Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
Hey Adam, care to answer in regards to the calendar?
I'm only directing it towards you as you clearly visit this thread and answer stuff
Any changes to the calendar would be covered in a Journal entry, I'm sure.
Unread 08-09-2019, 01:34 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
Hey Adam, care to answer in regards to the calendar?
I'm only directing it towards you as you clearly visit this thread and answer stuff
I'm pretty sure Adam previously said that the calendar would not be changing to a date based calendar, because of how it would effect the scheduling of events as annual events/etc...
Unread 08-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Really like the addition of title reign lengths. Good stuff.
Unread 08-09-2019, 05:46 PM

I couldn't care less whether there's a real calendar or not, and I know it's bad form to bring up your old suggestions because no one else ever does it, but seeing the word "calendar" reminded me of this and I'd really love to see it in the game

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=533847
Unread 08-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydCross View Post
This sounds like removing an unnecessary restriction, so I'm all for it.

That said, I'm struggling to think of a reason why I would need to do this. What are some things people are looking forward to doing that are facilitated by this change?
There probably is no reason that you would need to. Some goes for most people, I'd wager. However, as the person who requested this I can tell you my reason for doing so.

I like to name my tour events by the venue that they're held in, so when I look back at my show history I can tell at a quick glance where I've been running shows. A typical example would be "WEXXV 8.18.19 Yokohama Red Brick Arena" (although I'd probably have to truncate it to something like "WEXXV 8.18.19 Yokohama RB Arena" because there probably wouldn't be enough room for all of it, so I really hope we have longer event names this year as well.)

Anyway, what I'd have to do is enter the PM, figure out where I'm going to hold the show, then back out, reload the save, rename the event, then enter the PM again, losing whatever backstage incidents may have occurred the first time.

So now I won't have to do that anymore. This is a big change for me.
Unread 08-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Minor League

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but this would be neat. When searching for workers and filtering certain criteria, it would be neat to save the filter.

For example, multiple filters saved so you can search for certain people instantly without having to change every filter again.
Unread 08-10-2019, 05:45 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Sheeshus, man. Your post made me realize I've been here for 14 years, as well. How? Like, actually how? There's no way I'm that old.
LOL, that's how I feel too. I've literally been on GDS since I was 15 years old and in high school. Now I'm a married 30 year old with a 5 year old son. Time flies right by. I used to think 30 was old, but I'm pretty sure its 50+ now.
Unread 08-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
LOL, that's how I feel too. I've literally been on GDS since I was 15 years old and in high school. Now I'm a married 30 year old with a 5 year old son. Time flies right by. I used to think 30 was old, but I'm pretty sure its 50+ now.
#50isthenew30
Unread 08-10-2019, 05:52 AM
All Star

From the Journal - "Spoils Of War: If a company goes bankrupt then anyone they're in a significant war with automatically gains a company-wide morale boost for "winning the war"."

Any chance we might get boosts for buying out a rival company? I'd imagine there was a massive morale boost in WWE when they purchased WCW, knowing that jobs were secure.
Unread 08-10-2019, 05:58 AM
All Star

Sorry for multiple posts, I worked an overnight shift and got out at 6am -- so my brain is all over the place this morning.

I'm all for the proposed gimmick change, so long as you do include an auto-generated list or a suggestion list. I'm not the most creative person in the world, I can see most of my workers having gimmicks like your example... Fearless Blue (lfjkdlfkjdf), Ernest Youngman (slkwjlwj), etc. It would probably ruin the enjoyment for me because I don't see myself detailing every single gimmick.

And how would game worlds start if there isn't a pre-set gimmick list? Would you have to create a gimmick for every worker on your roster, every single time you start a game?
Unread 08-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinux View Post
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but this would be neat. When searching for workers and filtering certain criteria, it would be neat to save the filter.

For example, multiple filters saved so you can search for certain people instantly without having to change every filter again.
#13: AI event instructions, "sticky" searches

"Search criteria are now "sticky", meaning that they remain in place unless the player explicitly resets or alters them. Furthermore, they are unique to each player, so the same screen can have different criteria saved for each user. This makes searching more user friendly as you can leave a screen, come back, and not have to re-enter your parameters."
Unread 08-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
#13: AI event instructions, "sticky" searches

"Search criteria are now "sticky", meaning that they remain in place unless the player explicitly resets or alters them. Furthermore, they are unique to each player, so the same screen can have different criteria saved for each user. This makes searching more user friendly as you can leave a screen, come back, and not have to re-enter your parameters."
He's talking about saved "Search Templates" in the same way we can save contracts. As far as I understand the #13 entry, it only keeps the most recent Filter you used active
Unread 08-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsmoker View Post
He's talking about saved "Search Templates" in the same way we can save contracts. As far as I understand the #13 entry, it only keeps the most recent Filter you used active
Yeah, the sticky idea is a nice idea, but you lose it when you make a change. It'd be cool to have a drop down like in the contracts with saved criteria.
Unread 08-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Has anything been confirmed regarding image size and formats for workers and companies? I'm wanting to get some graphics prepared.
Unread 08-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Stomp City View Post
Has anything been confirmed regarding image size and formats for workers and companies? I'm wanting to get some graphics prepared.
Same as TEW 2016.