Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Grey Dog Software General Discussions
Register Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-15-2020, 05:53 AM

Yeah I would have preferred to take the role of promoter not as a coach, you know, run an org like Golden Boy and make whole fight events, negotiate with other companies like Top Rank for example.

Maybe that can be added at a later date?
Unread 11-15-2020, 10:03 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champman0102 View Post
Yeah I would have preferred to take the role of promoter not as a coach, you know, run an org like Golden Boy and make whole fight events, negotiate with other companies like Top Rank for example.
Maybe that can be added at a later date?
It could be added possibly, yes. Maybe have a choice of roles for a specific game at startup offered or something along those lines.
Unread 11-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek DiBenedetto View Post
It could be added possibly, yes. Maybe have a choice of roles for a specific game at startup offered or something along those lines.
Pulling off something like that would be amazing. Good luck developing this!
Unread 11-16-2020, 08:06 AM
Living Legend

I would rather have the "coach" approach than the "promoter" approach, as we've done that by now with TEW/WMMA. I love it, obviously, but something fresh would be nice. I've found a MMA game on Steam that uses this angle, but found it lacking in depth (especially after playing WMMA for years...). Personally I'd choose between developing one of the two approaches, or you'll risk getting two half-based modes...

The reason I prefer this model is that, because of the limited amount of stats, the promoter role would be very random. You just match boxers and hope that the bouts turn out exciting? There's not much gameplay there outside of selection, which is also a factor in being a "coach". Even more so in fact. Plus you get to "know" the fighter you're training and there could be a (hidden?) chemistry value that you could explore through talking with them. 8 stats seems kinda low, but then again, I played Promotion Wars for hours back in the day (which had a grand total of 1 stat) so yeah...

Don't care about boxing, but I am open to any sports management games as long as it isn't too shallow.
Unread 11-16-2020, 10:33 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I would rather have the "coach" approach than the "promoter" approach, as we've done that by now with TEW/WMMA.
That was my immediate thought. Adam's games already do that aspect so well, nothing I could do would make it different enough. My feeling was the manager/coach aspect of Boxing with career/aging hasn't really been done, and I could do it justice, I think.
Unread 11-16-2020, 08:53 PM

Whatever you do Derek, the fact that a boxing game is under developpement is just a great thing ��
Unread 11-17-2020, 01:09 PM

Yes, totally, your entering a market virtually untouched, so you will have the monopoly on it.

All those people looking for a Boxing Management Sim, will come here for it.

Whatever you do Derek, will be amazing.
Unread 11-20-2020, 03:23 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek DiBenedetto View Post
That was my immediate thought. Adam's games already do that aspect so well, nothing I could do would make it different enough. My feeling was the manager/coach aspect of Boxing with career/aging hasn't really been done, and I could do it justice, I think.
Id just like to add my part. As someone who has looked for a great boxing management game for years. There is a massive market out there surely with the numbers in boxing.

Its a MUST to have the role of promoter. Maybe even one where you can train, promote or both. But the promoting aspect of boxing is by far the biggest part now.
Unread 11-21-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.1986 View Post
Id just like to add my part. As someone who has looked for a great boxing management game for years. There is a massive market out there surely with the numbers in boxing.

Its a MUST to have the role of promoter. Maybe even one where you can train, promote or both. But the promoting aspect of boxing is by far the biggest part now.
Agreed. A lot of the talk is about how people should be matched throughout their careers etc. I think a lot of this is also probably down to the social media element, especially in the UK with the promoters now doing interviews with youtube channels such as iFL / Boxing Social. They are using these channels to promote their fights, but they are also giving a far greater insight into the world of boxing and its promoters.
Unread 11-21-2020, 01:12 PM
Phenom

Can't wait to see a few screen shots!!!!