearning half of the game as I go, because I haven't played in a good while. You'll have to excuse my noob-ish ramblings!

I'm only three months in. I'm consistently beating SWF and USPW in show quality, though my TV ratings are still nowhere near SWF. I win the national battles because I hired Khoklov, so that's one less thing to worry about at least.

I made Golden my champion, though that may have been a mistake because he pretty much refuses to lose to anyone. If I remember correctly from my old TCW game, he's also pretty much impossible to keep once his contract runs down as my owner won't let me match the SWF/USPW contract offers.
I suppose at least once he's confirmed as leaving, I can just job him out to anyone who needs a popularity boost.

The real surprise performer for me so far has been Edd Stone. In terms of in ring performances, he's been a match for anyone and is starting to really get over. He also cuts killer unscripted promos. Unfortunately his singles push has left my tag team division hurting for heel teams. Recruitment needed.

I have an owner goal to get Marc Speed over, but the only good matches he's managed to have are a few technical masterclasses with Darryl Devine and since they're about the same popularity it's not helping him get over much.

The award for most useless performer so far goes to Ricky Dale Johnson. His promos are good, but when it comes to actually getting into the ring he's pathetic. I have jobbers that outperform him. He's definitely not main event material as his push suggests. I think maybe I'll start him feuding with Jay Chord and use him as a stepping stone to get Chord to the main event level.

My Hawkins/Bach feud has been carrying my main event scene for the last couple of PPVs and they always score in the 90s.

Yeah, that's pretty much it so far.
Unread 07-07-2019, 10:23 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreams View Post

The real surprise performer for me so far has been Edd Stone. In terms of in ring performances, he's been a match for anyone and is starting to really get over. He also cuts killer unscripted promos. Unfortunately his singles push has left my tag team division hurting for heel teams. Recruitment needed.
For TCW, I've had good luck bringing in The Ring Generals from NYCW and The Berserkers from WEXXV.