Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Unread 08-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Suplexcity Suplexcity is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
Here is the problem you tend to run into. If the AI is controlling them, they will not run all those multiple night tournaments (they will put a winner on the first event of that month) and it will have been time you could have spent on other things. You cannot cater every promotion exactly the way they run in real life, because the AI does not treat the world as a real world. It's the same reason you wont see a 205 brand for WWE in most mods, because the AI will book it as a normal brand and you'll have women and heavyweights fighting on the card. The player has to assume some responsibility for setting their promotions up themselves otherwise it is an absolute mess. It's a shame you find adding this tedious, but imagine how tedious modmakers find most things in modding a huge data set to be and you'll realise (or maybe you wont) that your having to add a few extra events in, isn't actually that bad.
This would make sense if it wasn't easier to remove events from the database than it is to add them within the schedule. The events could even be se to dormant at the start of the save so deleting the events wouldn't even have to be an option. Setting to active from dormant would be a lot easier than setting dates and lenghts. Although I'm not sure if the AI actually activates those at some point.

Last edited by Suplexcity : 08-26-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 08-26-2019, 01:48 PM
landxx landxx is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplexcity View Post
This would make sense if it wasn't easier to remove events from the database than it is to add them within the schedule. The events could even be se to dormant at the start of the save so deleting the events wouldn't even have to be an option. Setting to active from dormant would be a lot easier than setting dates and lenghts. Although I'm not sure if the AI actually activates those at some point.
Hmm i dont think AI ever activate dormant events . But for your sake i will try fix NJPW schedule for October and it will be major time taker for that update.And the September update is set and done only waiting for title changes and All out results.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 08-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Fleisch's Avatar
Fleisch Fleisch is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplexcity View Post
This would make sense if it wasn't easier to remove events from the database than it is to add them within the schedule. The events could even be se to dormant at the start of the save so deleting the events wouldn't even have to be an option. Setting to active from dormant would be a lot easier than setting dates and lenghts. Although I'm not sure if the AI actually activates those at some point.
While I can see it from your point (and as far as the AI, I don't think they reactivate dormant events), if a mod maker does it for NJPW, they will have to do it for AJPW, NOAH, Stardom, DDT, Dragon Gate etc... just in case someone want's to play as them. It isn't through laziness, or to annoy, it is through trial and error when it comes to trying to get the AI to use the multi night tournament format (something I hope we can do properly in 2020). Obviously each mod maker to their own and I would never tell someone else how to set up their mods etc. but you then open up the whole Mexico Event issue where they have multiple events at specific arenas with different luchadors working the cards (CMLL between 2nd and 6th of August held 7 shows for example). On top of that you would then have the likes of CHIKARA who hold multi-night events such as King of Trios. It wouldn't be "quick" for the person making the mod to do all of that on the basis "someone might play as them" when they have a thousand other more important updates or additions to complete which is why you won't see these in a lot of mods.

Hopefully you don't take this as me being argumentative (it's not even my thread so I don't want it to come across that way), it's hard to interpret tone in typing unfortunately, but these are merely me explaining the thought processes that had been discussed and mulled over at the time of deciding whether to input every multi-day event for every company that holds them.

Anyway, as this is landxx mod and not mine, I shall leave my input there as obviously it isn't my decision.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 08-27-2019, 03:26 AM
landxx landxx is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
While I can see it from your point (and as far as the AI, I don't think they reactivate dormant events), if a mod maker does it for NJPW, they will have to do it for AJPW, NOAH, Stardom, DDT, Dragon Gate etc... just in case someone want's to play as them. It isn't through laziness, or to annoy, it is through trial and error when it comes to trying to get the AI to use the multi night tournament format (something I hope we can do properly in 2020). Obviously each mod maker to their own and I would never tell someone else how to set up their mods etc. but you then open up the whole Mexico Event issue where they have multiple events at specific arenas with different luchadors working the cards (CMLL between 2nd and 6th of August held 7 shows for example). On top of that you would then have the likes of CHIKARA who hold multi-night events such as King of Trios. It wouldn't be "quick" for the person making the mod to do all of that on the basis "someone might play as them" when they have a thousand other more important updates or additions to complete which is why you won't see these in a lot of mods.

Hopefully you don't take this as me being argumentative (it's not even my thread so I don't want it to come across that way), it's hard to interpret tone in typing unfortunately, but these are merely me explaining the thought processes that had been discussed and mulled over at the time of deciding whether to input every multi-day event for every company that holds them.

Anyway, as this is landxx mod and not mine, I shall leave my input there as obviously it isn't my decision.
Yeah that is the problem but, I think I can do this for NJPW because its get played a lot and saying like this i dont think any other company will get this schedule fix

p.s Fleisch you always welcome to comment here!

Last edited by landxx : 08-27-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 08-29-2019, 11:02 PM
rktaker rktaker is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
Default

some updates for mlw

remove jason cade
remove vandal ortagun
remove mike parrow
remove leo brien
remove mike patrick
remove darby allin
remove joey ryan
remove low ki from promociones dorado and change him to face

add timothy thatcher


change josef salaem to josef samael
change kotto brazil to heel

Last edited by rktaker : 08-29-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 08-30-2019, 11:33 AM
landxx landxx is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rktaker View Post
some updates for mlw

remove jason cade
remove vandal ortagun
remove mike parrow
remove leo brien
remove mike patrick
remove darby allin
remove joey ryan
remove low ki from promociones dorado and change him to face

add timothy thatcher


change josef salaem to josef samael
change kotto brazil to heel
Thank u for help i also added few wreslers to MLW that were not in database.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 08-30-2019, 04:25 PM
rktaker rktaker is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landxx View Post
Thank u for help i also added few wreslers to MLW that were not in database.
no problem if thereís anything else iíll let you know
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 09-01-2019, 03:53 AM
landxx landxx is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 208
Default

Wow the summer has ended for me in the Easter Europe but the wresling world just getting hotter.So for September update there was much editing mostly title changes and adding new wreslers that there not on database so its like new 23 workers /wreslers added to database by the way there a lot new pictures added for September update about 50 so its like small graphic mod.Now for October update i mostly will do same thing but will fix NJPW schedule it will be focus of next update.

September Database

September Graphics

Only September People (New)

landxx people pack (Big people pack!)

By the way for best experience to use my modern day mod
Use this Skin http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=538450 and these grades https://tewdb.com/img819.htm


Credits
Fleisch and Southside_Hitman for their Database because i using as Base
TheWho87 because i imported few worker and companies from his base.
joemurphy
Asaemon's for his grades mod and WrestlingInfinity for Skin
and all other guys and this forum.

Last edited by landxx : 09-01-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 09-01-2019, 11:40 AM
rktaker rktaker is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
Default

thanks for the update look forward to playing it
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 09-04-2019, 09:54 PM
alpha2117's Avatar
alpha2117 alpha2117 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,982
Default

Scarlett Bordeaux was at the WWE Performance Center today. It's believed it was for a workout and she has yet to be offered an official contract (although as previously rumored it does seem likely as she could have been designed in a laboratory to appeal to Vince)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 09-06-2019, 04:57 PM
franticloser's Avatar
franticloser franticloser is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: A place I hope to leave
Posts: 1,665
Default

Johnny Swinger has signed a two year deal with Impact
Spoilers Shamrock will be facing Moose at Bound for Glory, Joey Ryan is backstage at the recent set of tapings no word on what he may be doing yet.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 09-10-2019, 06:02 AM
Incredulous Incredulous is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 34
Default

Cody Rhodes has vanished?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 09-12-2019, 07:56 AM
landxx landxx is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredulous View Post
Cody Rhodes has vanished?
After Marriage with brandy he is Cody Runnells
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 09-12-2019, 10:39 AM
raspymorten's Avatar
raspymorten raspymorten is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landxx View Post
After Marriage with brandy he is Cody Runnells
... I mean, Brandy is the one who's a Runnels now. But I guess I see what you mean
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.