Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-14-2018, 08:33 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Shady K versus 'The Amish Mountain" Jebediah (c)
Looks like Jebediah is taking on "foreign" talent while you are building up the home team. Solid strategy.
Gotta keep it old school -- and the home team definitely needs to be built, especially given my starting desire to not hire anyone who was working other gigs. The only reason Whitehorse and Howlin' got brought in is because NYCW announced they weren't resigning them -- so I signed them while technically they still had deals [NYCW fell to Small so they chose not to resign them, their contracts came up within like, two weeks of each other in game]
Unread 11-14-2018, 08:52 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Gotta keep it old school -- and the home team definitely needs to be built, especially given my starting desire to not hire anyone who was working other gigs. The only reason Whitehorse and Howlin' got brought in is because NYCW announced they weren't resigning them -- so I signed them while technically they still had deals [NYCW fell to Small so they chose not to resign them, their contracts came up within like, two weeks of each other in game]
It makes sense. While I've been using outside talent to fish for chemistry notes and keep my core roster strong, as NEO gets closer and becomes a small company, I'll also start using them to leach some overness.
Unread 11-14-2018, 09:19 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
It makes sense. While I've been using outside talent to fish for chemistry notes and keep my core roster strong, as NEO gets closer and becomes a small company, I'll also start using them to leach some overness.
Smart strategy. I've been reading your NEO game. It's been new for me -- because I know a whole lot of nothing about that universe -- so I'm having to get used to a whole new crop of people.
Unread 11-14-2018, 09:57 AM
All Star

Default RMM Presents: Wanted Dead or Alive

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Wanted Dead or Alive
Saturday, Week 4, April

Hellion cuts a scary, menacing in ring promo about his upcoming match with El Mitico Jr. C+

Opening Contest
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
El Mitico Jr. versus Hellion

In a decent match, Hellion defeated El Mitico Jr. in 6:02 via pinfall after a Devastation Bomb. D-

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz versus Phillipe LeGrenier

In a decent match, Logan Diaz defeated Phillipe LeGrenier in 17:26 by stoppage when LeGrenier could not continue. D-

-- Logan debuted his ‘Blue Chipper’ gimmick to an initial rating of Great.
-- LeGrenier debuted his Arrogant Heel gimmick to an initial rating of Very Good.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Riley McManus versus El Hijo Del Neutron

In a decent match, Riley McManus defeated Neutron in 19:45 via pinfall after Riley McManus hit a slingshot suplex. D-

-McManus and Neutron do not seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
If Whitehorse wins, the Boys from the Yukon get a Tag Title Shot Next Month
Ace Youngblood versus Whitehorse Whitaker

In a decent match, Whitehorse Whitaker defeated Ace Youngblood in 12:25 by pinfall after a Canadian Stun Gun. D-

-- Whitaker debuted his ‘Lumberjack’ gimmick to an initial rating of Poor.

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Shady K versus 'The Amish Mountain" Jebediah ©

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Jebediah defeated Shady K in 13:09 by pinfall after a Sundown Splash. It was a wild brawl and marked the third successful title defense of the RMW Heavyweight Championship for Jebediah. D-

-Shady K debuted his ‘Street fighter’ gimmick to an initial rating of Below Average.
-Shady K and Jebediah have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

After the match, Jebediah was celebrating his victory when Shady K slid back in the ring -- but this time with a heavy glove on his hand. Jebediah turned around and Shady K hit him one time and dropped the big man to the mat. E+

Overall: This show increased our popularity in one region. D-
Unread 11-14-2018, 10:36 AM
All Star

I had grown fond of the blue and white mask. It represented something special. Something historic. I had always had a deep appreciation for history. When I was first starting out as a wrestler, I actually completed a degree in Education with a focus in History. It was my back up plan. If wrestling hadn’t worked out, I would have taught high school history and probably had been happy. Mariah and I would have had a quiet life. A house in the suburbs somewhere. We would have still had our four children, but I would have been home every night. Dinner with the family. Coached little league.

Instead wrestling worked out and my love of history translated into an almost pathological need to learn the history of the sport. Lucha Libre had a lot of history. Its history mattered. Masks were passed on. Masks possessed legends. People remembered the mask. El Mitico Jr. wore his mask with pride. It was passed onto him by family. He wanted to carry on that legacy -- the legacy of his family. He was about to get that chance.

“Boss, I just wanted to say thank you.” He said in his accented English. He was fluent in English and Spanish -- it made him a great prospect, one I had had high hopes for. “You gave me a shot when no one else would. It only lasted a couple of months, but thank you.”

I shook his hand. A proper handshake. A handshake between men who respected each other. “You give them hell down there. Make sure Pablo uses you right. There’s no reason you can’t be main eventing with Champagne and Axxis and Leon in eighteen months. You’ve got all the skills, the charisma, the drive.”

He nodded. His mask was still on, but untied. He wouldn’t take it off at the building -- not as long as there was the possibility of someone who shouldn’t see him seeing him. “Hopefully they’ll see it that way and not just see me as a way to get other people over.”

“I certainly hope so.” I liked him. If he was staying, I would have eventually put the title on him. Built him up into my top star. He had the technical ability. He had the psychology. He could sell. He could talk. He had the ‘It Factor.’ He would do well in South of the Border. Sure, I’m disappointed that he’s leaving, but I’m not angry. Everyone wants to make it. Everyone wants to make big money. A full-time, fully guaranteed contract with the biggest company in Mexico? I couldn’t compete with that and I couldn’t be mad at him for taking that deal. “Just do good out there.”

I will.” He shook my hand one last time, picked up his bag and walked out. I watched him go. I knew that this was bound to happen. The big leagues would come calling. They’d come after guys -- not out of aggression towards me but as a way to continue to build assets in the never ending war for international supremacy. It used to be that a company would be happy controlling its region. If a company could have a good, steady fanbase in its local region, that was enough. Eisen changed that. Stallings made it worse. Strong and then Packer made it a full blown war. The other companies were gearing up just for survival. Pablo had guided South of the Border into national dominance. From a strong regional promotion to the dominant promotion in Mexico. Mitico would fit in there. He would do well. I would have liked to see him go to OLLIE -- some place with history deserving of him, but he could be a national star with South of the Border, so all the best to him.

I turned back to my table. My station. My water was almost empty, so I finished it. Shady and Jeb had done really well in the main event. That is too straight shows where Jeb really stepped his game up. Two straight shows where his opponent helped bring out the best in him. He and Shady were both brawlers and I had let them go wild tonight and my audience ate it up. Turned out that Shady and Jeb were tailor made to fight each other. The simple Amish giant, the hard-nosed street fighter. Both fighting for pride and to put food on the table. A simple story of two polar opposite men philosophically who are competing for the same result. It worked to a ‘T’ and it was something we were going to do again next month -- this time with a gimmick. The Coal Miner’s Glove. An easy gimmick to pull off. You put a pole in the corner, you put the glove on top of the pole, first to get it can use it. It gives something different without needing things we can’t afford -- like a cage -- or things that don’t make sense for the competitors -- a ladder. Both guys are brawlers and Jeb is almost seven feet tall, he can’t be doing ladder matches. The glove will play to the old school fanbase we are building.

The Boys from the Yukon are going to arrive in full force against the Aces of Mayhem. This is going to have to carry my tag division. Desert Storm is not going to be sustainable as a partner for The Silencer. I like the Silencer, as a singles heel he might have some real legs to him. Storm has a terrible attitude and he has not really shown much in the ring so far. I might give him another show or two to see if he can pull something out and start to put the pieces together and make himself valuable -- otherwise I’ll just cut him loose and bring someone else in.

That’s a decision for future Robert, though. Tonight, I mourn the loss of El Mitico Jr. and I celebrate the success we are having. Another good show. The guys are really putting the pieces together. Jeb is getting over. We’re slowly building a tag program that I hope can carry us for a few months in that respect. Hellion is establishing himself as a big monster heel. Hopefully in a few months he will be ready for the big time -- that remains to be seen, but he’s making strides. His menace-style promos are getting good reactions. He’s got the size, menace, and mobility to really be a sustainable monster heel.

Riley is getting over as a big time babyface. Maybe I’ll get more mileage from him then he had in Mid Atlantic. I’ll find out. Right now I’m fully committed to making Jebediah the top guy and establishing him as the key attraction of my roster. He hasn’t let me down yet and I don’t think he’s going to start.

I sighed. A heavy sigh. A sigh letting go of all the stress that I’ve been dealing with recently. The running an organization yourself. Booking, promoting, handling the finances and back end. It has been a lot of work, but I’m getting used to it now. It took a few months, but I’ve got the systems in place to make it successful and sustainable. We just have to keep growing in popularity.
Unread 11-14-2018, 06:26 PM
All Star

I looked down at the card. It was a good one. Good attractions. Hopefully some good action. I handed it over to the woman at Fed Ex Office for the copies of flyers and the posters.

Quote:
Rocky Mountain Wrestling: Coal Miner's Glove
Week 4, Saturday, May, 2016.

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
Shady K versus "The Amish Mountain" Jebediah (c)

Semi Main Event
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
The Boys from the Yukon versus The Aces of Mayhem (c)

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Winner Becomes Number One Contender to the RMW Championship
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Riley McManus versus Richie Riggins

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
"Cowboy" Buck Winchester versus Hellion

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz versus Desert Storm
Unread 11-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Low Minors

A great show, it was an entertaining read, I really like the backstage interactions, it makes it so much easier to envision it happen since you give so much depth to the story being told.

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Not going against Hellion again, as I can see him take the belt of Jeb at some point.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
This won't be good for Desert Storm's attitude but he has to put over the new guy.
Unread 11-14-2018, 07:42 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion View Post
A great show, it was an entertaining read, I really like the backstage interactions, it makes it so much easier to envision it happen since you give so much depth to the story being told.
I really appreciate the positive feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the read.
Unread 11-14-2018, 08:10 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I really appreciate the positive feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the read.
No problem, just keep pumping them out. I need more.
Unread 11-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Minor League

Wasn't expecting how fast you put the last show out, but I'm honestly not complaining about it. I love seeing how RMW and it's wrestlers grow, and fun shows and some well written backstage exposition is always a good way to go about it.

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
What I like the most about Jeb being the defending champion of both his title and territory is how it builds his mythos as a wrestler. It's the sort of legacy and record that also legitimizes the other guy who does end up toppling the champion, and I can't wait to see who it ends up being, even with how much I'm liking Jeb's reign.

Semi Main Event
I'm predicting it'll be a DQ victory to continue this one

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
I've always liked Riley, but was never really able to fit him in for the long term in any of my C-Verse games.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-15-2018, 08:21 AM
Major League

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
[quote] part of me wants to say Boys from the Yukon, mostly because I have awesome renders of them lol, but I do not think it it quite their time yet, plus the Aces have been doing pretty good.

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Super Star

Well I am caught up and current so I should plop down a prediction as well

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
Since there isn’t a DQ in a coal miners match (nice shout out the the PNW territory BTW), I can’t pick Shady as I expect the champ to retain

Semi Main Event
This one is a little more challenging but I’ll say the champs retain, for now

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
I’ve never had success with Riggins and you seem to be high on McManus performances

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Hellion will continue his climb up the lower card

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Diaz is a future champ if he stays in the area. I’d like to see his partner The silencer more than Desert Storm
Unread 11-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Phenom

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-15-2018, 01:06 PM
All Star

Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-15-2018, 03:21 PM
All Star

Default RMW Presents: Coal Miner's Glove

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a decent match, Logan Diaz defeated Desert Storm in 10:01 by stoppage when Desert Storm could not continue. D-

Hellion cuts an in-ring menace based promo on Buck Winchester to hype their upcoming match. B+

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a decent match, Hellion defeated Buck Winchester in 8:41 by pinfall after a Devolution Bomb. D-

Richie Riggins cut an in ring promo to hype his match with Riley McManus. D.

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

In a poor match, Riley McManus defeated Richie Riggins by pinfall in 12:32 after hitting the Slingshot Suplex. E+

-Riley and Richie do not click and it made for an awkward bout.

Semi Main Event
The Boys from the Yukon versus The Aces of Mayhem ©

In a decent match, The Boys from the Yukon defeated the Aces of Mayhem in 17:33 when Howlin’ Mad Mort pinned Max Mayhem and used the ropes for leverage while Whitehorse held Ace from making the save. The Boys from Yukon become the new Rocky Mountain Tag Team Champions. D-

Howlin’ Mad Mort debuted his Lumberjack gimmick to an initial rating of Above Average.

Main Event
Coal Miner's Glove Match
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
Shady K versus "The Amish Mountain" Jebediah ©

In a match that had good heat and decent wrestling, Shady K defeated Jebediah in 14:02 by pinfall after hitting a K Killer. Shady K won the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship. D.

Overall: This show raised our popularity in one region. D+