Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-31-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestillidie00 View Post
Do workers that are engaged ever "tie the knot" to speak?

For example, in my Real World Game, Lana and Rusev are enganged, will they ever actually get married?
In one of my saves right now I had a worker who was engaged outside the business randomly get married during week 1, so the possibility is there.
Unread 05-31-2016, 09:15 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatpyrodude View Post
Is there a way to book a freebird tag team(like the new day) and have the third man defend without it being a new title reign?
In the Titles screen you can select Replace, and replace one tag champion with another worker, and you will be asked if you want it to be a new reign, or a continuation of the old one. Title history will change as well, so it will treat the third person as having always been champion, and the person who was replaced will not get any credit for the title reign, unless you replace them back in.
Unread 05-31-2016, 09:24 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Just means that one of their other top row stats is better, so by having a match that focuses on a stat that isn't their best you are not getting the very best out of a worker. That said, if the numbers are very close then it makes no real difference anyway as the small boost you get for focusing on that one stat will make up for it.
What are the top roe stats?
Unread 05-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Minor League

Those of you who run puro companies, do you use storylines even though they aren't required? Also, if you run a touring company, how many weekly events do you run?
Unread 05-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfmark View Post
in ring skills.
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:09 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfmark View Post
They are talking about the 8 "in ring" stats

Brawling
Pururesu
Hardcore
Chain Wrestling
Mat Skills
Submissions
Aerial
Flashiness

they are in the top row of skills when you look at a worker's skills.
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Low Minors

Is there any good reason to have a tv show on so many networks. With the real world mod complete now I want to fire up a game. Is there any reason to keep raw on so many different channels? Does it bring in a lot more money? I get keeping it on channels to get my coverage everywhere but I'm talking mostly about the ones that overlap coverage.
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:48 PM

Default Developental Company Question

Just wondering wether or not developmental companies can hire workers themselves like they could in 2013? Because I just started a developmental company and have simed a month since and they have not hired anyone.
Unread 06-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinX22 View Post
Just wondering wether or not developmental companies can hire workers themselves like they could in 2013? Because I just started a developmental company and have simed a month since and they have not hired anyone.
Developmental Companies will not hire any workers, Child Companies operate like the Dev Companies in 2013. The ? next to the drop down box that says child company or developmental company will go into a little more detail. Hope this helps
Unread 06-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Do user characters ever retire naturally, or would the only way to "retire" them to be use the editor?
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:19 AM

Does anyone know the best Dojo settings to produce puroresu workers?
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:24 AM
Low Minors

Is there anyway to adjust the contract length of an existing broadcaster deal?

I know you can adjust worker contract lengths but cannot seem to find anything to do this with TV Shows?
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:34 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom View Post
Is there anyway to adjust the contract length of an existing broadcaster deal?

I know you can adjust worker contract lengths but cannot seem to find anything to do this with TV Shows?
That would be done either as an extension or by cancelling the deal and then creating a new one. Generally speaking you can't just decide to vastly reduce the length just because you no longer want it as you're contractually obliged to fulfil the deal.
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Low Minors

Thank You Adam

Just wondering because i am tied to deals that i want to get out of but cannot cancel them
Unread 06-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Living Legend

Is there a "beginner's guide" thread for TEW anywhere? I seem to recall one existing way back when, but not for more recent versions. I guess that's what this thread is for, sort of, but I'm not thinking of small questions.

It'd be somewhere between a manual and the promotion specific threads, just setting out the fundamentals like how to get someone over, how to get/keep a feud hot and so on.

And before someone says 'Hot angles/matches, duh' please bear in mind that not everyone runs WWE/SWF. How you get someone over in a small/local/regional fed is very different to being able to have them jump Jack Bruce every week for 3 months until, bang, A* overness

It'd be a thread that could accumulate the wisdom/experience of veteran players (like Remianen, for example) who've run countless games over all the versions and know how to run companies that grow and build new stars. Whether to rely on the default angles or create your own ones. How to pace a feud when you're booking monthly shows vs. a regular TV/PPV schedule. It might include guidance on what should be considered successful at different size levels - an E show at local is small, not so much at regional, and so on.

A thread like this could even be useful for more experienced players - I know I have trouble getting workers over in smaller feds, for example, so my ratings tend to stagnate as my main eventers don't gain as much from their matches as the undercard do.