Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Super Star

Default [C-Verse 2005] CGC: Canada's Best

Canada's Best
Introduction

Hello everybody, I'm DaveFan and welcome to my C-Verse 2005 CGC diary. If you haven't heard of me, I've been on the board for awhile and had a few projects over the last two games, some that worked out, some that didn't. I had two large projects going before Christmas (DAVE and CGC 2016) that I was very proud of but due to computer issues I lost the saves and had to start all over with a new one but that never really came to fruition and I left the boards for awhile. However, after what seemed like a very long hiatus, I'm back and ready to write. Feel free to check out any of my old projects as they will be similar in structure/format to this one and to get a sneak peak at my writing style. So, without going on and on, time to get down to business.

Why CGC? Why 2005?

I had this in my last CGC project as well, but this time it's different. CGC to me has a very special place in my heart, especially after my 2016 diary with them. I loved writing that diary. I didn't care about grades as much, all I wanted to do was create stories and narratives and it was so refreshing in a game where mechanics and grading are so important, I didn't actually care about them. All I wanted to do was write about the characters and backstories and characters interacting with each other and I loved every single minute of it and despite it's short lifespan, I was very, very proud of it.

Then I went back and read a diary favourite of mine, you might have heard of it, it's called CGC: Road to the Show written by Self. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do so because it is excellent. Anyway, I was reading Self's work and I was not comparing the two (because if I did, I would be so, so far below it wouldn't even be funny) but what i did look at was the product, the characters on display and I realised I had failed with my 2016 diary.

CGC is a very goofy, soap opera, fantasy, entertaining product and looking at Self's work, you can see that. He has magical potions, muscular nerds, sparkling vampires, a Canadian Luchador, fortune tellers, just so many goofy but excellent gimmicks that interacted with each other and made magic. However, when I was looking back over my diary, it was so much more real or plausable, in the world of wrestling. I had a gritty tweener trying to prove himself, a rebellious youngster trying to get one up on his boss, a love triangle with an illegitimate son, all of which I thought was very good, but it wasn't what CGC was about. Sure, it had it's moments and I am very proud of it, and I'm not saying that this can't be what CGC is but it wasn't what I set out for it to be. I wanted it to be wacky and goofy not a realistic soap opera. So, that's why I failed. I didn't fulfill what I wanted to and that is why I am back again to try and right the wrongs and create the CGC I wanted to in the first place.

With that I mind, I wanted to start a new diary with CGC. However, I didn't want to do 2016 again, not 2013, Self has that covered. So it was 2005, 2007 or 2010. 2010 had no Steve, so I ruled that out and decided that everybody is younger in 2005 so let's go with that. Thanks to Nightshadeex and Stennick for making the mod

And so, that's why I'm here again, let's hope this time I do what I set out to achieve.

Company and Roster Analysis

Due to the change in the games between 2005 and 2016, in the 2005 data you start with six spaces needed to be filled on the roster or you'll incur penalties. That's not the biggest deal but in 2005, CGC really doesn't need this huge roster so in truth, I wouldn't need these workers but I'm going to have to bring some in. Steve DeColt starts as our figurehead, but in truth all the DeColts are the star of the show. George DeColt is still around in this game, which is cool, not sure how I'll use him though. Ricky is only 21 and nowhere near the pop his brothers are at so, he'll have to be built up. The OG Elite are present with Chandler, DaLay and Maverick. You also start with no PPV deal so I have signed one with U-Demand Canada. Another thing is the belts are weird, John Maverick is the world champion and Eddie Chandler is the Canadian, which seems weird to me. However, overall, this seems pretty good to me. One thing I have done is create another company called Canadian Silver Combat (Get it) to act as a child company as sorts. However, I don't actually have it down as such I just have it as it's own company but some CGC workers who are low on the card or have nothing to do will head down there and work so they can get better and get more popular.

Anyway, predictions might be up in the next week or so depends on how fast I get on making storylines. Thanks for reading.
Unread 05-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Minor League

Awesome, you know I love DAVE! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got
Unread 05-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Rookie

I tend to lurk more than post...and wasn't really around much for your last CGC Diary but I did get around to binge reading your CGC so I very much look forward to reading this..especially with my own, although 2016 game going on and the recent discussions in the CGC thread.

Early 2005 ie before Steve leaves seems like an interesting time..I'm not too familiar with the exact roster but just the idea of all The DeColts possibly in their primes is an exciting thought.
Unread 05-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Super Star

CGC Title Bout Wrestling Episode 1 Predictions.

Nate Johnson v Stunning Stuart (K-Squared)
Ryan Powell v Whippy the Clown
Jack DeColt v ???
Eddie Chandler v Ricky DeColt [non-title]
Unread 05-29-2018, 06:04 PM
All Star

Jack DeColt v ???
Unread 05-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Living Legend

Jack DeColt v ???
Unread 05-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Minor League

Nate Johnson
Ryan Powell
Jack DeColt
Ricky DeColt
Unread 05-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Minor League

Jack DeColt v ???
Unread 05-30-2018, 12:53 AM

CGC Title Bout Wrestling Episode 1 Predictions.

Jack DeColt v ???

Definitely a dodgy finish on that main event.
Unread 05-30-2018, 08:03 AM
Super Star

CGC Title Bout Wrestling
Victoria Royal Athletic Park, British Columbia
10,000 SELLOUT!!!
1.25 (940,950)

Turner: It's just a few weeks from Chamber of Horrors and tonight, we set up the big showdowns next week. As the four competitors who will join John Maverick in that Chamber.
Ross: Does it matter? He's a machine he'll beat anybody.

The DeColts begin the show as usual, Steve, Jack and Alex talking to the people in attendance.

Steve
WELCOME TO DECOLT COUNTRY!!!!!!!! We’re out here for one reason, DeColt fans, and that is to address The Elite.

Jack
That’s right and we’re here to announce that at the Chamber of Horrors, we can confirm that the Chamber of Horrors match WILL return once again!

Alex
Yes. We know what your weakness are Elite. We know how to beat you and you can bet, my brothers and I will come up with the perfect plan to dismantle you and find a way to bring the CGC Title back to where it belongs.

Steve
Alex is right. We are together, we are a unit. You are just three men thrown together. We are like cogs in a clock we work together to make everything work and we know that you know this.

Alex
So don’t you just expect “Same old” DeColts. Oh no, we are going to be bring you something brand new to beat you.

Jack
Yeah, I’ll be all hyped up, they’ll be hyped up too. We know we’ll beat you because we are….

All Three
THE DECOLTS!!!!!! CANADA’S BEST!!!!!!!

Rating: B-

v
Nate Johnson (D-) v Stunning Stuart (E-)

A simple match between these two. Stuart seems more interested in the women in the crowd than fighting Nate and he pays for it. A Natural Order later and that's it.

Winner: Nate Johnson
Rating: E

Wearing a brand new suit, Ryan Powell seems to be waiting for somebody when George DeColt comes walking by.

Powell
Hello Mr. DeColt. What do you think of my new suit, Sir?

George
Very Snazzy Ryan. Where did you get it?

Powell
Being saving up for awhile, Sir. It's got a future world champion feel about it doesn’t it?

George
Yes, it certainly does.

Powell
Thank you Sir. Anyway, now I’m here anything you need? Some coffee maybe?

George
Yes, actually thank you.

Powell
I’ll drop it to your office.

George nods and smiles at Powell and walks away, semi confused looking as he walks away. Powell then smirks evilly.

Powell
Heh, heh, heh. That’s it Ryan, you’re one step closer to that world title.

Rating: B-

v
Ryan Powell (D) v Whippy the Clown (D)

Powell and Whippy have a very competitive match. Whippy starts by making balloon animals for his fans and the kids in the crowd. Powell is more down to business being vicious in his attacks. Whippy does use his balloon animals as a distraction though, but it isn't enough. A Star Treatment puts Whippy away.
Winner: Ryan Powell
Rating: D

Backstage, Marie is at the catering desk as she holds a bowl of fruit. Suddenly, she hears.

???
Hey baby, wanna share a bowl of fruit?

Marie turns around and only sees one person around. Thomas Morgan is standing across the way, keeping to himself.

???
Yeah, that’s right baby, why don’t you come over here and give me some sugar.

Marie scanning the room can’t see anybody speaking, Morgan’s mouth never moved.

At that point, Morgan brings a puppet out from behind him. Marie stares at the puppet who is making eye contact with her.

Puppet
Yeah, that’s right baby. I’m talking to you. Come on let me show you a good time.

Again, Morgan’s mouth never moves as Maris is shocked at the puppets comments.

Puppet
Yeah, I’m smooth baby, I wanna love you. I wanna kiss you and….

It’s at this moment when Jack DeColt shows up behind Morgan, unbeknownst to him. Marie smirks a little as she begins to point behind him. Morgan turns around. Jack, doing his best to keep his anger under wraps.

Jack
I’ll….. See you…… in the ring.

Morgan
But it wasn’t me, I didn’t….

Jack and Marie walk away as Morgan’s defense is falling on deaf ears.

Morgan
Stupid puppet.

Rating: B

w/v
Hotstuff Marie w/ Jack DeColt (B) v Thomas Morgan(D+)

It doesn't take Jack long to really put his anger on display. Destroying Morgan from the opening bell, Morgan begging for Mercy. However, it doesn't work and eventually Jack shows some mercy locking in the End of Days.
Winner: Jack DeColt
Rating: C-

Backstage, Ricky DeColt is getting ready for his match, reading some detailed notes about Eddie Chandler’s styles. Seems to be Alex’ writing. Then Delicious Danny comes up to him.

Danny
What up Ricky, man, Stu and I had a wild night last night, I got with this girl she was fiiiiine and--

Ricky
That sounds great Danny, but I gotta concentrate on my match. Dad says so.

Danny
Ugh, bummer dude. Anyway, I can tell you about her later, we go for a few beers with Stu. Chill out, get some skirt. Oh yeah, you know what I’m talking about.

Ricky
I’d love to bro, but we got a family meeting tonight.

Danny
Aw come on man, I need a wingman…

Ricky
You do? By what you’ve told me, you’ve been doing pretty well.

Danny
Well, yeah, um, of course I am, but we bros man, you always gon’ be my dude. C’mooooon, even just a few.

Ricky
No can do, maybe another night.

Ricky smiles at his friend in an apologetic way and walks off. Danny nods but seems disappointed

Rating: D+

w/v
Adrian Garcia w/ Eddie Chandler (B-) v Ricky DeColt (D+)

Ricky begins hot but eventually, Eddie comes back into it. He keeps control for awhile screaming "FAAAAAAAAAABULOUS" after big time moves, but the DeColt fire is there for Ricky as he begins to come back. It is then we see Garcia call down the cavalry and Ricky is distracted. Fabulous Stretch! Ricky Taps.
Winner: Eddie Chandler
Rating: C-

With the Elite already out there, they lay the boots on Ricky. Garcia is shouting instructions as they look to hurt the youngest of the DeColts. Alex, Steve and Jack don’t waste time in helping their brother and the Elite quickly flee as they are outnumbered but the damage may have been done already. The Elite slink away with Eddie Chandler smirking and DaLay and Maverick looking menacing beside him.

Rating: C+

Show Rating: C-

Last edited by DAVEFAN95 : 05-30-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Unread 05-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Super Star

Wow, it's tough only having an hour for TV. I won't change it though, it gives me less to fill in and although I had the 90 minutes in 2016, boy, this roster is so shallow on the face side. It's literally The DeColts and that it. There's nobody else. I really need to build a few midcard faces.

Bit of a slow start for the diary, but it had a few goofy bits. Thomas Morgan is somebody, I'm especially fond of, his gimmick is great. I only have two shows to build up to Chamber of Horrors so introducing certain characters and their traits was far more important than creating interesting feuds off the bat. That being said as more time passes and I get the TV show time limit down and stories begin to emerge, it'll become a lot more goofy and fun, I promise. Also, I have had this written up for a few days and after a decent return on predictions I put the show up a day early as I really wanted to get this under way. Don't expect shows to be so quick in the future though, I'll try and give people time to predict.

Anyway, tell me what you thought, what you liked/didn't like etc, I'm all for creative criticism.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling Episode 2 Predictions.

Alex DeColt v Thomas Morgan [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match]
Jack DeColt v ??? [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match]
Dan DaLay v Ricky DeColt [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match]
Ryan Powell v Steve DeColt [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match]
Unread 05-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Major League

#Push the Puppet
Unread 05-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Low Minors

Ryan Powell v Steve DeColt [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match

Probably later i will post another post, with all the comments, right now im busy with college but i didnt wanted to miss another prediction.
Unread 05-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Living Legend

Ryan Powell v Steve DeColt [Chamber of Horrors Qualifying match]

The puppet is over brother!
Unread 05-31-2018, 09:25 PM
All Star