Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Rookie

Default Any fast booking tips?

I've been playing the game on and off since release and I always seem to get a couple of years into a save then stop for a while. I keep getting drawn back but the same thing happens all over again. The grind of the booking gets to me after a while. I'd love to play a save of ten or more years, but it just takes too much time.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to speed up the booking, especially booking angles. It would be nice if angle booking was more like match booking where I could filter by push and alignment (maybe that's something for the suggestions forum?) rather than have the whole roster on drop-down. The freestyle angle option is ok, but with everyone default rated on nothing, it's still a case of selecting from a drop-down, plus it's only recorded as "angle involving x, y and z" with no indication of what actually happened.

It takes me three or four hours to book a month of wrestling, with one weekly 2-hour TV show and a PPV. I manage to get through about a year in-game every 4-6 weeks and that's just too slow. I'm not new to the game either, I've been playing 2013 and 2016 for several years and have clocked dozens of hours, so it's not just a beginner thing. I'd love and appreciate some tips on how to book faster.
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
It would be nice if angle booking was more like match booking where I could filter by push and alignment (maybe that's something for the suggestions forum?) rather than have the whole roster on drop-down.
You can! It took me a long time to notice it too.

Unread 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM
Living Legend

A few little things that can save little bits of time....

-setting your default angles to only be a handful of angles you use most regularly. Saves having to scroll through a long list every time to find the right one.

-find angles that work well and focus on those. Nothing wrong with using a different angle for every different segment, but its generally not necessary. For example, I create standard "interview" angles rated on Entertainment, with a couple variations (solo, with interview, with manager, and the same set for tag teams) that can work for either interview set or in-ring interviews. I don't need 15 or 20 different interview / promo angles - those ones suffice most of the time.

-renaming workers. I often emulate the ThunderVerse and put "Ref' in front of every referee, which groups them and makes them less likely to be picked accidentally - so many of us have picked John Cone instead of John Cena at some point. You can also rename workers to include a nickname in quotations - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin would be at the top, while Steve Austin would be buried in the list.
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Low Minors

Something that's helped me is to have a set format for my weekly TV shows. For me, it's 6 matches- Opening multi-man undercard match(6/8 man tag, sometimes a 3-or-4-or-5 way), 1 women's match, and usually a tag main event. Then, like others said, use default angles to quickly pick simple angles to fill most of the time.
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:27 PM
All Star

The freestyle angles definitely help the booking become faster, it's just a matter of you having enough practice of how to use them. It saves a lot of time from having to pre write or select angles and they are fast to create. The fact that they don't have text doesn't bother me at all, after all, it's a game of imagination and I simply summarize the angle on its title and so I can keep track of what has happened in my shows. That is another way of speeding up things.
Unread 02-13-2018, 03:57 PM
Phenom

Freestyle Angles were the GOAT addition with TEW2016, use them. They're really nice.
Unread 02-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Rookie

I only use freestyle angles and I get much better shows than I did trying to pick the right angle, while taking less time. Just pick your workers, rate them on something and type a quick description of the angle and you're done.
Unread 02-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FankuKaibutsu View Post
Something that's helped me is to have a set format for my weekly TV shows. For me, it's 6 matches- Opening multi-man undercard match(6/8 man tag, sometimes a 3-or-4-or-5 way), 1 women's match, and usually a tag main event. Then, like others said, use default angles to quickly pick simple angles to fill most of the time.

This helped me immensely. Never thought to just make a format like that.

Thank you.
Unread 02-14-2018, 11:07 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernwebb04 View Post
This helped me immensely. Never thought to just make a format like that.

Thank you.
I've always done that as well...
If I have a 2 hour show, it always looks like this:

Angle (12 min)
Match (10 min)
Angle (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Match (10 min)
Angle (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (14 min)
Unread 02-14-2018, 12:06 PM
All Star

Also, this goes without saying, but always start with the main event and book backwards. Helps a lot.
Unread 02-14-2018, 12:29 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels 82 View Post
Also, this goes without saying, but always start with the main event and book backwards. Helps a lot.
I've tried it that way, but I just cannot do it that way. So it doesn't help me. It actually takes up more time in my saves, doing it like that.
Unread 02-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
-renaming workers. I often emulate the ThunderVerse and put "Ref' in front of every referee, which groups them and makes them less likely to be picked accidentally - so many of us have picked John Cone instead of John Cena at some point. You can also rename workers to include a nickname in quotations - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin would be at the top, while Steve Austin would be buried in the list.
Good tip, I literally just had a ref in a bikini contest not 5 minutes ago. I just had a brain fart and thought Francis Long was one of the females on my roster (he won if you were wondering.)

But I'd love the faster booking to be a focus of game development.

1 - I'd like to quick add a post match attack, pre-match interview, special entrance etc when I'm booking a match.

2 - I wish I could be the "Head/Chief Booker", set the feuds, set the turns, the guys to push, and leave the more sophisticated assistant booker to book TV so I can get to events quicker, which I love booking.

Like the OP I love long saves, I got to 2035 or something in WMMA3 (don't forget you start in about 2000 give or take in that game, but you can do than when you have 12 to 24 events a year and no angles to think about.

(Sorry, this may be in the wrong section of the forum in some respects.)
Unread 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungner View Post
I've always done that as well...
If I have a 2 hour show, it always looks like this:

Angle (12 min)
Match (10 min)
Angle (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (8 min)
Match (10 min)
Angle (8 min)
Angle (8 min)
Match (14 min)

Vince, is that you?
Unread 02-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHead View Post
You can! It took me a long time to notice it too.

Problem with this is that if the angle consists of two or more workers, it filters out whoever’s already selected to participate, so if I want a heel attacking a face, I would not be able to use the filter
Unread 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
Problem with this is that if the angle consists of two or more workers, it filters out whoever’s already selected to participate, so if I want a heel attacking a face, I would not be able to use the filter
You just have to set one worker, then uncheck the filter box beside his/her name to change your filter without changing the worker.