Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-18-2019, 01:29 AM
Living Legend

Default Product Appeal

I am not sure if this has ever been brought up or not. Or if it is even possible to implement. But I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that product appeal is more appealing in certain areas.

What I mean by that is, say Pure and Realism would be more valuable in Japan due to the fact that they prefer their wrestling to be more hard-hitting/realistic.
Whereas in the western countries those two products would be less appealing.

The reason why I bring this up is because whenever I play as a Japanese company (which is not often) I notice that my sponsorship money gets dinged due to have those two product features at key or heavy. Now if that is the type of wrestling that the audience is used to, why should it be dinged?

I would think the fans would want those features to be key in countries where that is the norm for promotions. Therefore, the theoretical advertisers would also not stay away from promotions that have those features heavily featured in their product.

Whereas in North America I could see advertisers shying away from companies that heavily feature those features in their product. Mainly because the majority of the audience would not want to watch companies that heavily feature that sort of product.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 06-18-2019 at 01:46 AM.
Unread 06-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Super Star

Well, trends are already a thing in the game. I believe the button is on the product screen, but I believe they only influence attendances and how quickly your company's popularity increases.

I never thought about but I agree that it would make sense to have sponsorship tied to trends, as well.
Unread 06-19-2019, 08:27 PM

There are different kind of sponsors for different kind of products IRL.

NJPW and WWE attract a very different kind of sponsors, with the "Mainstream Traditional" Key feature giving them the highest paying sponsors, like Snickers, KFC, etc.

Since there are no specific named sponsors in the series, I think it work well enough with the different trends and settings for different parts of the world.