Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-20-2018, 09:24 PM

Default WWF: Like Father, Like Son

End of June 1994

It was the day after the King of the Ring pay-per-view, a solid show that demonstrated our lack of real star power going forward. The main event was between Jerry Lawler, a guy who isn't fully loyal to us and Roddy Piper, who isn't even employed anymore. Still, it felt like we were moving in a good direction we just needed time. Unfortunately, WCW was not giving us time.

I got called into Vince's office first thing, nothing too unusual about that probably wanted to go over some booking stuff before the meeting for this week's Raw. I immediately realized something was wrong when I walked in and only Vince was there.

"Take a seat, Pat." He said, his tone implied that this wasn't going to be good news. After a long silence, he confirmed my fears. "They've got me. I've been told by my lawyers that the odds aren't in our favor. They're going to send me to jail for this bogus steroid trial."

I laughed, not because this was funny but because what else could I do? This couldn't be happening. "What about the company?"

"Linda is going to handle the finance end but you and I both know she can't be the owner or booker. Effective the end of this month, I am no longer owner of WWF. I'm giving the company to Shane."

"Your kid?!" I yelled in disbelief, "he's only 24 Vince, he's got no clue what to do, we're gonna get our asses handed to us."

He sighed before speaking, "I know it's probably not the best option but he's smart, he takes after me in that respect." He smirked, "I hope you understand Pat, this was my father's company, I can't just give it up to someone who isn't blood."

"Yeah, I understand."

"Now that we're clear on that, I need to ask a favor from you. The locker room is gonna try it's hardest to try and play around with Shane. They know he's new to this and they're gonna try and take advantage of that. I need you to be his right hand man, Pat, like you were for me."

The bastard snuck that last bit in there to soften the blow, "you want me to babysit him?"

"Show him the ropes, help him make decisions and steer him in the right direction. I already talked to Shane about this, he's more than willing to listen to your advice."

I put my head in my hands, this was so much to take in but what could I do, tell the man who I pledged my loyalty to for years no? "Yeah, okay yeah I'll take care of your boy. God, the press are gonna eat this up. WCW is gonna eat this up."

That was the last time I saw Vince McMahon before the verdict came in. He was going behind bars for a minimum of a year and Shane McMahon had officially been named the new owner. I spent that whole night talking to members of the roster. This was gonna be one hell of a ride.

Like Father Like Son
Unread 04-21-2018, 06:24 PM

Monday, Week 1, July 1994

Here we are, the first day with the kid in charge. Vince told me to stay by his side and that was exactly what I did. I've had my own office in Stamford for years now but I didn't visit it once today. I spent the entire day in Shane's giving him the run down on what needed done and asking for his opinions on things with the company. It turns out we both knew WCW had us beat in the star power department and the negative press from Vince's conviction wasn't going to help us. We needed something to set us apart.

The kid's idea is bold, I'll give him that. See, WCW has us beat with stars the fans know and love but our main event is stacked with guys who can put on clinics in the ring, Bret, Shawn, Razor and more can all go at a level that a lot of WCW's aging roster just can't. So, the idea is to shift the product to include some more focus on the in-ring aspects, make the matches mean more.

Things got a little dicey after that. Shane decided that we needed to cut some of the chaff from our roster to make room for new blood and just clean out some stale workers. I'm there for that but 17 workers later and I was wondering if maybe he went a bit too far. I was especially saddened to see Lou Albano go, he wasn't doing much for us but he had history, still no point in keeping him. Same goes for Chief Jay Strongbow, I didn't put up the same fight I did for Lou, because let's face it, Jay is an ass, but it was still sad to see Shane let him go.

It wasn't all firings though, Shane made some new contract offers for current talents and offered a few to new ones who he's hoping will help in the battle with WCW. Not a bad first day, honestly, hopefully things go better when he actually has to deal with the roster at the Raw taping tomorrow.

Champions
World Heavyweight Champion

Bret Hart (2nd Reign)

Won: Week 3, March 1994 from Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X
Previous Champions (Since June 1994):
None

World Tag Team Champions

The Headshrinkers (1st Reign)

Won: Week 4, April 1994 from The Quebecers at Raw
None

Intercontinental Champion

Diesel (1st Reign)

Won: Week 2, April 1994 from Razor Ramon at Superstars
None

Roster Breakdown

Quote:
Main Event:
Bret Hart (World Heavyweight Champion)
Lex Luger
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Tatanka
The Undertaker

Bam Bam Bigelow
Diesel (Intercontinental Champion)
Jeff Jarrett
Jerry Lawler
Jim Neidhart
Owen Hart
Shawn Michaels
Yokozuna
Quote:
Upper Midcard:
1-2-3 Kid
Bart Gunn
Billy Gunn
Bob Backlund
Koko B. Ware
Mo
Ricky Morton
Robert Gibson
Typhoon

Crush
Irwin R. Schyster
Nikolai Volkoff
Rick Martel
The Barbarian
Quote:
Midcard:
Adam Bomb
Bob Holly
Bushwhacker Butch
Bushwhacker Luke
Doink the Clown
Duke Droese
Fatu (World Tag Team Champion)
Jacques Rougeau
Mabel
Samu (World Tag Team Champion)
Virgil

Gangrel
Jimmy Del Ray
Johnny Polo
Kwang
Pierre
Steven Dunn
The Underfaker
Timothy Well
Tom Prichard
Quote:
Lower Midcard:
Barry Horowitz
PJ Walker

Abe Schwartz
Chris Kanyon
Mike Sharpe
Reno Riggins
Quote:
Opener:
Jeff Hardy
Quote:
Enhancement Talent:
Matt Hardy
Scott Taylor

Tony DeVito
Quote:
Women's Division:
Alundra Blayze

Luna Vachon
Quote:
Managers:
Paul Bearer

Harvey Wippleman
Mr. Fuji
Ted DiBiase

Quote:
Announcer:
Gorilla Monsoon
Jim Ross
Quote:
Colour Commentator:
Bruce Prichard
Hugo Savinovich
Jim Cornette
Lord Alfred Hayes
Stan Lane
Quote:
Referee:
Dave Hebner
Earl Hebner
Jack Doan
Jim Korderas
Mike Chioda
Tim White
Quote:
Authority Figure:
Shane McMahon

Quote:
Road Agent:
Gerald Brisco
Jack Lanza
JJ Dillon
Pat Patterson
Rene Goulet
Sgt. Slaughter
Tony Garea
Quote:
Personality:
Afa
Howard Finkel
Linda McMahon
Todd Pettengill
Tony Chimel

This is my first attempt at a diary so I'm hoping it goes well. The premise is a bit odd but I thought it'd be fun to see how the WWF would react to Vince being gone. I should have a card up for my first Raw for predictions and whatnot later this week. Probably gonna do a contest because those are fun but I'm not sure on the prize yet.

Last edited by CMHunk : 04-21-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 04-21-2018, 09:32 PM
Phenom

I like the premise of your story, looking forward to it
Unread 04-25-2018, 01:14 AM

WWF Monday Night Raw
Tuesday, Week 1, July 1994

Bret Hart faces Lex Luger for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on a jam-packed edition of Monday Night Raw. Ted DiBiase has promised to be watching the action closely as he sees big things in Luger. Owen Hart has also mentioned interest in this title match and said he has a special message for his "beloved brother" this week.

Confirmed Matches:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart (c) vs Lex Luger
Comment:

Crush vs Virgil
Comment:

The Bushwhackers vs The Heavenly Bodies
Comment:

WWF Superstars
Thursday, Week 1, July 1994

Confirmed Matches:

Bob Backlund vs Jeff Jarrett
Comment:

Well Dunn vs Men on a Mission
Comment:

The Underfaker vs PJ Walker
Comment:
Unread 04-25-2018, 02:10 AM
Minor League

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart (c)
Comment:

Crush
Comment:

The Heavenly Bodies
Comment:

WWF Superstars

Confirmed Matches:

Jeff Jarrett
Comment:

Men on a Mission
Comment:

The Underfaker
Comment:
Unread 04-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Phenom

Confirmed Matches:

Comment:

Crush vs Virgil
Comment:

Comment:

WWF Superstars

Confirmed Matches:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:
Unread 04-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Living Legend

Comment: *WWF

Crush vs Virgil
Comment:

Comment:

WWF Superstars

Confirmed Matches:

Comment:

Comment:

The Underfaker
vs PJ Walker
Comment:
Unread 04-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Living Legend

WWF Monday Night Raw

Bret Hart faces Lex Luger for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on a jam-packed edition of Monday Night Raw. Ted DiBiase has promised to be watching the action closely as he sees big things in Luger. Owen Hart has also mentioned interest in this title match and said he has a special message for his "beloved brother" this week.

Confirmed Matches:

Comment:

Crush vs Virgil
Comment:

Comment:

WWF Superstars

Confirmed Matches:

Comment:

Comment:

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Talking

WWF Monday Night Raw
Attendance: 16,917 at MA TD Garden

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jim Cornette

Quote:

Monday Night Raw kicks off this week with Owen Hart making his way to the ring, accompanied by Jim Neidhart. Owen is still wearing the crown from his recent King of the Ring victory and tells the fans to shut up and bow upon entering the ring.

"The King of Harts is here to stay and you better believe I have an interest in the main event tonight. I proved at King of the Ring that I am not just a contender for my brother, Bret's, world title. I am THE contender."

Neidhart took the mic after Owen finished doing his signature laugh as he did. "Let's face facts, Bret. Owen should have gotten a shot at that belt after he pinned you in front of the whole world at Wrestlemania. But no, because it always has to be about what Bret wants. Just like it was back in the day with us and the one thing Bret doesn't want is to lose his precious belt to his baby brother."

The WWF Champion finally arrives, having heard more than enough, he makes his way down the ramp but thinks twice about entering the ring even after Anvil holds the ropes open for him. "Anvil, I respect you but this has nothing to do with you. This is about Owen and myself. Owen, you keep whining about being in my shadow. You beat me at Wrestlemania, no one can dispute that. But you still can't stop talking about how I'm holding you back. Well, let's prove it. After I defend my belt later tonight, you are officially #1 contender."

The fans buzz and Owen seems pleased promising to make Bret regret everything. The segment was a hot opener but it seems like Owen might need a better gimmick to work with. The current one he's got isn't helping him.
Grade: 89
Quote:

It's been a few months since The Heavenly Bodies have teamed together in WWF but they made the most of their return. Jimmy and Tom work well together and it showed in the match. Prichard especially looked great out there really carrying the in-ring weight. The Bushwhackers got in some early offense but it wasn't long before the Bodies got the upper hand and they never let up until Tom pins Butch for the win.
Grade: 50

Quote:

We go to the back where Diesel and Shawn Michaels have some words for their rival, Razor Ramon.

"You know Deez, there are just some people in this world who never know when to give in, when to call it quits, to move on and forget about the past. Razor is one of those men. All this time and he still wants a 'fair shot' at your IC title. Tell the folks here tonight what you think of that, big man."

Diesel takes the spotlight and begins to taunt Razor for not being able to get it done against him last time they fought. "And now you want another go?What exactly have you done to earn another shot against Big Daddy Cool, huh? Come back and challenge me once you've actually accomplished something in your worthless career." The duo leave as we move over to Todd Pettengill.
Grade: 87
Quote:

Todd is standing by with Mr. Fuji and his client, Crush. The message from Fuji is simple, destruction.

"No one will be left standing once my warrior, Crush is finished with them. Along with Yokozuna, he will reign victorious over all the competition." Fuji laughs as the duo head to the ring.
Grade: 59
Quote:

Crush (w/ Mr. Fuji) vs Virgil

Virgil attempted to put up a fight and landed a few lucky strikes but it wasn't long before Crush hit the Chokeslam and ended things.

Grade: 54
Quote:

Bret Hart (c) vs Lex Luger

Ted DiBiase makes his way out to commentary before the match can begin. He spends most of the match talking up Luger. Mentioned that he could be a very wealthy man in the coming weeks.

The match itself was fine, Bret put in a great performance but Lex just isn't at his level when it comes to anything other than brawling. This meant that a lot of the match was focused on power moves, especially from Lex. Lex's power wasn't enough though and he ended up tapping to the Sharpshooter after being pulled back from the ropes by Bret.
Grade: 69
Quote:

Post match, Luger begins to get up, still clearly dazed as DiBiase goes into the ring to check on his would-be acquisition. As he does Tatanka storms down to the ring and DiBiase begins to back away. Tatanka grabs Luger's shoulder and Luger turns around and decks him. Luger seems to realize what he's just done as DiBiase heads up the ramp. Luger tries to explain to an incensed Tatanka as we go off the air.
Grade: 80
Overall Grade: 74

WWF Superstars
Attendance: 2,646 at NY Tate Rink

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon and Lord Alfred Hayes

Quote:

Underfaker (w/ Ted DiBiase vs PJ Walker

The "Undertaker" makes quick work of PJ Walker, no-selling most of his offense and planting him with a chokeslam before finishing the match with a Tombstone.
Grade: 43
Quote:

Ted DiBiase gets into the ring post-match and brags about the power of the "Undertaker" vowing to take out any challengers who come before him.

"The Undertaker is back and he is with the Million Dollar Corporation. Together, no one will be able to stop us as we run through this entire company."

"OH YEEESSSS" the fans cheer as Paul Bearer makes his way down the ramp holding the urn that has come to signify Undertaker's power.

"For months, my Undertaker has toiled away in the dirt and grime, working his way back to the WWF and finally, he is ready to return. You are a fraud, Ted DiBiase and your Undertaker is a pretender. This Monday, the real Undertaker returns and nobody will be safe from his wraith." Bearer leaves as DiBiase yells at him from the ring. Bearer flubbed a couple of lines but overall the segment ended up being a good build-up for this feud.
Grade: 69
Quote:

Afa and the Headshrinkers are backstage with Todd Pettengill. Afa takes the mic and explains that they are eagerly awaiting their next challengers.

"Like my brother, Sika, and I before them, the Headshrinkers are going to dominate this tag division. Set anyone before them and they will take them down."

Afa didn't do too hot here but he's still a better promo than either of the Headshrinkers currently so we'll keep him together with them for a little while longer.
Grade: 47
Quote:

Men on a Mission vs Well Dunn (w/ Harvey Wippleman)

The team of Timothy Well and Steven Dunn tried their hardest to battle the big men Mo and Mabel. Even managing to get the upperhand early by double teaming Mo. The tag was eventually made to Mabel who made short work of both men and finished the match with an Avalanche on to Dunn. The in-ring quality was pretty poor all around but Well in particular came off poorly which isn't great for his long term prospects. It also looks like both Well and Dunn aren't doing well in their current gimmicks so a change might be necessary going forward.
Grade: 42
Quote:

We go backstage where Jacques Rougeau has some choice words for his former teammate and manager, Pierre and Johnny Polo. He calls them both cowards and says that sooner or later he'll get them in the ring.

"When that time comes, you better believe I'm gonna take my time and savor giving you both the punishment you deserve."
Grade: 60
Quote:

We cut to Jeff Jarrett who promises to end Bob Backlund tonight in the main event.

"I'm already a legend in the music business and tonight, I become one in wrestling as well. Backlund is a relic of a lost era and his time has finished. I'm gonna prove that tonight and have the whole crowd singing along with me."
Grade: 70
Quote:

Jeff Jarrett vs Bob Backlund

Jarrett underestimated the fight in Backlund early on toying around with the former World champion and paying for it. Backlund hit a belly-to-back suplex and took control. Jarrett fought back and kept an even pace with the veteran and hit a dropkick to floor him but failed to capitalize and got caught in the Crossface Chicken Wing and forced to tap.
Grade: 64
Overall Grade: 64

Took longer than I wanted but first show is done. Hope you all enjoy and here are the current standings for predictions.

Bonnie - 5
Kijar - 5
Nobby_McDonald - 5
theheel - 4
Unread 05-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Low Minors

This diary is reminding me of The Final Countdown for all the right reasons. The premise of Shane McMahon taking over the WWF at a young age is an interesting alternate reality as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you choose to take the WWF in.
Unread 05-12-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James The Animator View Post
This diary is reminding me of The Final Countdown for all the right reasons. The premise of Shane McMahon taking over the WWF at a young age is an interesting alternate reality as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you choose to take the WWF in.
Thank you for the high praise, TFC's WCW diary is what inspired me to make my own. Hopefully, I can make something even half as fun as that.
Unread 05-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Living Legend

Decent start.
Unread 05-17-2018, 01:03 AM

Monday, Week 2, July 1994

It's been a full week under the kid's leadership and things have gone mostly well so far. I drove with Shane to the Raw taping last Tuesday and I was fearing the worst. The boys, especially Shawn and his crew, were rowdy pricks even with Vince around, there's no telling how they'd act with his son in charge now.

To my surprise, things were pretty calm and one of our refs, Tim White, probably sensing that something was needed to ease the new boss into being accepted, started telling some road stories, even encouraging Shane to tell a couple.

That feeling didn't last long though because Jeff Jarrett caused a scene at the Superstars taping by almost getting into a physical altercation with a fan. Jarrett has been known to be a hot-head but he usually didn't act out this blatantly when Vince was around. I tried to coach Shane on how to handle it but he didn't completely heed my advice. He gave Jeff a shrug and told him to "knock it off in the future." Jarrett was clearly pretty amused at Shane's piss poor attempt at punishing him and walked away with a smirk on his face.

In talent news, Shane wanted us to start going after some new workers to push our move towards a more in-ring focus, a move I'm still not sure about but I've tried arguing with a McMahon and it rarely works out. Either way, we made some pushes in that direction with one guy who's been working the independent scene as well as both Japan and Mexico. We've also signed a few returning superstars to the company, two of whom we paid a pretty high price for trying to outbid WCW for them. Shane seems pretty confident both of them will be beneficial to the company going forward, one short-term and the other in the long run and I hope he's right for the amount we're investing in them.

We also bolstered our ranks behind the scenes too. We grabbed Dick Woehrle and Mark Curtis as referees and brought in Larry Hennig, Curt's old man, to help as a Road Agent.

It wasn't all new hires though, we resigned Koko B. Ware, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. They're all still on non-exclusive deals, due to working with our partner, USWA, but they're good hands to have around. We also resigned Jim Ross which was very necessary as he is the voice of our product going forward. We weren't really in danger of losing him since he detests Bischoff and the WCW folks but it is nice to have a talent like him locked down.

Speaking of our rivals down south, WCW seems to be going on a hiring spree of their own. So far they've signed Al Perez, Buddy Landel and Dan Spivey. Of those three only Landel is any sort of loss. We weren't planning on bringing him in anytime in the immediate future but he was on our radar. It'll be interesting to see him interacting with the actual "Nature Boy" though.

WWF Monday Night Raw
Tuesday, Week 2, July 1994

Following last week's misunderstanding Lex Luger has personally requested time to address the situation and asked for Tatanka to meet him in the ring this Monday. Also, Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart are in action as Owen prepares to challenge his brother. Speaking of the Hitman, Bret Hart has promised to address his brothers challenge directly this week. All this plus the return of the "real" Undertaker!

Confirmed Matches:

The New Foundation vs The Rock 'n Roll Express
Comment:

The Undertaker vs Reno Riggins
Comment:

1-2-3 Kid vs Rick Martel
Comment:

WWF Superstars
Thursday, Week 2, July 1994

Razor Ramon vs The Barbarian
Comment:

The Headshrinkers vs The Smoking Gunns
Comment:

Jacques Rougeau vs Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
Comment:
Unread 05-17-2018, 05:17 AM
Low Minors

WWF Monday Night Raw

Comment: I was thinking RNR Express until I remembered Owen and Anvil are feuding with Bret. Hopefully, RNR Express looks good in defeat.

1-2-3 Kid vs Rick Martel
Comment: 1-2-3 Kid's the younger talent with more potential, so I think he wins here.

WWF Superstars

The Headshrinkers vs The Smoking Gunns
Comment: This one is competitive, but the Headshrinkers maintain their dominance.

Jacques Rougeau vs Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
Comment: Hopefully, this starts a quick Droese de-push.
Unread 05-17-2018, 07:34 AM
Super Star

Comment:

Comment:

1-2-3 Kid vs Rick Martel
Comment:

WWF Superstars
Thursday, Week 2, July 1994

Comment: