Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-06-2018, 09:26 AM

Back in 13 I would just give all newbies a Lower Midcarder push because I thought ET/Opener meant "don't use at all, ever" from the crowd reactions, lol
Unread 09-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tterrag View Post
The crowd seems to hate ETs/Openers being in the show full stop, given you get the "you used X far too much" note almost any time they're in a match.
I think ET's and Openers are limited to 10 and 15 minutes respectively of total "on-screen" (Match & On-screen angle) time per show regardless of promotion to not get that note.
Unread 09-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Living Legend

In my diary game I added a protege to my user character to see what happened.

So far, nothing.

Is that because user characters aren't meant to take proteges so there's no mechanic for helping them improve, or is it just because my character isn't an especially nice person, so doesn't get involved with his protege backstage?
Unread 09-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
In my diary game I added a protege to my user character to see what happened.

So far, nothing.

Is that because user characters aren't meant to take proteges so there's no mechanic for helping them improve, or is it just because my character isn't an especially nice person, so doesn't get involved with his protege backstage?
Probably the later. In my TCW game I am Cornell and my protege is Wolf Hawkins. Almost every show I pass along tips
Unread 09-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tterrag View Post
The crowd seems to hate ETs/Openers being in the show full stop, given you get the "you used X far too much" note almost any time they're in a match.
Nah... You just have to make sure they're not on screen for more than 10 minutes total for the show, and that their match includes someone with a lower midcard push or higher.
Unread 09-08-2018, 05:59 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabataged View Post
Probably the later. In my TCW game I am Cornell and my protege is Wolf Hawkins. Almost every show I pass along tips

Literally the next show, I get a popup saying I was passing along tips
Unread 09-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Low Minors

That's either complete luck or some kind of witchcraft.
Unread 09-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Super Star

What personality setting make somebody accept crazy bumps?
Unread 09-10-2018, 06:37 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwefc83 View Post
What personality setting make somebody accept crazy bumps?
High liberal (and maybe boldness?)

Liberalism goes down as a worker gets older, to simulate him looking more after his own health and well-being. Maybe other things also affect it, like being more popular, and making more money. (Since I assume they wouldn't want to risk their careers if they're already established).

Workers accepting crazy bumps also depends on your companies size, whether they're competing on a TV Show or a (major) event. A worker might accept doing a crazy bump on Wrestlemania, but tell you to buzz off if you ask them to do one on Superstars.

Either way, High liberalism = bigger tendency to do crazy stuff. It's not a political barometer.
Unread 09-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Living Legend

Do workers’ entertainment skills improve quicker if they’re in angles with superior workers?

I run training segments in the post show time where I use a worker with great entertainment skills to lead workers without them through a long promo. It works great – workers jumping 5 or 6 points a month from the practise.

However, is the talented worker necessary in such a case? I’ve had Brian Pillman and Dustin Rhodes hit A* across the board for promo skills, which is higher than Ric Flair and Paul E. Dangerously, who’ve been my trainers. Would I be better off (or as well off) just having the workers practise on their own? That would also free up a slot in each segment for an additional trainee...
Unread 09-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
Do workers’ entertainment skills improve quicker if they’re in angles with superior workers?

I run training segments in the post show time where I use a worker with great entertainment skills to lead workers without them through a long promo. It works great – workers jumping 5 or 6 points a month from the practise.

However, is the talented worker necessary in such a case? I’ve had Brian Pillman and Dustin Rhodes hit A* across the board for promo skills, which is higher than Ric Flair and Paul E. Dangerously, who’ve been my trainers. Would I be better off (or as well off) just having the workers practise on their own? That would also free up a slot in each segment for an additional trainee...
Yes, workers will improve a lot by being together in angles with a better worker. They learn performance/in-ring skills by being in matches with them (either facing them, or tagging with them, both work). They learn entertainment skills by being in angles together that employs those skills.

So a mic-skills based promo, they'll pick up on the mic skills of the other guy.

In fact, it's arguably overpowered in that you can easily and quickly use a good talker to turn bad talkers into great talkers. If the trained worker is young, then their own improvements will add up to the learned improvements and they'll hit their cap really quickly.

Depending on how you like to play your games, use it sparingly, because it can make a whole roster of super-workers really quick if you powergame it.
Unread 09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by de knegt View Post
High liberal (and maybe boldness?)

Either way, High liberalism = bigger tendency to do crazy stuff. It's not a political barometer.
Seconding everything except this part. In my experience, liberalism is more about whether a wrestler will agree to work a match/angle with a high content risk. Of course, crazy hardcore workers are usually both liberal and bold, which tends to blur the line.

Also, workers who have a low physical condition due to wear and tear may refuse because of that, as they won't risk further injury.

ETA: Pretty sure naive workers are about accepting worse contract terms, but I can't shake the feeling it also factors to a certain extent into whether they'll agree to bumps
Unread 09-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Super Star

If I create a monthly event with a touring company, will the events still occur when I'm not on tour?
Unread 09-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
If I create a monthly event with a touring company, will the events still occur when I'm not on tour?
Nope, only when on tour (same with TV shows).
Unread 09-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Low Minors

Does anyone know what causes wrestlers to request being called up from development, as I have a developmental roster of about 25, and I haven't had anyone ask to be called up in about a year, in my experience playing the game I get requests a lot more frequently then this