Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Unread 07-10-2016, 12:20 PM
R0x4ry's Avatar
R0x4ry R0x4ry is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
How dare you talk bad about Cool Cat. Everyone knows he is second best.

(the best being Pepsiman.)

SARCASMSARCASMSARCASM (PEPSIMAN IS PRETTY COOL)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 07-10-2016, 01:37 PM
K-Nection's Avatar
K-Nection K-Nection is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0x4ry View Post
How dare you talk bad about Cool Cat. Everyone knows he is second best.

(the best being Pepsiman.)

SARCASMSARCASMSARCASM (PEPSIMAN IS PRETTY COOL)
Wasn't putting down cool cat I was pointing out that this argument sounded really familiar to me.

Last edited by K-Nection : 07-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:34 PM
KnowYourEnemy's Avatar
KnowYourEnemy KnowYourEnemy is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,854
Default

I think having to consult your peers to utilize data is healthy. Without communication, two people can release competing mods from the same period -- it's disrespectful to undercut someone who has already started a project.

My main issue with the thread in question is that the author made no effort to differentiate his mod from Matt Shannon's Young Guns release. Why would a player chose to play New Generation instead of Young Guns? The two mods appear to have similar premises.

I feel BestInTheWorld didn't consult anyone before making the thread and put little thought into his mod.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 07-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Fleisch's Avatar
Fleisch Fleisch is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,942
Default

I'm happy to have my mods used for whatever purposes. I don't need to be consulted each time. However, a nod in the credits on the work I contributed is always nice as I have an ego that needs to be kept sated.

End of the day, and joking put to one side, acknowledging someone else's contributions is about respect. People with it understand it, those without it, well you're never going to change their Millennial attitude on it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 07-11-2016, 04:20 PM
MHero's Avatar
MHero MHero is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Posts: 7,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
End of the day, and joking put to one side, acknowledging someone else's contributions is about respect. People with it understand it, those without it, well you're never going to change their Millennial attitude on it.
Damn Millenials.

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 07-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Peter.1986 Peter.1986 is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
I'm happy to have my mods used for whatever purposes. I don't need to be consulted each time. However, a nod in the credits on the work I contributed is always nice as I have an ego that needs to be kept sated.

End of the day, and joking put to one side, acknowledging someone else's contributions is about respect. People with it understand it, those without it, well you're never going to change their Millennial attitude on it.
that's a great attitude. But you do all deserve to be credited, that's one thing that I would disagree with if someone used another mod, or part of and didn't credit them
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:38 AM
soxfan93's Avatar
soxfan93 soxfan93 is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A small town in NH (USA)
Posts: 2,527
Default

How has this gone 3 pages? It's common sense. Ask, don't take. We've been taught that since we were kids.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Andylion Andylion is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
How has this gone 3 pages? It's common sense. Ask, don't take. We've been taught that since we were kids.
Personally, I was taught "don't ask, don't tell."

Wait...that's the wrong controversy? Then #AllModsMatter

Wait...still the wrong one? Shit, IDK then.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Fleisch's Avatar
Fleisch Fleisch is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
Damn Millenials.

Agreed! Have a cookie for the comparison!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 07-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Idolized's Avatar
Idolized Idolized is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 792
Default

Are the ratings incredibly inflated in this version of TEW or isit just me? Heat and Velocity seem to be getting realistic ratings in the testing of my mod (in the 0.60 range) but Smackdown and RAW are getting astronomical 19.0 range ratings.

Has anyone figured out a way to get more realistic results? Is this just something we have to live with?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 07-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Matt Shannon's Avatar
Matt Shannon Matt Shannon is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Strong Badia, TX
Posts: 3,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idolized View Post
Are the ratings incredibly inflated in this version of TEW or isit just me? Heat and Velocity seem to be getting realistic ratings in the testing of my mod (in the 0.60 range) but Smackdown and RAW are getting astronomical 19.0 range ratings.

Has anyone figured out a way to get more realistic results? Is this just something we have to live with?
I think it's because the ratings now combine the ratings of all broadcasters for a show. I could be wrong, though.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:06 AM
MrCreative's Avatar
MrCreative MrCreative is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nexus
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
I think it's because the ratings now combine the ratings of all broadcasters for a show. I could be wrong, though.
They do do that, but also, TEW's rating system isn't even slightly accurate in nearly all cases, as you can't get the rating unit accurate for its time - which changes year on year to account for number of households.

Best way to test this for realism is some mental maths with the TEW rating unit vs Neilsen Rating unit, and testing broadcasters on a singular basis.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 07-17-2016, 03:56 PM
TC Dale's Avatar
TC Dale TC Dale is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 165
Default

When you guys are testing a mod for balance, how do you handle situations like Puerto Rico where there usually is a perceived "disadvantage" for say anyone in either the Cornellverse or the Real World mods, due to language problems, do you adjust anything for areas that might be a problem similar to that or do you just leave the area as is, for changing anything might imbalance too much. Can you mod an ingame playable region or is there any chance of modifying any of the world areas only at creation of the database? (If I am not clear please feel free to ask for clarifications)

Just wondered if there was anything someone could do on a personal level to make changes to the game world they play without creating a full universe, more a 'micro' change instead of a 'macro' change?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Teh_Showtime's Avatar
Teh_Showtime Teh_Showtime is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Dale View Post
When you guys are testing a mod for balance, how do you handle situations like Puerto Rico where there usually is a perceived "disadvantage" for say anyone in either the Cornellverse or the Real World mods, due to language problems, do you adjust anything for areas that might be a problem similar to that or do you just leave the area as is, for changing anything might imbalance too much. Can you mod an ingame playable region or is there any chance of modifying any of the world areas only at creation of the database? (If I am not clear please feel free to ask for clarifications)

Just wondered if there was anything someone could do on a personal level to make changes to the game world they play without creating a full universe, more a 'micro' change instead of a 'macro' change?
In the CVerse PR is set to be bilingual in every arena so there really is no disadvantage.

You can't mod the default areas or regions as far as other parts of the world, but the locations/venues are completely moddable
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:15 PM
TC Dale's Avatar
TC Dale TC Dale is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
In the CVerse PR is set to be bilingual in every arena so there really is no disadvantage.

You can't mod the default areas or regions as far as other parts of the world, but the locations/venues are completely moddable
Thanks that is good news. I was hoping the locations could be adjusted if I run into a tweak I might want to do in one of my CVerse saves.. my Real World saves are newer so I haven't had to find out anything I wanted fine tuned.

Again, thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.