Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Super Star

Default Been a forum member for nearly 13 years.

And realized that I don't even really know you guys. That seems weird. Anyone else like that?
Unread 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsukaikira View Post
And realized that I don't even really know you guys. That seems weird. Anyone else like that?
I've been reading the forums since they started, but only joined 7 years ago. Miss some of the old guys I used to see and talk around here. Seems like it was a life time ago.
Unread 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM
All Star

I lurked for 7 years and its crazy to see all these names come and go and come back again. I know to never get into a political discussion with you but other than that you are a cool dude lol.

Last edited by K-Nection : 11-29-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Unread 11-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Super Star

Dang, just checked. My 13th anniversary came and went just a few short days ago, and I didn't realize! Definitely been around these forums longer than I've been on any other forums that I can think of.

Last edited by dvdWarrior : 11-29-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 11-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Hall of Fame

It's been 11 years here. At first I sometimes had years of inactivity playing TEW (or WMMA) but I still average 1 post a day.

Good 'ol Warlords have since then retired as a tag team.
Unread 12-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Low Minors

Almost got 10 in here. I mainly pop in and see what the opinions on recent wwe shows are these days. I joined shortly after the 2008 TEW release, and mainly just lurk.

Edit: These forums have also been my longest active (even tho I don't post) forums that I have been a member of. For me, I think its due to the civilized conversions and genuinely nice people.
Unread 12-01-2017, 04:21 AM
Living Legend

This has been the longest site I have been a member of as well. Well I have been a member of the OOTP site slightly longer but I have not posted anything there in like six years.

A lot of people who I used to talk to on a regular/semi-regular basis have seemingly stopped posting on here. In fact, the only poster I seem to talk to on here is michgcs and even then our conversations are few and far between. It kind of sucks how much activity has dropped on this site. The Dog Pound used to be a thriving section now there is very little activity in it.
Unread 12-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Minor League

Well, shit, I'll start then...

27. Husband. Father to my almost 2 year old son.

First properly got into wrestling back in about 99' when I caught snippets of Raw & Smackdown on Sky Sports.
First PPV I ever watched was Royal Rumble 00' when they showed it for free on Channel 4 over here in the UK. That Cactus Jack vs Triple H street fight is still one of my favourite matches of all-time.

Am also a very casual MMA fan with only really watching UFC on rare occassions. First purchase from GDS was TEW 10'... I bought it a month before TEW 13' came out and didn't realise the new game was on it's way.

What's your story?
Unread 12-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Minor League

I'm 'only' coming up on 8 years.

37 yr old from a small town in Kansas. Been a fan of wrestling since I was 5, during the original Hogan Era.

Ran and wrestled in my own indie for 3 years known as POBYW. Got hurt (pectoral muscle) during the first year, but toughed it out for 2 more. It's been 6 years since we closed shop but I still feel it in my pec when I lift anything.

Love when wrestling is treated like a sport, rather than 'entertainment' but still love the WWE and always will.

Favorite wrestler of all time is Disco Inferno. Marked out when he finally got a world title shot in 2004 in early TNA. Also up there for me is Christian, Raven, CM Punk, and Ultramantis Black.

Last edited by Rone Rivendale : 12-01-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: I can't count
Unread 12-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Star

42. Newly single, again.

Got into wrestling as a kid when my dad took me to a WWF house show at the Seattle Arena. The Bushwhackers were fighting the Fabulous Rougeau brothers. On their way to the ring, Bushwhacker Luke grabbed me, put me in a headlock and licked my head from front to back. Then he let me go, did their swinging arm walk to the ring and I became a fan for life.

Big MMA fan, myself. Used to fight as well. A record of 6-1 is decent, no pro fights though.
Unread 12-01-2017, 04:05 PM
All Star

So we're introducing ourselves? I'm game.

29, Married (this past March), a dog, a cat, and a baby on the way (wife is due in July).

I don't remember how I got into wrestling, or exactly when. I know it was while Stone Cold was out after being "run over" because all my friends were talking about him and I was like, "Who?"

For a living I make sandwiches and/or set salad bar for a regional grocery chain here in Wisconsin and my wife teaches elementary ESL (English as a Second Language students).

My dream job would be doing play-by-play for a wrestling company, or writing about fantasy football. For the latter, this is my 21st year of playing.
Unread 12-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayelek View Post
So we're introducing ourselves? I'm game.
Heh, that was my reaction as well.
Unread 12-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Living Legend

i don't know about all of you but i'm feeling 22
Unread 12-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Super Star

37, about to turn 38 in February... Have the EXACT SAME BIRTHDAY (!!!!!!) as Shinsuke Nakamura... if he weren't already one of my two favorite current WWE wrestlers, this would put him over the top, (AJ Styles is the other - CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are not currently counted on this particular list, being inactive and all).

Sorry, slid off on a rant there. Chasing rabbits.

Been a fan of pro-wrestling since... forever, really. I was born into a family of wrestling fans, and I was lucky enough to grow up in the hotbed of Jim Crockett Promotions, the Mid Atlantic region. I enjoy pretty much any wrestling show you can name, (there are some promotions that are too hardcore for my tastes, I only go so far with the violence), but I seem to favor promotions that take the craft more seriously than sports entertainment.

Love the old NWA, loved WCW, (still get a bee in my bonnet when WWE talks smack about them), like a lot of ECW, been an ROH fan for years, and New Japan is becoming more and more of a favorite.

I usually cite Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels as my two favorite wrestlers of all the times, and I loved the Cruiserweight Division in WCW. High flying lightweights is typically what I build around in TEW as well.

Beyond all that, I'm a devout Trekkie, (been to conventions and everything), since I was 10. BTW, I'm currently An Admiral of the Fleet in my fleet in Star Trek Online, so if anyone still plays that and needs a fleet to join, I can help with that.

Been a baseball fan as long as I can remember, too. Fan of the Cubs since I was about 9 or so. Loved the 2016 World Series.

Beyond that, I enjoy The Walking Dead, both TV and comics, LOVE The Orville and Stranger Things, and have a real bad habit of sharing too much information in online forum posts.

So, yeah....
Unread 12-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Super Star

Been here since 2011, time sure has a habit of getting away from you.