Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Default CGC 2019: The Show Must Go On

Sunday, Week 1, January 2019
Prince George, British Columbia
3,100 in attendance

IN-RING

Big, bad and angry, BLOCKBUSTER stands in the middle of the ring, CGC World Title around his waist, microphone in his hand.

BLOCKBUSTER
None of you thought I could do it. You all thought I was crazy to
challenge Jack DeColt last month at Survival of the Fittest. You all
thought that he'd beat me into the ground, just like he's done to
everyone else who's stepped in his path for the last twenty years.
You were wrong. Twenty years is a long time, and it hasn't been kind
to The Wild Man. The fire is his eyes has left him. The rage in his fists
has left him. His friends have left him. Christian Price. Ricky DeColt.
Donte Dunn. All gone. Now CGC belongs to Blockbuster, and it's
time I started acting like it.

On Blockbuster's signal, the gold & red banners of CGC are replaced by silver & black, and the ringside crew remove the aprons from the ring to reveal a gigantic custom-built speaker system.

BLOCKBUSTER
You want teeny-bopper wrestling? You want skinny-boy dance
routines? Go somewhere else. I'm the Champ! I am the face of
this company. I have the music of a champion and you lucky dweebs
are finally going to get the hear it the way it is meant to be heard.

Blockbuster's heavy metal music starts blarring from the in-ring speaker system. It's deafening. The first dozen rows of fans cover their ears. Children burst into tears. It keeps getting louder and louder and LOUDER AND-

Blockbuster's music is suddenly cut off, replaced by the music of ALEX DECOLT, playing at a more sensible, less painful volume from the regular speaker system.

ALEX DECOLT
Woah. Woah. Hold on a second, Buster. You may be the champion,
but this is still DeColt County. These people paid good money to be
here, and I think they'd like to leave with their hearing intact.

BLOCKBUSTER
What are you gonna do about it, old man? I know you won't fight me.

ALEX DECOLT
No, but I know someone who will. See, back in 1996 my father George
DeColt started a tradition. That the first episode of Title Bout Wrestling
each year would start off with a bang, with one exceptional rookie
getting a chance of a lifetime a chance to step up and take a shot at the
CGC World Title. You can change the colours, you can change the ring,
but you'll never change the heart and the traditions of CGC. You want to
keep your sound system? You want to keep being the CGC Champion?
You're going to have to defend it tonight against the 2018 Young Wrestler
of the Year; Ian Identity.

BLOCKBUSTER
Another pretty boy? Another teeny-bopper for the kids to clap for?
Let him come. I am the most metal champion in CGC history, and I'll
break him just like the others.

Blockbuster's heavy metal music blasting out of his custom-built soundstage gets louder and louder and LOUDER and LOUDER and...

Davis Ditterich "Ladies and Gentleman welcome to Canadian Golden Combat's Title Bout Wrestling, where match-maker extraordinaire Alex DeColt has just announced tonight's main event. Blockbuster shocked the country when he became the CGC World Champion, but can he now defend it against Ian Identity?"
Adrian Garcia "If you ask me Ian's in for a world of hurt. Look at all these speakers! Blockbuster's making himself at home as the champ... and I personally think that's great. I love the heavy metal music. It doesn't give me a headache at all."

DIRTY DICE ELDERBERRY VS RYAN POWELL
Davis Ditterich "We kick off 2019 with classic CGC action. Two colourful veterans go to war."

Nerdy germaphobe Ryan Powell tries to explain the importance of good hygeine to his belching, farting opponent, but all he gets are Belly Butts in return. Ryan's helpless against Elderberry's powerful stentch, until the threat of having his face shoved into an armpit makes him snap. Nerd Raaaaaaage! Speed of The Flash! Hammer of Thor! Bazinga! Bazumba! Bazongo! Crossbody off the Top! 1... 2... 3!

RYAN POWELL WINS (10:10)

Adrian Garcia "What a dork. The only way he'd get laid would be if his mother was a chicken.

BACKSTAGE

JENNY PLAYMATE can barely contain her glee as she looks at her name on the door of the challenger's locker room. "Jenny Playmate - Manager". Taking a deep breath, she straightens up her business suit, adjusts her bunny ears, and opens the door.

Chaos Reigns. The locker room is an absolute mess, with clothing scattered everywhere and fast-food cartons piled in disgusting heaps. MARIO DASILVA is painting a mural of himself breaking someone's arm on the wall. PENFOLD PERDITION is tucking into an entire birthday cake. At least IAN IDENTITY, mid-phone-call, looks happy to see her.

JENNY PLAYMATE
Are you kidding me??? I left you guys alone for 5 minutes. Penfold! Put
that down, you're on a diet! Mario! We've talked about this, save it
for the ring! Ian... I dread to ask.

IAN IDENTITY
Don't worry. It's good news. A reporter wants to do a piece on my title
match tonight. Just needs to verify my info. You know, standard reporter
stuff. Needs my social security number, mother's maiden name, first pet-

Jenny snatches the phone out of his hands and hangs up.

JENNY PLAYMATE
Come on, guys. Don't you want to be more than this? More than comedy
acts or sidekicks or that guy who pretended to be a DeColt cousin for
two years? You can be Champions. I have spent my whole career dreaming
of managing a CGC World Champion and that can be you. Ian. Tonight,
that can be you. We just need to buckle down, get serious, and- Penfold!
What did I just say???

Penfold Perdition is caught red-handed stuffing another piece of cake in his mouth.

JENNY PLAYMATE
Come on, man. Alex says if you don't lose 10 pounds he's not going
to book you again.

JAMIE ATHERTON VS MARIO DASILVA w/ Jenny Playmate
Davis Ditterich "Jenny Playmate has become one of the premier managers of young talent in Canadian Golden Combat."

The Brazilion Tapout Artist tries to take it to the mat, but White Lighting's gottagofastfastFASTFASTFAST!!! Mario can't keep up. More than just a pretty face, Jenny advises he stop aiming where Atherton is, and instead aim for where he's going to be. It works! Da Silva scores a double leg and turns Atherton's body into his latest masterpiece, twisting each limb into beatufifully horrifying contortions. Kimura! Atherton taps!

MARIO DASILVA WINS (7:49)

Adrian Garcia "I heard Jenny Playmate took an IQ test the other week. It came back negative."

For one night only, weapons are legal... but which one will you get?

6 Weeks Away

IN-RING

DAN DALAY
I've had some great days in my life. Won a lot of titles. Smashed a lot of
dorks. That all pales in comparison to the day my boy told me he wanted
to follow in his old man's footsteps and be a pro-wrestler. He's trained hard.
And now I get to introduce him as the newest member of the CGC roster.

DAN DALAY
This is Robin DaLay, and you dorks are going to treat him with the exact
same amount of respect as you treat me, or I'm going to come over there
and knock out each and every one of you. As his father it's my responsibility
to teach him the ways of the world, and that's just what I'm going to do.
Why don't you say hello to the nice people, Robin? Just like I taught ya.

ROBIN DALAY
You guys are dorks.

DAN DALAY
That's my boy! Now someone tell Alex to find us some asses
to kick. Next week CGC becomes DaLay Country.

CGC TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Phillipe LaGrenier & Hugh Ancrie
EXPRESS DELIVERY

THE GEAR-HEADS (C)

Greaser & Torque

Davis Ditterich "The Gear-Heads, Greaser & Torque have taken on all comers since winning the Tag Team Titles last June."

The Gear-Heads park up their custom-built motorcycles and start dismantling their opponents with hammering, wrenching, and drilling, with Torque mimicking his partner's every move. Acrie & LaGrenier deliver parcels of pain to try to isolate the smaller biker, but Torque burns rubber to make the tag! Greaser empties out his toolbox to take the Express apart! Grease Spot (High Knee)! Torque hits Pedal To The Metal (Curb Stomp)! 1... 2... 3!

THE GEAR-HEADS RETAIN (11:56)

Adrian Garcia "When the doctor told Greaser reduce his portion sizes, he didn't mean his tag team partner."

CGC WORLD TITLE

THE RECENT HISTORY

February 2017 - The Genetically Engineered Fighting Machine Gargantuan ends Jack DeColt's 18 month reign as World Champion with a Ultimate Backbreakaaaaaaaah! He promises a reign that will last a thousand years.

October 2017 - Taking on Ryan Powell in a title defense at CGC Apocalypse, Gargantuan charges headfirst into a ringpost, breaking his neck. He still manages to defeat the nerdy challenger, but has to abdicate the title the following Sunday.

November 2017 - The tournament to crown a new Champion concludes at Survival of the Fittest. Jack DeColt ends Bobby Thomas' unexpected hot streak to become a 7 time CGC World Champion.

2018 - Undisputed king of CGC, Jack DeColt defends the title against a slew of outside forces. Texas Pete. Charlie Thatcher. Wade Orson. He wins the Ultimate Showdown Series. He wins the Last Man Standing Rumble.

November 2018 - Survival of the Fittest. One year into his latest reign, Jack DeColt take a moment to showboat for the fans... and pays for it. His opponent Blockbuster plucks him from the turnbuckles and destroys him with a devastating BusterBomb (Turnbuckle Powerbomb)! 1... 2... 3. A new champion is crowned to stunned silence.

CGC WORLD TITLE MATCH

w/ Jenny Playmate IAN IDENTITY VS BLOCKBUSTER (C)

Davis Ditterich
"Blockbuster... um... BLOCKBUSTER SHOCKED THE WORLD WHEN HE BEAT JACK DECOLT FOR THE CGC WORLD TITLE IN NOVEMBER AND NOW... NOW... CAN ANYONE HEAR ME OVER THIS MUSIC?"

Identity's ears are ringing after the champion's extra-loud entrance music and Blockbuster uses that to his advantage, thrashing and shredding and beating him like a drum. Ian fearlessly battles back, but it's like punching a brick wall and he gets overwhelmed by head-banging from the heavy metal-mauler.

More than just a pretty face, Jenny rallies the crowd behind her client. Intense Clotheslines! Incredible Dropkick! Inverted Neckbreaker! Identity goes for the Intrepid Arrow (Arrow Suplex) but the Champion is too big and too strong. Blockbuster rings his bell with a clip to the ear and annihaltes Ian with a BusterBomb (Powerbomb to the Turnbuckles)! 1... 2... 3!

BLOCKBUSTER RETAINS (13:37)

Adrian Garcia "I knew Jenny couldn't do it. Let's just say 'talents' like hers don't improve with age."

Blockbuster stands over the fallen challenger, holding his CGC World Title belt aloft as his heavy metal music blasts out of his custom-built in-ring speaker system and gets louder and louder and LOUDER and LOUDER and...

Blockbuster's deafening music is suddenly cut off, replaced by the music of JACK DECOLT, playing at a more sensible, less painful volume from the regular speaker system. The Wild Man storms down to the ring, microphone in hand.

JACK DECOLT
2018 was shaping up to be the best year of my career. Sure, I've been
World Champion before. Sure, I've won the Last Man Standing Rumble
before. I won singles matches and tag matches and cage matches and
weapons matches and started streaks and ended streaks and won races
and punched faces- I've done it all before... but never like that. Never
all at once. I was on the roll of a lifetime... and then you took that from me.

Blockbuster smirks.

JACK DECOLT
You're right about one thing, Blockbuster, I did underestimate you.
I thought I was stepping into the ring with the same blunt instrument
you've always been, but you've sharpened yourself into something
deadly, haven't you? You've learned. You've adapted. And I paid the
price. But you've forgotten one very important thing. I also won the
Ultimate Showdown Series last year

Blockbuster freezes.

JACK DECOLT
And everyone knows that the winner of the Ultimate Showdown Series
gets three Wishes. Three unbreakable, undeniable Wishes that have to be
granted by CGC management. I used my first two to make CGC a better
place. I didn't want to waste them on fun things like wrath and
vengeance. But I think I've earned a little something for myself. I have
someone I want to fight and somewhere I want to fight him.

Protectively clutching his CGC World Title to his chest, Blockbuster glares.

JACK DECOLT
Final Wish - In twelve weeks at the DeColt WrestleFestival. Jack
DeColt gets a one-on-one match with... Adrian Garcia!

BLOCKBUSTER
What?

Davis Ditterich "WHAT???"
Adrian Garcia "Um... what?"

Unread 08-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Blockbuster makes some changes . . . C+
DICE ELDERBERRY VS RYAN POWELL . . . C-
Jenny rallies her troops . . . D+
MARIO DA SILVA VS JAIME ATHERTON . . . D+
Dan DaLay introduces his son . . . B
EXPRESS DELIVERY VS THE GEAR-HEADS . . . C-
IAN IDENTITY VS BLOCKBUSTER . . . D+
Jack DeColt's Final Wish . . . B+

Final Rating . . . C
0.82 rating

At this point I've played the 2016 data to death, at least for all of the promotions I'm interested in. So for my private games I've started entering the world unemployed, letting the AI do what it wants for 2/3/5 years, and then jumping in to pick up the pieces. This is a game using my favourite data set/scenario that has come from that. It's a CGC on the brink. Their main event is aging out. Their next generation have been poached or injured beyond repair. Their champion is an unproven gamble. They're losing a lot of money. I have some fixing to do.

First task was to renegotiate the broadcasting deals, both for the numbers and for my own personal preferences.

- Title Bout Wrestling has changed from 2 hours to 90 minutes, and from Late Night to Late Evening.
- PPVs have moved from a small to a medium provider. I'm also planning to cut down to 7-8 PPVs per year. Longer builds. More important matches on television. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would buy 12 PPVs a year of any company, let alone the 11th best in the world. All that's been decided so far is that there will be no 'Elimination', giving me a 6-week build to Luck of the Draw.

This was a table-setting show. Four 'okay' matches saved by two strong promo segments. I knew Jack was going to nail his promo, but Dan DaLay really overdelivered. Turns out that over the past three years the Giant Amongst Giants has found his groove on the microphone. I had hoped that the main event would have been a little stronger, but that's the reality we're dealing with. Blockbuster barely auto-pushes to an upper midcarder, and Ian was the best of a bad situation. Young babyfaces have not been booked strongly in recent years.

The goal of this diary is to get CGC back on track, and to tell some fun stories while I'm at it. I can't promise this is going to be a long lasting project. I'm a much busier person than I used to do, with far less of an interest in wrestling. I'm certain I'll finish up when TEW2020 comes out, but my minimum goal is Chaos in the Cage in May.

Next Week on CGC Title Bout Wrestling...

Shane Nelson, Bobby Thomas & Ryan Powell vs Blockbuster, Skip Beau & Diablo DeVille
Dan DaLay & Robin DaLay vs Chris Flynn & Hugh DeArrrrrske
Dice Elderberry vs Mario DaSilva
Dermott Ayres vs Jack DeColt
Unread 08-18-2019, 07:44 AM
Living Legend

Awesome to see ya back Self!

Shane Nelson, Bobby Thomas & Ryan Powell vs Blockbuster, Skip Beau & Diablo DeVille
Unread 08-18-2019, 08:25 AM
Super Star

This is awesome, Blockbuster CGC's logo's are awesome and most of all, you are awesome, Self
Unread 08-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Super Star

I'm so happy to see a new Self CG diary! The roster does look pretty awful but will be interesting to see what you can do with them.

Last edited by christmas_ape : 08-18-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Changed from Mario so I'm not guessing the exact same as everyone else
Unread 08-18-2019, 10:57 AM
All Star

Unread 08-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Rookie

Unread 08-18-2019, 02:09 PM
Minor League

Unread 08-18-2019, 03:58 PM
All Star

Hype hype hype

Unread 08-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Nelson and Thomas would be an interesting duo in my opinion!!
Robin has some potential.

Others have said it, but it's so good to have you back. On With The Show is probably my favourite diary of all time. I'd like to see a roster update if you can? Maybe find out where Ricky, Price, Donte, Poison, Zeus and Thrill Seeker ended up.
Unread 08-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Phenom

Cool

Self, if it is not too much trouble, could you give us a Roster List.

Last edited by Temes1066 : 08-21-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Unread 08-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Major League

Excited to see you back at it Self.

Unread 08-21-2019, 01:55 AM
Hall of Fame

It's less been a case of time, and more what I want to reveal. I prefer to have the shows do the work where I can, but in this scenario the roster I've been saddled with in the game is something of interest. I just don't like how roster lists colour people's idea of what characters are/how they're going to be used.

Draw: Jack DeColt, (Alex DeColt)
Recognisable: Dan DaLay, Ryan Powell, (Jenny Playmate)
Well Known: (Faith)
Regional Stars: Blockbuster, Bobby Thomas, Dice Elderberry, Sayid Ali, Shane Nelson, Skip Beau, Texas Pete, Zeus Maxmillion, (Adrian Garcia), (Davis Ditterich), (Hailey Hunter)
Regional Level: Chris Flynn, Dermott Ayres, Diablo DeVille, Drake Young, Greaser, Hugh Ancrie, Hugh De Arrrrske, Ian Identity, Jaime Atherton, Malik Cash, Mario DaSilva, Nathan Black, Phillipe LaGrenier, Torque,
Unknown: Penfold Perdition, Robin DaLay

As for the big leavers over the past three years...

Ricky DeColt. Poached by USPW in May'16, where he is still an opener.
Christian Price. Poached by NOTBPW in March'17, where he quickly became TV champion. Unfortunately tore his meniscus a year later. Returning to action in 3 months.
Donte Dunn. Poached by NOTBPW in March'17, but hasn't done much beyond a blink-and-you'll-miss-it tag title reign with Flash Savage.
Ozzie Golden. Signed with NOTPW in April'18 and immediately got hurt with knee ligament damage.
Gargantuan. As mentioned in the show, broke his neck in October '17. Has since gotten flabby and was released before he finished his recovery.
Joey Poison. Released in March'17. Has since become head booker of GSW.
Stevie Grayson. Released in October'17. Current ACPW champion
Whippy The Clown. Released in November'17
Destiny & Fate. Both retired in 2017, whereupon the New Soldiers of Fortune were inducted into the CGC Hall of Fame. Fate opened 'Fate School' wrestling dojo in September. I'll be keeping an eye out for graduates.

Last edited by Self : 08-22-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Unread 08-21-2019, 11:56 AM
All Star

At least you have Sayeed Ali, if nothing else.
Unread 08-22-2019, 03:12 AM
Low Minors

I'm following this bad bad. I'm not hugely familiar with C verse stuff so always great to get someones idea of the characters fleshed out.