Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Bowl Bound General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Low Minors

It is Ragin...I am not sure what is going on. Corrupted to the point I can not cleanly de-install it.

However, I can not create a league or delete with my current version loaded on this PC but I can create a league on an old PC I had from years ago....still had BBCF on it. I also can transfer a league created from the old PC onto my newer pc having trouble and the league seems to run fine at this point. I have simmed through the first season to check the scheduling aspect mostly first and noticed all conferences/teams did schedule 12 games with the exception of the Sun Belt - 11 teams, 7 schedule 12, 2 scheduled 11, and 2 scheduled 10
Unread 08-24-2015, 12:18 PM
GDS Developer

Updated to 1.61 with this change:

8. (added 1.61) Added in a coach editor to change ratings and info for the OC, DC and ST coach on any team.

I also added in a DLL that should go in the same folder as the main game EXE to help some people with an error they were getting on startup.
Unread 08-24-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
Updated to 1.61 with this change:

8. (added 1.61) Added in a coach editor to change ratings and info for the OC, DC and ST coach on any team.

I also added in a DLL that should go in the same folder as the main game EXE to help some people with an error they were getting on startup.
Arlie,

Any thoughts on allowing this type of feature for head coaches and some of the Multiplayer tweaks I mentioned before?

Also I did testing on both WWCF and GDCFL online leagues and the patch works well with them minus that the new features don't take effect which is expected based on your release notes.
Unread 08-24-2015, 02:35 PM
GDS Developer

Adding head coaches is a little trickier as they can be either offensive or defensive. That's a little too complex for the scope of this patch.
Unread 08-24-2015, 05:21 PM

Could there maybe be some slight UI updates in the future, like a lighter skin with dark text?

Also on my wishlist is more offensive schemes, the ability to select playoff bowl berths manually, and some kind of editor that does not require buying Microsoft Access.

Also, it would be nice to have the option to create a game with only 4 conferences or something like that.
Unread 08-25-2015, 01:36 PM

I noticed on Windows 10, that some text is cookoo like when reading player bios, etc. - anyone else notice this?

Also, Arlie, is there any way yet to where myself or others can create a roster file?
Unread 08-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOppenheimer View Post
Also on my wishlist is more offensive schemes,
I agree with this. More Offensive of schemes like the spread option.

I would like a little more flexibility with switching players in position. Such as RB to ILB or OLB, WR to CB, just a couple examples.

Also, An athletic player to be more athletic so he can play more different positions.
Unread 08-29-2015, 05:10 PM

Arlie, thank you for this update.

I have a request, and hopefully you can get this corrected. In the 14-team conferences, the teams are playing a 5-3 schedule instead of a 6-2. So every team is missing a game against a division rival. For instance, in 2015, Alabama doesn't play Texas A&M. FWIW, it looks like this is symmetrical among the 14-team conferences (by the numerical order of the teams).

Thanks again, and hopefully this won't be too tough for you to resolve.

The ideal setup would be for the user to be able to select the format for conference scheduling (6-2, 6-1-1 (for permanent crossover rivals), 6-3 (the Big Ten is going to nine conference games next year), etc.
Unread 08-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up

excellent!
Unread 08-31-2015, 11:06 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Arlie, thank you for this update.

I have a request, and hopefully you can get this corrected. In the 14-team conferences, the teams are playing a 5-3 schedule instead of a 6-2. So every team is missing a game against a division rival. For instance, in 2015, Alabama doesn't play Texas A&M. FWIW, it looks like this is symmetrical among the 14-team conferences (by the numerical order of the teams).

Thanks again, and hopefully this won't be too tough for you to resolve.

The ideal setup would be for the user to be able to select the format for conference scheduling (6-2, 6-1-1 (for permanent crossover rivals), 6-3 (the Big Ten is going to nine conference games next year), etc.
I used the Conference USA format as the template for the 14-team conferences. They do a 5-3 setup and I think it balances out the conference a little better for online leagues than the SEC 6-2 method. In the future, what I will have to do is tailored schedules for each conference (some 14 teams do 5-3 while others do 6-2). But, given I've tried to allow some flexibility for leagues, I've done a standard for most conferences sizes. The only change is I did do a 9-game conference schedule for 12 teams (Pac 12) and an 8-game (like the Mountain West). I didn't, however, do separate schedules for teams with the same number of teams and conference games. That would have to be in a later version at this point.
Unread 09-01-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
The only change is I did do a 9-game conference schedule for 12 teams (Pac 12) and an 8-game (like the Mountain West).
Arlie, I don't see any extra field in the pstats conference table that differentiates the Pac 12 from the Mountain West or American Athletic (who all have two divisions of six teams each). How did you get the Pac 12 to play a 5-4 schedule and the other two to play a 5-3 schedule?

What happens with custom mods? Will the 12-team conferences all play a 5-3 schedule, or is there a way to make them play a 5-4?
Unread 09-01-2015, 11:00 AM
GDS Developer

Good question, it would have been a pretty big change to switch up the entire DB format (and break old saves/leagues). So, I keyed off the conference ID. If the conference is a 12-team league and the conference ID is 10, it uses the 9-game schedule. It's not as elegant as I would have liked, but it allowed me to make the change without messing up leagues. So, you can have one 12-team conference play a 9-game schedule by giving it the ID of 10.
Unread 09-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Low Minors

nice
Unread 09-02-2015, 06:05 AM
Low Minors

My game is still showing South Bend instead of Notre Dame ... all of the names are still generic like Central Texas
Unread 09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
GDS Developer

Yeah, I had to use those because I'm selling the game. Check out the mods folder for 2015 options