Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-26-2016, 06:28 AM

Jimmy Uso keeps getting drunk in my games, how do I suspend him? It doesn't come up as an incident, I just get messages after he wrestles saying that everyone is pissed off at him.
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:00 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_amnesiac View Post
Jimmy Uso keeps getting drunk in my games, how do I suspend him? It doesn't come up as an incident, I just get messages after he wrestles saying that everyone is pissed off at him.
NB: This is covered in the FAQ at the start of this thread. You can't suspect him unless he actually crosses the line and does something that creates an incident.
Unread 05-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_amnesiac View Post
I'm on the same boat with him. I will have to wait until he shows up so drunk that he cannot perform (It would be an incident) then send him to rehab.
Unread 05-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12345 View Post
Yes there is a penalty. Although I've gotten away with it in TCW. I did a Rocky Golden 91 pop vs. Sammy Bach 77 pop face vs face match and it got an 83 rating.
But did you still get a penalty? It isn't a bad rating, but is worse than if they were opposing dispositions.
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
NB: This is covered in the FAQ at the start of this thread. You can't suspect him unless he actually crosses the line and does something that creates an incident.
You don't think being drunk period at work shouldn't create an incident? WWE Wellness policy prohibits alcohol usage within 12 hours of an event. If someone tests positive for alcohol, they are fined $2,500.

It breaks immersion that I can't do anything about someone continuously performing drunk in front of 4 million people every week. What exactly does "crossing the line" mean exactly? WWE isn't going to ignore someone clearly being drunk or high during a match, just because he was chill backstage. You should be able to set a zero tolerance policy for a fair backstage rating penalty.

I can understand if it works this way for gameplay purposes though.
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Star View Post
You don't think being drunk period at work shouldn't create an incident? WWE Wellness policy prohibits alcohol usage within 12 hours of an event. If someone tests positive for alcohol, they are fined $2,500.

It breaks immersion that I can't do anything about someone continuously performing drunk in front of 4 million people every week. What exactly does "crossing the line" mean exactly? WWE isn't going to ignore someone clearly being drunk or high during a match, just because he was chill backstage. You should be able to set a zero tolerance policy for a fair backstage rating penalty.

100% agree with this. Just the fact that he was clearly drunk at work should be grounds for discipline.
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Low Minors

Yeah it is rediculous. I think a solution would be to generate a decision the day after the event that allows options to ignore, send to rehab, fine, etc.
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:

I think it's very much a gameplay feature which forces an element of strategic thinking rather than a feature that aims to simulate reality to a tee.
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGeorge View Post
I think it's very much a gameplay feature which forces an element of strategic thinking rather than a feature that aims to simulate reality to a tee.
Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it makes sense that someone could slip through and actually end up performing drunk or high, that's not a problem, but not being able to do anything with it after the fact is just weird to me, it's not a gigantic issue for me, though and does make some sense from a gameplay POV, because you have to decide if the worker in question is worth booking if he keeps causing issues and angering everyone he works with.

If it's an issue with them being high on drugs you at least have the option to test them after the show and it most likely will come back with an incident then, but you can't do anything with someone who is perpetually drunk unless they act out backstage. Oh well, lol.

I just think that once a company becomes National and is in more of a mainstream spotlight, they would have a zero tolerance policy in regards to working drunk or high, period.

Imagine the backlash WWE would have if someone worked drunk and broke someone else's neck?
Unread 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it makes sense that someone could slip through and actually end up performing drunk or high, that's not a problem, but not being able to do anything with it after the fact is just weird to me, it's not a gigantic issue for me, though and does make some sense from a gameplay POV, because you have to decide if the worker in question is worth booking if he keeps causing issues and angering everyone he works with.
Exactly, and it also means that you don't have an easy solution for every offender.

I see where you're coming from; it would never happen in WWE. But in simulation games such roadblocks can also add to the fun from a strategic point of view.
Unread 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGeorge View Post
Exactly, and it also means that you don't have an easy solution for every offender.

I see where you're coming from; it would never happen in WWE. But in simulation games such roadblocks can also add to the fun from a strategic point of view.
I've only had the issue happen once so far, Ernest Youngman developed a painkiller addiction and kept angering everyone he was working with. I ended up sending to rehab when he finally caused a backstage incident, and then he was gone for 7 months.

Now there isn't any room for him in my plans, because I've stolen people like KC Glenn, Remo, Nicky Champion, and Champagne Lover. Ernest Youngman is currently in a heel stable with Davis Wayne Newton, Kip Keenan and Jamie Atherton, they're all pushed as Openers.

So he's basically stuck in the Social Outcasts spot, that's what happens when you get sent to rehab and Hell's Bouncer gets the feuds you would have gotten.
Unread 05-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Phenom

Quote:

If it's an issue with them being high on drugs you at least have the option to test them after the show and it most likely will come back with an incident then, but you can't do anything with someone who is perpetually drunk unless they act out backstage. Oh well, lol.

I just think that once a company becomes National and is in more of a mainstream spotlight, they would have a zero tolerance policy in regards to working drunk or high, period.

Imagine the backlash WWE would have if someone worked drunk and broke someone else's neck?
I'm going to start this off by saying that I haven't actually had this drunk "issue" in my game so I'm not sure how the message is worded but here is how I would rationalize it for myself from a game play perspective.

When it doesn't generate an incident:
I look at this as 2 workers have gone and performed their match. Performance wise something may have been off or it may not have. Then the worker who was sober pulls you aside a few hours after the match or day later and accuses the other of being drunk but you have no direct knowledge (you personally didn't notice alcohol on the drunk workers breath). Hence you personally have no proof even if enough people have reported it. In the real world at this point what action you can take would highly depend on the drug and alcohol policy of your company. Honestly I would like the option to do something about it depending on how your drug/alcohol settings are set for your company. If you have no policy you should be SOL, but if you have a strict policy it would be nice to have options especially if there is mounting evidence week after week.

When it does generate an incident:
The drunk worker walks up to you and it's so obvious that he's drunk that you as the boss have to take action (and if you didn't and something happened you better have very good an expensive lawyers).
Unread 05-26-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat99 View Post
Click on the alliances button (6th from left) at top of screen. On the bottom of the screen that pops up is a button labeled Alliance Titles -- you will find title histories there.

im so dumb, thankyou.

it seems the COTT world Title hasn't been defended for 7 years in my game, is this a bug?

it was defended regularly on CZCW shows for th first 18 months game time but nothing since.

tag titles 2 years btw
Unread 05-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBigB View Post
I'm going to start this off by saying that I haven't actually had this drunk "issue" in my game so I'm not sure how the message is worded but here is how I would rationalize it for myself from a game play perspective.

When it doesn't generate an incident:
I look at this as 2 workers have gone and performed their match. Performance wise something may have been off or it may not have. Then the worker who was sober pulls you aside a few hours after the match or day later and accuses the other of being drunk but you have no direct knowledge (you personally didn't notice alcohol on the drunk workers breath). Hence you personally have no proof even if enough people have reported it. In the real world at this point what action you can take would highly depend on the drug and alcohol policy of your company. Honestly I would like the option to do something about it depending on how your drug/alcohol settings are set for your company. If you have no policy you should be SOL, but if you have a strict policy it would be nice to have options especially if there is mounting evidence week after week.
It's a road agent note. They tell you he was visibly drunk or wasted and it affected his performance. IRL a supervisor telling my boss that I am clearly wasted would lead to my termination regardless of them actually seeing me drink.

I understand what everyone is saying though. It is just a feature rather than trying to closely simulate reality. I'll just deal with it for now. But it would be nice to have some option to take action at least for repeated offenses.
Unread 05-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Phenom

Want to make sure I understand this correctly: if a gimmick is a default (IE "can use without any problems") that means the gimmick effect doesn't matter?

IE I have Kurt Angle, Olympic Gold Medalist, debut and it gets an "awful".