Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-29-2018, 09:21 PM
Rookie

please dont have this as the last one there is so so much more potential there is no game like this out there plz plz dont make this the last one
Unread 01-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Minor League

I'm pretty sure Adam is done with the series form what he has said before. Don't know if Grey Dog is done with it as a whole though
Unread 01-29-2018, 10:30 PM

I am not going to say that this game is the be all end all to MMA sims, Adam could always surprise us, but I honestly think that there isnt a whole lot more room for improvement. Ive only played the week trial and a few hours of the full game, but it seems like at its core, its the same (not a bad thing), but with all the cool helpful, streamlining features. WMMA4 was near perfect, and WMMA5 added a ton of helpful stuff and polished it off. No need to re-invent the wheel. I feel like a 6th game in the series would be sort of just a roster update and not really worthy of the quality weve come to expect. I think its the right decision to end the series before it becomes a sub-quality cash grab.
Unread 01-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Minor League

The thing with every game is that there is always improvement with any series. If he only releases a mod that updates the story then I'm fine but I feel like improvement can always be given to any game series.
Unread 01-29-2018, 11:08 PM
Rookie

like i said you should add sponsors for events coz thats how small promotions pay for there events they get companys to sponsor them and give them money to help pay for the event i just thought that would make the game more realistic. id love that to be added i agree there is always room for improvement but for now im going to enjoy this amazing update i love the recommended hires the reality show teams, each company having a hof and the hype just to name a few this is amazing
Unread 01-30-2018, 03:39 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Sky View Post
Serious question, Adam is this the definite last WMMA you will make? Have you already come to this conclusion or is it just a for now decision? I am only curious. I am buying and supporting the game as we speak and I look forward to playing it. Does your decision depend on how the game sells?
To recap what was said elsewhere, no, it is not 100% definite, but I strongly doubt I'll ever be making another one. It has absolutely nothing to do with sales, WMMA is always well-supported by the fans, it's simply because of time constraints.
Unread 02-04-2018, 06:39 PM

I'd buy the game if you'd put it on Steam.
Unread 02-06-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayjesus View Post
I'd buy the game if you'd put it on Steam.
Your're missing out on something
Unread 02-06-2018, 04:22 PM

I know I'm missing out, I love these games. But it would be very convenient to have this on Steam.
Unread 02-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know I'm missing out, I love these games. But it would be very convenient to have this on Steam.
True, it would be, but it's not gonna happen for at least a long time so you're going to have to adapt like us and take the "DRM" annoyance or wait for an eternity. It's really not that intrusive at least in my perception.
Unread 02-07-2018, 01:03 AM
Phenom

Now that I've a got a long-term game moving and I'm starting to get an idea of how things are working, I just wanted to put a note in here as a veteran player of all versions of TEW and WMMA over the years that I thoroughly enjoy this game and I appreciate everything you guys do.
Unread 02-07-2018, 08:31 PM

Alright alright I'll buy it.

I hope this DRM doesn't bite me in the ass though because I need to switch my graphics card sometime soon and e-license seems to take hardware into account, doesn't it?
Unread 02-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Alright alright I'll buy it.

I hope this DRM doesn't bite me in the ass though because I need to switch my graphics card sometime soon and e-license seems to take hardware into account, doesn't it?
It's linked to your OS. So if you reinstall Windows or somesuch, you'd have to email Scott to get the license reset.

Unlicensing is simple though and the sub forum for each game has instructions on how to do it, so if you know you're going to make any changes that could potentially mess with the license, it's only a few clicks.
Unread 02-08-2018, 06:58 AM
Grey Dog Software

If you have a significant planned upgrade, particularly if you reinstall your OS, you should unlicense first. Then you don't have to wait for help to get it cleared up. All of our licenses can be unlicensed on your end as many times as you like.