Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Major League

Default ThunderVerse's Professional Wrestling League [Interactive]

Roster List: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...3&postcount=18
Draft List: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...4&postcount=28

PWL
Professional Wrestling League

Quote:
Hey guys, I was feeling some TEW and some ThunderVerse but I wanted a really basic project that was nevertheless fun. I present to you the Professional Wrestling League.

What is it?
A performance-focused tournament-centric wrestling company. There are a total of 31 tournaments across the year of various sorts, heavily inspired by New Japan Pro Wrestling and Japanese wrestling in general to a degree. The roster is divided into 8 factions at the start of the year each with 13 wrestlers in total.

How do you fit in?
The interactive part is limited to 8 members and the interaction mostly relies on a) representing a faction/team and therefore drafting the players in that faction and b) choosing which of your faction members will participate in any given tournament. All you need on your part is a familiarity with the ThunderVerse (first year mainly, I think). If this goes past a season (year) then really you'd be relying on past results since some wrestlers would have changed and developed (or not) from the original data. It's almost like a fantasy league or you being a very limited manager of a wrestling camp.

How are results decided?
Last professional match performance (anything within a tournament or for a title). If A had a 64 last match and B had a 72 in their last match then B would win. I won't be showing you individual wrestler grades but you'll probably have a decent impression of how well they did based off the overall match grade and how well they're doing overall. I'm not quite sure how this will look at the end of the year (will we have one guy whose so good no one can touch him?) but we'll see. It can be unpredictable in many ways because I still have to do match aims, and sometimes a loss can piss off somebody and snowball really badly. Bad momentum can be a career sinker as well. That's also not to mention popularity, stamina issues, and all the other stuff that make the game complex. Won't be surprised if there's a high roster turnover. If a wrestler has never wrestled for the company, then the game will be given leeway to decide who wins (this will usually happen a lot at the start of the season and might mean for some upsets)

The Draft
The draft will be divided in 13 rounds and will roll with a serpentine order. The first year, first to sign up will get first pick. In subsequent years, the worst team will get first pick and best team will get last pick though each team will get to keep a wrestler, and their young lion if they so choose (so as to not wholly penalize the best team). Once I get the eight sign-ups (if I do) then I'll unveil the options. I suggest when you do draft to keep in mind nationality and if they're working for other companies.

If a wrestler is unavailable?
This is the only significant question I can imagine right now so I'll answer this off the bat. If a wrestler is unavailable, you'll usually have the option of a substitute within your faction. If a wrestler is injured for past the end of the season or your back-up(s) are unavailable or a wrestler has left the company then you will be able to promote a Young Lion of any faction or of the developmental company (once we get one), otherwise, the commissioner (that is I) will sign the best available option in free agency. Whoever loses a Young Lion in these circumstances will be able to grab a new one from development or be assigned one (of their division of choice) from free agency by the commissioner if there is none available. Largely the free agency bit probably won't happen much once we have a developmental company. Usually, we'll just postpone a match if a wrestler is unavailable. I have a match order list so I'll just check the next eligible match on my list (see: the next match where no one else on the card is working and/or unavailable)

How can a wrestler leave the company?
I'll be starting the company at local size but with quasi-unlimited funds (necessary due to the huge amount of shows in a year) so early on, everyone is on PPA contracts which means we may have plenty of wrestlers signed away, or appearing at another show and thus unavailable for us. I will pay whatever is necessary to keep a wrestler around so don't fret about that. I imagine early on this will make for a pretty erratic schedule for the company. Oh, and we roll on a 3 strike policy for drug use. 1 strike is a fine. 2 strikes is suspension. 3 strikes is rehab/suspension (if we don't yet have rehab available). If it happens once more, they're fired. We have a high level drug policy but I don't judge people for soft drug use.

How do you decide which faction wins at the end of a season?
The most tournament victories. There are 32 tournaments. Each round robin tournament is worth 5 points, each elimination tournament is worth 3 points and each nationality-based tournament will be worth 1 point. You're thus encouraged to have well-balanced teams. A faction will get a bonus 5 points for each titles its holding at the end of the season to lend emphasis on how significant the 'big' show is since it's the final opportunity to get the title. The big shows challengers depend on who won the round-robin for that respective division. Hopefully there won't be too many double bookings. I'll figure that out on a case by case basis. In the end, there are 126 points for the taking. The season-ending show will ensure we can have a last minute swing in points thanks to the title matches.

What's the schedule like exactly?
There are three events per week with five matches per event. I have a set match order so the next match I can book (see: the guys are available and wouldn't be wrestling twice) will be booked on the show. The goal will be to grow the company to the point where having to deal with booking clashes won't matter anymore. Every month there will also be a 'major event'/pay-per-view. This event will see all titles defended. Defenses will be decided by the board (aka me) taking in a variety of factors. Winners will be decided in the same way they always are (best last grade in a ranked match). Typically, this may be as simple as: did we have a recent tournament winner for a particular division? Say we had a US Heavyweight tournament winner recently; he'd get a shot for that division.

Those nationals, tho?
One of the biggest issues will undoubtedly be with regards to national tournaments and how they'll work. Firstly, everyone will get to submit an eligible wrestler for it. Once all wrestlers in the roster that are eligible for a national have entered (and yes, a faction can enter twice if another faction doesn't have an entry) then the board will sign wrestlers to participate. Those wrestlers will be accorded to a faction based on whichever faction is next in line for a pick that does not yet have an entry. Initially, the order will be the reverse of the drafts but thereafter, anyone who gets a pick moves to the back of the line. Your best option is to have a wrestler eligible in your faction.

Seedings:
Seedings are decided based on a wrestler's record. The wrestlers with the best records when the seeding is done will typically have the easiest route in the tournament. Best records are decided by points, wins are worth three points, draws are worth 1 point. There will be three posts for rankings in each division which will be updated after each show. This is for cups & nationals. For round-robins, these will still be taken into account but same-faction wrestlers will be put in opposite divisions before their records are taken into account.

I'll unveil the tournaments, the titles, and the wrestlers available once we've established the 8 participants. Shows will generally be posted 1 a day, with very basic results (generally tale of the tape type stuff like if they've faced before and what not). There will typically be a 48hr period for managers to choose who participates in a tournament. If a manager is missing without warning, I'll see if someone else wants to take their spot. I suggest you keep TVerse handy for the first draft.

Participants
1. MHero
2. BigPapa42
3. Tiberious
4. foolinc
5. kanegan
6. Adelwolf
7. Mr. Jones
8. Markw

Links
Official Camps
Official Heavyweight Rankings
Official Lightweight Rankings
Official Women Rankings
United-States Heavyweight Tournament Preview
United-States Lightweight Tournament Preview
United-States Women Tournament Preview
Order of Tournaments
Camp Crystal Lake
Camp Excess
MadKampie
Young Lions Cup Tournament Preview
Canadian Heavyweight Tournament Preview
Canadian Lightweight Tournament Preview

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 03-18-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Major League

The Tournaments

Quote:
The tournaments can be divided into three types and further then into divisions. In order to not put any division below the other, one division may not necessarily yield more value than any other. Leagues are round-robin tournaments with two groups. Cups are single-elimination tournaments. Nationals are also single-elimination tournaments but they're restricted by nationalities. Divisions are heavyweights (middleweight and over), lightweights (lightweights and under), women (...women). The names are generic though as the seasons go by, they may be renamed off accomplished wrestlers or teams with the exception of the nationals. Trios involve one wrestler of each division.

Typically, cups and nationals will be the first tournaments done and the round robins won't really start till after that but circumstances may change that (say we have to postpone a cup/national because of a booking clash). Outside of division restrictions, anyone can participate in a tournament (wrestlers delineated as tag team must be submitted for tag team-based tournaments however). It's worth noting that a champion must defend their title anytime they compete in a fitting match (so a singles title won't need to be defended in a tag match and vice versa, and a heavyweight title won't be defended against a lightweight). It wouldn't be a bad idea to stall defenses by keeping your wrestler from competing in a tournament but then again, if your champion is a champion then he probably is good enough to fend off challengers anyways. Tournament winners will always get a future shot at whatever division their won tournament is in. Round robin winners will get their guaranteed shot at the major show at the end of the season.

With regards to nationals, inevitably we may miss out on some nationalities for some divisions. In such cases, the necessary wrestlers will be signed on temporary contracts, and later on, will be chosen from the developmental side (with me taking care to ensure there's the necessary amount there to compensate).

The Leagues (8)
World Heavyweight League
World Lightweight League
World Women League
World Tag Heavyweight League
World Tag Lightweight League
World Tag Women League
World Trios League
World Young Lions League

The Cups (6)
World Heavyweight Cup
World Lightweight Cup
World Women Cup
Young Lions Cup: Nathan Jordan (The Royals Camp) def. Mattias Taylor, Chris King & Jeremy Vile
Legends Cup
Openweight Cup

The Nationals (18)
United-States Heavyweight: Guillermo Buey (Grappling Arts Camp) def. Juggernaut, Monstrosity & Daniel Azaria
United-States Lightweight: Kris Phoenix (Hell's Mounties Camp) def. Scorpion, Yokai Dragon & Nathan Jordan
United-States Women: Tegan Merritt (Hell's Mounties Camp) def. Addyson Jett, Bonnie Rain & June Black
Canada Heavyweight: Adam Massey (Camp Crystal Lake) def. Pierre Lejosne, Dread Nocturn & Kirk Burton
Canada Lightweight
Canada Women
United-Kingdom Heavyweight
United-Kingdom Lightweight
United-Kingdom Women
Mexico Heavyweight
Mexico Lightweight
Mexico Women
Japan Heavyweight
Japan Lightweight
Japan Women
Rest of the World Heavyweight
Rest of the World Lightweight
Rest of the World Women

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 03-29-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Living Legend

I'm down for this Jon, looks a good set up.
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
I'm down for this Jon, looks a good set up.
Happy to have you on board <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faction Composition

Quote:
Faction composition is pretty vital. You have 13 positions to fill in your faction but you can fill them in any order you want. Its pretty important to consider nationality when you do or you might miss out on competing in a tournament.

1. A Heavyweight
2. B Heavyweight
3. C Heavyweight
4. Tag Heavyweight
5. Tag Heavyweight
6. Lightweight
7. Tag Lightweight
8. Tag Lightweight
9. Women
10. Tag Women
11. Tag Women
12. Young Lion
13. Veteran

Before each tournament, you'll typically be allowed to choose who participates but there's a catch. For tag tournaments, if both your tag wrestlers are eligible, they must participate. For singles tournaments,
at least one of your singles wrestlers must participate. Young Lions and Veterans are only eligible as replacements or if you have no other option.

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 03-03-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Living Legend

Jon! Good to see you about, mon frère. I didn't even read the rules thoroughly, but I'm in!
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Jon! Good to see you about, mon frère. I didn't even read the rules thoroughly, but I'm in!
Nice to see you too <3 Happy to have you.

& Rules arent too complicated. Ill probs put up a tl;dr when its time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 03-03-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Living Legend

Dibs on Muchas Cars Jr.
Unread 02-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Super Star

Seems like fun, I'll take a spot.
Unread 02-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Major League

Quote:
Dibs on Muchas Cars Jr.
I'm going to presume there's an insider thing about him idk about e_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Seems like fun, I'll take a spot.
Great to have you Tibs!

Final roster update. Hopefully we can get 5 more people

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 03-03-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
I'm going to presume there's an insider thing about him idk about e_e
His name is Muchas Caras Jr, you've missed the a in his surname.

That said, giving him a mechanic gimmick isn't a bad way to go...
Unread 02-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Major League

Quote:
His name is Muchas Caras Jr, you've missed the a in his surname.

That said, giving him a mechanic gimmick isn't a bad way to go...
Gods damn it. I'm going to fix that now

Maybe its the name for when he wears his car mask? iuno.
Unread 02-01-2018, 03:19 PM
All Star

I'm in. Let's do this thing!
Unread 02-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
I'm in. Let's do this thing!
Glad to have you on board.

Halfway there then we can draft
Unread 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Super Star

So for Nationals would you miss out on participating if you don't have anyone whose the appropriate Natonality/Division? So for like a ROTW Lightweight cup does whoever drafts Sugarskull just automatically win it since he's the only ROTW Lightweight on the draft board?

Edit: Also I see Super Tiger under Heavyweights, he should be a lightweight right? Same deal for Natsume Doi and Dragon Michinoku. On the opposite end of the spectrum Richie Santana Jr is listed as a lightweight even though he's a Middleweight, so you could swap him with Super Tiger.

Then again if you're truly emulating NJPW then allowing exceptions to your weight class structures is perfectly fitting

Last edited by Tiberious : 02-01-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
So for Nationals would you miss out on participating if you don't have anyone whose the appropriate Natonality/Division? So for like a ROTW Lightweight cup does whoever drafts Sugarskull just automatically win it since he's the only ROTW Lightweight on the draft board?

Edit: Also I see Super Tiger under Heavyweights, he should be a lightweight right? Same deal for Natsume Doi and Dragon Michinoku.

Then again if you're truly emulating NJPW then allowing exceptions to your weight class structures is perfectly fitting
Nope. I was going to explain it already but I felt it'd probably be confusing until you had a tangible example to understand. What'll happen is that I'll call up someone from developmental (we don't currently have one) or sign/loan wrestlers. Then, in order, teams that don't have anyone eligible will draft. There will be tournaments where some factions will miss out (say if they're too low on the draft to fill up the 8th spot), but they'll end up first in line for the next draft. These draftees will be viewed as honorary representatives.

Super, Natsume & DRAGON are all middleweights in-game. Heavyweight will be viewed as middleweight and above and lightweight will be lightweight and below.