Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
A bit late here, but you mean you've been using renders from EA UFC 2?
Yeah if your on ps4 its actually pretty easy to do with the share button in create a fighter & they dont look too bad as renders once u resize them on a laptop
Unread 03-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Hall of Fame

As a bump, and to let you know I am (very very) slowly converting my renders to iray because of the expanded surface settings, I'm going to post this here.

Unread 03-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
As a bump, and to let you know I am (very very) slowly converting my renders to iray because of the expanded surface settings, I'm going to post this here.

Those look awesome.
Unread 03-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Minor League

Those are insanely good. Well done.
Unread 06-16-2017, 03:04 AM
Hall of Fame

Which of these GIF's looks best according to you? One has been cartoonified using the standard values at GIMP, another has been sharpened. A third one is just the core file.

I hope Adam gives the people who end up making new renders some guidelines as everyone has its own style and I always cringe when you get a matchup where two fighters have different shaders and lightning. Maybe I'm just slightly autistic.
Unread 06-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Star

Quote:

Which of these GIF's looks best according to you? One has been cartoonified using the standard values at GIMP, another has been sharpened. A third one is just the core file.
It's a close call between the first two... As in the first two pictures, not the first two descriptions, since it seems like that might be ordered differently.

I like the middle one best, which is the unedited one if I'm not mistaken. The left would be my second choice. A very subtle increase of the contrast to the middle (adjusting the brightness up or down afterward if necessary) could possibly make it even better for my taste, but I'm not sure about that. That's the only thing that I like more about the other two, just that the dark areas are darker and the lights are lighter, and I think somewhere between the left and middle could be best in that regard. I don't think the sharpening effect is really necessary, to be honest. The softness looks great to me. You've found a good balance between realism and the more dramatic style of shading, IMO.

The effect on the right one I don't care for personally, since you're asking for feedback. I've noticed that on a few renders that you've posted previously, and it's just not my style. It hasn't ruined those renders for me by any means, but I do feel like it takes something away (for me, and only a bit) from the quality of your work. To be clear, for a long time you've been my favorite render artist for women (and surely tied for my favorite in general) in TEW and WMMA, and you still are, so whatever you do is fine by me. Do what you feel.

Quote:
I hope Adam gives the people who end up making new renders some guidelines as everyone has its own style and I always cringe when you get a matchup where two fighters have different shaders and lightning. Maybe I'm just slightly autistic.
Definitely just autism, but I get it. I can see why that kind of thing would be more noticeable, and more likely to be bothersome, to someone who makes renders.

Last edited by Iceisle : 06-16-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Unread 06-17-2017, 02:54 AM
Hall of Fame

You're right. The middle one is unedited. Maybe that is best. If others like more shading they can always add that themselves. Somewhere in july I'll post a full iray rework of the cve/o+ fighters. Well... I already did, but not in x610 format and not for everyone.
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Hall of Fame

Decided with the announcement of the new game to put some more renders out there. I will include the name they use under the database I play:

Arjun Killgore
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Hall of Fame

Moise Romo
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Hall of Fame

Drake Wilkes
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Jasiah Peel (Bantamweight)
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Love these!
Unread 08-15-2017, 05:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Just a couple of homeless renders I made a year ago but never posted apparently.