Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Default WMMA4 Render Thread

In the legendary words of LoNd0n: Seeing as the demo for WMMA4 has been released today, I thought I would start the ball rolling with the good old render thread.

FAQ

Potential Artist info

All images in this thread were created with the rendering programs Poser (paid) and DAZ Studio (Currently free). Please visit the linked sites and their forums to learn more about the programs. Trell's Render Tutorial (using DAZ Studio 3) can be found HERE, DAZ's New to DS4 Youtube playlist can be found HERE. Free content can be found at Renderosity under Free Stuff and ShareCG (acct required for both). J Silver has provided a Render Starter Kit for new artists to DAZ Studio which includes light sets, render presets, and information on key render settings and links to free content. The Kit can be found HERE.

Requests

Requests are currently accepted. Please be clear in what you're looking for and understand the renderers do this in their own free time and are under no obligation to complete any request.

Use

General rules for use are listed below

Use in private games: Allowed
Use in diarys/dynasties/Livestreams: Allowed
Use in mods: Artists Permission Required
Use outside of GDS: Artists Permission Required

(These permissions also apply to all Render threads (except when stated otherwise))

Acquisition

Current Renders can be found here:

The C-Verse Render Download Center
(Those with a dropbox acct can choose to add the folder to their Dropbox. It will update automatically as renders are added to it. Those without can choose Download -> download as zip in the root or in any of the individual folders)

Included in The Download Center
  • CVerse Rerender Project v1
  • CVerse Rerender Project v2
  • Render Thread Collection
  • TEW 10 Default Pictures
  • TEW 13 Default Pictures
  • Various Full Size Renders
  • TEW Alts
  • WMMA 4 Default Pictures
  • WMMA 4 Render Thread
  • Render Starter Kit for DAZ Studio 4.5+

credits to JSilver for the FAQ
----------------------------------------

To get things started this year, here's a fixed render of Sarah Vaughan, who is still the top women's Bantamweight around, so she deserves a clipping-free render.

For the people not afraid of change and somewhat nostalgic towards the XCC women's division, here's a rerender I did earlier. I also have it unsharpened for those that care:

Last edited by Blackman : 12-28-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Phenom

It's been a few months since I've been able to do any rendering, but I can never pass up contributing to a new render thread. Here's my take on Billy Russell:

Billy Russell
Unread 12-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Just a couple re-renders I have worked on:

Carlos da Guia

Adrian Pascal
Unread 12-07-2014, 11:22 AM

So wait.. Can one make requests in this thread? I'm looking for pictures to use for new characters (Either to make my own or to just have to give to populate fighters and reality show winners.)

Either that or I can pick up ones that are usually used for other mods and just add them to my own game, giving them my own stories and such.
Unread 12-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooden_air View Post
So wait.. Can one make requests in this thread? I'm looking for pictures to use for new characters (Either to make my own or to just have to give to populate fighters and reality show winners.)

Either that or I can pick up ones that are usually used for other mods and just add them to my own game, giving them my own stories and such.
You can do whatever you want for your personal games. You can always try requests and some people might end up doing them. Just don't go flooding the thread if they aren't accepted by anyone.
Unread 12-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Grey Dog Software

Attached are an updated body and head render for Davey Rushton for anyone that wants them, only small changes but I felt they were needed. (my fault it wasn't included in the release game installer)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gifs.zip (160.7 KB, 33 views)
Unread 12-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Made a promo to increase immersion while (finally) playing the game as WEFF. This is kind of the go-to main event for WEFF21, though there's other options obviously.

Unread 12-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Neil Napier

Rafael Tavares
Unread 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Minor League

I've got nothing to offer myself, but we could really use a Sayoko Ebisawa render. Her old one had face tattoos which doesn't fit Japanese culture very well, and her current one is god awful.
Unread 12-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk1665 View Post
I've got nothing to offer myself, but we could really use a Sayoko Ebisawa render. Her old one had face tattoos which doesn't fit Japanese culture very well, and her current one is god awful.
Going out on a limb here, but I'd gather that insulting someone's render isn't the smartest thing to do if requesting one.

For the record, I don't see anything "god awful" about it.
Unread 12-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Her old one was for a different character. And I actually like both renders. It's still a game. They don't have to look in line with stereotypes. People rendering the fighters only do it in our spare time. We won't run a demographical analysis to determine appearances.
Unread 12-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Rerender of Ingrid Westermark for CVE with her original attire type. The face is unchanged from the current CVE render. Might've been better to put "checkmate" in white font, but hey...

Unread 12-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Major League

Couldn't resist contributing to a new render thread,

And while I'm here, I've updated the Render Starter Kit to include a set of lights specifically for WMMA renders and included a few render setting presets while I was at it. You can download them HERE

I've also updated the Render Dropbox to include WMMA renders from this thread and on as well as the WMMA 4 default pictures.

Last edited by J Silver : 12-28-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Unread 12-28-2014, 04:36 AM
Phenom

Your render are incredible J silver !
Unread 12-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Major League

I've been strangely productive this weekend,

The CVerse Render Dropbox
(All of my renders in here (+my previous rerenders) are all in gif format in the dropbox)