Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
1 - "Very compatible" doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same personality

2 - It's very hard to get romantic relationships to work as there are not many people who are eligible who will also be willing.
1. I used the editor to make several people have the exact same personality.

2. Not sure what you mean by "willing", but again, used the editor to adjust for gender preferences (where needed), as well as remove any other romantic relationships that may be hindrances.

No success at all.

Has anybody ever managed to get a relationship past the flirting stage? Maybe it really is bugged?
Unread 07-30-2016, 10:47 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEmm View Post
1. I used the editor to make several people have the exact same personality.
Yes, I understand that - what I'm saying is that having the exact, or near exact, personality does not necessarily mean that they're considered very compatible. i.e. "I've given them the exact same personality so that must increase their chance of being good together" is flawed thinking.
Unread 07-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Yes, I understand that - what I'm saying is that having the exact, or near exact, personality does not necessarily mean that they're considered very compatible. i.e. "I've given them the exact same personality so that must increase their chance of being good together" is flawed thinking.
So then, would you be willing to explain how it works? How is it flawed thinking, when that is exactly what the help file tells us how it is supposed to work:

Quote:
Relationships and Interactions

Almost all interactions and relationships are done by comparing the personalities of the two characters involved. The method behind this involves comparing each aspect of their personality (trusting, intellectual, etc) in turn and giving a positive or negative score based on the 'harmony' between the two. This 'harmony' is calculated by some in-built methods that look at how similar or contrasting they are. Generally people who are either very close in personality or virtually exact opposites will gel the best, whereas personalities that have neither similarities nor direct contrasts won't.
Or do you mean that even after "perfect" compatibility, there is still a random roll to see if we can go further and we ONLY can find out by never advancing beyond the flirting stage? If so, can we do anything to influence this (divulging secret ID, raising social stage, etc?)

What if we use the editor to move past that hurdle (eg. set it to dating, no matter the personalities), would we be able to proceed normally to the next stages?
Unread 08-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Ressurecting the thread to ask two small questions.

1. Do other characters gain points and "levels" as the gameplay progresses, or is it just the main character?

2. Is there a possibility to enter the world of an existing save as another character? (as it is for example in TEW 2016, where you can add a new player and delete old)
Unread 08-05-2018, 02:34 AM
GDS Developer

1 - Just the main character as far as I remember.

2 - No, it isn't.