Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-24-2019, 11:05 AM
Minor League

This narrative occurs at the start of the game.
Narratives

WLW Goes National

As we begin a new decade, big news has been declared in Japan. WLW, the company well known for being a part of the Modern Japan Movement, just became a national sized company and is rivaling PGHW and BHOTWG. While not as popular as either company, it has a great set of stars who look to be Japan's next icons. In response, BHOTWG quickly declared war on WLW, while PGHW has entered into a non-agression pact with WLW. There are rumors WLW and PGHW will unite to take on BHOTWG, but it's unknown whether this will happen. In response to the war, Modern Japan member GCG, who is a cult sized company, have stated they can't wait to help WLW fight BHOTWG.

This narrative occurs in February 2020.
Narratives

Total Revolution Wrestling

Last March, Mark Carnie sold Scottish National Promotions and went off the grid. For months, fans assumed he'd left the business entirely. However, an opportunist like Carnie wouldn't pass up the potential of more money. After the West Coast Wars began in October, Carnie traveled to California and began setting up a new promotion. Hyping it on social media, Carnie announced earlier today that he was opening Total Revolution Wrestling, and is declaring war on IPW, GSW, and ELITE. Using the money he obtained from selling SNP, Carnie intends to hire talent from the competition, along with other wrestlers. Whether Carnie will succeed or not has yet to be seen, but the one thing for certain is that Carnie will move on one day and find another opportunity.

The Young Lions

Blue Wolf

Debuting in September 2018, Blue Wolf is a graduate of the WWA: Mexico school. A bulky wrestler who uses a technician style, Wolf made an impact when he hit the Mexican Indie Circuit, and would soon catch the eye of Extraordinario Jr, who recommended him to Phoenix I, owner of OLLIE. OLLIE hired Blue Wolf in January 2019, and Extraordinario Jr quickly took the youngster under his wing. Throughout 2019, Wolf had a series of excellent matches with other youngsters, including Felipe Caballero, El Mitico Jr, and even Phoenix IV. Though Wolf hasn't on any titles yet, it's obvious that Phoenix I looks at him as a kid with a lot of potential, who can make his mask legendary in Mexico, so it wouldn't be shocking to see him win a title before the year is out.
Unread 07-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Minor League

Promos

At Supreme Challenge 35, Angry Gilmore would beat Rogue to become the SWF World Heavyweight Champion for the first time. However, his reign only lasted five months. In December, he would be crushed by Remo. Despite a valiant effort, he lost to Remo in 5 measly minutes. He would chase after the title, with Rogue also demanding a title match. He won the belt back from Remo in May 2016. He defended it the following month against Rogue, and showed some brutal hard-hitting fighting in the match. He was then set for a match against Remo at Supreme Challenge 36. On the episode of Supreme TV, Gilmore made the following promo.

"So, this time last year I was set to face Rogue, the man who I just beat, for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship at Supreme Challenge. You see, I knew I could win that title, and I did, but then, something happened. Remo happened. You see, Remo beat me in only 5 minutes at Christmas Clash. Now, it isn't the fact that I lost that angers me. It's the fact that we had a match, for five measly minutes."

"I didn't want that match to last five minutes. I wanted it to last twenty five minutes, and the reason why I wanted it to last so long is because I am not a sports entertainer. I am a wrestler. I have always been a wrestler. When Jack Bruce was rocking his mind out in sports entertainment, I was in Japan, wrestling matches that could go for over thirty minutes, with other wrestlers, for some pretty valuable championships."

"When I was in Japan, sports entertainers like Christian Faith were fighting bouts thought of as classic. However, the only reason people think of those matches as classic is because a wrestler competed in those bouts, and that wrestler was Sam Keith. Sam Keith was just like me. He'd wrestled all over the world before coming to SWF, where he was relegated to being a sports entertainer. When I came into this company, one of my earliest matches involved fighting a lobster for a title. A LOBSTER! I also fought a dead guy, and a fake redneck, and some egomaniac, who, by the way, I later teamed up with, except when I teamed with him, he'd become a rich egomaniac."

"I was in midcard madness for over ten years before this company gave me a title shot, and the only reason they even gave me one is because they'd lost all of their best sports entertainers. Well now, I'm not going to let them win. I will never let another sports entertainer win this title again."

"So at Supreme Challenge, Remo, you might as well just give up, because you can't beat puroresu. You can't beat a former champion of junior heavyweight wrestling, because you're nothing more than a sports entertainer."

The promo shown is just a way to let people know what was going on between 2016 and 2019. It's a bit more interesting than simply reading "Angry Gilmore changed his name to Tom Gilmore and started fighting sports entertainment in 2016." I previously showcased this with the Jack Bruce and Spencer Spade confrontation, which occurred at the end of 2019.

Last edited by Steven James : 07-28-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 07-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Super Star

Brilliant post, love the promo and the extra detail, if you have time to do more of these, please do!
Unread 07-28-2019, 05:37 PM
Living Legend

The ironic part is thatís a sports entertainment type promo
Unread 07-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
The ironic part is thatís a sports entertainment type promo
Lol. Well it was a worked shoot in SWF. Not like Richard Eisen was gonna let him do anything different.
Unread 07-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Rookie

What is the release date of this mod? I figured tew20 would be in December like past games but now it looks like spring or early summer
Unread 07-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool name View Post
What is the release date of this mod? I figured tew20 would be in December like past games but now it looks like spring or early summer
Since TEW 2020 won't be coming out, I'm hoping to be able to release the mod somewhere around the end of this year. I still need to finish reassigning contracts (which is going smoothly), and updating some other things. While most of the cosmetic stuff isn't important, skill editing is. 4 years is quite a while, so a lot of people would have some drastically different skills.

I'm hoping to find out some mathematical formula for skill editing, because I don't want to under-edit a skill and end up making a guy to weak, or over-editing a skill and making him to strong. If it were released without any skills edited, it'd no longer be realistic in that sense, and though it'd be playable, everyone would end up having the same skills they do in the default database.

So right now I can't pinpoint exactly when, but it'll hopefully be by the start of the new year.
Unread 07-30-2019, 11:57 AM
Minor League

Promos

At TCW The War To Settle The Score 2016, Ricky Dale Johnson would face off against Bryan Vessey in a filler match. After a long 15 minute battle, Ricky looked to have everything wrapped up. RDJ would hit Vessey with the Southern Justice, but as he went for the pinfall, he was pulled out of by Jay Chord. Chord, waiting with a chair, planted RDJ with it and the match ended in a DQ win for RDJ. A beatdown took place, but RDJ finally got the advantage when he moved out of the way of Chord running towards him to hit his head against the steel stairs, resulting in Chord hitting his knee on the stairs. RDJ took control of the fight, ending it with a Leaping Lariat. Two nights later on the first Total Wrestling of March 2016, RDJ called out Chord, and demanded an explanation.

"You fans probably know why I'm out here tonight. I'm out here for the same reason as all of you. I want to know why Jay Chord attacked me and cost me a clean win. So Jay, come on out here, and give us that reason."
Jay Chord enters and stands on the stage
"Ricky, you actually have no idea why I attacked you? Why I nearly beat you and cost you a "clean" victory?" Doesn't the name Chord ring a bell in that big Texan head of yours?"
"Your last name? You mean your family name. What did I ever do to your family?"
Jay begins walking down to the ring
"You didn't do anything to my family. You retired my father. Ten years ago you retired my father and he left the company. My father was the best athlete in the world! He was better than you! He was better than Sam Strong! He is the most legendary wrestler in history, and you decided to just end his career prematurely."
"Now hold your horses Jay, your father was a shell of his former se-"
"Don't you DISRESPECT my father's name! He made this company into what it is today. He's the reason you're standing in that ring. If it wasn't for him, TCW wouldn't exist."
"What do you want Jay? Want me to apologize to your father for carrying him the best match of his career?"
Jay gets into the ring, and stands in front of RDJ, who looks quite a bit taller than him at this angle
"What I want is revenge. And I want that revenge on the biggest stage in wrestling, Total Mayhem twenty. I want a match with you, and I want your career on the line."
"Well Jay, unlike your father, who was in his 50s, I'm in my mid 40s, and still have a few years left in m-"
Jay low-blows Ricky, and viciously assaults him, hitting him with a chair multiple times over RDJ's back
"If you won't put your career on the line, then I promise that I will make you suffer every second until you do. But first, I'm gonna beat all of the old guys in this company to show you what'll happen to you. Bryan Vessey, Joel Bryant, Brent HIll, and anybody else who's 40 or over is going to fall to me, and then I'm coming for you. At Total Mayhem, I will end up your career RDJ, and you will know what it feels like to be retired"
Unread 07-30-2019, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Oh man that was a great segment, I'm hyped
Unread 08-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Minor League

So, I've tried skills editing, and I can't do it to save my live. I've fine-tuned and fine-tuned it again, but it just doesn't work out, and the people I edit end up either be to strong or to weak. Therefore, I have to push the release of the 2020 mod back to the release date of TEW 2020. I had hoped that I could release it sometime before, and take advantage of the extended time until the game's release, so that this mod could be a temporary substitute. However, it seems that I will wait until TEW 2020 comes out, so I can use the auto-ager to change everyone's skills.

Instead, I will continue my work on the RecklessVerse, try to get a release date set, and do that instead until then. The RecklessVerse will release on TEW 2016, and since almost everyone is custom made, skill editing won't have to be a thing I concern myself with.

More promos coming soon.
Unread 08-25-2019, 07:40 AM
Minor League

Promos

USPW experienced a shake-up in March 2019. At the start of the month, Phil Vibert was hired and was made the new head booker of USPW. Vibert. A long-time personality in pro wrestling, Vibert has built up a reputation of being a creative genius and one of the best managers in the history of pro wrestling, having turned DAVE into one of the major companies, then going north to book CGC and try to save the company. After leaving the company he went on a hiatus for five years until returning as the booker and a manager for USPW. His first hire would be Bulldozer Brandon Smith, who he booked to win the USPW National Championship from Roger Cage in his debut match. After winning the belt, Vibert made his first appearance in a wrestling ring in five years, and to the shock of fans, Marat Khoklov and USPW World Champion Steve Frehley were talking out beside him. Vibert then cut this promo to the fans, introducing the stable known as Destruction.

Vibert stands in the ring for several seconds, with Khoklov and Frehley at his side, looking at Smith in front of them, with Roger Cage between them. Smith then stepped over Cage and shook hands with Vibert

"I'm baccccck. You kids in the audience may not know who I am, but I assure you some of the adults do. Ask your parents who I am. They'll tell you that I was the man behind the machine that was DAVE. Danger And Violence Extreme. But I'm not here to talk about a dead company. I'm here to talk about why I am now in USPW."

"I'm here because USPW knows that I am the best executive consultant in the business. My clients have all gone on to do big things. And now, I'm going to be running USPW through these three men. The Russian Menace Marat Khoklov, the USPW World Champion Steve Frehley, AND YOUR NEWWWW, USPW National CHAMPIONNNN, BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITTTTH!"

"These three men are going to be the biggest beasts in all of USPW. We will destroy all of your so-called heroes. James Justice, Rick Law, Jim Force, and most importantly, your six time USPW World Champion, Nicky Champion. We'll destroy all of them, and make good on the name "Destruction". I've got two champions in this company under my guidance, and soon Destruction will contain each championship in this company."

"So kids, you better get ready. Because we don't care about the family friendly image this company tries to maintain. We don't care who your favorite wrestler is. We don't care that you don't like us because we're mean. Every time we're in a ring, things aren't gonna be very PG, when your heroes are lying in a pool of their own blood, because we destroyed them. And if you don't like that, then don't bother watching. Because we're gonna be dominating your TV screen, every single week."