Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-04-2019, 11:41 PM

I started a game with XCC and would like to book Phillip Zillow for a bantamweight title match. He is currently my featherweight champ. How should I do this? Should I just book him in a catchweight bout against the current bantamweight champ and put the belt on the line? Or should I change his weight class and then book him for the fight? If I move him to bantamweight will he be stripped of his current featherweight title?
Unread 07-05-2019, 02:40 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
I started a game with XCC and would like to book Phillip Zillow for a bantamweight title match. He is currently my featherweight champ. How should I do this? Should I just book him in a catchweight bout against the current bantamweight champ and put the belt on the line? Or should I change his weight class and then book him for the fight? If I move him to bantamweight will he be stripped of his current featherweight title?
For title matches you could do catchweight.

For other non-title "superfight" scenarios, you should move weight classes.
Unread 07-07-2019, 05:38 AM

Why do fighters sent out on loan to other companies almost always return on their own?
Unread 07-07-2019, 05:48 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeHit View Post
Why do fighters sent out on loan to other companies almost always return on their own?
Yeah, it's quite annoying if you have several child companies. The game considers them to be on your payroll (and they kinda are ).
Unread 07-07-2019, 11:16 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
For title matches you could do catchweight.

For other non-title "superfight" scenarios, you should move weight classes.
Interesting thing is, I always do it the other way around, but the titles at catchweight is always the safest bet.
Unread 07-17-2019, 01:48 PM

Default Several Quick Questions....

I was trying to make a mod for WMMA 5 and looking over the fighters, I got a few questions.....

1. Do regions have an influence on the fighter's fighting style? For example, do more fighters from South-east Asia take Muay Thai as their style (and less Europeans/Americans do)? I assume it does, but I don't think I've gained enough gaming time to ever be sure.

2. Can a world be kept healthy without regenerations (and only using the fighter creation option)? I noticed that whenver the # of fighters dropped below a certain threshold set, fighters would debut to make up for the shortage. I assumed that this would keep the game world "healthy" even without regenerations - but again, I never played any games for longer than 10 years, so I really can't tell.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for asking quite trivial questions!
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:41 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0morrow View Post
1. Do regions have an influence on the fighter's fighting style?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0morrow View Post
2. Can a world be kept healthy without regenerations (and only using the fighter creation option)?
Yes. The game doesn't care how a character is generated, it's only interested in the number of them available. Whether they're regenerated, imported, or populated makes no difference whatsoever.
Unread 07-20-2019, 09:27 AM

**Ignore, worked it out now!**
So I've just signed a few females to Gamma, created a title for them, but can't seem to pick them when it comes to match making......am I missing something?

Last edited by Evertonmarc : 07-20-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertonmarc View Post
**Ignore, worked it out now!**
So I've just signed a few females to Gamma, created a title for them, but can't seem to pick them when it comes to match making......am I missing something?

You have got a weight class and them assigned to it in roster screen haven't you?
Unread 07-25-2019, 02:23 PM

Default Fighter Pay

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can provide!

Is there any way to tinker with the salary settings for other companies? Perhaps some way to mod the database?

The fighter salaries are shockingly low across my universe, any way to make adjustments to result in more realistic fighter pay from the AI companies?
Unread 07-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdotH View Post
You have got a weight class and them assigned to it in roster screen haven't you?
Didn't realise there was a "weight class" option in your office. Had to set up the weight class - had the belt, just didn't have the class
Unread 07-29-2019, 07:07 PM

It seems like in-fight injuries only EVER happen to the nose, jaw, and wrist/arms. Is this by design? Is there a way to fix this? I've played 25 in game years and never seen, say, a concussion from a blow to a head (during the fight-- I've seen many of them during training).
Unread 07-30-2019, 01:09 AM
Low Minors

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance to whoever answers my question. I have been playing and am about a year and a half into a default game (except I brought back FLB with an internet billionaire who paid 2.5 mil to restart the promotion). I have started to acquire quite the roster and have a majority of the best in the World at this point. I am finally starting to see different Main Event "draw" language and I don't know the ranking of it all.

For example:

I was getting "potential main event" "decent main event" or "strong main event".

Now I am getting things like "great main even"t, "superb main event", etc.

My question is, can anyone let me know the order of which are the best?
My current opinion is:
-Superb Main Event
-Great Main Event
-Strong Main Event
-Decent Main Event
-Potential Main Event

(But i also don't know if there are more in between. If I'm correct or wrong, and someone could let me know I would really appreciate it).

Thanks!
Unread 07-30-2019, 04:57 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjanow View Post
It seems like in-fight injuries only EVER happen to the nose, jaw, and wrist/arms. Is this by design?
Yes. There are only a handful of injuries that are directly from specific lines of commentary, and those are primarily facial injuries, hand / arm breaks, and knee injuries. All other injuries are handled via the Injury file and are not linked to commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA012 View Post
-Superb Main Event
-Great Main Event
-Strong Main Event
-Decent Main Event
-Potential Main Event
Yes, that is the correct order.
Unread 08-02-2019, 03:12 AM
Minor League

So how exactly does one magically shake off a vicious pounding into the mat to choke out the opponent who's got him dead to rights? 'Cause that's the BS that just happened to me in my current game. This is meant to be MMA not pro wrestling!