Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
How dare you talk bad about Cool Cat. Everyone knows he is second best.

(the best being Pepsiman.)

SARCASMSARCASMSARCASM (PEPSIMAN IS PRETTY COOL)
Unread 07-10-2016, 01:37 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0x4ry View Post
How dare you talk bad about Cool Cat. Everyone knows he is second best.

(the best being Pepsiman.)

SARCASMSARCASMSARCASM (PEPSIMAN IS PRETTY COOL)
Wasn't putting down cool cat I was pointing out that this argument sounded really familiar to me.

Last edited by K-Nection : 07-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Hall of Fame

I think having to consult your peers to utilize data is healthy. Without communication, two people can release competing mods from the same period -- it's disrespectful to undercut someone who has already started a project.

My main issue with the thread in question is that the author made no effort to differentiate his mod from Matt Shannon's Young Guns release. Why would a player chose to play New Generation instead of Young Guns? The two mods appear to have similar premises.

I feel BestInTheWorld didn't consult anyone before making the thread and put little thought into his mod.
Unread 07-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm happy to have my mods used for whatever purposes. I don't need to be consulted each time. However, a nod in the credits on the work I contributed is always nice as I have an ego that needs to be kept sated.

End of the day, and joking put to one side, acknowledging someone else's contributions is about respect. People with it understand it, those without it, well you're never going to change their Millennial attitude on it.
Unread 07-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
End of the day, and joking put to one side, acknowledging someone else's contributions is about respect. People with it understand it, those without it, well you're never going to change their Millennial attitude on it.
Damn Millenials.

Unread 07-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
I'm happy to have my mods used for whatever purposes. I don't need to be consulted each time. However, a nod in the credits on the work I contributed is always nice as I have an ego that needs to be kept sated.

that's a great attitude. But you do all deserve to be credited, that's one thing that I would disagree with if someone used another mod, or part of and didn't credit them
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:38 AM
All Star

How has this gone 3 pages? It's common sense. Ask, don't take. We've been taught that since we were kids.
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
How has this gone 3 pages? It's common sense. Ask, don't take. We've been taught that since we were kids.
Personally, I was taught "don't ask, don't tell."

Wait...that's the wrong controversy? Then #AllModsMatter

Wait...still the wrong one? Shit, IDK then.
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
Damn Millenials.

Agreed! Have a cookie for the comparison!
Unread 07-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Major League

Are the ratings incredibly inflated in this version of TEW or isit just me? Heat and Velocity seem to be getting realistic ratings in the testing of my mod (in the 0.60 range) but Smackdown and RAW are getting astronomical 19.0 range ratings.

Has anyone figured out a way to get more realistic results? Is this just something we have to live with?
Unread 07-15-2016, 08:52 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idolized View Post
Are the ratings incredibly inflated in this version of TEW or isit just me? Heat and Velocity seem to be getting realistic ratings in the testing of my mod (in the 0.60 range) but Smackdown and RAW are getting astronomical 19.0 range ratings.

Has anyone figured out a way to get more realistic results? Is this just something we have to live with?
I think it's because the ratings now combine the ratings of all broadcasters for a show. I could be wrong, though.
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
I think it's because the ratings now combine the ratings of all broadcasters for a show. I could be wrong, though.
They do do that, but also, TEW's rating system isn't even slightly accurate in nearly all cases, as you can't get the rating unit accurate for its time - which changes year on year to account for number of households.

Best way to test this for realism is some mental maths with the TEW rating unit vs Neilsen Rating unit, and testing broadcasters on a singular basis.
Unread 07-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Low Minors

When you guys are testing a mod for balance, how do you handle situations like Puerto Rico where there usually is a perceived "disadvantage" for say anyone in either the Cornellverse or the Real World mods, due to language problems, do you adjust anything for areas that might be a problem similar to that or do you just leave the area as is, for changing anything might imbalance too much. Can you mod an ingame playable region or is there any chance of modifying any of the world areas only at creation of the database? (If I am not clear please feel free to ask for clarifications)

Just wondered if there was anything someone could do on a personal level to make changes to the game world they play without creating a full universe, more a 'micro' change instead of a 'macro' change?
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Dale View Post
When you guys are testing a mod for balance, how do you handle situations like Puerto Rico where there usually is a perceived "disadvantage" for say anyone in either the Cornellverse or the Real World mods, due to language problems, do you adjust anything for areas that might be a problem similar to that or do you just leave the area as is, for changing anything might imbalance too much. Can you mod an ingame playable region or is there any chance of modifying any of the world areas only at creation of the database? (If I am not clear please feel free to ask for clarifications)

Just wondered if there was anything someone could do on a personal level to make changes to the game world they play without creating a full universe, more a 'micro' change instead of a 'macro' change?
In the CVerse PR is set to be bilingual in every arena so there really is no disadvantage.

You can't mod the default areas or regions as far as other parts of the world, but the locations/venues are completely moddable
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
In the CVerse PR is set to be bilingual in every arena so there really is no disadvantage.

You can't mod the default areas or regions as far as other parts of the world, but the locations/venues are completely moddable
Thanks that is good news. I was hoping the locations could be adjusted if I run into a tweak I might want to do in one of my CVerse saves.. my Real World saves are newer so I haven't had to find out anything I wanted fine tuned.

Again, thanks.