Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
Speaking of Jim Cornette, what has he been up to?
Would you believe commentary in ECW? He joined earlier this month.

Previously he's had short stints in LPWA (7/91-9/91), TWA (7/91-10/91), CNWA (10/91-12/91) and LMLW (3/92-5/92). Quite why he's had such short runs in so many feds I'm not sure - money issues, perhaps, or just not getting on with folks.

He's now on my shortlist. I doubt he's happy in ECW, somehow, and if nothing else I suspect he could benefit the Lightning Express... and he's got strong friendships with Jim Ross, Bobby Eaton (no surprise) and Brian Pillman, and loyalty to Mark Curtis and Tim Horner.

If my locker room ever drops below 100% he's coming in.

Last edited by James Casey : 06-02-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Unread 06-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Super Star

El Tigre Blanco vs. Shawn Michaels
Ron Simmons vs. Thomas Rich
Marcus Bagwell vs. Mr Hughes – WCW Television Title
Ricky Steamboat vs. Bob Holly
Dustin Rhodes vs. Tom Bennett
Unread 06-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Hall of Fame

So I was with you here at the start of the game, but for some reason I fell off back right before Nikita won the belt. It wasn't a quality thing, just my failing, as this has kept being a highlight of the board. But now I've rectified that by taking the past few days to read the whole diary over. Now that I'm caught up again, I look forward to the continuing adventures of "Naitch" as he leads us down THAT AISLE to the top!
Unread 06-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Living Legend

El Tigre Blanco vs. Shawn Michaels
Ron Simmons vs. Thomas Rich
Marcus Bagwell vs. Mr Hughes – WCW Television Title
Ricky Steamboat vs. Bob Holly
Dustin Rhodes vs. Tom Bennett
Unread 06-06-2018, 02:09 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
So I was with you here at the start of the game, but for some reason I fell off back right before Nikita won the belt. It wasn't a quality thing, just my failing, as this has kept being a highlight of the board. But now I've rectified that by taking the past few days to read the whole diary over. Now that I'm caught up again, I look forward to the continuing adventures of "Naitch" as he leads us down THAT AISLE to the top!
Glad to have you back!

And Naitch has a lot more talking, and a lot more walking, before he can say he's the Booker Man, as well as just the Man...

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 2, June 1992
Your commentators: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff and Magnum T.A.

Segment of the Night – Trash talking, Texas style!

As Rhodes had his hand raised by the referee...

...Steve Austin walked into the aisle, microphone in hand.

Austin: Well done, well done! Another classic victory for Dustin Rhodes, no question. I mean...

He slapped the NWA tag title belt that was secured around his waist.

Austin: ...it wasn’t a big match. It wasn’t a title match. But well done. Keep plugging away, kid, and maybe you can start to pick up some bigger wins. I mean, you lost the TV title, you lost in the tag title tournament to me and Arn, you lost against Rick Rude-

Rhodes: And I beat you in War Games!

Austin: You beat me with a branding iron, yeah. Texas tough!

He held up the hook ‘em horns.

Austin: One on one, though? A high pressure situation? No veterans around to protect you, and no weapons to make up for you being the weak link? Now, maybe I shouldn’t ought to be talking trash about someone I wanna fight at the Clash, but-

Rhodes: I’ll fight you at the Clash, Austin! I’m sick of you talking down to me – I’m young, sure, but I’ve been doing this longer than you, and I can beat you, no matter how much pressure you stack on me!

Austin: Glad to hear it. But don’t worry – no pressure. It’s not the main event, and there’s no titles on the line, so you don’t have to worry too much. Just a millions of people watching, worldwide!

Austin smirked as he walked away, leaving Rhodes looking angry in the ring.

Bischoff: “Stunning” Steve against the Natural? Sign me up!

Magnum: Clash Of The Champions XXII is just getting bigger and bigger! Don’t miss it!

WCW Hotline Show Notes

With Bret Hart having completed five title defences, it fell to former Television champions Marcus Bagwell and Mr Hughes to determine the new champion. Hughes is seemingly in the mood to show that Big Van Vader is not the only member of the Kingdom who can dominate, as he bullied his young opponent from bell to bell, forcing the submission with a Torture Rack!

Dustin Rhodes impressed most people as he defeated Tom Bennett in singles action, but Steve Austin obviously wasn’t among them!

Ricky Steamboat took on tough independent standout Bob Holly in an engaging brawl, with the Dragon showing off his oft-forgotten skills in this area, prior to locking Holly into a Chickenwing to claim the victory!

El Tigre Blanco was the latest subject of Shawn Michaels’ mockery as the Rough Diamond told the masked man that he should have stayed on the injured list rather than cross swords with him! Blanco told Michaels that he knew all about fighting men who were all mouth, with nothing underneath to back it up – perhaps something got lost in translation? When tying up, Michaels and Blanco put on a very impressive display of fast-paced wrestling that saw them soaring over and above the ring, before going to the mat in a fine display of counter wrestling. The fans appreciated the two young competitors’ efforts, although Blanco was certainly the favourite – a shame, then, that Michaels got inside his guard and levelled him with a Teardrop Suplex to take the win and give him another chance to pose and gloat...

Thomas Rich is a wily veteran and former World champion, but Ron Simmons is an All-American and one of the most powerful men in the business. The two very different competitors clashed in a fierce contest, that ended with a Running Powerslam from Simmons to give him the duke!

Show rating: B+

WCW Saturday Night
Randy Savage and Bret Hart vs. Rick Rude and Arn Anderson
Beat The Champ: Lance Storm vs. Mr Hughes (c) – WCW Television Title
Scott Armstrong vs. Big Van Vader
Scott Steiner vs. Owen Hart
Nikita Koloff vs. Steve Austin
Sting vs. Vinnie Vegas
Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell vs. Shawn Michaels and the Diamond Studd

Unread 06-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Minor League

Randy Savage and Bret Hart
Beat The Champ: Mr Hughes (c) – WCW Television Title
Big Van Vader
Scott Steiner
Steve Austin
Sting
Shawn Michaels and the Diamond Studd
Unread 06-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Phenom

Sting vs. Vinnie Vegas
Unread 06-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Super Star

Sting vs. Vinnie Vegas
Unread 06-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Phenom

Probably by DQ when the Alliance attacks

As much as it pains me to type.....Storm is focused on Tag Team action right now, and Hughes is focused on being a big ass monster....Storm would make a great TV Champ though, even if he didn’t go the distance with defences

Yeah.....poor Scott.....the Armstrong Curse ain’t got nothing on the beating Vader is about to dish out

Could the Owen beat Scotty if this was a tag match? Sure....on his own though it’s gonna be a big ask

A big victory over the former Champion? That’s one way to make Austin look huge

Sting vs. Vinnie Vegas
Vegas is going bust tonight.....Kevin Mash might be a legit threat to Sting before long, but Vinnie Vegas ain’t got a cat in hells chance

Steamers could have picked up the win here with a better partner.....where’s Shane Douglas when you need him
Unread 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM
Living Legend

Sting
vs. Vinnie Vegas
Unread 06-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Saturday Night
Saturday, Week 3, June 1992
Your commentators: Jim Ross and Paul E. Dangerously

Segment of the Night – The ultimate challenge?

As Vader stood triumphant over his latest victim...

...the Ultimate Warrior charged down the aisle, drawing roars from the fans as he rushed the ring, forcing Race into retreat.

Ross: Incredible! We didn’t know when, or even if, Warrior would return from the beating at the hands of Big Van Vader – but look at him!

Dangerously: That’s some incredible medicine he’s on Ross, no doubt.

But Vader stood firm, staring Warrior down unfazed by his arrival. Warrior paced back and forth, breathing heavily as he stared at the masked man.

Warrior: After our last encounter I retreated to the deepest deserts where the shamans hold sway. I placed myself under their care, followed their rules, lived as they do. They healed my body as my spirit joined the spirits of the elders and lived a thousand lifetimes as a slave, a soldier, a sultan, a pirate, a king... The temptation to surrender to these calls on the heart of the Warrior were great, but I withstood that temptation, because I knew I had to return. I had to come here to face a man who offered me something so very rare – a challenge.

Warrior: A challenge, perhaps arisen from the very depths of despair and darkness that doom the souls of man... An assault, an ambush, an attack to ensure that sweet victory was soured by the bitterness of rank defeat... A monster, a titan, an invader...

Warrior: Perhaps... a conqueror?

Warrior stared at Vader, who remained unmoving, his gaze fixed on Warrior.

Warrior: When Jesse Ventura convinced the Ultimate Warrior to stake his claim in WCW he said that there were challenges here as yet unfaced. Mighty opponents that would test me as I had never been tested. I, who had risen triumphant before a crowd of seventy thousand Warriors over an immortal, I, who had dethroned a king. I, who had slain a giant.

Warrior: Perhaps he was speaking of you...

Warrior: This week, at Clash Of The Champions, you and I must stand across the ring from one another. We must battle until one stands, and one falls. We must fight to determine who is the true conqueror, the true warrior, and who is the mere pretender to the throne!

Vader didn’t reply. Instead, as he stared at Warrior, it was Race who spoke for him.

Race: You want to get a second taste of what Vader does to his victims? You’ve got it!

For the first time, Vader spoke or, rather, roared as he beat his chest.

Vader: No pain! No pain!

Ross: I think we can say that it won’t be the prettiest of matches, ladies and gentlemen, but it’s undoubtedly going to be a lively one!

Dangerously: And I’ll be watching to see the winner very, very closely indeed. Whoever comes out on top of those these two brutes is going to need our attention sooner, rather than later...

WCW Hotline Show Notes

Tag champions Scott Steiner and Randy Savage were separated in their matches this week – whether by intent or not is unclear, given their uneasy relationship of late. Steiner clashed with Owen Hart and it was clear that Steiner had unfinished business with the young Canadian, as he still does with most of the Dangerous Alliance! Steiner’s power game had Hart on the back foot for much of the match, but with Madusa and Brian Pillman on the outside, Steiner couldn’t focus solely on his opponent. That ended up costing him, as Madusa distracted the referee, allowing Pillman to nail Steiner in the small of the back with a steel chair – and Hart to claim victory with a Northern Lights Suplex!

For the rest of the show, Steiner seemed barely controllable, demanding that Jesse Ventura give him a chance for revenge against the Calgary Connection (Ventura immediately added a tag title match to the Clash, and seemed delighted to do so!) and then cornered Randy Savage to demand to know where he was, if he couldn’t be at ringside for his partner’s match! That tone of voice didn’t sit too well with Savage, and only the intervention of Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes seemed to stop the pair from getting into it in a big way, before Bret Hart pulled Savage away for their main event match!

The match saw the World and United States champions facing off against their Clash opponents, and was exactly as fiercely contested as one might imagine. All four men sought to lay down a marker ahead of their respective matches, with Hart nearly forcing a submission from Anderson at one point, only for Rude to break it up with a Rude Awakening. As he tried for the pin, however, Savage dove from the top rope with a Macho Man Elbow and could have won amidst the chaos, had Anderson not recovered sufficiently to interrupt the cover. Ultimately, the rivalry between the two sides couldn’t be contained by the ring, and as the quartet brawled without regard to the referee’s instructions, he eventually called for the bell to throw the match out!

Nikita Koloff was quick to accept Cactus Jack’s challenge for a rematch at the upcoming Clash – and even declared himself happy that it would be a street fight “so I can rid myself of this annoying Jack once and for all!” You have to imagine that he’ll only be happier after Cactus’ appearance cost him his match with Steve Austin too – albeit that Cactus claimed he was only scouting!

Big Van Vader destroyed Scott Armstrong in short order with a devastating Powerbomb, but the real story came after the match – Warrior vs. Vader? Yes please!

We hear that young Marcus Bagwell has made a good impression on Ricky Steamboat backstage, and the pair teamed up here to take on the Diamond Exchange’s Shawn Michaels and Diamond Studd. Steamboat was his usual excellent self, but Michaels seemed to take that as a challenge to keep up, leading to some thrilling exchanges that had the crowd on their feet! Studd, meanwhile, contented himself with trying to overpower the Dragon and Bagwell, and ultimately it was his sneaky blow to the back of Bagwell’s head that let Michaels roll him up with a handful of trunks for the pin – and another defeat for Bagwell.

Sting clashed with the towering Vinnie Vegas in the night’s opening match. The Stinger had to contend with Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly on the outside of the ring as well as his opponent, and was understandably distracted at certain moments – including when Page passed Vegas a roll of quarters that the big man used to drill Sting in the jaw! But unfortunately for the Diamond Exchange, the coins spilled all over the mat and the referee spotted the infringement, and handed the match to Sting – not that he was in any condition to appreciate the victory! Had he been available for the rest of the night, might he have been able to calm Scott Steiner down?

Could Lance Storm be the future of WCW? The young Canadian scored a huge win over Mr Hughes to claim his first singles title in WCW, making him a double champion, no less! But Storm was outraged to discover that Ric Flair had a big hand in his victory. Storm and Chris Jericho made it clear in no uncertain terms that Flair had to stop getting involved in their matches – for good or ill! Flair seemed shocked by this – why would anyone not want help in their matches?
Show rating: A

OOC: The sad thing about putting Lance Storm over Mr Hughes is that Storm scored a C rating, fully two grades higher than Hughes. At least Hughes didn’t balk at dropping the belt...

Scott Steiner, on the other hand, absolutely had issues with losing to Owen Hart. Not unreasonable, per se, but this is one of those times I wish I could put an arm around his shoulders (well, shoulder – my arms aren’t that long) and point out that Steiner has very big things ahead of him. Losing to Hart will cost him a lot less than it will gain him in the long run.

WCW Main Event
Ric Flair vs. Tim Horner
Beat The Champ: Lance Storm (c) vs. Terence Taylor – WCW Television Title
Sting vs. Bob Holly
El Tigre Blanco vs. Thomas Rich
The Special Forces vs. Disorderly Conduct
Unread 06-13-2018, 06:37 AM
Living Legend

You're going to be alright, Big Poppa Pump. Owen deserves to go over Should've seen that draw coming, but good show!

Ric Flair vs. Tim Horner
Now if it were Lawrence Taylor, I might pick differently
Sting vs. Bob Holly
Unread 06-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Minor League

Ric Flair
Beat The Champ: Lance Storm (c) – WCW Television Title
Sting
Thomas Rich
The Special Forces
Unread 06-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Super Star

Ric Flair vs. Tim Horner - Take that, Ric! Ya cheater!
Sting vs. Bob Holly
Unread 06-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijar View Post
You're going to be alright, Big Poppa Pump. Owen deserves to go over Should've seen that draw coming, but good show!

They get better! How much better? Well... (Spoiler in white text) My first A* show since TEW 2007!

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 3, June 1992
Your commentators: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff and Magnum T.A.

Segment of the Night – Six? Why not nine!

As Sting prepared to head backstage after the match, he halted as the music of the Diamond Exchange played, and Diamond Dallas Page and his entourage walked down the aisle.

Page: Sting, wait a moment, we have a proposal for you.

The Exchange moved to encircle the ring, Shawn Michaels, Diamond Studd and Vinnie Vegas each to a side, with Page and Kimberly standing together at the foot of the aisle. Sting looked around, his head on a swivel as he tried to watch all four men at the same time.

Page: Don’t mind them. We just wanted to make sure you didn’t leave. No reason for you to take our word for anything, after all, but right now you’ve got no match for the Clash – and that gives us a chance to make money – real money. You too, of course.

Page: See, if you can find two guys to team with at the Clash, you can jump in on our Six Man title rematch.

Sting: Why would I want to do that?

Page: Well... Let me put it this way, Shawn. Right now, the Dangerous Alliance controls the NWA tag titles, the United States title and the big one, the WCW World title. I know that’s gotta eat at you, Stinger. I know that’s something you hate, not having gold around your waist. Hell, one time big Vin was dealing with some business on the Strip and I had to help the boys defend the titles. Walking down the aisle with the gold around my waist, getting my hand raised with the title in it... I could tell how addictive that was, just for that one night. You’ve had gold around your waist a lot more, and you have to be missing it.

Page: And with you in the match, and whoever you bring along... Well, the purse is a lot bigger for the winner. And I’ll still back my boys to get the job done, because you and Flair in the ring together? You two won’t be able to resist getting into it. Again.

The fans certainly responded positively to the idea of Flair and Sting clashing again.

Michaels: Oh, and something else.

Michaels climbed up on the apron.

Michaels: You should fight us because I reckon I can beat you, and I want a chance to prove it. One on one would be great, but three on three means I’ve got my buddies with me. Like big Vin-

Vegas had climbed through the ropes and lunged at Sting from behind, planting a big boot in the back of his head. Sting dropped like a rock as Michaels and Studd climbed into the ring as well, the trio circling their fallen victim as the fans in attendance jeered.

Page: And I’m sure you’ll want revenge for this, too. I did say there was no reason for you to take my word for anything – you should have minded them, all of them.

As Sting tried to push himself upright, Michaels lunged forward with a kick to the jaw, knocking him to the mat once again.

The group turned to leave as Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell rushed down the aisle to check on Sting.

Page: Let us know, Stinger. I’m sure Commissioner Ventura will be okay with it.

Kimberly grinned at her husband’s words, licking a finger and drawing a mark in the air before disappearing backstage.

Schiavone: One what? One victim? One target?

Bischoff: Or are the Diamond Exchange aiming for the number one spot in WCW?

WCW Hotline Show Notes

Lance Storm has told Ric Flair to keep his support strictly moral and verbal in future, but he may be regretting that decision tonight. Just 24 hours removed from winning the WCW Television title from Mr Hughes, Storm lost out to Terence Taylor in his first defence, Taylor taking the pin and the title with a Piledriver, as Flair watched on unmoving at ringside!

El Tigre Blanco has returned to action in fine form, the masked luchadore overcoming former World champion Thomas Rich with a Frog Splash to pick up the win. Is the youngster lining up for another run at gold? He’s already a former Television and two-time Six Man champion!

Sting looked great in action against Bob Holly, picking up the win with a Stinger Splash – but, of course, his night was far from over...

After seeing the Diamond Exchange’s attack on Sting, Ric Flair had some harsh words for the group, promising that he’d be left standing at the end of the Clash, no matter how many opponents lined up against the Nature Boy – and the Thrillseekers, right Ric? Ric? Anyway, Flair warmed up for the Clash with a thrilling victory over the often-underrated Tim Horner, eventually eking out victory with a Figure Four Leglock. More performances like that, and Horner and Brad Armstrong may be in line for a title shot though!

The Special Forces impressed in action with Disorderly Conduct, picking up the win when Todd Champion pinned Mike Moran.

Harley Race had some downright frightening words for Ultimate Warrior, backed up by the terrifying Big Van Vader lurking in the background the whole time. Why does Vader feel the need to wear that gruesome mask? Doesn’t he look frightening enough without it?

Show rating: B+

WCW Clash Of The Champions XXII
Randy Savage vs. Rick Rude (c) – WCW World Title – Everyone banned from ringside
Scott Steiner and Randy Savage (c) vs. The Calgary Connection – WCW World Tag Team Titles
Bret Hart vs. Arn Anderson (c) – WCW United States Title
Nikita Koloff vs. Cactus Jack – Street Fight
Ultimate Warrior vs. Big Van Vader
Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin
Beat The Champ: El Tigre Blanco vs. Terence Taylor (c) – WCW Television Title
Sting, Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell vs. Ric Flair and the Thrillseekers (c) vs. The Diamond Exchange – WCW Six Man Titles
The Young Pistols (c) vs. The Stocks And Shares Express – WCW United States Tag Team Titles

OOC: This feels like a pretty stacked show...