Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Default More dead company assets

I feel like there should be more things to gain from buying/pillaging a promotion, namely their Dojo, arenas, as well as broadcasting contracts.

So many broadcasters have the “must cover home” requirement that even buying out a foreign competitor and taking their popularity won’t let you have coverage in that area since you can’t also absorb their current broadcasting deals.

Also just wanna throw in that I think there should be some sort of formal way to poach a worker if you’re turning the company into developmental as well.
Unread 10-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Major League

I would like to support this and add a few things.

It would also involve someone who could buy the name of a already dead/dying promotion. However, it should also involve how much it would be the price of a dead promotion which it would be resurrected, along with the chance of changing it's product before re-stablishing.
Unread 10-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Oh yeah that actually slipped my mind but was where the initial thought came from. Would be nice if eligible owners could buy a struggling promotion (or one hit by owner death, CEO firing, etc). They already have personal wealth which could just be given values with slight modifiers (maybe just economy in the area). It has been a huge part of the Cverse canon and happens in real life as well.
Unread 10-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Major League

Definitely the ability to buy dead companies and bring them back. I would go further on this subject and suggest the ability to buy company based gimmick/name, tag team and masks. I would throw Venues in there as well event and tv shows.

The ability to buy company specific names/gimmick/mask from active companies would be a nice addition as well!
Unread 10-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Minor League

If I could add, I'd like the ability to buy dead promotions when opening a developmental promotion. I would love to have the ability to, for instance, resurrect the TWL or SCCW -- with their shows and title and history -- but have them as my child company, kind of like the way WWE tried to do with FCW when they first started it.