Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Wrestling Spirit 3 > Wrestling Spirit 3 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Super Star

Exclamation The Death of the Territories [Released]

The Death of the Territories
By: Eric Baker

"When you think Wrestling Bears, think D.O.T.T."

Since 2004, the Death of the Territories mod has been there to (hopefully) expand and enhance Adam Ryland's Wrestling Spirit series of text-based beat 'em ups. While the kernels of what would become D.O.T.T. started with the last EWR and would carry over through the first four TEWs, I believe that Wrestling Spirit provided the perfect vehicle to celebrate the wrestling of my childhood. For good or bad, this is my homage to both.

Enjoy.

Thanks, Adam.

And thanks to Troy for that swell Bear Man's banner.

Required Files:

* D.O.T.T Database Folder

* D.O.T.T Pictures Folder

* People #1

* People #2

* People #3

* And just to be a complete pain in the wazoo... one picture I forgot to zip up:

Installation:

* Open your WreSpi3 folder.

* Unzip (or Unrar) the D.O.T.T Databases Folder file. Place the entire unzipped 'D.O.T.T' folder into the WreSpi3 > Databases folder.

* Unzip the D.O.T.T Pictures Folder file. Place the entire unzipped 'D.O.T.T' folder into the WreSpi3 > Pictures folder.

* Unzip each of the three People files directly to your WreSpi3 > Pictures > D.O.T.T > People folder.
[Don't forget the above Jungle Woman! Lord Forbid...]

* After loading the game, switch to the D.O.T.T database from the title screen.

* Double check that the pictures are being used by going into the editor > Edit Database > Database Info ... the Picture Folder should be set to 'D.O.T.T'

Notes:

* Make sure to snag the latest (Feb 09) Wrestling Spirit 3 patch.

* I have yet to work on chunks of Japan and Europe. Some individual wrestlers from those game areas have had conversion related stat tweaks and attributes assigned to them, but I focused elsewhere for this release. If you wish to play someone there, keep that in mind.

* As I did not feel right setting up any one promotion as Huge, the 'Iconic' storylines will be unavailable to your character.

Updates:

D.O.T.T. v2.0.

[Simply unzip and then toss the WreSpi3.mdb file into your Databases / D.O.T.T folder. When prompted, replace the old one.]

Les jours défile au pas de l'ennui

l'imagination au pouvoir!

Last edited by D. Boon's Ghost : 03-02-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Update released
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Rookie

I (platonically) LOVE YOU GHOST!!! Luckily I'm off today and can jump right into this as soon as possible. I always found your DOTT mods to be interesting and fun. Thanks again for your hard work!
Unread 01-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Woo hoo! Going out in a bit but looking forward to properly getting my teeth into this tomorrow.
Unread 01-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Low Minors

Thank you for making the commitment to release this mod and fulfilling it on time.
Been waiting for this for years.

THANK YOU.
Unread 01-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Star

Thanks.

After seeing Joint Promotions in the U.K. signing every known wrestler with British Isles popularity to Written deals, I worked over the U.K. scene. I fleshed out the pool of workers, tweaked all Brit-based wrestler stats & popularity, and assigned (or created) Attribute & Movesets for them.

If you want the data, I replaced the above 'D.O.T.T Database Folder' with the new stuff.

Apologies for updating so quickly, but it was annoying me.

And, Jaded! I fleshed out the GLOW scene to a ridiculous extent with you in mind. I will be sure to send you my therapist bills.
Unread 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Minor League

I feel like I'm coming down with something while I play this....I may have to call in sick a couple days this week
Unread 01-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Boon's Ghost View Post
Thanks.

After seeing Joint Promotions in the U.K. signing every known wrestler with British Isles popularity to Written deals, I worked over the U.K. scene. I fleshed out the pool of workers, tweaked all Brit-based wrestler stats & popularity, and assigned (or created) Attribute & Movesets for them.

If you want the data, I replaced the above 'D.O.T.T Database Folder' with the new stuff.

Apologies for updating so quickly, but it was annoying me.

And, Jaded! I fleshed out the GLOW scene to a ridiculous extent with you in mind. I will be sure to send you my therapist bills.
Woo hoo again! Hey, do you still have contact details for me? If you do, drop me an e-mail please.
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Star

This mod rocks. Thanks Boon
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Phenom

Loving this mod. Great job.

Is there a TEW13 version of D.O.T.T.?
Unread 01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Star

Thanks a lot. I am happy that you guys are enjoying it.

After starting a career as Adrian Street I realized that I failed to set up Joint with their European Style of wrestling - or their hard-line stance on cheating. If you wish to do so, you may want to go into the editor and change those settings.

Match Types: European
Gimmick Matches: Never
Match Energy Settings: 80/40/15
Match Rules: Minor Cheating = Illegal

Be advised that the rounds system can make for some brutally long matches, especially amongst the better Main Event wrestlers. Hopefully those new match energy settings will help a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleManiac View Post
... Is there a TEW13 version of D.O.T.T.?
Unless someone else has updated it along the way, not that I am aware of.
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:08 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleManiac View Post
Loving this mod. Great job.

Is there a TEW13 version of D.O.T.T.?
No sadly there hasn't been a DBG version of DOTT since I wanna say 07. A few guys converted it to 08 and maybe even 10 but nothing official in the least.
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Minor League

Thanks Boon. You are the man!
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Low Minors

Lately, I've lost some of my interest for WreSpi 3 but this mod makes me want to play it again.

Thank you for all your work Boon !
Unread 01-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Minor League

Although I'll forever be an Indy worker who makes short runs in small companies I love this mod
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhabeeb View Post
Although I'll forever be an Indy worker who makes short runs in small companies I love this mod
Thanks!

While working on an update I've alternated between established stars (Buzz Sawyer, The Spoiler, Bob Backlund, Dynamite Kid), young up-and-comers (Muta, Sabu), and my own bear hunter (Otis Grizzly).

The established guys are obviously a lot easier (w. Sawyer and Backlund maybe too easy - heh). With the younger guys I seem to constantly find myself cruising along nicely, yet failing at key storylines. There is always that one guy (or bear cub, lol) that proves a constant storyline killer.

Whenever I get too frustrated, I do my best to join the Bear Man's Circus. At the very least, I will always get some laughs out of beating up midgets.