Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2019, 02:03 AM
Minor League

Default J.League!

I sat nervously in the waiting room, which once was full but now contained only me. Typical that I'd be the last to go in; someone had probably already wowed them by now and interviewing me was just a courtesy at this point.

Maybe I should explain what's happening...

The Japan Football Association Headquarters

That's where I was, on a floor about midway up, in a waiting room, because I'd been invited for an interview. The JFA were looking to overhaul their entire football league system, which I'm sure is about as interesting to you as it is to me, however I wasn't here for anything football-related.

"Yamaguchi-san, the board will see you now."

That's me - Yusuke Yamaguchi!

There were a lot of men on the other side of the desk in the interview room, as if I wasn't nervous enough! I tried not to let it show, shook hands with everyone, then took my seat.

"Yamaguchi-san, thank you for coming in today. We invited you because your application really caught our eye! As you know from our advertisement, we are looking to start a professional wrestling league to run alongside our new-format football league, and we are looking for someone to run it!

"If you are successful today, you will be given complete control over the league in terms of roster members and booking, however we have very specific requirements about shows, tournaments and titles. We would grant you a starting budget of ¥62,275,000 to spend as you see fit, you will have a TV deal with TV Tokyo, and we will give you some decent starting exposure across Japan via our marketing campaign.

"So,as long as that all sounds agreeable, let's find out if you're the man for the job..."
Unread 03-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Major League

You better not raid Shimizu S-Pulse, alright?
Unread 03-01-2019, 08:40 AM
All Star

Since its FOOTBALL, I wanna see Kickfest and Stompfest.
Unread 03-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger!Liger! View Post
You better not raid Shimizu S-Pulse, alright?
I'll try my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme1234 View Post
Since its FOOTBALL, I wanna see Kickfest and Stompfest.
As show names, or just matches where only kicks and stomps are allowed?
Unread 03-01-2019, 10:02 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEZA View Post
I'll try my best!

As show names, or just matches where only kicks and stomps are allowed?
For both, especially where punches might not be allowed, only kicks for strikes.
Unread 03-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Minor League

Quote:
For both, especially where punches might not be allowed, only kicks for strikes.
Oh God...
Unread 03-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Minor League

Default Talent Search!

I got it! You are now... wait...

You are now looking at the new head booker of the J.League!

J.League's pro wrestling logo

Without further ado, it's time to start finding some talent to appear for us! The board told me our first proper season would run from May to December next year, with the finals being held in January 1994. Our main league roster would be 10 wrestlers, and they would compete in this year's J.League Cup from September to November.

On top of that, however, they want me to organise the first ever pro wrestling Emperor's Cup (the football equivalent has been running since 1921!) with 32 wrestlers, and the Shakaijin Championship, which is to be a one-week, 32-man tournament in October exclusively for unemployed wrestlers looking for an opportunity!

So, I was going to have to find 64 wrestlers, half of which must be currently unemployed by any major company, to compete for us... let's begin with some star power, shall we?

Antonio Inoki, Jumbo Tsuruta & Stan Hansen

I did a lot of research into who was currently available to work in Japan, and the three men above were easily the most iconic. Unfortunately, Inoki was under a written contract to New Japan and Tsuruta was under a written contract to All Japan. Hansen, however, was only on a PPA (pay-per-appearance) contract with All Japan, meaning he was able to take dates elsewhere, if he so wished!

I immediately got in touch with his agent, but long story short, Hansen feels we're not a big enough deal for him to work for us. Okay, what other huge stars were there?

André The Giant, Genichiro Tenryu, Hulk Hogan, Riki Choshu & Tatsumi Fujinami

Okay, so out of this group, Tenryu was on a written deal with Super World Of Sport, Hogan was obviously tied up with the WWF, and Choshu and Fujinami had written contracts with New Japan. I tried André, who currently only had a PPA deal in place with UWF, but hit the same roadblock as I did with Hansen. Time to look for more stars!

Abdullah The Butcher, Akira Taue, Atsushi Onita, Hiroshi Hase, Joshua Ben Gurion, Masahiro Chono, Mitsuharu Misawa, Roddy Piper, Steve Williams, Terry Funk & Vader

Abdullah and Onita were both out with pretty serious-sounding injuries (C4 cervical spinal cord rupture and fully ruptured subscapularis, respectively); Taue, Misawa and Williams were all under written deals with All Japan; Hase and Chono were tied to New Japan by written contracts; Roddy Piper was scheduled to be filming a movie for the next four months; and I hit the same roadblock with Funk and Vader as I had previously with Hansen and André!

This just left Joshua Ben-Gurion, who was currently filming his second movie in as many years, but could possibly be back in time for the Shakaijin Championship and Emperor's Cup tournaments! I got in touch with his agent, and negotiations were underway!

With our "star name" taken care of, it was time to look at some top-quality workers to put on excellent matches, which would hopefully become the hallmark of the J.League!

Arn Anderson, Atlantis, Bam Bam Bigelow, Brad Armstrong, Eddie Gilbert, El Hijo del Santo, Jumbo Tsuruta,
Jushin Thunder Liger, Mitsuharu Misawa, Negro Casas, Riki Choshu, Steve Williams, Terry Gordy & Toshiaki Kawada

Of these excellent in-ring performers, I have already explained why I can't sign Tsuruta, Misawa, Choshu and Williams, which leaves ten. Anderson and Armstrong are under written contracts with WCW; Atlantis and Santo are locked in with CMLL; Liger is on a written deal with New Japan; Casas is tied down with UWA; and Kawada has a written contract with All Japan.

On top of that, Eddie Gilbert wouldn't be available for any of our dates and wasn't interested in signing an exclusive contract with us. I did, however, manage to make contract offers to Bigelow and Gordy, who would both be great signings for us!

After much more sifting through names, I have made 22 contract offers, and have decided to see how they worked out before making any more...

Quote:
TL;DR

A lot of big stars aren't willing to sign with us, but I've still managed to offer 22 contracts! Let's see how that goes...
Unread 03-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Minor League

Default Roster Reveal!

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund, Bobby Fulton, Dean Malenko, Dory Funk Jr, Eddie Guerrero, Johnny Ace, Mighty Inoue, Terry Gordy, The Eagle & Tiger Jeet Singh

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Dave Finlay, Dick Murdoch, Jim Neidhart, Junji Hirata, Leatherface, Mark Rocco, Perro Aguayo, Richard Slinger, Tatsutoshi Goto & Victor Zangiev

MIDCARDERS

Al Snow, Damien, El Texano, Gran Apache, Jim Brunzell, Joel Deaton, John Nord, Killer Tim Brooks, Les Thornton,
Mark Youngblood, Negro Navarro, Pegasus Kid, Randy Rose, Super Astro & Tim Horner

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Adrian Street, B. Brian Blair, Black Man, Cuban Assassin, Gypsy Joe, Ninja de Fuego & Tony Puccio

OPENERS

Blue Panther, Doug Somers, Jaque Mate, Kato Kung Lee & The Killer

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Drew McDonald, El Brazo & The Monsther

OTHER WRESTLERS

Austin Idol, Billy Robinson, El Sicodelico, Enrique Vera, Johnny Saint, The Mongolian Stomper & Wahoo McDaniel

HEAD REFEREE

Motoyuki Kitazawa

ANNOUNCE TEAM

Yusuke Yamaguchi & Megumi Kudo
Unread 03-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Minor League

Default J.League Cup 1992: Format, Rules & Preview!

Hello, and welcome to the 1992 J.League Cup press conference! There will be ten participants, who will each face each other once over the coming weeks (from Saturday, week 1, September to Sunday, week 2, October) in a league format! Three points will be awarded for a win, one for a draw (time limit, double count-out, etc) and none for a loss. However, there will be no draws! If two wrestlers do happen to fight to a draw, their match will be immediately restarted under no-disqualification, no-time-limit rules. The winner will receive an additional point.

The top four at the end of the group stage will advance to the semi-finals (held on Friday, week 3, October) with 1st place fighting 4th, and 2nd fighting 3rd, for a place in the final on the 4th Monday in November! The league table will be presented as follows:

Competitors are currently in alphabetical order, there is no favouritism.

In addition to tournament shows, there will be two "Second Eleven" shows (Wednesday, week 3, September and Wednesday, week 1, October) on which we will showcase some of our other competitors! In mid-October (Friday & Saturday, week 2, October and Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, week 3, October) we will have the Shakaijin Championship, about which we will have more details nearer the time! Finally, there is a fair gap between the semi-finals and the final of the J.League Cup, so there will be nine special "Road To The Final" show in that time period.

Once the J.League Cup is settled, it will be time to host the 1992 Emperor's Cup, but I'll give you all the details on that when the time comes. For now, I hope you enjoy the J.League Cup and Shakaijin Championship as much as I enjoy sitting next to Megumi Kudo to commentate on the action!

Being the boss has its perks!

If you can't make it to the shows in person, you can find every single event we hold on TV Tokyo in the afternoon time slot! Thank you for your time!
Unread 03-05-2019, 02:05 AM
Minor League

Default Super Early Predictions Game!

So, the competitors and rules for the first ever Pro Wrestling J.League Cup are announced! Who's your early pick to win the whole thing?
  • Eddie Guerrero
  • El Brazo
  • El Texano
  • Gran Apache
  • Jim Neidhart
  • Negro Navarro
  • Ninja de Fuego
  • Perro Aguayo
  • The Eagle
  • The Killer

Bonus points for guessing the four semi-finalists and losing finalist!
Unread 03-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Minor League

Default J.League Cup: Group Stage, Day 1 Preview/Predictions

J.League Cup
Group Stage, Day 1

Shown on TV Tokyo from Kashima Municipal Gymnasium!

Opening Match

Ninja de Fuego vs El Brazo

Second Match

Eddie Guerrero vs The Killer

Third Match

Gran Apache vs Negro Navarro

Fourth Match

Jim Neidhart vs Perro Aguayo

Main Event

El Texano vs The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke Yamaguchi
Before the show, there were a couple of incidents. First, El Brazo had been preaching about his particular religion (whichever one it was, no-one was actually listening to him), which annoyed pretty much everyone. I had a quiet word, a "slap on the wrist" if you will, which didn't lead to anything noteworthy, but at least he stopped.

Second, Perro Aguayo and Jaque Mate almost got into a fight because Aguayo caused some damage to Mate's rental car and refused to pay for it. I chose to fine Aguayo and give the money to Mate to cover the damage, which pleased Mate and didn't seem to bother Aguayo at all.
Unread 03-07-2019, 11:13 PM
All Star

Opening Match

Ninja de Fuego vs El Brazo

Second Match

Eddie Guerrero vs The Killer

Third Match

Gran Apache vs Negro Navarro

Fourth Match

Jim Neidhart vs Perro Aguayo

Main Event

El Texano vs The Eagle
Unread 03-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Minor League

Unread 03-08-2019, 12:57 PM
All Star

For a second I thought I was looking at my own thread and was weirded out by the workers, then scrolling up I was like.......Ohhhhh Okay.

Evolved and more cleaner version. Just got one prediction wrong, surprisingly though. I thought I would get them all wrong.
Unread 03-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Just got one prediction wrong, surprisingly though. I thought I would get them all wrong.
Hahaha why? I know I'm getting a reputation for being unpredictable, but I'm not completely illogical.