Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Default RELEASE: Cornellverse 1997 (CV97)

The Cornellverse 1997 (CV97)

DOWNLOAD - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ee8te7 (about 8Mb)
DOWNLOAD - http://www.tewverse.com/ (coming soon)
more links to come....

BASIC INFO

WORKERS: 913 start of 2322 total
PROMOTIONS: 23 start of 115 total

Most other information taken from the default Cornellverse, such as angles, storylines and injuries.

A QUICK OVERVIEW

USA: The arrival of JK Stallings and his huge pots of cash has created HGC, the first real competition to the SWF in a looong time. Featuring many former SWF stars and a wealth of talent taken from around the world and the exciting East Coast Wars, HGC are yet to crown their first champion or hold their first PPV event. The SWF are still the dominant promotion and have been building up a new generation of stars to replace the likes of Dread, Chord and Strong (all now with HGC) by promotion Bruce The Giant, Christian Faith, Sam Keith and Sean McFly as their top guys. With two deep and talented rosters, North America is all about them just now.

On the East Coast is a continued battle for supremacy as XFW, PPPW, DAVE and RPW battle it out to be number one... and to eventually mount a challenge to the new Big Two. Each promotion has it's own flavour and stars, but who (if anyone) will emerge as the victor?

And don't forget about the other small promotions in the craptacular AMW, the modern CZCW and the traditional NYCW who all occupy their own niches... while NEW helps to generate the stars of tomorrow for the SWF.

CANADA: The country is, as ever, a family turf war as the DeColts of CGC take on the Stones of NOTBPW. Pitting an entertainment driven style up against traditional wrestling, both sides are great at what they do as they look to become the dominant force in Canada. A new upstart promotion looks to go against both as 4C promote an intense mix of modern action and violence unlike anything Canada has ever seen before, breaking into the market recently. NOTBPW's latest tactic to try to win the stalemate comes in the form of the women's division founded by Victoria Stone, who hopes it will be enough to launch the company to #1 status.

MEXICO: The old rivals of MPWF and OLLIE continue to rebuild for a modern era... OLLIE have adopted a lot of entertainment influences from the SWF that have proven to be unsuccessful, leading to them losing much ground over the last decade. MPWF have been using a lot of foreign workers to boost their ranks, which has been successful in giving them an edge. Both promotions are looking to rise up over the coming months and years, but will one of them turn out to be the dominant promotion or will a new challenge emerge to take the top spot?

UNITED KINGDOM: MOSC currently go unchallenged in the UK but with the industry on the rise and a lot of new talent emerging it can only be a matter of time before they face stiff competition from someone.

EUROPE: The EWCW promotion in Austria has been the continent's only real wrestling promotion in recent years, a venture led by Len Schultz who also looks to make a lot of money from it. Ultimately there has been some great matches in the company as guys like Ricky Dale Johnson and Yosuke Narita passed through their doors but the continent is still awaiting something to really kickstart wrestling in Europe.

JAPAN: With BHOTWG sitting atop the world with the stars like Kikkawa, Kudo, Optimus and the Elementals on the roster their position as number one in Japan has been unchallenged for a long time. That was until the debut of PGHW in 1996 which has seen wrestling hit a whole new level as the hard hitting young stars attempt to make themselves known against some of Japan's finest veteran talent. GCG are in a rebuilding phase as the debuts of both PGHW and HGC first saw their local talent pool drained and then their imported stars lured away, leaving GCG in a weakened state but still ready to advance. 5SSW dominate women's wrestling as always with their "Magic Three" leading a new era of stars in the promotion, while the Hinote Dojo continue to feed graduates to BHOTWG via their training program that is second to none. The recent trend in hardcore, weapons based violence has not gone un-noticed and there are rumours that a new promotion centered around that is going to form soon.

AUSTRALIA: The Australian subcontinent is a wild rabble of an affair, with little organisation or talent after the departures of The Outbackers and Bruce The Giant to the SWF. Even so, there remains a core of tough combatants ready and willing to put their bodies on the line and it seems like only a matter of time before someone tries to organise a real promotion in the area.

RECOMMENDATIONS

While everyone is more than entitled to play the game as they see fit, for the sake of the historical mod I would recommend you play with the following options for the best game experience.

- New Worker Generation (OFF for accuracy)
- Worker Regeneration (OFF to begin with, for maybe a decade or so)

Of course if you want to take advantage of an ever expanding gameworld and some of TEW2010's features then leaving generation on a low setting is still fun, though regeneration should probably still be left off. Relationship generation is a personal preference but I'd go with low as the default Cornellverse doesn't have a lot of significant relationships in the file, and those that are have already mostly been covered.

DOWNLOAD - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ee8te7 (about 8Mb)
more links to come....

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Before you do anything, go to the main game editor -> Create Database. Call it whatever you want but I'd call it "CV97" for ease of use.

Step 2: Take the files you have downloaded and use winzip or winRAR to extract them. You should then have 3 folders; Logos 1997, People 1997 and CV97.

Step 3: You should then copy and paste ALL of the files from each folder to the following locations on your computer. Assuming you have installed TEW2010 to C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2010 then follow these steps on where to install each. If you have installed elsewhere then the folder structure will be the same but obviously in a different place on your computer.

- The contents (not the folder itself, just the contents) of Logos 1997 should be copied over to C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2010\Pictures\Default\Logos - you will be asked if you want to overwrite, click yes or no since I have included default logos, there will be no difference.
- The contents (not the folder itself, just the contents) of Pictures 1997 should be copied over to C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2010\Pictures\Default\Pictures - there should be no duplicate pictures here
- The contents (not the folder itself, just the contents) of CV97 should be copied over to C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2010\Databases\CV97 - you should be copying over ALL the .tw0 files AND two folders named "Graphics" and "SavedGames".

Step 4: To make sure your pictures will all show, select the CV97 database in the game (it will show up if correctly installed), use the editor to go to Database Info and make sure the Picture Folder is set to "Default". This dataset uses the default Cornellverse pictures with some additions, which is why we were adding the various pictures and logos to the Pictures folder earlier. It also greatly reduces the size of the download, which is handy.

You should now be ready to play the dataset if all has gone well. If not, please try to follow the instructions again and make sure you have followed all the instructions to make sure TEW2010 is operating properly on your computer. The TEW2010 Tech Support forum has solutions for the most common problems AND has the latest patch for playing the game, so make sure to be using that whenever you can.

---------------

If you see anything that looks wrong, is completely inaccurate, typos, weird stats.... anything worth noting basically, feel free to let me know. I fully intend to make one more update to this dataset to take advantage of all the other Cornellverse databases being made and fill in some significant blanks here, especially tag teams.

Thanks to everyone, as always, for the interest support and continued feedback. Hopefully you mod makers will find lots of useful stuff in this download and you players will enjoy it. Thanks as ever to Adam Ryland himself for putting up with me and to everyone whose data and ideas I've stolen to make this dataset.

And now... enjoy!!

- Derek B

Last edited by Derek B : 11-28-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Living Legend

Woohoo! Downloading now!
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Phenom

Joy in my heart ! Thanks for making this mod again this year Derek.
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Super Star

'Nuff said.
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Star

Well done matey, kudos on all your hardwork. Iv never played the c'verse but will download this to see how the experts do things Also if you dnt mind i might have to steel your installation instruction!
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Low Minors

Thanks for this, will probably download it tomorrow. I've only just got into the Cornellverse after buying TEW 2010 and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Super Star

I'm finding quite a few unattached pictures. It's mostly the people who's default pictures names were changed from '08 to '10 data. Like Agent 69's default pic is now named Zoe Ammis, etc.

Still, awesome work man.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Super Star

edit

Last edited by Nightshadeex : 01-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping von Erich View Post
I'm finding quite a few unattached pictures. It's mostly the people who's default pictures names were changed from '08 to '10 data. Like Agent 69's default pic is now named Zoe Ammis, etc.

Still, awesome work man.
Bah! Forgot I'd copied over the old picture files during the development of the game and hadn't changed it. Always meant to but never did... time to go reassign me some pictures!
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Super Star

thanks for this look forward to playing this.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Phenom

East coast wars here i come again. I think a real war is going to be awsome now. With dirty tricks and so forth.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Low Minors

Loved this mod for the 08 game, just started downloading it for this one and cannot wait!
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Hall of Fame

1. It's snowing outside! SNOWING!!! Hey, it's a big deal in this part of the world.

2. WOOT! Guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week.
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Low Minors

Where's HWA?
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrollo View Post
Where's HWA?
Did you really think that Harlem would last from '75 to '97?