Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Bowl Bound General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-13-2015, 12:33 PM

It simply amazes me a new version of this game has not been made!!!
Unread 06-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
It simply amazes me a new version of this game has not been made!!!
Of all the games this college football one would be at the top of my list. There is nothing out there that isn't more than 7 years old and BBFG is fast approaching 10. It's still a very good game but with all the changes over the course of time, wow is all I can say.

On this thread the info William added in here is great. I used a lot of his ideas when breaking things down in my own games.
Unread 08-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Rookie

I've read this thread several times over and running the ball is just ridiculous. The game engine just seems to totally disregard match-ups when it comes my team. I'm trying to play out one of my games right now and my starting LG is rated 85 in Run Block, 68 Strength, 82 Aggr. My LT is 77 RB, 69 STR. The opposing team DT is 64 POA and 24 STR. Let me repeat that. 24 Strength. The DE thats lined up against my LT is 46 POA and 48 STR. A CLEAR match-up advantage in my favor and yet i'm getting no yardage. I'm getting insane results like the SS is closing up the hole as fast as it opened or whatever the play by play is. Here's the thing... the SS is not blitzing. Their in a zone coverage yet their ridiculously weak D-linemen are somehow holding the point of attack long enough for the SS who is not blitzing to close the hole before my RB can get through it. And this is on quick straight ahead plays like "Power" or "Straight - LG". I've restarted this game like 4 times because i can't make it through three offensive drives without getting frustrated when i look at my run totals and i'm averaging like 1 yard a carry. I shouldn't have to "loosen up the D" or trick the CPU by running in pass situations. Not in this match-up. I have a clear talent advantage that's producing ridiculous results. This is what steered me away from calling plays back in the early years of this game because the fun is just sucked out of it with crap like this. I'm convinced that there's a difficulty programmed against the human in this aspect of the game unless you have 5 All-American type linemen like the ones posted earlier in this thread. I should be able to play to the strength of my team in the right match-up and not be forced to throw the ball 50+ times against a weak D-line to move the ball and score points. That defeats the purpose of recruiting, gameplanning, match-up's, etc.
Unread 08-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Low Minors

not quite.

Yes, I do agree that the running seems to be skewed against the human, but there are more things to OL usage.

Do you know their hands ratings? If an OL has weak hands he can be pushed off balance by someone with better hand placement and all his strength is for nothing.

Also, do you use conventional formations? If you keep running I formation or pro formation-up the middle eventually teams will know this and adapt to it. So use other formations like wing and wishbone and stuff.

That is called in game adaptations. Even the best recruits and players can be failed by poor coaching

I play as Kentucky now and I don't always have stellar talent but even I can get good rushing yards out of them sometimes.
Unread 08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Rookie

Nah man its no excuse for this stuff. What formation i run out of should not have that severe of an impact when the talent gap is that wide. Teams know what formations and what plays the teams they're facing are going to run but you still have to have the physical ability to stop it. My offense is doesn't include those option-like formations so i don't run them (they're marked red). My RB's are not fast so it doesn't make sense to run a lot of outside plays but the few i run also are stuffed. Excuses have always been made for this aspect of the game and what "may" be happening under the hood of the game engine but it's funny how none of this applies to the CPU. If they have the talent advantage on me they can pretty much run at will. It's just skewed. I've owned this game too long and experienced it too much to believe otherwise.
Unread 08-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Low Minors

I said at the beginning of my post that the running was skewed against the human.

Then I offered ways to get around that.

Skewed or not, the game is how it is. and since an update does not seem to be happening, we can either play how it is and scheme differently or not.

You do realize that you can still run formations that are marked red, right? The better the talent level, the less the penalty
Unread 09-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Low Minors

anybody have problem with a runtime error? I keep getting a run time error saying Run Time Error '48' Error in downloading DLL? Anybody know what to do to get the came up and running?
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Minor League

I just started a game with Charlotte, who are a bottom five team and have maybe two players who are rated in the yellow, with the rest worse. I've scheduled a very soft schedule in our first season, but we just got blown out by New Mexico State after allowing eight sacks, two interceptions and multiple fumbles. Our defense is mediocre but easily the best part of the team. What can be done to improve this terrible team?
Unread 03-01-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemajestic33 View Post
anybody have problem with a runtime error? I keep getting a run time error saying Run Time Error '48' Error in downloading mega moolah online slots? Anybody know what to do to get the came up and running?
I'm having this issue. Any fix?

Last edited by jake baulder : 03-02-2018 at 01:10 AM.