Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 06-20-2018, 10:02 AM
All Star

Default Too Many Suggestions

I Apologize in advance for the amount of text involved in this post

Promotion

1. Promotion Growth… Using Positive and negative Momentum, a promotions growth or recession should be based on its momentum

2. With a -10 to +10, if -10 a promotion cannot grow at all but can lose 1.0% popularity for a bad show. On the other end of the spectrum, if a promotion is +10 it can add 1.0% popularity per positive show but not lose any for a bad show.When you get to the middle ground of +/-0, Promotions cannot grow or recede in size.

3. Momentum effects can also affect signing new deals for TV and PPV, the signing of workers to better and longer deals, the prestige of championships and so on.

4. Allow a Re-Launch option which could allow for a larger positive/negative impact on a company's momentum, such as with TNA where it tries to promote a “New Start”. Allow this to be carried out for TV or PPV’s. It can be used as many times as you like with no period of waiting before using again, but just like in real life, the more often you use it, the closer to each time you use it, the less effect it will have. So doing it for a second time just 2-3 months after the first will make it less effective or even negatively hurt the company. But if its a year or two later, it garners more of an impact.

National Battles and Regional Battles

5. In Regional Battles, if a promotion has a Figure Head, they should give a small boost to the end of month results, maybe around a 1-15% buffer depending on the overness and skills of the worker. So having a big star on your roster would help raise its game not just with the in ring product. Something similar to when TNA started with the star power of Jeff Jarrett/Ken Shamrock who without, might have never gained the traction it did.

6. In National Battles, at the moment it's just the top 5 over workers. This somewhat simulates the WCW rise but doesn't count for the way WWF came back. With better shows and botched jibes from WCW, the WWF made a comeback. So although star power played a large part, i feel there should be a small boost for the company with the best show of the month. Like the Regional battles but in reverse. Playing into the momentum suggestion above, maybe allow a feature like “Turning the Tide” where a promotion who has been beaten month after month but gets one good show, they get a small boost of in the battles.

7. Other things to feature into the overall of National/Regional battles to make them feel less linier could be adding in small +/- for Title Prestige. We know how the David Arquette win took a dent to WCW or the huge sway in viewers to Raw to see Mankind win the WWF Title.

8. PPV Prestige, if a promotion has a big PPV on that month it should add a little extra to that months battle score. When WWF WrestleMania was on, im sure WWF was the most talked about show, likewise with the Likes of Starrcade.

9. I know this is all extra coding and a complex math balance, but i seriously think the extra additions would make the feature more dynamic and less just about having the top stars and screw the rest.

Backstage Workings

10. More Detailed House Shows should be implemented. The ability to remove a worker from active competition on a house show, to only allow Mic work. Also match cards with Chemistry feedback. As it stands, if two workers have great chemistry in the real world on a house show, that info is going to get passed back to management. However in TEW it's almost like “If you don't ask, We won't tell” which seems slightly bizarre as house shows are a great way to feedback info. Yes we can select to find out a chemistry result, but why shouldn't this kind of info be fed back to us? Also house shows could and should be used to help train workers more in front of live crowds and help them improve their skills more.

11. Not just Match Chemistry, We all know the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock had amazing Chemistry together on the Mic. Along with Match Chemistry, the addition of Chemistry for angles could be a good addition. In angles where two or more workers are “Talking”, and not being scripted, this should come into play. Creating a small boost or bust to the angle rating.

12. Im sure this has been mentioned, but the addition of Women's Division Pushes

13. Scouting Team, Currently the “Creative Meeting” seems very stale and just based on raw stats with 0 personality or customization. There should be the ability to put together a small team of “Scouts” which may be Road Agent's, Authority Figures, Wrestlers, who can feed back the info. With The Hidden Gems being more tailored to what your team thinks, rather than just the top 5 currently unsigned. So if a workers booking style is more aimed towards pure, they will favour the wrestlers from that style. It will then make it a great balancing act to help find the best. Also putting in workers with bad attitudes might result in heavier bias decisions.

14. I know there is a feature that allows Tag Titles to be swapped between stable members and remain as a continuous reign, however i would like to see a feature that allows a more seamless “Freebird” style of reign. Where once a title is won, you can go into the Title page, go to the said Tag Titles and add “Other Members” to the reign. Allowing for 3-4 different workers to hold the belts and defend without causing any issues/warnings.

15. Inter-gender Tag Titles and Tag Teams, The option as we stand is to have either Male only, Female only or Both, However a fourth should be introduced where it should be double Gender to allow for a male/female tag title. Ok this is only for the AI, but there are a few Indy promotions going down this route.

16. Multiple Managers, This has happened many times over the years, most recently with the likes of J&J Security. Also the ability to have a whole stable or tag team set to a company a worker to the ring.

17. Tournaments, Tournaments, Tournaments!!! This is sooooooo heavily features in the real world climate at the moment that it really needs to be in the game. Ok so we can do it on paper… but how is that a great way to sell it. There should be a way to add single, tag, 3 way, 4 way ect type tournaments, where at the end a title or trophy is in place for the winner. This should then give the winner a boost in proportion to the end prize and in reverse, the winner should affect the rating or the prize. A poor winner lowers it, a deserved popular winner boosts it.

18. The ability to follow the progress of the tournament match booking will also help with this feature.

1. Company Sales, The ability to sell of portions of your company to raise capital at times of need. This simulates the TNA/Impact scenario. It can also allow you to be forced out of “Owner” position into just head booker if need. It also allows for multi layer input from multiple owners on the Production direction and financial decisions of the company. Selling a portion may save you, but dealing with a partner might just hinder you. Partners could be anything from Broadcasters, Sponsors, Workers or other Promotions.

19. Commercial and Sponsorship Management, This has featured before in games from Mr Ryland. The idea of accepting these types of deals is just another layer to funding your promotion. Accepting a deal where they want you to Raise or lower a certain Production Stat maybe an extra Challenge. Having a sponsor like “Playboy” may impact your young viewers and TV deals’/times. Other deals with larger more “Sterile” companies may require you to book less edgy matches and angles. Also whoever you deal with can impact your popularity, momentum and prestige.
You could take a hit in prestige and viewership for extra money when the times are tough.Yes there is already a “Sponsorship” payment in the game, but again it's a less personal way of getting the money. I want all my decisions to impact how i play.

20. Production Impact, This feature was a much welcomed addition TEW 2016 and i would love to see it expanded. This feature should tie into things such as Match Types where if certain levels are not reached, they cant hold matches such as, Cage, Elimination Chamber, Hell in a Cell. All these should have check lists in the match creating menu and replace the current “Promotion Size” limit. This makes more sense as smaller promotions with large cash flows could easily fund the building and construction/transportation of structures.

Contract Changes

21. Controlled PPA Contracts, This is a common occurrence in wrestling that has been going on for years. A company like TNA has control over a workers bookings and is their priority booker. This could work in a number of ways, from just allowing the Controlling company to have them at every show regardless of who else they work for on that night, to actually approving any new deals a worker signs with another company. Agreeing to them with conditions such as…
  • Always puts company over another
  • Takes X% of appearances
  • Can or Cannot be loaned out
  • Must have Push and gimmick the same as Promotion Can Never Lose
  • Work on X amount of matches
22. These could help or hinder any deals and if handled correctly, could help the push of a star
To have a Controlled PPA Contract should come with its downsides, with the contract being more expensive and not everyone wanting to sign them. If one is signed but the worker becomes unhappy with the way your dealing with their contracts, they should also have the ability to “No Compete”.

Cosmetics

23. PNG Images over GIF, the quality level between both and the lack of transparency grades are incomparable. The addition to add GIF was an addition in the right direction, but needs to be changed to allow PNG as it’s a far superior quality of image

TV/Events

24. This seems obvious with the current climate in WWE, but the addition to have Events that last upto 6 hours. With standard events now lasting 4 hours and Wrestlemania lasting over 5, it only seems fitting that it should be added into the next TEW Game.

25. Allow more than 3 Brands to Human Controlled Promotions. With the likes of 205 Live, Smackdown, Raw, WWE UK and so on. This could help bridge the gap between not being able to run Development Promotions (Which needs to happen). Failing this, the ability to set “Divisions” to certain TV and PPV events without the other workers being annoyed at being left off the show. This would more than help the likes of CW Classic, Mae Young Classic, Dusty Rhodes Classic.

26. Pre Booking changes, It would be great if the “Pre Booking” section allowed the editing of a booking, also the ability to add “Mystery” workers like in previous years. It would also b a good idea to allow the full booking of a match, so the ability to add titles, outcomes and so on. ALSO! Pre booking matches should add the hype for upcoming events. The fact this feature was taken out is one of the craziest decisions in my mind and is a huge feature in real life wrestling.
Pre booking could also feature things such as “Promised Appearances” which could add to the hype of an event or TV Show. I know you can add an angle that covers this in a roundabout way. However like how house shows or indy events are currently promoted, the “appearance” of a worker could help sell out a show and boost its Broadcast rating. All i have to say about this is… ALL IN!

27. More Match Types, I think i'm a broken record when it comes to this, but right now the match types are very limited for a “sandbox” game. Why can't we book 7-8-9-11-99 way matches? The real world doesn't have these limits and within reason i don't see why the game does. We have seen plenty of 7-8-9 way matches over the years, including the likes of Money in the Bank. Not to mention the odd numbered battle royales over the years.
The game needs to be able to follow real world and also allow a player to think out of the box

28. Mass TV Tapings, How many times has this been written? Too Many. The addition of booking back to back shows should be a possibility in TEW. This could help overcome the odds when it comes to cost. Allowing Travel to be covered just once which could save 75% on a 4 show setup. The downside would be that the rating for these shows on Broadcasters would be a lot lower and cause slower growth for the company.

29. The above also brings back the feature of Pre Taped disadvantages. Weirdly removed in TEW 2016, the ability to be penalised in the ratings for pre taping a show should be reintroduced. This was instrumental in the WWE/WCW early years War and is a major part of wrestling today. A Pre-taped show on a PPV Network would BOMB! Compared to being live.

30. Injured/Offscreen workers. Workers who are injured should ALWAYS be available for “Entertainment” angles but banned in a role that features “action”.

31. Event Ager Pictures, The Ability to add future pictures for event and “Sub names” to simulate the IYH PPV’s. These features would impact the Historic mods for TEW…

32. Bring Back Export, When going through the history of events, there should be a feature to allow an export to “Word” of the matches, stipulations, wins and so on. This is purely for those who write diaries as i know this would be a great help for them.

Being The Road Agent

33. When booking TEW I feel that in the Big PPV Matches and certain main events that I want to structure the match in certain ways. Maybe a pinfall 30 seconds in and then the match having to be restarted or 2 mins in they fake an injury which caused X, Y and Z to happen leading to them to win after faking to the referee and striking while their back is turned.
All matches can still have their set ratings, but this feature could add to or take away from that rating, by overbooking, booking not making sense or things happening in a poor order. On the plus side you could book the perfect match outcome with a great finish that gets the crowd pumped.
It could also help if you wanted to set out how a 2/3 falls match plays out or even if you want to have a double title match like at WM 2000 where 2 different people won a championship in the same match. Thinking back to WM 2000 it could also help to simulate the real happenings in the Time Limit Hardcore match.
It could also be a case of you have to earn/learn these things. So until you reach level 5 of Creativity in User Talents, the feature of “Personal Road Agent” isn’t available. Then for every point after you can unlock more complex features for the booking of matches. This would be an unlocking system, but thought of as your learning these traits on the job. Also the same “Booking Note” may be increased in effectiveness after each level.

I would like to think of this as less Micromanaging and being more hands on with your main events (Or the whole card if you chose)

Here are a few examples as to my idea
  1. Worker X puts Worker Y through a Table at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  2. Worker X puts Worker Y through the Announce Table at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  3. Worker X and Y tease splitting up at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  4. The Referee is accidently taken out by Worker X at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  5. The Referee is purposely taken out by Worker Y at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  6. The Referee Disqualifies Worker X For... at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  7. Worker X pins Worker Y but the Referee doesn’t see the Pinfall at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
  8. Manager D distracts the referee allowing Worker X to use an illegal weapon on worker Y at ZZ:ZZ time of the match
Down In Development

34. Child/Development Promotion, TEW 2016 added a lot of good features to the table but i could still list so many ways it could be enhanced.
  1. Production Values should be Editable
  2. The Ability to negotiate on behalf of the promotion in TV and PPV deals outside of “Own Network”
  3. Push and Disposition should be editable and “Forced” where needed.
  4. Chemistry feedback should be added to your Promotions “Found Chemistry” page. It seems bizarre that this kind of info is not passed on.
  5. 1 on 1 training should be an option to workers who you want to see improve fast or with a specific skill type. This will take a certain trainer off the rest of the Dev training to focus on 1 worker, which could hinder the rest of the development of a worker but improve on faster. I could also help pass on certain skills, such as using the Likes of William Regal for Technical or Steve Austin for Entertainment or Brawling.
  6. Ability to edit Announcers
  7. Creative Meeting, where workers who want or think they should be called up are listed. Also where trainers can tell you if a worker is not improving, Should be cut due to not having much potential or if they would be better in Tag Teams and so on.
  8. Ability to Add Stables
  9. The ability to “Pre Book” matches for upcoming events and Chose a Winner/Loser which is helpful for getting a worker to lose a title before a call up, without the title being Vacated. It could also be used as a way to get a worker more Momentum/Popularity.
  10. The Obvious one… The Ability to Run and Book a Development Promotion but not a Child Promotion. Child Companies are reliant on the Parent, Dev’s are individual and handle their own rosters, this should allow others to come in and book, with the parent controlling the Purse Strings and Call ups, This could be in the same way workers retire, where you can ask for them to stay a while longer or get given a 1-3 months notice of a call up.
Unread 07-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Rookie

I like to add
- Number one contender-ship match and holder.
Unread 07-10-2018, 11:45 AM
All Star

I like the suggestions, but some should be optional, like for example, the pre-booking adding hype, that was removed in the first place to streamline the game, make it more user friendly and beginners friendly.
Unread 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
I like the suggestions, but some should be optional, like for example, the pre-booking adding hype, that was removed in the first place to streamline the game, make it more user friendly and beginners friendly.
Agreed, especially on pre-booking adding hype. If it was going to be like how it was in 2010, then I'd rather not have it return as no matter what, it seemed like the heat of the pre-booking was on a downward spiral. It's been ages since I fired up 2010, but didn't the heat die down between shows with the off days?

Now if it worked like how storyline heat works now, where it goes up or down depending on the grade of the segments, then I would definitely be on board with that.
Unread 07-11-2018, 01:19 PM
All Star

The pre-booking hype was a chore... Having to pre-book every single show was just not fun. It should be so it is optional, but those matches that are pre-booked could let to higher attendances, tv-viewers and such. But it most certainly still should be optional.

I only pre-book my PPV's, and I have no interest in pre-booking every single A- and B-show.
Unread 07-11-2018, 06:28 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungner View Post
The pre-booking hype was a chore... Having to pre-book every single show was just not fun. It should be so it is optional, but those matches that are pre-booked could let to higher attendances, tv-viewers and such. But it most certainly still should be optional.

I only pre-book my PPV's, and I have no interest in pre-booking every single A- and B-show.
I completely agree. I would not be interested in a game that had this feature unless it was optional. It was a chore. And too much work for little profit. To me, the game doing some things automatically, like that one, is fine and even for the best. I have nothing against the feature returning if all the things encompassed in said feature are completely optional.
Unread 07-11-2018, 09:54 PM

I personally like an idea that you can prebook with notes. With booking the winners before you get to the show to make it a million times easier. The things that shouldn't be on it could be time, announcers, and ref. I would think that if theres a RA assigned to it who has the notes on it, their behavior can effect the match and depending on how good their respect is, can help give it a lot more positive results.

However with the others I think this should also be optional, a detailed and a non detailed version of the prebooking.
Unread 07-12-2018, 05:26 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
I completely agree. I would not be interested in a game that had this feature unless it was optional. It was a chore. And too much work for little profit. To me, the game doing some things automatically, like that one, is fine and even for the best. I have nothing against the feature returning if all the things encompassed in said feature are completely optional.

As with most features, the ability to turn them on and off makes sense to me. The ability to turn features off was a welcome addition to the TEW. But i do think that should be a possibility for "Pre-Show Booking"

It plays a massive part in TV and PPV, which pre hyping a Finn Ballor vs AJ Styles match on TV would surely cause a bump in ratings.

I also think the way TV Pre-Show Booking and PPV Pre-Show Bookings are made should be different. TV Pre-Show Bookings should be more about the "quick stats" Overness, Skill, Star Power, Momentum. PPV Pre-Show Bookings should follow a stricter guide which includes all the above, but is also influenced by Storyline rating, the trajectory of the feud (If the storyline momentum is increasing, the match hype should, it should also work in reverse). There could also be the hit/boost when it comes to if a storyline isn't furthered on a show.

The old Style was indeed a chore and flawed in so SO! many ways, but it should have been improved on and not sadly removed.
Unread 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM
All Star

I agree with almost all of this. I think if the hyping of TV matches were set to on that you only need to hype one match and not the whole card. Even during the attitude era it was rare they pre hyped more than one for an upcoming raw. Maybe the game should only look at your best potential match as the selling point of a show anyway.
Unread 07-14-2018, 09:26 AM
Super Star

Stunned you missed Arena hire prices. Why does an additional 100 or even 43 on a capacity mean an extra 5K for the hire cost? 5,007...oh, what you want an additional 7, it'll cost ya!
Closed Thread