Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Fast Break Pro Basketball 2013 > Fast Break Pro Basketball 2013 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-09-2018, 12:32 AM
Phenom

Default 2006 NBA Draft Lottery

The Kings have the rights to the best chance of getting that 1st pick, will they actually gain it?

No, they will not as The Orlando Magic, the fallen dynasty swoop in to claim the first pick in the 2006 Draft and hopefully look to let Shaq and Penny ride it out so they can claim a new legacy.
Unread 08-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Phenom

Default 2006 NBA Draft

With the 1st round, 1st pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, The Orlando Magic have put the faith and future of their rebuild in Rudy Gay, outta Connecticut. The Young dynamic forward will look to team up with a Aging Shaq and Penny and make Orlando a city of champs again.
Unread 08-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Would've gone with Brandon Roy, myself, but that's just my favoritism shining through. Damn Bibby deserved that MVP for leading the Nuggets to the finals. Too bad they met the juggernaut Bulls LOL
Unread 08-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
Would've gone with Brandon Roy, myself, but that's just my favoritism shining through. Damn Bibby deserved that MVP for leading the Nuggets to the finals. Too bad they met the juggernaut Bulls LOL
Thats the story I think of every one man team, especially in the West. This Bulls team is 35 million in the red and is tossing out contracts on their entire core. I don't think anything but aging will break this team. Agreed on Brandon Roy. This game doesn't take into account career ending injuries as they happened in real life and Gay is gonna take times to become a god scorer while Roy is a great and improving scorer as of now who could have helped Orlando, so poor business there.
Unread 08-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Phenom

Default 2006 Free Agency

Here are your new Los Angeles Clippers for the 2006-2007 NBA Season. We bring back a old face in Ben Wallace as he has passed through the NBA as one of the best NBA Defenders ever and we use him for this current playoff push in the 06-07 Season, We bring in some depth players and a starting SG so we can move Wade hopefully to the forward position and then look for a 2 way Forward in the draft or free agency of next year to pick up.
Unread 08-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Major League

I like the Wallace signing a lot for you...but must admit Boozer would've been a nice third wheel with Wade and CP3.
Unread 08-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
I like the Wallace signing a lot for you...but must admit Boozer would've been a nice third wheel with Wade and CP3.
I wanted Boozer so much. I was really going after him, but I can't compete with max deals similar to people going after my guys in free agency. Hoping to land big men in the draft that I can improve over time and make great.
Unread 08-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Phenom

Default 2006-2007 LA Clippers Roster

Centers:

Andrew Bogut is young big man from the land down under whom I will be giving minutes to based off the bench. He won't play over Wallace or O'Neal due to his skillset being way too raw to do anything other than hinder our progress. He will however gain valuable time off the bench and over the years in order to become that front line rim protector needed in the NBA today.

The returning Face, Ben Wallace seeks to bring back to LA what he gave when he left, that lockdown, rim protector defense that defined our team for a years time. We gave him 4 years and double digit millions, but I suspect Wallace will fulfill his purpose for us over the waning years with those stats.

Power Forwards:

Our starting Power Forward whom we brought over from the Spurs for KG and I have to say, O'Neal has done everything we needed and more. His scoring helps out Dwade and his rebounding has been fantastic.

A backup needed for his defensive skills and the rebounding abilities off the bench.

Small Forwards:

Solid bench starter whom I'm enjoying on the team so far, decent skills.

Similar to above, Backup needed for the bench skills.

Returning backup needed for the skills who has off the bench.

Shooting Guards:

A decent player with some solid scoring that has us in the sights of moving Dwade to the Forward role and having Ronald take over as our permanent SG as for now.

Solid backup guard who fulfills a role of shooting for us.

Our star player and the leader of LA. Dwayne has improved over leaps and bounds the past 3 seasons and I expect him to take that elite level step this and next year beyond for us in order to make us a Finals contender again in the West and contend with the best of the best. Gonna lock him up in Free Agency for a very long time and I think LA will be in very good hands overall.

Point Guards:

Though still young and his skills not maxed out yet, Paul remains a good player for us and a elite level point guard at the level we shall reach when he reaches his peak and Wade is able to feed off him, Think current day Houston Rockets, but not with as many threes being thrown up and relying on our Four to get some buckets as well.

Young backup

Veteran Backup
Unread 08-09-2018, 11:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Don't think DWade as SF will be the long-term solution, but maybe Flip Murray can play both guard positions off the bench in the meantime. I'd think the ideal scenario is to have Bogut develop, maybe trade Wallace for a decent SF, and make a deep run in the playoffs?
Unread 08-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Don't think DWade as SF will be the long-term solution, but maybe Flip Murray can play both guard positions off the bench in the meantime. I'd think the ideal scenario is to have Bogut develop, maybe trade Wallace for a decent SF, and make a deep run in the playoffs?
Its like you are in my mind. As Of Now the plan is to obtain a Small Forward who can defend and score as well. Flip Wallace as soon as he shows signs of getting older and Making sure that Bogut gets better and if not, then we use him as a solid bench player. I think our squad now is playoff ready, id say Conference Semi Finals, Not counting any crazy injuries is the goal.
Unread 08-09-2018, 11:45 PM
Phenom

Default 2006-2007 Season Preview

the New York Knicks march into the 06-07 season to try and take the Atlantic division for themselves and prove that New York is the mecca of the basketball they want it to be. Paul Pierce is the man to lead them and looks like it will once again House the New York Knicks winners.

The Atlanta Hawks are locking down the Southeast as Ginolibi and Johnson look to lead them into the playoffs. The Hawks are a dangerous team for sure.

The Same team year after year, a dynasty for years to come. The Bulls have as stranglehold over the East.

Kobe has a few shots remaining, father Time is catching up and the Grizzles wont last forever.

Nuggets only have a shot because of Bibby, yes you heard that right.

Big Z and AI look to get AI a ring this season.
Unread 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Phenom

Default 2006-2007 Season first Month stats/Standings

We are outta the gate early with a 8-4 record and some positive stats to take away from each player an seeing the hierarchy of the West right now and as the season looks to shake out, I think we can take on really any challenge in the West as a whole. With the team we have right now, we could challenge the best of the best and maybe sneak into the finals this year?

Dwade has to be a all star this year if he keeps this up at this level. I have full confidence in him as a whole and with the team we got behind him, he should find it without problems to win a award in the NBA and maybe even lead us into a deep finals run. Also look at CP3 getting that improvement from last year, looking for those assists to improve by a lot. I'm very happy about this current situation and our probability of winning this divisor are very high and very likely with the superb defense behind us.
Unread 08-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Phenom

Default 2006-2007 Season Second Month stats/Standings

We push ourselves out to second in the pacific with a 17-12 record, just one game below the Suns who are a very good team, so keeping on pace with them must mean something good for us in the future overall. 11-6 in the West this year and that is always good to see, making sure we can win in this very tough conference.

Dwade once again is putting us on his back as CP3 looks to help him shoulder the load. I'm quite happy with O'neals's output on the offensive side because in reality this is who he is now and I had no doubts about it. Wade is doing wonderful from the forward position and has me wondering if it would be a mistake to move him on to Guard after all.
Unread 08-10-2018, 11:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Interesting to see the "Wade as SF" strategy paying off so well. I still think Flip's best in a backup role but I'm glad this season is going well. You deserve a winning season or two after all the crap The Process put you through
Unread 08-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Interesting to see the "Wade as SF" strategy paying off so well. I still think Flip's best in a backup role but I'm glad this season is going well. You deserve a winning season or two after all the crap The Process put you through
I'm guessing he is really using his speed to get past most Small Forwards as of now if I were to guess. I think that a big thing the Process stuff taught me was the value of a good defender and draft pick value and balancing the offensive side of the ball.