Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko View Post
Saw this and thought of you. I'm massively looking forward to tonight's patch. Custom MP3 support is going to be fantastic!
Looks pretty cool, I'd have to figure out how to make it work. Had a look through the thread, and saved myself a number of WCW rings, an NWA ring, and a couple of others, (including the templates) that I happened to like.

I look forward to bringing some things to life.
Unread 08-23-2017, 07:31 AM
Major League

How do you guys simulate running your own promotions? Just looking for some ideas to do one myself. Do you set yourself targets/goals? A 'budget'?
Unread 08-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Super Star

I'm probably the wrong one to answer this question, but my way is amazingly simplistic: basically, I create my wrestlers, simulate my matches, and keep track of the results in a notebook or in a word document.

Others probably have better ways, but this one's always seemed enough for me.

Of course, I haven't really messed around with the missions, or any of that stuff, so I may come up with something else at some point.

Unread 08-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Low Minors

Just like Warrior, I use a convoluted, overly-complex dice & chart system .. wait .. what?

I don't use a budget. Instead, I have a master list of wrestlers, three are randomly selected each time there's a free slot on the roster, and I hire who I'd like (and who's edit is available on the Workshop) from the three. I roll dice for weekly show events, such as title shots out of the blue. There's a monthly roll after each supercard to see what happens; roster change, promotion size change (I have it set to happen randomly as it's tricky to determine 'success' in FPWW at the moment), a new trainee available to hire, etc. There's an injury roll when a Critical occurs. Yeah .. ridiculous I know. No target or goal needed. Just enjoy the show.

And DVD, you need this mod to use the ring textures. It's not as tricky as you might think.

Last edited by Socko : 08-23-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 08-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
My computer is four years old, and even when it was brand new it wasn't designed to be a gaming computer. Firepro didn't run too well when I had it full screen, but in windowed mode it has always worked fine.
I have a computer almost 10 years old and this game runs flawlessly.
Unread 08-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Low Minors

Also, this game is amazing. Easily one of my favorite wrestling games. Can't wait to intertwine it with TEW somehow.
Unread 09-18-2017, 03:02 PM
All Star

What a great game. I've gotten some good mods for it and it plays great. Love this so far.
Unread 09-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Low Minors

Still very much enjoying FPWW here too. SO much fun!
Unread 09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Rookie

Haven't touched the game in weeks. Got too busy playing No Man's Sky again so I'll wait until it's patched up and officially released.
Unread 10-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Haven't touched the game in weeks. Got too busy playing No Man's Sky again so I'll wait until it's patched up and officially released.
Yo they made No Mans Sky good tho
Unread 10-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Major League

Version .9011 patch is LIVE today, and amongst some quality-of-life fixes comes...
TEAM ENTRANCES and CUSTOM RING LOGOS (officially)!
You can now officially (without the aid of Carlzilla's mod tool) put custom logos onto your Edit Rings (the Mat, the 2 front Aprons, all 4 Posts, and all 3 styles of Turnbuckle) and upload them to the Workshop!

Patch notes and note from Dave K here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/5642...86731780397873
http://steamcommunity.com/games/5642...86731781103492
Unread 11-13-2017, 02:24 PM
Major League

Version .9012 patch is LIVE as of 3 days ago!
More quality-of-life fixes, new additions to the Priorities section (oh, I forgot to mention that .9011 added SEVEN MORE PRIORITY SLOTS, increasing the number from 3 to 10!), and the following additions to the Appearance section:
1 - 2 different types of Glasses/Sunglasses for the Head area (Masahiro Chono's/Christian 1998's small-lens Yakuza style and The Rock's large-lens aviator style), for the first time in Fire Pro!
2 - Body Hair for the Chest and Waist areas, ALSO for the first time in Fire Pro! (Now your AJ Styleses, Kenny Omegas, A-Trains, Shawn Michaelses, and Scott Halls will have accurate hairy torsos!)
3 - SKIRTS have been added, returning to Fire Pro after a decade-plus long absence since the GBA games
4 - New Arm Guards for the Forearm area
5 - Brand-new "Flame" and "Zig-Zag" patterns for Forearm and Calf areas, brand-new to the Fire Pro series!

Full patch notes here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/5642...39714346147103
Unread 11-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Super Star

Just had a blast the last little while, bringing wrestlers in and building up a roster for my brand new WCW. For the epic tag team tournament coming up very soon, we've already confirmed Fin Balor & Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles & Bobby Roode, Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens, The Hardy Boyz, The Briscoes, The Bar, The Shield, The New Day, and The Usos. Planning to bring in The Young Bucks and some other teams as well. CM Punk's also on tap for the singles tournament.

Among many others.

Got a brand new WCW Monday Nitro Ring that I'm pretty proud of and everything. Really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

It's been fun.
Unread 11-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Phenom

Well, well, well, look what I've found here! Interesting thread this is.

Since I gave up trying to make ever-growing EWR/TEW databases, I've been trying to help the Fire Pro community grow. I'm the day to day guy of the Fire Pro Club, which is a Facebook page and a Twitter account offering support and popularizing the game, both of which have over 1000 members. FPC has been around since 1993, this is how it exists now. I'm not the boss of the thing, but as is tradition in the Fire Pro community, the real boss is rather silent and the day to day guy pretty much runs it (Ever noticed that? Higher Power / MrMDK, Tiger Sword / C-Drive, Hoss & me, quiet big boss, active d2d guy...)

Right now is as good a time as any to take the plunge. The game is cheap, the scene is as vibrant as I've seen any scene, (and I was at the heart of the sim world during the Monday Night Wars AND involved in the first 3 years of complete mods being a thing in MLB The Show) and Spike Chunsoft are absolute saints to us. You know with what's happening with EA and microtransactions and such, Spike Chunsoft is like the complete opposite. They just give and give, and not only do they give, but they give what the community wants.

Oh and there's the mods...

Everything you see here is custom. The wrestlers (may be mine), the ref, the ring, even the camera angle was modded in.

We're swimming in gaming riches, here. This is the freakin' klondike. Because of my involvment in the community I was the second person to play the game before it launched and I knew this would change everything the second I saw that layers system in edit mode.

And then came the official patches, and then came the fan-made editor, and then came the fan-made ****ing thingamajic that allows us to port FPR edits straight to World, then came 35000 edits, then came Carlzilla's Mod.

Just amazing.
Unread 11-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Super Star

I have a few of my TEW logos and maybe banners too I'd like to turn into ring mats and aprons, but so far, I have NO IDEA whatsoever on how to go about doing that. Are there any templates available for these things?