Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-10-2016, 07:33 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest01 View Post
In Italy on the channel Nuvolari, the only TV deal they have in place, hence why they have Massimo making appearances on Fight Club.
They've mentioned on social media they've got more TV deals though hence my confusion.
Unread 05-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Low Minors

Looking forward to this very much, thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work.
Unread 05-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
They've mentioned on social media they've got more TV deals though hence my confusion.
There were rumours around a few weeks ago that Fight Network in Canada were looking into picking up several wrestling companies including ICW and PROGRESS, nothing official out yet though
Unread 05-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Minor League

Are you going to add ICW On Demand as a subscription service broadcaster?
Unread 05-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Low Minors

It'd probably be better to add Pivotshare as it's the subscription service that hosts ICW, PROGRESS, CZW and SMASH, they are the only 4 wrestling channels listed in their sports section here.
Unread 05-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP317 View Post
It'd probably be better to add Pivotshare as it's the subscription service that hosts ICW, PROGRESS, CZW and SMASH, they are the only 4 wrestling channels listed in their sports section here.
They have a service for RevPro, IPW:UK & Discovery Wrestling in the UK as well.
Unread 05-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Thing with Pivotshare is it would then mean all those promotions being shown worldwide on subscription. Is that right? Can anyone sign up to watch CZW or do they have blocks in place so it is only the US? I'm happy to add all those promotions to it but it will mean companies will be getting more exposure in places they may not in real life.
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Major League

That is the difficulty with On Demand networks isn't. You can have two like CZW or Progress on pivotshare though the chance of viewer pick up in the US or UK varies. I suppose a blanket very small level across all areas could even it out for viewing figures, as opposed to creating continent specific versions. Just another RW issue that a FW dataset will not really matter around.
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
Thing with Pivotshare is it would then mean all those promotions being shown worldwide on subscription. Is that right? Can anyone sign up to watch CZW or do they have blocks in place so it is only the US? I'm happy to add all those promotions to it but it will mean companies will be getting more exposure in places they may not in real life.
Not sure about other countries, but I'm in the US and I can subscribe to Progress and RevPro, and I'm sure the same goes for any of the other international promotions. Their website says they have global distribution across many platforms and they have a section dedicated to wrestling, but they don't say if there are any geographical restrictions.

https://www.pivotshare.com/wrestling/

Edit: Only thing I'm unsure of is if you can watch the shows live. If not, I don't know how to properly emulate that in the game. Although it might just be a minor thing that can be overlooked since the event will end up on the promotion's channel eventually.

Last edited by ecw413 : 05-11-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:51 AM
Major League

Yup, plus you pay for the ICW in Yankee doodle bucks too.
Unread 05-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Low Minors

Out of curiosity, I decided to contact Pivotshare about their range and got this email back.

"Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking. Other than closed countries such as Iran and North Korea, we don't really know of any countries where our services are not available. Thanks and best of luck!"
Unread 05-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecw413 View Post
Out of curiosity, I decided to contact Pivotshare about their range and got this email back.

"Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking. Other than closed countries such as Iran and North Korea, we don't really know of any countries where our services are not available. Thanks and best of luck!"
Excellent. Thank you for getting the information. Maybe I'll do their coverage very small in US and UK (seeing as it appears to be UK and US promotions using it), and tiny everywhere else just to start with. That way they don't get ridiculously over in other areas. We shall see how it goes!

Alternatively, Tiny everywhere as it is subscription. I shall see what numbers it throws up in terms of viewers.

EDIT: Just realised SMASH and AIW are also on Pivotshare so for now everywhere is set as tiny in terms of viewership.

Last edited by Fleisch : 05-11-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
Excellent. Thank you for getting the information. Maybe I'll do their coverage very small in US and UK (seeing as it appears to be UK and US promotions using it), and tiny everywhere else just to start with. That way they don't get ridiculously over in other areas. We shall see how it goes!

Alternatively, Tiny everywhere as it is subscription. I shall see what numbers it throws up in terms of viewers.

EDIT: Just realised SMASH and AIW are also on Pivotshare so for now everywhere is set as tiny in terms of viewership.
I'd definitely go tiny, or maybe even try and make it less realistic, but more balanced. I remember one version of your mod had like ROH and other indies on IPPV which was set as a real broadcaster, which then cause a ton of indies to grow cult. It was later fixed and IPPV just scrapped, andit turned out to be a good diea.

I just think in RW mods you have to balance things out a bit, so it doesn't get overpowered, even at expense of realism. So I wouldn't even mind if those companies didn't have any deals, because deals with small buy-rates like this were usually hard to replicate in TEW terms, maybe it's different now.
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Maybe make Pivotshare a Mediagroup and make seperate subscription Broadcasters for each Area?
Would not be the most realistic way of doing it but may be a good way to balance it?
Unread 05-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Having done a quick couple of months sim to see viewership, at tiny worldwide it varies between 2,000 and 20,000 viewers depending on promotion.

I tried it the way Diablo80 said too, and there is little change in the viewership numbers for most (only ICW lose viewers).

I may just keep it as the one company for the beta release and then we can decide after a few others have played whether to keep it as is, or change it to Diablo80's idea.