BBCF Install and gameplay support FAQ (Go here first if you have any issues!)
First, always make sure you run the install and the game in "admin mode" to ensure you have the proper privileges.
Second, when running the install, try to close down as many programs as you can. Things like IE, firefox or Office can tie up fonts/DLLs that are in use - which can impact the install.
Finally, make sure after running the install or any of the above updates that you reboot before playing. A lot of times updates for pre-loaded controls/DLLs will not complete until you reboot as they may be in use.
Here are some specific solutions for certain issues/errors:
1. Your install freezes during the install and you need to cancel.
Solution: Some people have issues with the fonts installing and this causes the install to freeze. The fix involves downloading this zip and moving the fonts into your "fonts" folder in windows (which installs them):
Then, you can run one of the following "no fonts" installs:
For the purchased install: BBInstallNoFont.exe
For the Demo: BBInstallDemoNoFont.exe
2. If you are getting a runtime error 48 on Windows 7/8/10 users
Solution: There are two actions that have resolved this for most people.
First, if you have Windows 7 or 8 and are running 64 bit, a recent update of Windows Live has corrupted the registry when it comes to accessing a DLL. Microsoft has posted a fix for this. Do these steps to repair the error :
1. Download this win32key.zip file (only for Windows 7-8 with 64-bit !)
2. Unzip the file on your desktop
3. Double-click the file to repair the registry (you will be prompted by the UAC for administrator rights - Allow)
If that fix didn't work (or you have Windows 10 or 32-bit 7/8), try this solution:
1. Locate the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL (64 bit) or C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL (32 bit)
2. Copy the file "DAO360.DLL" and paste it into your Bowl Bound College Football directory.
Make sure to keep the file also in your Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO folder as well. So, you would have 2 instances of the file - one in the shared DAO folder and one in your Bowl Bound folder.
3. If you have font/button/viewing issues within the game
Solution: Make sure your DPI in windows is set to 96 and your font size is normal. You can do this by right-clicking your desktop, selecting properties and clicking the "Appearance" tab. The font size there should be "Normal". Next, click the "Settings" tab and choose "Advanced". The DPI option should be "96".
4. Error 3343 “Unrecognized Database Format
Solution: Uninstall the game and download the latest full install version from the site. Right-click the EXE and select "run in administrator mode". Once that is done, start a new league from scratch, run a few weeks and then save and quit. Reload that save and run a few more weeks. If you don't have any issues then you should be all set. This error is a result of not initially running the install in admin mode, not running the game in admin mode, using a bad mod or not having the proper database DLLs installed.
If none of the above resolved your issue, please create a post in this forum with the specifics on the issue you are having.
Last edited by Arlie Rahn : 10-17-2016 at 12:11 PM.