Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Bowl Bound General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Minor League

Default BBCF Video Tutorials

Hey guys, I did a series of YouTube videos for my community and the BBCF leagues that we have there. Thought I would go ahead and share them with the community at large here.

Here's the link to the playlist, it's an eight part series. Very "overview" but I've gotten some good feedback especially from newer players.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bbZn0QPYq5o30L
Unread 09-18-2016, 03:27 AM

These are amazing RC, I stumbled across them on youtube last night, looking to see what I could find for BBCF.

I'm a long time FOF player and whilst I did buy BBCF many years ago, I never quite 'got it'.

Being from England and not having a great knowledge of the processes in the college game, especially recruiting etc. I kind of drifted away from BBCF but having watched your tutorials and checking some of the threads back here, I'm contemplating taking the plunge once more.
Unread 09-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Thank you for posting these videos, RC. They are great for anyone just getting started, and they also contain a lot of helpful information for someone like me who has been playing the game for many years.
Unread 09-26-2016, 12:48 PM
GDS Developer

Great work, RC. I stickied the thread!
Unread 09-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Minor League

My pleasure guys. Hope they help. Any questions just ask.
Unread 10-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
My pleasure guys. Hope they help. Any questions just ask.
Hey this is awesome, one thing I was wondering is when it comes to setting the percentages in your playbook, you say you usually have 4 to 6 plays on the low end and 10 to 20 on the upper end, what do you try to keep your play percentages around when setting them? Ive been trying to find a good base percentage for setting a playbook for a while now.
Unread 11-23-2016, 12:03 AM

Thanks for doing this RC. Haven't played this game much due to the fact that I don't know all the rules for college football, especially recruiting, but now I will be playing the heck out of the game again. One of the best tutorial series I have watched for any game. Thanks again!
Unread 12-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Agan View Post
Hey this is awesome, one thing I was wondering is when it comes to setting the percentages in your playbook, you say you usually have 4 to 6 plays on the low end and 10 to 20 on the upper end, what do you try to keep your play percentages around when setting them? Ive been trying to find a good base percentage for setting a playbook for a while now.
It depends. When I'm running a high number of plays, naturally it's a lower percentage then I can raise those as I filter down the plays during a season.
Unread 12-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
Thanks for doing this RC. Haven't played this game much due to the fact that I don't know all the rules for college football, especially recruiting, but now I will be playing the heck out of the game again. One of the best tutorial series I have watched for any game. Thanks again!
No problem. I hope Arlie doesn't mind this plug..lol; but I am co-commish of what we consider the flagship league for the game...lol. The guys in the league actually go back to Gridiron Glory, the first league for BBCF back in 2005. If you decide to try your hand at an online MultiPlayer league there are still several out there. We have two (WWCF and GDCFL) over at Sim Nation.

Here's the link to that website: http://www.simnation.net/forums/forum.php
Unread 12-05-2016, 06:54 PM
GDS Developer

No problem with the plug. Thanks again for all you've done to help BBCF!