Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Thank you to all who have commented/predicted, if you haven't made your predictions yet than this is officially the 24 Hour Warning.

I have to say, this is going to be a great show, really enjoyed writing it and it's definitely not worth missing out. I had a great time booking it and I'm already looking forward to the next PPV, WWF Free For All. It's going to be awesome! I just wanted to take this opportunity now to thank everyone who has been following this dynasty and giving feedback.

The comments really helps fuel my motivation to continue this everyday and for my first dynasty, I have to say, I wasn't expecting it to be all that good. I appreciate all of the support and just want to thank everyone for checking in. I'm excited to post The Big Event tomorrow and I hope you all enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Unread 02-22-2018, 08:23 PM
Low Minors

The Big Event Match-Card/Prediction Scoreboard

WWF World Heavyweight Championship: King Kong Bundy Vs. Hulk Hogan (C)

WWF Intercontinental Championship: "The Natural" Butch Reed Vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (C)

WWF World Tag Team Championships: The British Bulldogs Vs. The Hart Foundation (C)

Stipulation: If The British Bulldogs lose, they will no longer be able to compete for the World Tag Team Championships as long as The Hart Foundation hold the titles.

#1 Contenders Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

"The Russian Brute" Nikita Koloff Vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Tito Santana Vs. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase

The Royal Challenge: "The King" Harley Race Vs. ???

(3Pts) Match of the Night? Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts

(3Pts) How Many Championship Change Hands? 1

(6Pts) Wild Guess Question: Who Will Answer Harley Race's Open Challenge? Brutus Beefcake
Unread 02-22-2018, 10:45 PM
Rookie

WWF The Big Event

April 26th, 1987

From the Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York

Attendance: 20,000 (Sold-Out!)

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura

Quote:
The announce team welcomes us to a sold-out crowd here in Madison Square Garden, as they hype the viewers on some of tonight's biggest matches. They run down the title matches and comment about this possibly being Piper's final match here tonight.

Quote:

"The King" Harley Race makes his way down to the ring, with his manager Bobby "The Brain Heenan" by his side. Heenan declares that The Big Event, would not be such a big event here in Madison Square Garden if it was not for Harley Race's appearance. Heenan claims that tonight, Race is going to let anyone backstage come out and step up to the king.

Bobby Heenan: "Tonight, here in Madison Square Garden, "The King" Harley Race is going to show the sold-out crowd here exactly why he's a king. Tonight, Race is giving anyone backstage a chance of a lifetime to face him here in New York City. So, who is it going to be? Who is going to step up to the men who has won numerous world championships around the world and has made a name for himself in this industry? I'm waiting!"

Suddenly, the men who has headlined more Madison Square Garden events than any other wrestler, Bruno Sammartino arrives and heads to the ring with a big ovation from the crowd. Sammartino claims that he's here tonight because he couldn't stand Heenan constantly bragging about Harley Race's accolades. Sammartino reminds both Heenan and Race that he is the longest reigning WWF World Heavyweight Champion, which the announce team mentions is 2,803 days long. Sammartino adds that he has headlined 130 Madison Square Garden events, which includes 45 sell-outs. Sammartino finishes by saying that if Race believes he's more of a legend than he is, then he can prove it right here in the building Sammartino built.

Bruno Sammartino: "I know who you are, you claim to be one of the best in this industry and your accolades speaks for themselves. My only question to you is, do you know who I am? In fact, let me inform you of who I am! I am Bruno Sammartino and I have held the WWF World Heavyweight Championship twice in my career. Both of them reigns combined surpasses any of your world championship reigns. I have headlined this arena 130 times in my career and sold-out 45 of them! So, call yourself the king as long as you like, but when you're in this arena, you will refer to Bruno Sammartino as the king! Understood?!"

The fans were loud and livid for Sammartino once he confronted Harley Race, who seemed a slight bit intimidated. Race then got on the microphone and told Sammartino that if he believes he's the king, then he can prove it right here against him in this ring.

Harley Race: "How dare you come out here and steal my spotlight like that! If you think you're going to come out here and accept my challenge, just to soak in the spotlight you are sadly mistaken. I couldn't have asked for someone of your caliber to come face me one on one, because now I can show the world EXACTLY why I'm the king of the World Wrestling Federation!"

Both men clashed head to head in a tense stare down, in which Bobby Heenan then demanded the referee to come out here and officiate the match.

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Bruno Sammartino Vs. King Harley Race (/w Bobby Heenan)

The Big Event kicked off in a huge way with a mega-match between two high-caliber wrestlers, Bruno Sammartino and Harley Race. Both have had major success in the professional wrestling industry and tonight both men battled it out to see who would emerge as the best. Every strike, grapple or submission hold that Bruno applied received a great reaction by the fans, as they were happy to see their hero return. Race fought back and made it known through his skills, exactly what made him a world champion in the NWA. Sammartino began to pick up the pace on the offensive end and when it became clear that things were not going his way, Race quickly jolted out of the ring. Race went to Heenan, as they began to talk over a gameplan with one another. Sammartino soaked in the cheers for a good moment inside the ring, but eventually grew tired of Race dodging him.

He would go outside of the ring and chase the self-proclaimed king around the ring, which prompted Race to hurry back into the ring. Once in the ring, both immortals clashed and began to battle it out as the crowd watched in enjoyment. Race was holding his ground inside the ring, but Sammartino was beginning to pick up steam once again. Bobby Heenan would soon get involved by distracting Sammartino, the distraction lasted long enough for Race to get the advantage. It would not be enough though, as Bruno would fight back once again and it would not be long before Bruno locked in the Bearhug.

Looking to end things, he applied it tightly on Race, he was clearly showing pain from the submission hold. Bobby Heenan hurried and attempted to distract the referee, which worked in his favor. Bruno realized this and released the hold to go after Heenan. Race crawled on his feet, trying to get himself back into the mix of things as Bruno was shown arguing with Bobby Heenan. Race would soon rebound once Bruno turned around and received a rake to the eyes. Race then punched Bruno in the gut and soon afterwards, delivered the Piledriver to seal the match. As the referee declared Harley Race the winner, the crowd gave him a very negative reaction. Some were even throwing trash at Race, as he briefly celebrated the win inside the ring.

Winner: Harley Race

Match Time: 7:33

Finish: Piledriver by Race leads to the pin.

Quote:

As the crowd booed Harley Race's cheap win over Bruno Sammartino, Bruno was not going to let the fans have a bad taste in their mouth. Bruno grabbed Race in the ring, who was celebrating, and locked him into his finishing Bearhug submission hold. The sold-out crowd began to cheer loudly for Bruno as he kept the hold locked in tight, as Race was agonizing in pain. The fans only got louder from that point on, as Race began to tap out repeatedly. Bruno finally released the submission hold and threw Race over the top ropes, towards Bobby Heenan's direction. The Hall of Immortal inductee celebrated inside the ring, as he soaked in the cheers from all of the fans in Madison Square Garden. The final seconds featured a close up of the living legend, in which he seemed to close his eyes and reminisce on all the fond memories he has had in this very same building. Vince McMahon added on commentary that there will never be another Bruno Sammartino.

Quote:

We cut backstage to where Gene Okerlund is standing by the current WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan. Okerlund asks Hogan on what his thoughts were on the return of Bruno Sammartino, who paved the way for the prestigious world championship. Hogan talked about how he respects Sammartino accomplishments and that he made tonight's show memorable already. Okerlund then questioned Hogan on what he thought of his own 3-year title reign and how he looks to continue it tonight against King Kong Bundy.

Hulk Hogan: "Let me tell you somethin' "Mean Gene", Bruno Sammartino is a legend in our industry and his record lasting title reigns are forever immortal, such as all of my hulkamaniacs. Holding this prestigious championship for 3 years is an accomplishment that will always hold a special place in my heart, brother! In large part, I have to thank each and every one of my hulkamaniacs, because without them, this would have never been possible. They give me the strength, courage, and determination to go out there and kick some butt. Tonight, will be no different, as they'll be by my side every step of the way, as I go out there and bring King Kong down to the ground!"

Quote:
WWF World Tag Team Championships

Normal, Tag Team Match

Stipulation: If The British Bulldogs lose, they cannot challenge for the tag titles as long as The Hart Foundation are the champions

The British Bulldogs Vs. The Hart Foundation

This was The British Bulldog's final chance to take back their WWF World Tag Team Championships from The Hart Foundation. They knew this going in, that it would take a lot of effort, considering that The Hart Foundation are one of the top tag teams in the industry. Jesse Ventura mentioned on commentary that the reason Jimmy Hart is absent is due to the request of both Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart. He mentioned that they requested him to not appear, as they wanted no excuses from The British Bulldogs after they beat them here tonight.

The match started off with Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart, as both men tried to get the advantage over one another. Neither men could get into the rhythm early on, but that all changed after a few clothlines by Smith. Afterwards, The British Bulldogs became hot and were connecting on all cylinders. They made frequent tags and ensured Bret wouldn't tag in Jim. Eventually, Jim got involved outside by going after Dynamite Kid. Smith went out of the ring to help his partner, but when he returned, he received strikes by a recovered Bret Hart. Both men fought each other, as they looked to get the slightest advantage. Hart eventually tagged in Jim Neidhart, who came in with a ton of momentum. He knocked Smith down with a shoulder tackle and sent Dynamite Kid flying into the guard rail.

The tag team champions were now officially hot, as they got booed by the crowd. Neidhart applied various holds to Smith down afterwards, but it wouldn't keep him down for long. Smith made a hot tag to Dynamite Kid, who went after Neidhart with various strikes and kicks. Neidhart would refuse to be kept down and rebounded with some strong strikes of his own. He made a tag to Hart, who came blazing with offense. As Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart battled it out, Neidhart went after Smith outside the ring. Dynamite Kid looked to finish the match with a superplex, but Bret fought out of it and delivered a missile dropkick. Hart made a quick roll up afterwards and the referee counted the 3-count and declared The Hart Foundation victorious. Regardless of the outcome, both teams gave it their all in this match and in the end of the day, they both came out as winners.

Winner: The Hart Foundation

Match Time: 13:02

Finish: Roll Up by Bret Hart on Dynamite Kid earns the pin.

Quote:

Backstage, Gene Okerlund is standing with "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. Okerlund asks DiBiase exactly how confident is he in his upcoming rematch against Tito Santana. DiBiase says that he has every reason to feel confident, because he has already beaten Tito Santana. DiBiase calls Okerlund a moron for asking him such a pathetic question like that. Afterwards, DiBiase takes the spotlight in the interview and sends a message to Tito Santana.

Ted DiBiase: "Tito Santana, you think you're going to come out of this match victorious? Don't make me laugh, you're just as pathetic as all of these fans here in attendance tonight. After I beat you once again, I'll see my stock value here in the WWF rise higher than it is now. That's not to say my stock Isn't already high enough, but people constantly believe I only get by with money. Which is certainly not the case, I'm the total package. I have the money and the skills to make it to the top of the World Wrestling Federation and tonight, I'll achieve my biggest victory, once I defeat you here in Madison Square Garden."

Ted DiBiase looks at Gene Okerlund and tells him that he was actually going to pay him a few hundreds, until he asked him a stupid question about how confident he is. He walks out with his million dollar laugh.

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Tito Santana Vs. Ted DiBiase

Tito Santana came into this match with a big pop from the crowd, as he looked prepared to get the win he feels he deserves. DiBiase looked strong and he put on fantastic performance against Santana. Both men went back and forth on the offense throughout the entire match, eventually Tito Santana began to earn the momentum. Santana began to deliver much more of the offense, as he carried away with the match. The fans continued to cheer Tito on in support, as he attempted to lock on the Figure Four Leglock on DiBiase. Everything was looking positive for Santana until...

A mysterious man came down to the ring, holding a briefcase and dressed like some businessmen. He came to ringside and warned Tito Santana that he does not want to do that (figure four leglock). Tito looked confused and told him to mind his own business. The distraction made a difference maker, as it helped DiBiase lock in the Million Dollar Dream. DiBiase kept the hold locked in, as Tito Santana tried desperately to get out. As seconds passed away, Santana began to fade out and eventually to the point, where the referee declared him as unconscious. DiBiase was announced the winner, in which the crowd booed the million-dollar man. Afterwards, DiBiase headed up the ramp with the mysterious business men.

Winner: Ted DiBiase

Match Time: 9:30

Finish: Million Dollar Dream by DiBiase leads to Submission.

Quote:

Bobby Heenan is backstage with his client, King Kong Bundy, in which he hypes tonight's main event between King Kong Bundy and Hulk Hogan. Heenan says that the final minutes are upon us when the world will witness history, in which King Kong Bundy proves that Hulk Hogan isn't immortal. Heenan says that he has always dreamed of the day Hulkamania would die and tonight, his dream will come true.

Bobby Heenan: "Ladies and gentleman, the day, or may I say, final minutes of Hulkamania are upon us! Tonight, is no better night to be alive, as King Kong Bundy will prove to everyone around the world, why he is in fact, the most destructible, immovable, human force in all of mankind! You all are witnessing history, as The Heenan Family will host the WWF World Heavyweight Championship high in the air and celebrate the death of Hulkamania!"

Paul Ordnorff shows up with a slight smirk on his face. Ordnorff says that he sees that Heenan is ecstatic for tonight. Heenan responds by saying of course, why wouldn't he be? Ordnorff says that while Heenan is happy and all, there is one person who is not. Ordnorff says he should have been wrestling tonight and that he isn't even on the card. Heenan assures Ordnorff that his time will come, however Ordnorff doesn't believe him.

Paul Ordnorff: "I've been your masterpiece for a long minute now and look at how I have been utilized! When you and I came together on this partnership, I was promised a spot on the top. I look at my career now, knowing that with you, I'm headed nowhere. So, I just came to let you know, that I'm no longer a part of your little family. Best of luck with your dream, Heenan."

Before Bobby Heenan can get a word out, Ordnorff walks off. King Kong Bundy shows a disgruntled look on his face, as Heenan reassures Bundy that they didn't need that loser anyways.

Quote:
A video package is played showcasing the build between "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Russian Alliance. It displays The Russian Alliance attacking Piper during his "retirement" speech on the Piper's Pit. Afterwards, it shows how The Russian Alliance looks to inform Americans that it is the Russians, who rule supreme. The final clip features Piper challenging any member of The Russian Alliance to a match at The Big Event. In which case, Ivan Koloff picked his nephew, "The Russian Brute" Nikita Koloff.

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Nikita Koloff (/w The Russian Alliance) Vs. Roddy Piper

Nikita Koloff came down the ring with The Russian Alliance, as they looked to make their stamp here in Madison Square Garden. Jesse Ventura mentioned on commentary that Ivan Koloff was not here due to believing his nephew could handle job without him by his side. Roddy Piper knew he was at a disadvantage alone when it came to size, but it became worse once he knew he had to pay close attention to The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff. However, Piper was not about to back down as he went up against Koloff with no intimidation. The Russian Brute was quick to put him down and throughout the match, disrespected Piper and the crowd. Piper would not stay down though, as he fought back endlessly to earn himself some momentum. Once he began to get fire up, Volkoff tried to get involved but quickly got hit by Piper. Koloff rebounded with some devastating blows and body slams. He began to deliver powerful moves to Piper, which only made it harder for him to rebound.

The crowd were on the edge of their seats, hoping for Piper to make a strong comeback. He would too, with several strikes and it wouldn't be long till Piper suddenly locked in the Sleeper Hold. The fans began to cheer, while Piper was on his way to victory. The Iron Sheik hurried and distracted the referee, which gave Volkoff the chance to grab Piper off of Koloff. Volkoff hurried out of the ring in time, so that the referee did not catch him. Koloff began to deliver hard hitting punches to Piper, making it unbearable to see. He stomped Piper down, in which seemed like a thousand times. Koloff then picked Piper up and delivered a vicious powerbomb. Koloff went for the pin and was declared the winner.

Winner: Nikita Koloff

Match Time: 11:36

Finish: Powerbomb by Nikita Koloff leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Nikita Koloff didn't seem surprise at all over picking up the big win on "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. However, he did seem pleased at the fact that he made a statement here tonight for The Russian Alliance. That statement was short and simple, they're not a group of men to be underestimated. All three men stood in the middle of the ring and declared that Russia is supreme with their fists clutched in the air. Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon questioned on commentary whether or not anybody would be able to stop these men.

Quote:

Backstage, Gene Okerlund interviews his 3rd guest of the night, the "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Savage informs both Okerlund and the audience that he is rightfully entitled to a rematch before anyone else in the locker room. Savage adds that Jake Roberts got involved simply because he's lost in the shuffle and that he wants to be the snake he is and steal his rematch.

Randy Savage: "Whether the guys in the back or the fans who don't like me, everyone will tell you that I'm owed a rematch for my WWF Intercontinental Championship. Yet, that snake decided to get involved in my business. That doesn't fly well with the Macho Man, oh no no! So, since that sneaky little snake wants to get my business, I'm going to introduce to him Macho Madness, Ohhhhh Yeeaaaah!"

Quote:
#1 Contenders, WWF Intercontinental Championship

Normal, Singles Match

Jake Roberts Vs. Randy Savage (/w Miss Elizabeth)

The audience was in for an entertaining match here between Jake Roberts and Randy Savage, as both men battled it out to prove who is the real #1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship. As you would expect, both men went at each other with a ton of offense the moment the bell rang. Both men delivered a fantastic showing, as they're performance really stood out as them showing that they really wanted the opportunity to face the champion. Savage began to earn the upper-hand on Roberts for a few minutes, before Roberts came back into the mix with a few strikes of his own. They went at each other with everything they had, as if they were bitter rivals and the audience was loving every second of it. Many opportunities arrived, in which many thought Roberts would pull through and earn the victory, but Savage made a counter. Savage would eventually clothline Roberts over the top ropes. Both men began to fight outside the ring, as the match began to become more and more about showing the world who was better. Savage had the offense in his hands briefly, until a DDT out of nowhere killed his momentum.

Ironically enough, as soon as Roberts delivered his finisher, his pet snake, Damien, came out of the bag. Damien began to make its way towards Miss Elizabeth, which Roberts hurried and grabbed him. He would return the pet snake back into the bag. Elizabeth thanked Roberts for saving her from the snake, which Roberts sort of brushed off. Once he returned to the ring, he would be blindsided by Savage. Savage would soon deliver an atomic drop and a scoop slam. Savage then went up to the top turnbuckle and prepared the Flying Elbow Drop. Once Savage went for the dive, Roberts quickly dodged the bullet and moved out of the way.

It became clear that both men were tired at this point, as they each were trying to finish this match off. They began to trade strikes again, with Roberts getting the advantage. Savage was then brought down to the mat, which prompted him to just leave the ring. Roberts wasn't letting him walk away though, as he went after him and the two men began fighting up the ramp. The referee began to count to 10 but at this point, it seemed as though neither men cared. They continued to brawl and it wouldn't be long before the referee declared the match a double countout.

Winner: Draw

Match Time: 14:41

Finish: Double Count Out.

Quote:

After such an entertaining match and perhaps one of the best matches of tonight, Randy Savage and Jake Roberts continued to fight mid-way up the ramp. Miss Elizabeth pleaded with both men to stop, but her plead was no good. It was clear at this point, that these two men simply just don't like each other. They continued fighting, until WWF officials finally stepped in and separated both men. Savage could be heard yelling at Roberts that he or his snake were to harm Elizabeth, he'd break every bone in his body. Roberts yelled several words back but the camera didn't quite catch them. The announce team discussed who faces the WWF Intercontinental Champion now, after the #1 contenders match. McMahon added that the only way to find out was to tune into Superstars of Wrestling next week. McMahon continues by saying that that is down the line, next up we have "The Natural" Butch Reed facing Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

Quote:
The audience gets shown a 3-minute video package displaying the feud of Butch Reed and Ricky Steamboat. Reed has been the men on the rise as of late and he wants that to be known, he began his statement at WrestleMania III defeating 14 other men to become #1 contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Afterwards, he showcased his strength week after week, reminding Ricky Steamboat that he is more of a threat than what Steamboat may think. Tonight, both men face off against one another for the prestigious championship.

Quote:
WWF Intercontinental Championship

Normal, Singles Match

Butch Reed (/w Slick) Vs. Ricky Steamboat

Topping the previous match was going to be the challenge here between both men, as they now had the pressure to execute at a high level with the championship on the line. The story being told here though, served as a good jump start to get this match rolling. Butch Reed was determined to prove that he's a power player here in the World Wrestling Federation and right now was his chance to prove that claim against Ricky Steamboat. The fans made it no secret on whose side there were on, as Steamboat received one of the biggest crowd reactions of the night. Both men took each other to task in the opening minutes, with neither men rushing on offense. Steamboat attempted several holds but the power of Reed prevented much to happen.

Reed delivered some nice strong strikes, which looked painful to the viewers. He followed those up by some great powerslams, which really had fans chanting Steamboat to get back into the mix. Reed flexed his new size, as he looked more confident than ever before in his career. Steamboat did an excellent job carrying Reed on his 2nd PPV overall, selling Reed's moves in a fantastic way. Steamboat clearly showed why he was the WWF's #2 superstar, performing well in performance and popularity. Reed did great on his end too and showcased that he could become a big deal very soon in the future.

However, tonight just was not his night to become the new WWF Intercontinental Champion. Steamboat bounced back late in the match and not long after the hot come back, delivered a Flying Karate Chop. The crowd were really happy at this moment, especially after numerous heels won their respective matches throughout the night. Steamboat followed up on the chop, going for the pin and after the count of 3, Steamboat was declared the winner.

Winner: Ricky Steamboat

Match Time: 12:48

Finish: Flying Karate Chop by Steamboat leads to the Pin.

Quote:
The final hype video package was showcased to the audience as King Kong Bundy looked to end the reign of the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan. The video displayed weeks' worth of build, which went as far back to WrestleMania II in which Bundy and Hogan fought in a steel cage. The announcers claimed that Hogan will have to find all of the strength he has, if he plans to pin King Kong Bundy in the ring for a 3-count.

Quote:
WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Normal, Singles Match

King Kong Bundy (/w Bobby Heenan) Vs. Hulk Hogan

It was finally time for the main event of the night, King Kong Bundy versus Hulk Hogan. This was bound to be a big match, but not nearly as big as Andre versus Hogan. Bobby Heenan's second attempt to kill Hulkamania continued in which Heenan believes, Bundy is the man to get the job done. Bundy and Hogan clashed instantly by trading punches, which Bundy was able to captialize on his size and trap Hogan in the corner. Heenan liked what he was seeing as Bundy dismantled Hogan as soon as the bell rang. Bundy constantly attacked the once previously thought injured ribs. Hogan showed tremendous pain, as if it was a sign saying Hogan was still recovering. Bundy became more and more aggressive by the minute.

Hogan attempted a mid-way come back into the match, but Bundy wouldn't let him get in any offense as he blocked off Hogan's strikes. At this point, Bundy began to show a better offensive plan then Andre and Heenan was satisfied. Bundy continued to crush Hogan and many were starting to think that this was all the end for Hogan. The playing field quickly changed though once...

Former Heenan Family member, Paul Ordnorff began to walk down to the ramp. Ordnorff grabbed ahold of Heenan, who demanded Ordnorff to let him go. Bundy became distracted by Ordnorff's appearance and once Ordnorff realized, he released Heenan. Bundy turned his focus back on Hogan, just to eat a couple of strikes to the head by The Hulkster. Hogan delivered two more before rebounding off the ropes and delivered a big boot. Afterwards, Hogan delivered the Big Legdrop and after that, the rest was history. Heenan told Ordnorff that he would pay for this and Ordnorff gave Heenan a slight smirk and said "you should have picked me." Ordnorff left the arena and signalfied a future face turn.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Match Time: 13:07

Finish: Big Leg Drop by Hogan leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Despite Paul Ordnorff's interference, Hulk Hogan began to celebrate with the title, as the audience gave Hogan one big ovation in Madison Square Garden. Hogan flexed his muscles and was clearly living in the moment. Heenan left reminding Hogan that this was not over, but Hogan ignored him. In what will be a memorable event, the fans in attendance and viewers at home, were left happy at the closing moments of The Big Event.

PPV Buy Rate: 0.47 (236,965 Buys)

Show Overall Grade:

Increased WWF's Popularity in 6 regions

Quote:
Backstage News / Incidents / Opinions

Ivan Koloff showed up to the event wasted on painkillers and was sent home. This was a major disappointment, as Koloff would have made The Russian Alliance aftermath segment more special considering he's the mouthpiece of the group. He has been reportedly fined by Vince McMahon himself. After the Junkyard Dog incident and now this on a PPV, its quite clear that no warning is necessary.

Word has it that Bruno Sammartino's return was a last-minute decision and that the original opponent for Harley Race was in fact, Paul Ordnorff. After tonight's show, it's clear to see that management will be going a different direction with Ordnorff. The storyline has been shaping up pretty well and it'll be good to see where it goes from here.

In other news regarding Bruno Sammartino, it's being rumored that Sammartino was in fact not happy with the decision to lose to Harley Race. In a match that high of caliber, it's clear to see why he was unhappy but it was reportedly Vince McMahon's decision to make Sammartino lose. According to inside sources, Harley Race was not happy with Bruno's behavior and intimidated him into working the match, which he finally gave in and agreed.

I'll have the scores posted in the April Wrap-Up Post! Thanks again everyone who has predicted and followed! I'll be back sometime next week, hopefully very soon!
Unread 02-23-2018, 06:09 PM
All Star

Great show, I called the draw, plus I never saw IRS coming! Keep up the good work.
Unread 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Rookie

Default Quick Update

Hey everybody, I have just arrived back and plan to get back into the habit of things. To anyone following, im expecting to post 04/30/87 episode of Superstars on Friday. This show will be releaaed on its own due to it being the final show of the month. Afterwards, imma post April's Wrap Up and the prediction scores will be released.
Unread 02-27-2018, 09:02 PM
All Star

I was wondering what was afoot with this one, great news.
Unread 03-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Rookie

Default April 1987 Wrap-Up

April 1987 Write-Up

The Top 5 Promotions:

World Wrestling Federation

Size: National

Cash: $21,303,659

Figurehead: Hulk Hogan

Champions:

WWF World Heavyweight: Hulk Hogan (1st Reign)

WWF Intercontinental: Ricky Steamboat (1st Reign)

WWF World Tag Team: The Hart Foundation (1st Reign)(Bret Hart 1, Jim Neidhart 1)

WWF Women's: Velvet McIntyre (2nd reign)

The Big Event: The Big Event 1987

Attendance: 20,000 (Sold-Out)

Main Event: Hulk Hogan Def. King King Bundy to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship (B, 78)

Match of the Night: Jake Roberts went to a double count-out with Randy Savage. (B+, 87)

Overall Show Rating: B+, 87

Other News:

New Signings: Marty Jannetty, Robert Gibson, Ricky Morton, Mike Rotundo, Ashley Cartier and Mick Foley

Departures: Junkyard Dog

Financial Status: $337,122 GAIN.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Size: Cult

Cash: $4,970,165

Figurehead: Antonio Inoki

Champions:

IWGP Heavyweight: Masa Saito (1st Reign)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Shiro Koshinaka

IWGP Tag Team: Kimura & Fujinami (3rd Reign)(Tatsumi Fujinami 3, Kengo Kimura 3)

The Big Event: N/A

Attendance: N/A

Main Event: N/A

Match of the Night: N/A

Overall Show Rating: N/A

Other News:

New Signings: Konnan, Scott Hall, Dr. Wagner Jr, Bad News Allen, Buzz Sawyer, Killer Khan, Ryuma Go, Yoshihiro Asai

Departures: N/A

Financial Status: $11,368 LOSS

Jim Crockett Promotions

Cash: $5,411,462

Figurehead: Ric Flair

Champions:

NWA World Heavyweight: Ric Flair (6th Reign)

NWA United States Heavyweight: Rocky King (1st Reign)

NWA World Television: Tully Blanchard (3rd Reign)

NWA World Junior Heavyweight: Denny Brown (3rd Reign)

NWA World Tag Team: Awesome Twosome (1st Reign)
(Rick Rude 1, Manny Fernandez 2)

NWA United States Tag Team: Ron Garvin (1st Reign) & Barry Windham (1st Reign)

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team: Dusty Rhodes (1st Reign) & The Road Warriors (1st Reign)

NWA World Women's: Linda Dallas (1st Reign)

The Big Event: Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup 1987

Attendance: 19,355

Main Event: The Road Warriors Def. The Rock 'N Express to become winners of the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup (B-, 75)

Match of the Night: Barry Windham Def. Arn Anderson (B, 82)

Overall Show Rating: B-, 75

Other News:

New Signings: N/A

Departures: Mike Rotundo, Robert Gibson, Ricky Morton

Financial Status: $193,018 GAIN

All Japan Pro-Wrestling

Cash: $9,287,601

Figurehead: Riki Choshu

Champions:

NWA International: Jumbo Tsuruta (2nd Reign)

NWA United National: Genichiro Tenryu (2nd Reign)

PWF World Heavyweight: Riki Choshu (1st Reign)

AJPW Junior Heavyweight: Masanobu Fuchi (1st Reign)

NWA International Tag Team: Kakuryu(2nd Reign) (Tenryu 2, Tsuruta 8)

PWF World Tag Team: Footloose (1st Reign) (Toshiaki Kawada 1, Samson Fuyuki 1)

AJPW All-Asia Tag Team: Vacant

The Big Event: Champion Carnival 1987

Attendance: 13,000

Main Event & Match of the Night: Riki Choshu Def. Terry Funk to retain the PWF World Heavyweight Championship (A+,97)

Overall Show Rating: B+ (86)

Other News:

New Signings: N/A

Departures: N/A

Financial Status: $174,268 LOSS

American Wrestling Association

Cash: $2,611,454

Figurehead: Curt Hennig

Champions:

AWA World Heavyweight: Nick Bockwinkel (6th Reign)

AWA World Tag Team: The Midnight Express (1st Reign)

AWA World Women's: Sherri Martel (3rd Reign)

AWA Light Heavyweight: Vacant

The Big Event: AWA April Supercard 1987

Attendance: 15,182

Main Event & Match of the Night: Nick Bockwinkel Def. Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Championship (B+,88)

Overall Show Rating: B- (74)

Other News:

New Signings: Vicki Williams

Departures: Mick Foley & Marty Jannetty

Financial Status:$ 174,268 LOSS

Other Industry News:

Deaths:Bruno Sammartino (A. 51)

Retirements: Freddie Blassie, Lou Thesz

New Workers: Yoshihiro Asai, Akira Katayama, Mike Roselli, Randy Tyler, Bull Pain
Unread 03-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Rookie

Championship History: April Update

(Note: All championship histories follow actual history up to March 1987.)

Updated As Of: May 1st, 1987

Quote:
WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan (1st Reign)

Won From: The Iron Sheik on January 23rd, 1984 at a house show in New York City, New York

Days as Champ (Current Reign): 1,193

Previous Champions

The Iron Sheik: December 26th, 1983-January 23rd, 1984 (28 days)

Bob Backlund: February 20th, 1978-November 30th, 1979 (2,118 days)

Superstar Billy Graham: April 30th, 1977-February 20th, 1978 (296 days)

Bruno Sammartino (#2): December 10th, 1973-April 30th, 1977 (1,237 days)

Stan Stasiak: December 1st, 1973-December 10th, 1973 (9 days)

Pedro Morales: February 8th, 1971-December 1st, 1973 (1,027 days)

Ivan Koloff: January 18th, 1971-February 8th, 1971 (21 days)

Bruno Sammartino (#1): May 17th, 1963-January 18th, 1971 (2,803 days)

Buddy Rogers: April 25th, 1963-May 17th, 1963 (22 days)

Title Statistics

Most Title Reigns:

Bruno Sammartino, 2

No one else has more than 2 title reigns

Longest Title Reign (In days)

1. Bruno Sammartino (#1): 2,803 days

2. Bob Backlund: 2,118 days

3. Bruno Sammartino (#2): 1,237 days

4. Hulk Hogan: 1,193 days

5. Pedro Morales: 1,027 days

Total Days Spent as Champion

1. Bruno Sammartino: 4,040 days

2. Bob Backlund: 2,118 days

3. Hulk Hogan: 1,193 days

4. Pedro Morales: 1,027 days

5. Superstar Billy Graham: 296 days

Quote:
WWF Intercontinental Championship

Ricky Steamboat (1st Reign)

Won From: Randy Savage on March 29th, 1987 at WrestleMania III in Detroit, Michigan.

Days as Champ (Current Reign): 32 Days

Previous Champions

Randy Savage: February 8th, 1986-March 29th, 1987 (414 days)

Tito Santana (#2): July 6th, 1985-February 8th, 1986 (217 days)

Greg Valentine: September 24th, 1984-July 6th, 1985 (285 days)

Tito Santana (#1): February 11th, 1984-September 24th, 1984 (226 days)

Magnificent Muraco (#2): January 22nd, 1983-February 11th, 1984 (385 days)

Pedro Morales (#2): November 23rd, 1981-January 22nd, 1983 (425 days)

Magnificent Muraco (#1): June 20th, 1981-November 23rd, 1981 (156 days)

Pedro Morales (#1): December 8th, 1980-June 20th, 1981 (194 days)

Ken Patera: April 21st, 1980-December 8th, 1980 (231 days)

Pat Patterson: September 1st, 1979-April 21st, 1980 (233 days)

Title Statistics

Most Title Reigns:

T1. Pedro Morales, 2

T1. Magnificent Muraco, 2

T1, Tito Santana, 2

Longest Title Reign (In days)

1. Pedro Morales (#2): 425 days

2. Randy Savage: 414 days

3. Magnificent Muraco (#2): 385 days

4. Greg Valentine: 285 days

5. Pat Patterson: 233 days

1. Pedro Morales: 619 days

2. Magnificent Muraco: 541 days

3. Tito Santana: 443 days

4. Randy Savage: 414 days

5. Greg Valentine: 285 days

Quote:
WWF World Tag Team Championships

The Hart Foundation (1st Reign) (Bret Hart 1, Jim Neidhart 1)

Won From: The British Bulldogs on January 26th, 1987 at WWF Superstars of Wrestling in Tampa, Florida

Days as Champ (Current Reign): 94 days

Past Champions

The British Bulldogs: April 7th, 1986-January 27th, 1987 (294 days)

The Dream Team: August 24th, 1985-April 7th, 1986 (226 days)

The U.S. Express (#2): June 17th, 1985-August 24th, 1985 (68 days)

The Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff: March 31st, 1985-June 17th, 1985 (78 days)

The U.S. Express (#1): January 21st, 1985-March 31st, 1985 (69 days)

Title Statistics

Most Title Reigns:

T1. Tony Garea, 5

T1. Mr. Fuji, 5

2. Chief Jay Strongbow, 4

(Several Others Tied With 3)

Longest Title Reign (In Days)

1. The Valiant Brothers, 370 Days

2. Mr. Fuji & Professor Tanaka (#1), 337 Days

3. The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid), 294 Days

4. The North-South Connection (Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch), 279 Days

5. Mr. Fuji & Mr. Saito (#1), 258 Days

1. Mr. Fuji, 932 Days

2. Johnny Valiant, 600 Days

3. Tony Garea, 597 Days

4. Professor Tanaka, 569 Days

T5, Afa, 431 Days

T5, Sika, 431 Days

Quote:
WWF World Television Championship

Hercules (1st Reign)

Won From: 15-Man Battle Royal on April 9th 1987 at WWF Superstars of Wrestling #6 in Boulder, Colorado

Days As Champ (Current Reign): 21 Days

Past Champions:

None

Title Statistics

Most Title Reigns:

1. Hercules, 1

1. Hercules (#1): 21 Days

Longest Days Spent as Champion

1. Hercules: 21 Days

Quote:
WWF Women's Championship

Velvet McIntyre (2nd Reign)

Won From: The Fabulous Moolah on April 24th, 1987 at WWF Wrestling Challenge #8 in Springfield, Massachusetts

Days as Champ (Current Reign): 6 Days

Days as Champ (Total Reigns): 12 Days

Past Champions

The Fabulous Moolah (#3): July 9th, 1986 - April 24th 1987 (289 Days)

Velvet McIntyre: July 3rd, 1986-July 9th, 1986 (6 Days)

The Fabulous Moolah (#2): November 25th, 1985-July 3rd, 1986 (220 Days)

Wendi Richter (#2): March 31st, 1985-November 25th, 1985 (239 Days)

Leilani Kai: February 18th, 1985-March 31st, 1985 (41 Days)

Wendi Richter (#1): July 23rd, 1984-February 18th, 1985 (210 Days)

The Fabulous Moolah (#1): January 1st, 1984-July 23rd, 1984 (204 Days)

Title Statistics

Most Title Reigns:

1. The Fabulous Moolah, 3

2. Wendi Richter, 2

Everyone Has No More Than 1

1. The Fabulous Moolah (#3): 289 Days

2. Wendi Richter (#2): 239 Days

3. The Fabulous Moolah (#2): 220 Days

4. Wendi Richter (#1): 210 Days

5. Leilani Kai: 41 Days

Longest Days Spent as Champion

1. The Fabulous Moolah, 703 Days

2. Wendi Richter, 449 Days

3. Leilani Kai, 41 Days

4. Velvet McIntyre, 6 Days

Quote:
WWF King of the Ring

1986 - Harley Race
1985 - Magnificent Muraco

Quote:
WWF Roster Breakdown
(Faces in blue, heels in red)

Main Eventers:

Hulk Hogan (WWF World)

Jake Roberts

Ricky Steamboat (WWF Intercontinental)

Paul Ordnorff

Harley Race

King Kong Bundy

Randy Savage

Upper Midcarders:

Tito Santana

Adrian Adonis

Bob Orton Jr.

Butch Reed

Hercules (WWF TV)

Honky Tonk Man

Kamala

Magnificent Muraco

Nikita Koloff

Nikolai Volkoff

Ted DiBiase

The Iron Shiek

Midcarders:

Billy Jack Haynes

Davey Boy Smith

Dynamite Kid

Jacques Rougeau

Jim Duggan

Jim Powers

Koko B. Ware

Marty Jannetty

Ricky Morton

Robert Gibson

Paul Roma

Rick Martel

Tom Zenk

Afa

Bret Hart

Brutus Beefcake

Demolition Ax

Demolition Smash

Dino Bravo

Greg Valentine

Irwin. R. Schyster

Mick Foley

Jim Neidhart

Sika

Ivan Koloff

Lower Midcarder:

Brian Blair

Corporal Kirchner

Haku

Jim Brunzell

Lanny Poffo

Raymond Rougeau

S.D Jones

Tama

Shawn Michaels

Opener:

Brad Rheingans

Danny Spivey

Outback Jack

Iron Mike Sharpe

Jimmy Jack Funk

The Assassin

Enhancement Talent:

Tom Magee

Kim Chee

Occasional Wrestler:

George Steele

Hillbilly Jim

Omar Atlas

Roddy Piper

Siva Ali

The Crusher

Tiger Chung Lee

Andre The Giant

Women's Division

Ashley Cartier

Desiree Peterson

Itsuki Yamazaki

Noriyo Tateno

Velvet McIntyre (WWF Women's)

Judy Martin

Leilani Kai

The Fabulous Moolah

Non-Wrestlers

Gene Okerlund

Arnold Skaaland

Blackjack Lanza

Chief Jay Strongbow

Dave Hebner

Gorilla Monsoon

Howard Finkel

Jack Tunney (WWF President)

Jim Korderas

Joey Marella

Ken Resnick

Lord Alfred Hayes

Miss Elizabeth

Paul Boesch

Pedro Morales

Tim White

Tony Garea

Vince McMahon

Bobby Heenan

Danny Davis

Freddie Blassie

Frenchy Martin

Gerald Brisco

Jesse Ventura

Jimmy Hart

Johnny V

King Curtis Iaukea

Mr. Fuji

Pat Patterson

Slick

Terry Garvin

WWF Creative Meeting

Franchise Players:

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Randy Savage

3. Ricky Steamboat

4. Jake Roberts

5. Andre The Giant

Next Big Things:

1. Davey Boy Smith

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Kim Chee

Hot Prospects:

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Leilani Kai

3. Bret Hart

4. Davey Boy Smith

5. Dynamite Kid

Talk the Talk:

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Randy Savage

3. Roddy Piper

4. Jesse Ventura

5. Jake Roberts

Show Stoppers:

1. Ricky Steamboat

2. Randy Savage

3. Jake Roberts

4. Tito Santana

5. Ted DiBiase

Ring Generals:

1. Ricky Steamboat

2. Harley Race

3. Randy Savage

4. Ted DiBiase

5. Jake Roberts

Who's Hot:

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Jake Roberts

3. Randy Savage

4. Ricky Steamboat

5. Hercules

Who's Not:

1. Omar Atlas

2. S.D. Jones

3. Siva Ali

4. Lanny Poffo

5. Tiger Chung Lee

Time Decline:

1. The Fabulous Moolah

2. The Crusher

3. Paul Ordnorff

4. S.D Jones

Hidden Gems:

1. Art Barr

2. Savio Vega

3. Rick Steiner

4. Tammy Jones

5. Johnny Ace

Quote:
Prediction Scores (26 Pts Total)

The Big Event Scores (26 Pts Possible)

1. Smasher1311 - 16 Pts

1. Beejus - 16 Pts

2. James The Animator - 13 Pts

2. RyanR93WKU - 13 Pts

3. ElectricX - 11 Pts

Overall Scores

1. Beejus - 40 Pts

2. Smasher1311 - 34 Pts

3. James The Animator - 31 Pts

4. RyanR93WKU - 26 Pts

5. The Final Countdown - 17 Pts

6. Lucas Gaule - 15 Pts

7. bonnie - 13 Pts

8. ElectricX - 11 Pts

The first set of shows will be posted tomorrow. I was originally going to post Superstars today but figured it be best to keep the sets going. Instead of Superstars being listed as April 30th, it will be listed as a taped episode for May 7th. This is so that dates flow well with the in-game time engine. Sorry for no show, I guranteed one tomorrow! Another set will be posted Monday.

Last edited by 123Kidd : 06-17-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Unread 03-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Rookie

WWF Superstars of Wrestling #9

Taped: April 30th, 1987

Aired: May 7th, 1987

From the Valley Ice Garden in Bozeman, Montana

Attendance: 3,500 (Sold-Out!)

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura

Quote:

A short tribute video is shown to the audience showcasing the life and career of Bruno Sammartino, who sadly passed away Monday night at the age of 51. The video showcases his 2 reigns with the WWF World Heavyweight Championship and gave detail into his connection of Madison Square Garden. The video ends with a shot of Bruno Sammartino at WWF’s The Big Event in MSG. In what would be his last Madison Square Garden, Sammartino would pass away the next night…

After the video is shown, Vince McMahon enters the middle of the ring and gives out a heartfelt speech to the audience on how Bruno Sammartino’s career was a big reason for the rise of the World Wrestling Federation. McMahon added that there would never be another Bruno Sammartino. McMahon ends his speech by giving his thoughts and prayers to Sammartino's family.

Quote:

We’re taken backstage, to where Bobby Heenan expresses his frusturations with Paul Orndorff betraying The Heenan Family and helping Hogan defeat King Kong Bundy. Heenan adds that Orndorff is going to learn his lesson tonight.

Bobby Heenan: “You think you pulled one on us Mr. Wonderful, but the jokes on you! A men should know when to never betray his family! However, Paul Orndorff doesn’t seem to know that. Orndorff only cared about himself, he’s selfish and now he’s trying to get involved in the spotlight. Paul, you were never picked by me to defeat Hogan, because you didn’t strive in the spotlight before. Tonight, King Kong Bundy is going to get his revenge and explain to you why your not worthy of being in the spotlight.”

Quote:

The viewers at home are welcomed by the announce team of Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura. McMahon opens the show by saying he has breaking news regarding the WWF World Tag Team Championships. McMahon announces that WWF President, Jack Tunney, has made the decision to announce an 8-men tag team tournament to crown a new #1 contender team. McMahon lists the following teams into the mix.

• The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau)

• The Dream Team (Brutus Beefcake & Greg Valentine)

• The Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel & Tom Zenk)

• Bob Orton & Magnificent Muraco

• The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika)

• The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid)

• The Rock ‘N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)

• Demolition (Demolition Ax & Demolition Smash)

Regarding The British Bulldogs, due to them losing against The Hart Foundation, if they so happen win this tournament, The Hart Foundation must accept their challenge. If declined, The Hart Foundation takes the night off. Jesse Ventura informs the audience that coming up next it is the Can-Am Connection versus Bob Orton & Magnificent Muraco.

Quote:
1st Round #1 Contender WWF World Tag Team Tournament

Normal, Singles Match

Can-Am Connection Vs. Bob Orton Jr. & Magnificent Muraco

Both teams knew that if any moment was the right time to go from nothing to something, it would be this one. Orton and Muraco haven’t teamed much as of late, so the lack of chemistry was clear. Rick Martel and Tom Zenk worked excellent together and showed why they could be the team on the rise. They pulled off a tremendous win once Rick Martel performed a Boston Crab on Muraco and made him tap out.

Winners: The Can-Am Connection

Match Time: 5:01

Finish: Rick Martel’s Boston Crab on Magnificent Muraco leads to Submission.

Quote:

Backstage, Slick informs viewers in attendance and watching at home, that his client, Butch Reed, deserves a rematch. Slick reminds everyone that nobody can withstand his client’s power and therefore, he should receive another title match. Reed interupts his manager, and takes the microphone. Reed looks into the camera and sends a clear message to the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Ricky Steamboat.

Butch Reed: “You think your better than me, punk! You think you’re just going to fly away like the dragon you are and forget about me? It doesn’t work that way, cause this isn’t over until I say its over.”

Quote:
WWF World Television Championship

Normal, Singles Match

Brad Rheingans Vs. Hercules (c) (/w Bobby Heenan)

Brad Rheingans looked to make more than a name for himself tonight, when he took on the opportunity to accept Hercule’s open challenge. Hercules was more dominant than ever, showing he’s only getting better from this point. He dominated Rheingans with ease and ended the match with the Full Nelson in less than 5 minutes.

Winner: Hercules

Defence: #3

Match Time: 3:49

Finish: Hercules’ Full Nelson on Brad Rheingans leads to Submission.

Quote:

WWF President, Jack Tunney, makes his way to the ring and discusses the fall-out of the #1 contender WWF Intercontinental Championship match between Jake Roberts and Randy Savage. Tunney agrees that the ending left a sour taste in his mouth. He adds that in order to make this up for the fans, there will be a 4-men tournament to determine the next #1 contender. Tunney finishes by saying the first match features Jake Roberts facing off against Butch Reed and that it begins next!

Quote:
Winner Advances To #1 Contender Match Next Week

Normal, Singles Match

Jake Roberts Vs. Butch Reed (/w Slick)

Both men made it no secret that they deserve a match / rematch against Ricky Steamboat. Reed and Roberts went at each other determined to be the winner. Both executed well on the offensive end, with Reed displaying more power. Roberts really carried Reed in this one, helping him execute well on throughout the match. Roberts hit a DDT late in the match and was thought to have won, until Reed’s hand touched the rope. Afterwards, Roberts looked determined to finish Reed off with another DDT. The attempt failed once this men arrived…

Randy Savage came down the ramp and began to taunt Jake Roberts, who began to taunt Savage back. As both men exchanged words, Reed took advantage and delivered some strong elbow smashes on Roberts neck. After dishing out a fair bit of punishment, Reed finished Roberts off with the Gorilla Press Slam.

Winner: Butch Reed

Match Time: 8:47

Finish: Gorilla Press Slam by Butch Reed leads to Pin

Quote:

After realizing that Randy Savage costed him his match against Butch Reed, Jake Roberts went after Randy Savage and the two began to brawl once more. The audience were very much into it, as they received a lot of cheers. WWF officials eventually ended up seperating them both before any real damage could be done.

Quote:

Backstage, Gene Okerlund interviews Paul Orndorff on whether or not Sunday’s Big Event, marked his departure from The Heenan Family. Orndorff explains that he doesn’t have much time left before he has to hang up the boots. Orndorff claims that if Bobby Heenan cannot grant him opportunities, than he’ll grant himself opportunities. Orndorff finishes by stating that tonight, he’ll defeat the men who Heenan thought would have defeated Hulk Hogan.

Paul Orndorff: “My actions at The Big Event can speak for itself. When I joined The Heenan Family, I was promised championships and most of all, the spotlight. I haven’t received that and now, Mr. Wonderful is out looking for a fight. I’m here to steal the spotlight! So Bobby Heenan, bring on that gigantic kong kong giant of yours! Because I’m going to show you exactly why I should have been the men to face Hulk Hogan!”

Quote:
Normal, Singles

Paul Orndorff Vs. King Kong Bundy (/w Bobby Heenan)

Paul Orndorff’s chance to prove himself was right now and all he would have to do is think of a way to overcome King Kong Bundy. Orndorff threw the offense at Bundy, but Bundy’s defense ensured that Orndorff’s strikes just weren’t enough. Bundy began to beatdown Orndorff, just like he did against Hulk Hogan at The Big Event. Orndorff attempted a comeback but it was quickly ruined by Bundy, who continued to dominate Orndorff.

All of a sudden, the fans became loud as soon as they heard Hulk Hogan’s music fill up the arena. The WWF World Heavyweight Champion came out and taunted King Kong Bundy. Bundy became distracted by Hogan and forgot all about Orndorff, who came from behind and seized the upper-hand. Orndorff finished Bundy off with a Piledriver and won the match.

Winner: Paul Orndorff

Match Time: 7:33

Finish: Paul Orndorff’s Piledriver leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Hulk Hogan and Paul Orndorff team together and tosses out King Kong Bundy to the outside of the ring. Both men have a brief staredown, until Bobby Heenan is shown instructing the rest of The Heenan Family members to attack Hogan and Orndorff.

Hercules and King Harley Race go after both men and as they do, they receive a punch to the face. Hogan and Orndorff team together once more and knock both Hercules and Race over the top ropes. Both men stare each other down once again, with neither men taking their eye off each other. The show closes off with Vince McMahon informing the viewers watching at home to not miss next week's Superstars of Wrestling as it will feature King Kong Bundy & Harley Race taking on Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan in a tag team match.

TV Rating: 1.37 (1,029,910 Viewers)

Overall Show Grade:

Quote:

• Jake Roberts believes that Rick Martel doesn’t connect well with the fans and that he should seek employment elswhere.

• Koko B. Ware was seen last night backstage, looking more muscular and the look really makes him out to look really strong.

• Rumors have it that the backstage locker room were feeling the crueling effect of Bruno Sammartino passing away. Many still cannot believe Bruno Sammartino wrestled the night prior to his death against Harley Race in Madison Square Garden.

WWF Wrestling Challenge #9

Taped: May 1st, 1987

Aired: May 8th, 1987

From the Reed Gym in Pocatello, Idaho

Attendance: 2,986

Announce Team: Lord Alfred Hayes & Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Ashley Cartier made her WWF debut tonight against Leilani Kai in a losing effort. Kai finished the match in 4:53. (D-, 37)

The Hart Foundation alongside Jimmy Hart gets interviewed by Jesse Ventura, in which he asks the tag team champions on their thoughts of the tag team tournament. They say that it gives all the teams a chance to face them, just to show up to lose. (B-, 73)

The team of Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty made their WWF debut together as The Rockers, in which they faced off against Bob Orton and The Magnificent Muraco. The Rockers made a huge statement after achieving a huge win in 5:49. (C+, 66)

“The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase is backstage with the mysterious businessmen by his side. DiBiase claims that he has embarrased Tito Santana in front of everyone, adding that he has now moved on. DiBiase finishes by saying he will be working with his business partner on discussing his next move in the WWF. (C, 60)

Koko B. Ware took on The Honky Tonk Man in this one, in which both men looked to prove their worth. Koko eventually emerged as victorious after delivering a Bird Buster to earn the pinfall in 5:53. (C, 62)

Gene Okerlund is backstage with The Dream Team, Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine, with their manager, Johnny V. Johnny V claims tonight is a big night, as The Dream Team look to make their return here in the WWF World Tag Team Tournament. He adds that The Rougeau Brothers will be an easy win for the Dream Team in the first round tonight. (C, 65)

The Rougeau Brothers and The Dream Team battled it, with both teams displaying how bad they want the title shot opporunity against The Hart Foundation. Greg Valentine closed the door on The Rougeau Brother’s hopes in 6:30 after he performed an Figure Four Leglock to make Raymond Rougeau tap out. (C, 64)

Tensions begin to escalate between Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine, as Beefcake displays his displeasure with Valentine tagging himself in and earning the victory. (C, 64)

Jake Roberts ensures Gene Okerlund backstage that he is far from finished with Randy Savage, after Savage cost him his match against Butch Reed on Superstars of Wrestling. (B+, 85)

The Russian Alliance made their presence felt once again, as The Iron Sheik dominated Billy Jack Haynes in the main event. Haynes put up a fight but he would soon fall to defeat in 5:33 once Sheik performed the Boston Crab to earn the submission. (B-, 74)

After the match had ended, The Russian Alliance gathered together under Ivan Koloff, as he instructed them to attack Billy Jack Haynes. After they delivered the beatdown, Haynes was raised up by Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik, as Nikita Koloff wrapped his gigantic chain around his fist and blasted Haynes in the face. The Russian Alliance stood over Haynes and declared their dominance by raising one fist up in the air. (B+, 83)

TV Rating: 0.49 (369,180 Viewers)

Show Overall Grade:

Quote:

• N/A

This Week's News

04/27: Many have wondered exactly what happened to Adrian Adonis after his infamous moment at WrestleMania 3, when Roddy Piper shaved his head. Well, we may just now be getting the answers about his whereabouts. Apparently, WWF management want to keep him but sources claim they don't know what to do with him. Right now might be their final chance of keeping him though, as American Wrestling Association and Jim Crockett Promotions have recently made big offers in hopes of landing Adonis.

04/28: In sad news, the wrestling world lost another family member last night, when it was announced today that the Hall of Immortals inductee, Bruno Sammartino, has passed away. Sammartino was only 51 years old and had just competed at WWF's The Big Event this past Sunday. Sammartino is widely known as the longest reigning WWF World Heavyweight Champion, while also for his appearences at the Madison Square Garden. Before his death, Sammartino had one last dance in the square circle. He wrestled Harley Race, a match that some fans have said is a dream match. Due to the fact that Sammartino's death was one night after his match, the people of the press are attempting to write a story on this. Several news media stations are claiming the match has probable cause to Sammartino's death and claim the sport to be 'too dangerous'.

04/29: Mike Rotundo and Wife, Stephanie, the daughter of wrestler Blackjack Mulligan are proud parents today, giving birth to their first son, Windham Rotunda. Named after his uncle Barry Windham, it seems professional wrestling is already calling the new born.

04/30: As news broke about Mike Rotundo's new baby, many began to say that Rotundo has just recently signed a written deal contract with the World Wrestling Federation. The former two-time WWF World Tag Team Champion made his return this past Sunday, in which he arrived in as a tax businessmen and assisted in helping Ted DiBiase defeat Tito Santana.

Finally getting back on track with this dynasty, apologize for the wait. Things will begin to pick up though to make up for the wait, as I'll be releasing the 2nd week of shows Monday and the 3rd week by either Wednesday or Thursday. Than I'm going to do my best to get the PPV finished and posted on Sunday.

Originally I was going to just post Superstars since it was set for April 30th, Unfortunately, If I go with April 30th, my PPV schedule will get mess up and would make Summerslam land on like August 10th. So to fix this problem, this first set will be listed as "taped". Also, I find going with this method will help keep up with the game's weeks engine.

Anyways, other than that, I have to share my thoughts on Bruno Sammartino. I was beyond shocked when I received the news after the PPV. Im glad to have executed the Race/Sammartino match. I had big plans for Sammartino's final run involving a big royal rumble match against Hulk Hogan. Dream match for sure in golden age.

Last edited by 123Kidd : 03-03-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 03-04-2018, 06:06 AM
Rookie

I knew I had forgot something! I forgot to post the Prediction Scoreboard. Below you will see it but that it will also be on the April Wrap-Up too.

Quote:
Prediction Scores (26 Pts Total)

The Big Event Scores (26 Pts Possible)

1. Smasher1311 - 16 Pts

1. Beejus - 16 Pts

2. James The Animator - 13 Pts

2. RyanR93WKU - 13 Pts

3. ElectricX - 11 Pts

Overall Scores

1. Beejus - 40 Pts

2. Smasher1311 - 34 Pts

3. James The Animator - 31 Pts

4. RyanR93WKU - 26 Pts

5. The Final Countdown - 17 Pts

6. Lucas Gaule - 15 Pts

7. bonnie - 13 Pts

8. ElectricX - 11 Pts
Unread 03-04-2018, 11:08 AM
All Star

Sucks for sure about Bruno, but the show must go on, I guess. Butch Reed is pretty over, eh?
Unread 03-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher1311 View Post
Sucks for sure about Bruno, but the show must go on, I guess. Butch Reed is pretty over, eh?
I originally didn't have a plan for Butch Reed until I got to WrestleMania. Truthfully, Reed was only meant to be a one and done for Steamboat. Then out of nowhere, Reed gets this new body size that boosted his star quality and now he's performing better and better. Definitely one of my top 5 heels in this game right now. His popularity is also really getting over as well.
Unread 03-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Hey everyone, I apologize for the lack of update on this dynasty. I had high hopes of getting Superstars and Challenge posted Monday but now it's Friday. A lot of unpredictable stuff happened to me this week that really turned my focus away from this project. The good news though, is that it's all out of the way. I will be posting that set of shows which was suppose to be posted Monday, sometime today. I will be working hard to get another set out by Monday The Free for All PPV will be posted for sure ASAP next week. Thank you for patience and I will make it up to you all.
Unread 03-09-2018, 10:57 AM
All Star

Hey man, no need to worry. You've been consistent and creative, at least I will be here until the end.
Unread 03-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Low Minors

I hate that Bruno passed away in your dynasty. I hope he doesn't croak in mine as I have plans for him. Maybe we will see the Bruno Sammartino memorial show or tournament to honor him.