Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-12-2018, 07:09 AM
All Star

Oof, James Justice? Not sure that was the best idea in the long run. Guess you couldn't bring him in on a one-off to drop some pop?

Edit: Yeah, definitely start jobbing him out. Go back to the Mythical One and have James job to every heel on the roster. Or heck, push the Vessey kid to the moon and see where it goes.

Last edited by Hashasheen : 06-12-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:11 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where the only publicity we’re getting is bad publicity…

In his first ever match, The Masked Mauler VII won the RIPW Championship from some bodybuilder called Atlas. Good for him. Aldous Blackfriar, the Dark Prince we released has only gone and shot a shoot video on NYCW. Despite his HATRED of me, he apparently singled out Ralph Liotta as the source of all our problems. That is NOT how I remembered it.

Welcome to Boston 17: Rumble in Boston
Thursday, Week 3, January, 2020
The Den, Boston, New England
Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT!)

NYCW WORLD TITLE FOURWAY MATCH: Nigel Svensson and Scorpius defeated The Marvelous Ones (c), Legacy and Richard Faber and Perren Cloutier in 9:43; the order of elimination was Richard Faber and Perren Cloutier first, then Legacy, and finally The Marvelous Ones. (D)
There you go, you whinging nobodies. You’ve got a win. Don’t worry though, it’s a DQ win, so the belts stay with the talented team with the future.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated Rust Dillon in 6:19 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E+)
Oh wow, I really was expecting better here. Not to mention, the thing dragging the matches down is the youngster on a mission. I was regretting this plan already.

ANGLE: Rust Dillon is in the ring. Out of nowhere, Azrael hits the ring and attacks. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves Dillon completely destroyed. (E)
Eurgh. The crowd just DO NOT care about Azrael. I can’t really blame them. Or can I… No, no I can’t.

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Garry Walker in 10:13 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (C-)
It’s a rematch from Empire City Showdown and the result is the same. Good match too as Walker does everything in his power to make Vessey look like a world-beater. It’s the one bright spot in an otherwise poor roster right now.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo praising his opponent, but letting the world know that the sky is the limit and the Vessey name will be rewritten because of him, so forget all other Vessey’s. (C-)
Is that a little dig at cousin Cameron by any chance? No doubt Larry has been in his ear.

SINGLES MATCH: Elemental IV defeated Doctor O'Haire in 7:45 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D-)
As I look at the booking sheet, I have to question what the point is of the majority of my matches. Take this one for instance. Who cares? I’m fairly sure I don’t

ANGLE: Mr. Morrisette is out to say he’s taken a shine to young Ralph Liotta and would like to manage him. Ralph, ever the opportunist, happily accepts. (B-)
Now that’s a team set for super-stardom.

SINGLES MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated PRIDE Koiso in 7:58 by pinfall with a Super Kick after Mr. Morrisette interfered. (D-)
And he starts by only getting a D- match out of one of the top 100 workers on the planet. Oh dear. When it rains, it pours.

SINGLES MATCH: Hugh de Aske defeated William Jetterson in 10:20 by count out. (D+)
A modicum of revenge for de Aske as Jetterson’s push disappears in the rear-view mirror. Not a bad little match though.

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (B+)
The crowd are now clearly aware of what I knew from the moment he threw a punch. Justice has LOST IT.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: James Justice (c) defeated Eddie Howard in 27:31 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C-)
Wow. So once again, a C- match out of our top other face and physical specimen. The wheels have fallen off and the Empire World Title now has a prestige of C+, meaning fans actually prefer our tag titles.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Texas Rough Riders defeated Julius Moor and The Mythical One in 12:40 when The Mythical One was disqualified while fighting The Hangman. (C)
And because we know that Justice is done, we actually remove him from the main event in favour of this matchup, which then itself under-delivers. Like, seriously, what the HELL is going around here?

OVERALL: C

Like he was voicing my own frustrations, Rust Dillon complained about the booking. Yeah, I know Rust, I’m trying my best here.

Let’s just get this awful month out of the way shall we?

Old School Wrestling
Thursday, Week 4, January, 2021
McGaw Arena, Brooklyn, New York City, New York
Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT!)

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Rust Dillon and Perren Cloutier defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 10:10 when Austin Smooth was counted out while fighting Rust Dillon. (D)
Sod it, why not? Let’s have the tag team champions lose every week to a team made up of whichever stars moan the loudest. Match sucked too.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated Garry Walker in 4:31 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (D)
I increase the quality of his opponents and the match quality improves too. I’m still not convinced, but since Henry and Valentine left, I’m not convinced about anything.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Julius Moor. (C+)
Speaking of increasing the quality of the opponents, Chuck is onto main eventers already. Good for him.

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Julius Moor in 12:51 by pinfall after using the ropes for leverage. (C-)
Decent match, although Moor remained furious about losing to the former rookie. I don’t know what to tell you Julius, I know you’ll be jumping ship at the first semi-decent offer, so I’m sorry I want you to put over younger talent.

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (B)

GANG WARS MATCH: Ralph Liotta and Texas Rough Riders drew with Eddie Howard, James Justice and The Mythical One in 27:45 following a double disqualification. (C+)
That’s a bit better. I suppose if I can bury Justice in a massive multi-man match, his broken down body won’t look so awful in comparison. Hey, I’ll take what I can get.

OVERALL: C+

Over in MAW, The Architect won The Rip Chord Invitational XVI, which makes me think I’m wasting his talents currently. We actually made a loss this month, which is probably down to Justice’s MONSTER WAGES. I’m so glad I made him our figurehead.

That’s the lesson here kids. Never panic-push an old star.

Next time on Welcome to New York… We continue to panic-push old stars…
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:13 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where our top champion is in the third match from the top of the card…

Right new plan as we build towards Rush Hour. James Justice sucks, so let’s move him into a more comfortable midcard role (as our figurehead and world champion) and see if we can get better results with better workers at the top of the card.

Welcome to New York 43: The Mythical Blaze
Thursday, Week 1, February, 2021

TEN MAN BATTLE ROYAL: Azrael won a battle royal in 10:17. The other members of the 'final four' were Rust Dillon, Elemental IV and Garry Walker, with Rust Dillon being the final elimination. Elemental IV got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D)
If we keep Azrael in battle royals, he might just get over. The problem I’ve got then is; do I actually want him to get over?

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Legacy defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 12:54 when The Architect was counted out while fighting Bret Heartbreak. (C-)
Another matchup between these two teams and another loss for the champs with another retain. The Architect and Austin Smooth argued throughout the match to boot. Was there dissension in the ranks?

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Hugh de Aske in 12:45 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (D+)
Just keep putting the kid over clean and hope he somehow jumps up to a bonafide, big-time player. He’s certainly got ALL the skills necessary and is only lacking popularity from higher and more impressive grades.

SINGLES MATCH: Julius Moor defeated The Hangman in 8:15 by count out. (D+)
Big win for Moor here to make up for his terrible loss last week. The Hangman continues to spin his wheels in the midcard.

ANGLE: James Justice cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with William Jetterson. (B-)
He came across as a bit drunk in this segment, which is absolutely NOT the sort of heroic behaviour we’d expect from our figurehead.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: James Justice (c) defeated William Jetterson in 10:08 by pinfall with a Liberation Slam. (C-)
Will he ever break C- with anyone, regardless of notes and position on the card? What have I done to my main event scene? Why did I hire an overpriced, broken down nobody and put him over everyone in a desperate attempt to make him appear like a winner.

ANGLE: Ralph Liotta, along with his manager Mr. Morrisette, cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Eddie Howard. Mr. Morrisette claims he’s going to guide the fastest rising star in NYCW history all the way to the top. (C+)
At least the kid is increasing his performances on the mic and with Mr. Morrisette, his upside is enormous. He feels like the lone bright spot.

SINGLES MATCH: Eddie Howard defeated Ralph Liotta in 13:14 by count out. (C-)
A good win, but a protective one as I need all my main eventers in good shape in case Justice decides he’s had enough and just walks away, or drops dead.

ANGLE: Bradley Blaze cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Mythical One. It’s time the Mexican Jumping Bean suffered at the hands of the cowboy. (C)

SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze defeated The Mythical One in 27:49 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (C)
In a desperate attempt to top-load the card with the best possible match, I’ve actually found myself in a corner with my booking.

Everything was falling apart. My shows were now only gaining me popularity in New England and I was haemorrhaging money. At least I wasn’t SWF World Heavyweight Champion Remmy Skye though, who was recently caught in possession of something naughty.

Traditional Tour
Thursday, Week 2, February, 2021
The Laurent Ballroom, Burlington, Vermont
Attendance: 3,329

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated Julius Moor and Robin DaLay in 10:25 when Austin Smooth defeated Julius Moor by submission with a Smooth Hold. (C-)
My word; a good match and a win for the champions. Not only that, they beat main event talent Julius Moor, clean as a whistle. Was I self-destructing on purpose?

ANGLE: Julius Moor cuts a promo, saying he’s angry at such a loss. He’s had it with being overlooked and he wants a title shot… right now. Chuck Vessey is on hand to accept. (D+)

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Julius Moor in 5:16 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (D-)
Disappointing matchup, but another huge win for Vessey on his unstoppable march. Moor looks like an absolute chump after the last two performances.

SINGLES MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated Garry Walker in 8:06 by pinfall with a Flash of Brilliance Super Kick after Chris Morrisette interfered. (C-)
Nice win for Liotta as I decide to properly get behind him in the short term and focus on the long build towards his eventually coronation. I wasn’t sure when it would come, but when it did, it would be a huge moment.

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (B)

GANG WARS MATCH: James Justice, Eddie Howard and The Mythical One defeated William Jetterson and Texas Rough Riders in 27:55 when William Jetterson was disqualified while fighting The Mythical One. (C+)
There we go. Stick with the formula; Put Justice in with five other, talented guys and let them carry his useless ass to a good match.

Well, my booking was shot to pieces. My Empire Champion was a joke. I’d systematically destroyed most contenders in the course of a month and two of my stars were on the verge of leaving. I was losing money and after a brief meeting with Larry, I’d accidentally broken one of his goals.

Things were great.

Next time on Welcome to New York… I need to make changes…
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:15 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where it’s time to right the sinking ship before everything goes completely wrong…

Welcome to Boston 18: Liberty and the Snake
Thursday, Week 2, February, 2021
Attendance: 3,393

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM FOURWAY TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated Legacy, Doctor O'Haire and Nigel Svensson and Perren Cloutier and Richard Faber in 9:44; the order of elimination was Doctor O'Haire and Nigel Svensson first, then Perren Cloutier and Richard Faber, and finally Legacy. (D+)
Step 1: Make sure the tag team titles remain important and the champions seem strong. Check.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated Julius Moor in 4:58 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E)
Step 2: Crush the soon-to-be-departing Julius Moor and give the boost to our rising star. Check.

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Eddie Howard in 7:51 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (D)
Step 3: Bury the other departing star in favour of our heir-apparent. Check

ANGLE: Eddie Howard is celebrating his victory in the ring. Chuck Vessey runs in and attacks, beating Howard down into the mat. (D+)
As above.

FATAL FOURWAY MATCH: Garry Walker defeated Elemental IV, Hugh de Aske and Scorpius in 6:19 when Garry Walker defeated Elemental IV by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. (D+)
Step 4: Begin to build up our talented midcarders, ready for a sustained push to reward them for their patience and loyalty. Check.

ANGLE: Ralph Liotta w/ Mr. Morrisette cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with PRIDE Koiso. (C)

SINGLES MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated PRIDE Koiso in 10:28 by disqualification. (D)
Step 5: Focus on a singular main eventer, ready for a major push into a storyline at the top of the card. Check.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Texas Rough Riders defeated Rust Dillon and The Mythical One in 13:28 when Bradley Blaze defeated The Mythical One by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C+)
Step 6: Re-establish our most talented tag team ready for the new-look main event and bemoan the fact we’ve turned them heel at completely the wrong time. Again. Check

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (A*)

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: James Justice (c) defeated William Jetterson in 10:14 by pinfall with a Liberation Slam. (C-)
Step 7: Accept that our main events are going to suck until we can find the right time to move the strap off of the champion without completely ruining the prestige AND destroying our most expensive ‘asset.’ Check

Bad show there really, but the seeds had been planted for the future. Julius Moor, the man who never quite made enough of an impact has signed a written contract to join TCW. Fair play, we wished him well. Eddie Howard was in discussions to join him, as I regret giving him the King of New York tournament win.

Old School Wrestling
Thursday, Week 4, February, 2021

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated Legacy and Richard Faber and Doctor O'Haire in 10:28; the order of elimination was Richard Faber and Doctor O'Haire first, and then Legacy. (D)
Let’s focus on the tag team we like the best (actually we love the Rough Riders too). Just a nice simple win.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated Hugh de Aske in 5:28 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E+)
His quality of opponents is increasing and the results are… underwhelming. Had we officially destroyed de Aske’s value with constant jobs? Probably.

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Eddie Howard in 4:47 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (D)
Now THAT, is a burial. Vessey, having murdered both Howard and Moor in recent weeks looks like an absolute killer. He is consistently outperforming these guys too.

SINGLES MATCH: Garry Walker defeated William Jetterson in 7:53 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C-)
Following his defeat to Justice the week before, Jetterson has enough left in his tank to lose to Garry Walker, main eventer-in-the-waiting. It was time to push the Monkey Man properly, because he’s wasted where he currently is.

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (B+)

GANG WARS MATCH: James Justice, The Mythical One and Rust Dillon defeated Ralph Liotta and Texas Rough Riders in 26:44 when Rust Dillon defeated Bradley Blaze by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C)
Rust Dillon is looking more and more at home in the main event every week that goes by. What I like about him is, he’s getting more popular despite rarely winning. So when he does, like here, the crowd love it.

So Eddie Howard officially left to join TCW and he has a strong dislike relationship with me now. But I don’t care, he’s unlikely ever to return. Again, we lost money as James Justice bleeds us slowly dry. Still that should change next month, with a singular show and no Howard or Moor and their inflated wages to worry about.

It’s time to go back to the barebones.

Next time on Welcome to New York… Rush Hour 2021…
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:18 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where Rush Hour officially signals the beginning of the storylines which will see us through the rest of the year… Except this year…

NYCW Rush Hour 2021
Thursday, Week 4, February, 2021

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated Nigel Svensson and Richard Faber in 8:27 when Austin Smooth defeated Richard Faber by submission with a Smooth Hold after blatantly cheating. (D)
Disappointing opener, but a nice win for the tag champs.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated Elemental IV in 6:30 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E+)
Is it too much to ask for Azrael to actually have a decent match? Just once? Even against good opponents he sucks.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Scorpius and Doctor O'Haire defeated Legacy in 7:52 when Doctor O'Haire defeated Robin DaLay by submission with a Mandible Claw after blatantly cheating. (D)
That’s right folks. We know what Legacy are all about, so it’s time to semi-push some more of our apparently talented workers and see if we can’t strike gold. Scorpius is still pretty awful though.

SINGLES MATCH: Perren Cloutier defeated William Jetterson in 8:06 by pinfall with a Shark Dropper after Steve Flash interfered. (D+)
I forgot that Flash was still set as Cloutier’s manager. And he wins so little, I’d completely missed it for… a year? 18 months? But hey, it works for me. Look at the youngster go.

SINGLES MATCH: Rust Dillon defeated Hugh de Aske in 8:06 by count out. (D)
I didn’t want to completely bury The Dread Pirate, but I’ve decided Dillon is going to move up from midcarder to upper-midcard gatekeeper. With that in mind, he needs to appear to be dangerous. This is the perfect way to do that.

ANGLE: Ralph Liotta comes out with Mr. Morrisette and says that tonight he finally fulfils his destiny by defeating James Justice and winning the Empire World Title. (C+)
Good stuff kid, just keep going.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Texas Rough Riders defeated Garry Walker and PRIDE Koiso in 7:59 when Bradley Blaze defeated PRIDE Koiso by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C-)
The Texas Rough Riders, the secondary heel team now, have little to do other than defeating some of our better faces. Garry avoids taking the pin though because we want to keep him strong.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey comes out and says that he will take the open challenge from anyone, from anywhere. Strange pan pipe music plays. (C)

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: The Mythical One defeated Chuck Vessey (c) in 28:22 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. The Mythical One wins the NYCW United States title. (C+)
Fantastic match between two of our top 5 ring generals. They both let it all hang out, and while the US title might be a step down for The Mythical One, it’s absolutely the best spot for him right now.

ANGLE: James Justice makes an elaborate entrance. (A)

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated James Justice (c) in 10:17 by disqualification. (D)
Wow! Just wow. I know it was a screwy finish, but come on!!!!! Surely Justice can get a passable match out Liotta. Or the other way around.

OVERALL: D+

Just when I thought I had a handle on things, that main event absolutely crushes my momentum. That is the worst show since the Flash Farewell, which at least told an awesome story.

Following the event, our failing Empire World Champion James Justice had the cheek to request a pay rise of, no less than 40%. Ok then James, that’s enough of that.

Next time on Welcome to New York… Ring in the changes…

Ah y’now what, I can’t wait. Time for an impromptu episode of Traditional Tour…

Traditional Tour
Thursday, Week 4, March, 2021
Attendance: 3,329

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) drew with Texas Rough Riders in 26:43 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (C)
Good match between our two heel teams. Crowd seemed to like it regardless of not technically having anyone to cheer for.

SINGLES MATCH: Azrael defeated PRIDE Koiso in 6:10 by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E)
Are his matches actually getting worse now? I think it might be time to call the Azrael push a failure, like so many things right now, and move on from him.

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: The Mythical One (c) defeated Ralph Liotta in 12:37 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (C-)
From potential Empire Title, to failed US Title bid. Poor Liotta is floundering a bit, and it’s entirely my fault. I’d find a way to make it up to him somewhere down the line.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo saying he’s had enough of overweight, bloated, old stars running NYCW. Tonight he’s going to send James Justice to the hospital, unless he puts up too much of fight, in which case, he’s off to the morgue. (C+)
Decidely heelish interview with Vessey right tere.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey defeated James Justice (c) in 5:02 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. Chuck Vessey wins the NYCW Empire World title. (C+)
That is a domination, a burial and a decisive (and forced) passing of the torch moment. It’s time to go all-in on Vessey and see if he can right this sinking ship.

ANGLE: Following the match, the stunned crowd watch an angry Justice tear up the ringside area. Chuck Vessey returns and destroys his opponent, before slinging him into the audience. (C-)
And that, is a full stop.

OVERALL: C-

We wanted to fire Justice, we really did. But we’ve decided to bury the greedy, lazy no-good loser and force him to quit. We had the opportunity to offer new contracts to some of our young stars, so we did: Austin Smooth, The Architect, The Mythical One and Rust Dillon all signed long-term deals with hefty pay rises.

Over in Japan, the legendary Optimus retired. Having dealt with his American version, we wished we’d had the real thing.

Next time on Welcome to New York… It’s Vessey Time…
Unread 06-12-2018, 08:52 AM
All Star

Oof, yeah. Vessey, Howard, Mythical One need to beat everyone else. Not sure how good Liotta actually is, tbh. Any reason why you're not pushing PRIDE more up the roster?
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:01 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
Oof, yeah. Vessey, Howard, Mythical One need to beat everyone else. Not sure how good Liotta actually is, tbh. Any reason why you're not pushing PRIDE more up the roster?
He suffered a terrible injury before we signed him and is broken down and in decline. Otherwise he'd be a stick-on main event guy.
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:04 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where nepotism is cool…

Welcome to New York 44: The Vessey Era Begins
Thursday, Week 1, April, 2021

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated War Piece and Richard Faber in 10:16 when The Architect defeated War Piece by submission with a Blueprint after blatantly cheating. (D+)
War Piece was a new masked wrestler who looked pretty good on paper. As is tradition with most new workers, he’s introduced to the crowd as a loser. But that’s fine, he’d get more chances I’m sure. I really needed a proper feud for the Marvelous Ones.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Azrael defeated Scorpius and PRIDE Koiso in 5:54 when Azrael defeated PRIDE Koiso by pinfall with a Demon Slam. (E+)
I just can’t quite let go of the push. I’d crushed so many more talented workers to get this guy over, it seemed such a waste to give up.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Doctor O'Haire and Nigel Svensson drew with Perren Cloutier and Elemental IV in 8:27 following a double count out. (D-)
Back to classic NYCW booking, where we stick two teams against each other and have no one lose.

SINGLES MATCH: Garry Walker defeated William Jetterson in 10:10 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C-)
The unfortunate and not-intended Jetterson destruction continues. At the end of the day, I’m overloaded with top-level heels and need to build up face challengers. Especially with Vessey channelling his inner douchbag at champion.

SINGLES MATCH: Hugh de Aske defeated Robin DaLay in 7:31 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D)
My word, it’s a de Aske win. Just something to make him seem relevant. I need to feed some top heels to my up-and-coming faces. So the circle of wrestling popularity continues.

SINGLES MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated Bret Heartbreak in 8:03 by pinfall with a Flash of Brilliance Super Kick after Chris Morrisette interfered. (D+)
Legacy aren’t really needed right now, so I’m happy to job them out in favour of someone like Liotta. Unlike The Dread Pirate though, I had BIG plans for him.

SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze defeated Rust Dillon in 7:53 by disqualification. (C-)
Good match as Dillon looked dominant throughout, but Blaze got the win. It’s the perfect booking scenario.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with James Justice. He can’t believe the has-been wants seconds. But for those expecting a return to the Justice Era, prepare to be disappointed. (C+)

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated James Justice in 4:33 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (D+)
Another burial and domination for the champion as we try and make life as unpleasant as possible for Justice. Don’t mess with the bosses nephew, it’ll never end well.

ANGLE: Bradley Blaze says that he has already won tonight, now it’s time for his boy ‘The Hangman’ to step up and start fulfilling his destiny. First step; Destroy The Mythical One. (C+)

NYCW US TITLE MATCH: The Hangman defeated The Mythical One (c) in 28:05 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. The Hangman wins the NYCW United States title. (C+)
That’s right folks, he hotshot the title onto a top heel with bags of momentum. Hangman has been on the periphery for too long. It’s time to see what he can do in dominant singles action. Good first match to boot.

While the show was a disappointment, it really felt like I had a handle of all our major stories going forward. James Justice, predictably walked out on the company. And annoyingly, USPW came calling and stole Mr. Morrisette. It wasn’t ideal, but I was happy Liotta wouldn’t need him for much longer anyway.

Our new Empire Champion, Chuck Vessey requested a pay raise from £300 to $1,630. We accepted happily, because he’s such a Hell of a worker.

Traditional Tour
Thursday, Week 2, April, 2021
Attendance: 3,369

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM FOURWAY MATCH: The Marvelous Ones (c) defeated Legacy, Nigel Svensson and PRIDE Koiso and Scorpius and Doctor O'Haire in 9:56; the order of elimination was Legacy first, then Nigel Svensson and PRIDE Koiso, and finally Scorpius and Doctor O'Haire. (D)
Still not a lot for our tag champs to do as we didn’t have a workable face team to challenge them (other than Legacy). So we’d keep them winning and wait until somebody stepped up.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Azrael in 6:07 by pinfall with an Smash Hammer. (E+)
Welcome back to the company James Diaz. We’ve repackaged him as a monster worker and renamed him so that people don’t remember him from his first run with us. In his debut, he destroys Azrael in impressive fashion. The crowd responded really well to it too. Good start.

NYCW US TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Hangman (c) defeated Elemental IV and War Piece in 7:48 when The Hangman defeated War Piece by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D)
The Hangman, another dominant worker looks impressive in his first title defense against two workers with no direction. Match was a bit Meh, but the popularity just wasn’t there.

SINGLES MATCH: Hugh de Aske defeated Richard Faber in 7:39 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D)
Another win for de Aske as we happily job out our jobbers to help rebuild our still-damaged roster.

SINGLES MATCH: Perren Cloutier defeated William Jetterson in 8:06 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D)
Sorry Cobra, but like I’ve said, a company with no effective faces is destined to struggle. Cloutier, Dillon and Walker were the future and potential foes for the now-heel Vessey on top. I was hopeful of some great matches.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Mythical One. (C+)
Why not run with a rematch between two of our best? Finally; Direction.

GANG WARS MATCH: Garry Walker, Rust Dillon and The Mythical One defeated Bradley Blaze, Chuck Vessey and Ralph Liotta in 12:33 when Chuck Vessey was disqualified while fighting The Mythical One. (C+)
And we kick things off with a big win for the faces, specifically including building the story between Vessey and Mythical.

ANGLE: The Mythical One is celebrating his victory in the ring. Chuck Vessey runs in and attacks, beating Mythical down into the mat. (D+)

It was time to stop focusing on old, workers and push, push, push the new generation. There’d no doubt be teething problems, but all my champions could at least put on a show in various matches.

Over in SWF, convicted drug-taker and law-breaker Remmy Skye won the SWF World Title from Brandon James to start his second reign. That can’t be good thinking?

Next time on Welcome to New York… We start a new storyline involving some very talented workers, and SWF under Eric Eisen begin signing up any worker available…
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:07 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where a Brotherhood only works if everyone is on the same page…

Welcome to Boston 19: A Brotherhood in Trouble
Thursday, Week 3, April, 2021
Attendance: 3,242

TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH: Legacy defeated Azrael and Doctor O'Haire and Scorpius and Richard Faber in 7:52; the order of elimination was Scorpius and Richard Faber first, and then Azrael and Doctor O'Haire. (D-)
The Azrael push is officially dead and it’s time to rebuild Legacy so that they can challenge The Marvelous Ones. Poor match in all honesty.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Nigel Svensson in 8:20 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (D-)
Already Wolfsbaine is proving a better prospect than Azrael for the mega-push. His short matches where he dominates should move him up the card quickly enough.

SINGLES MATCH: Ralph Liotta defeated War Piece in 7:47 by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker following interference from The Architect. (D)
Liotta breaking out his old finisher right there, but he wasn’t happy about Architect interfering.

ANGLE: Ralph Liotta is backstage arguing with The Architect. Apperently he didn’t ask for help beating the masked nobody and he doesn’t want help going forward. He’s a man dammit. It gets heated, and the shouting catches the attention of Austin Smooth who is passing by. He walks in and tries to calm them down. Apparently The Brotherhood are better when they’re on the same page. Liotta and Architect agree. (C)

NYCW US TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Hangman (c) defeated Perren Cloutier and William Jetterson in 7:55 when The Hangman defeated Perren Cloutier by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D+)
Cloutier is at last at home challenging for a title. Sure he ate the pinfall, but he looked good in defeat.

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Rust Dillon and Garry Walker defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 7:45 when The Architect was counted out fighting Ralph Liotta at ringside. (C-)
Oh dear, oh dear. Liotta tried to interfere and accidentally his Architect, leading to the two men brawling. Good match actually, and we give a win (albeit a cheap one) to two upcoming faces.

ANGLE: The Architect is angry backstage and Austin Smooth tries to calm him down. But The Architect is furious and the two almost come to blows. (C-)
My God what is this? Actual story-telling in NYCW. What on Earth will happen going forward?

ANGLE: Bradley Blaze cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Elemental IV. (C)

SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze defeated Elemental IV in 10:10 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C)
Great match and a great win for one half of the Texas Rough Riders. With Hangman busy going forward, it’s time to give Blaze a chance in singles competition again.

ANGLE: The Mythical One cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Chuck Vessey. (C)
Hey look at that, we’re actually giving mic time to our top face. He did ok actually, as I always assumed he’d suck at it.

SINGLES MATCH: The Mythical One defeated Hugh de Aske in 13:17 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C)
Another good upper-midcard match as Mythical gets a tainted win over the resurgent de Aske. Exactly the sort of booking to build momentum for a challenger which was been completely absent for months in NYCW.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match. Generic Japanese music plays. (B-)
Oooo, I am liking Bad Ass Chuck Vessey. He’s got moxey.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated PRIDE Koiso in 27:38 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm. (C-)
Actually a disappointing match considering the undoubted talents of both men. Still a win is a win and Chuck continues to establish himself as THE MAN in New York. He’s infinitely better than James Justice already.

Backstage Svensson had some words with us about his recent booking, which we’d take under consideration. Meanwhile our new jobber, Richard Faber has become friends with PRIDE Koiso. So that’s nice. Harmony breeds harmony.

Old School Wrestling
Thursday, Week 4, April, 2021

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: Garry Walker and PRIDE Koiso defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 9:34 when The Architect was counted out while fighting PRIDE Koiso. (C-)
Another title defense and loss for the cahmpions. Another good match as the storyline about The Brotherhood continues.

ANGLE: After the match Austin Smooth is angry with The Architect for his stupid mistake, but The Architect won’t back down. Liotta now arrives, seemingly to calm the situation down, but he only makes it worse and the three men end up brawling. (C)

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated William Jetterson in 7:59 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (D)
Already moving onto midcarders as we continue to feed anyone and everyone to our new unstoppable monster face. The crowd are responding well and there’s even a small ‘Wolfs-Baine!’ chant throughout.

ANGLE: The Mythical One cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Chuck Vessey. But he’s happy to prove his worth tonight, in a Gang Wars match. (C)

GANG WARS MATCH: Chuck Vessey and Texas Rough Riders defeated The Mythical One, Ralph Liotta and Hugh de Aske in 27:41 when The Marvelous Ones ‘accidentally’ knocked out Liotta, allowing The Hangman to pin him. (C)
Not a bad match, although full of heels, but this is what happens when you prematurely plan for a face champion, only to have him walk out.

So with one month to go before Gang Wars, we actually had some stories bubbling away, we had champions we liked and things seemed to have settled down following the departure of Henry and Valentine.

In Mexico, El Critico started a new promotion called Mexican Hardcore Wrestling, while Eric Eisen, following in his father’s early footsteps signed up a load of talent: Mimic, Frantic Ali, Gargantuan and unbelievably… Doctor O’Haire. Apparently losing for years on the independent scene is enough to get a big contract. We wished him well, having never really found a proper use for him.

Next time on Welcome to New York… The Marvelous Ones explode…
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:10 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where our hottest storyline involves two loud-mouthed legends in the making…

Let’s get straight to it.

Welcome to New York 45: Smooth Loses his Grove
Thursday, Week 1, May, 2021

FOURWAY TAG TEAM MATCH: Nigel Svensson and Richard Trewman defeated Legacy, Garlan Fournier and Perren Cloutier and Scorpius and War Piece in 9:54; the order of elimination was Garlan Fournier and Perren Cloutier first, then Scorpius and War Piece, and finally Legacy. (E+)
We’ve signed some young rookie talents to contracts and look, one of them got a win. Trewman reminds me of a young Brent Hill, while Garlan Fournier definitely resembles a young Steve Flash. I felt confident they’d become excellent jobbers for us. Plus we gave Svensson some love.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Doctor O'Haire in 4:46 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (E+)
It’s the official goodbye to Doc, as he does what he does best. Lay on his back and lose.

SINGLES MATCH: Rust Dillon defeated Azrael in 7:34 by pinfall with a Tempest Blast. (D+)
Well look at that. The moment we put Azrael in a fair match-up he actually delivers. This might be more to Dillon in fairness, but whatever. Good match.

NYCW US TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Hangman (c) defeated Richard Faber and PRIDE Koiso in 7:34 when The Hangman defeated PRIDE Koiso by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
Speaking of good matches. Apparently the crowd love it when The Hangman throws around two smaller guys before pinning one of them.

GRUDGE MATCH: The Architect defeated Ralph Liotta in 8:05 by submission with a Blueprint after interference from Chuck Vessey. (C-)
What on Earth is the Empire World champion doing interfering in this match? Whatever the reason, it was solid and Liotta looked most put out at his loss.

ANGLE: Following the match, Chuck Vessey and Ralph Liotta are in the ring and are squaring off, unhappy about something. The argument soon turns physical, and they are joined by Austin Smooth and Bradley Blaze for a wild brawl, with the chaos spilling out all around ringside. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them apart before they kill each other. (C-)
That’s right folks, simply by holding his own against such a bad ass, Liotta looks every bit the main eventer we envisioned him to be all those years ago.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Garry Walker and Elemental IV defeated William Jetterson and Hugh de Aske in 10:26 when Elemental IV defeated Hugh de Aske by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C-)
The good matches continue to roll as we’ve accidentally found ourselves with a deep and talented midcard. My word, it’s amazing how a small amount of luck can change an entire promotion. I call it the trickle down effect. While you have a good top champion, everything else falls into place beneath it.

ANGLE: Austin Smooth cuts a promo saying he doesn’t know what Vessey is doing interfering in his business, but tonight he’s going to take his shot at the Champion and walk out with all the gold. (D)
Not a great promo from Smooth, which is a shame.

SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze drew with The Mythical One in 27:36 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (C+)
And these two push each other to new heights again. This time there is no winner, except the crowd.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Austin Smooth. When you’re used to playing with little boys (easy there Chuck), it can be scary to play with men (this promo is going to be shown a million times online), but Smooth shouldn’t be worried, Vessey will go easy on him. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Austin Smooth in 27:44 by pinfall with a Stampede Forearm following interference from The Architect. (C+)
Fantastic match between these two as Smooth holds his own and in fact only loses because of a jealous tag team partner. Good storytelling.

ANGLE: Smooth is surrounded in the ring by Chuck Vessey, Bradley Blaze, The Hangman and The Architect. Ralph Liotta runs out to try and even the odds, but the two men are beaten to a pulp. The four victors raise their hands together. (D+)
Is this the beginning of a new alliance? If it was, has there been a more dominant one in NYCW history? Tune in next week for more.

That’s our best show for a while and we’re building some great storylines. Elemental IV and Scorpius’ contracts came up for renewal. We decided only one of them was staying. Can you guess which?

Meanwhile SWF’s spending spree continued as they got: Kentucky Bill, Diablo Duvak, Mario da Silva, Ekuma, High Flyin Hawaiian and Jake Idol. Was their plan to own ALL THE WRESTLERS IN THE WORLD?

It seems strange that the only impact we had was to lose Doc.

Traditional Tour
Thursday, Week 2, May, 2021
Attendance: 3,310

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Garry Walker and Elemental IV defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 8:24 when The Architect was counted out fighting Ralph Liotta at ringside. (C-)
They might not be getting on, but The Marvelous Ones are still tag team champs. You can sense real tension between them though. The ending of the match didn’t help.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Hugh de Aske in 7:58 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (D-)
WOLFS-BAINE! WOLFS-BAINE!

GANG WARS MATCH: Ralph Liotta and Texas Rough Riders defeated PRIDE Koiso and Legacy in 8:27 when Bradley Blaze defeated Robin DaLay by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D+)
It seems that despite last week, Liotta knows which side to be on in a fight. Although he spent most of the match warily watching his tag team partners, before almost single-handedly getting the win.

ANGLE: The Mythical One cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with William Jetterson. (C)

SINGLES MATCH: The Mythical One defeated William Jetterson in 8:02 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (C)
Clean win and a good showing from the number one contender to the Empire World Title. I have HIGH hopes for their matchup at Gang Wars. Hopefully they didn’t let me down.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Mythical One. (C+)
Vessey is such a natural heel and a great mouthpiece for the promotion as a whole. I love Mythical too, but he’s not quite the foil for Vessey I need. Although he’ll do for now until I can find one.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated Rust Dillon in 13:18 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (B-)
Way to go Dillon! What a great matchup which simultaneously raises the stock in Dillon AND makes Vessey look like a good old-fashioned, fighting champion. That’s our best main event in AGES!

In sad news, Al the Hillbilly died after a car accident. And in potentially the biggest news in ages, Champagne Lover’s contract was up and had led to a bidding war.

Next time on Welcome to New York… The final build to Gang Wars and Champagne signs for someone new…
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:14 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where one of the top wrestlers in the world, signs for someone who really don’t need him…

So having considered offers from every top promotion in the world, Champagne Lover, the man made famous in Mexico signs for USPW. They really were an unstoppable force.

Welcome to Boston 20: Precursor to War
Thursday, Week 3, April, 2021
Attendance: 3,242

TAG TEAM MATCH: Elemental IV and War Piece defeated Scorpius and Azrael in 8:04 when War Piece defeated Azrael by submission after blatantly cheating. (D-)
It’s the battle of the nobodies. And you know what, it wasn’t awful. Azrael has settled back into his role of jobber beautifully.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Richard Trewman in 4:44 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (E+)
Wolfsbaine continues to march towards glory, with zero signs of slowing down.

SINGLES MATCH: Nigel Svensson defeated Garlan Fournier in 10:25 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock after blatantly cheating. (E)
It’s time to move Svensson up. He’s got the talent in the ring, so let’s see what he can do. Fournier looked pretty awful. Perhaps my claims of him being a young Steve Flash were premature.

SINGLES MATCH: Perren Cloutier defeated Ralph Liotta in 7:40 by pinfall with a Shark Dropper following interference from The Architect. (D)
Ouch, big win for Cloutier and massive loss for Liotta, especially with Steve Flash on the outside of the ring watching on.

NYCW US TITLE FOURWAY MATCH: The Hangman (c) defeated Richard Faber, Rust Dillon and Hugh de Aske in 9:32 when The Hangman defeated Richard Faber by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D+)
The formula works. Hangman vs. small guys = RATINGS!

ANGLE: The Marvelous Ones cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Legacy. They’re on the same page. (D)
Smooth does most of the talking and The Architect just looks at himself and fluffs his hair in a mirror.

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Legacy defeated The Marvelous Ones (c) in 12:51 when Bret Heartbreak defeated Austin Smooth by pinfall with a Heart Attack following The Architect walking out of the match. Legacy win the NYCW World Tag Team titles. (D+)
Another great match between these two and Legacy once again unseat the champions, only this time it really looks like the end of The Marvelous Ones.

ANGLE: Blaze and Vessey cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Mythical and Garry. They’ve brought in the Cobra to see if he can join their alliance, so lets see what the Snake Man can do. (C)

GANG WARS MATCH: Garry Walker, The Mythical One and PRIDE Koiso defeated Bradley Blaze, Chuck Vessey and William Jetterson in 27:47 when PRIDE Koiso defeated William Jetterson by pinfall with a Koiso Kutter. During the match we also saw Ralph Liotta run in and attack Vessey, and Austin Smooth also attack Vessey. (C)
Decent main event, no doubt dragged down by the lack of popularity from Koiso and Jetterson. Plus a measure of revenge for Liotta and Smooth as the Marevlous story threatens to engulf the entire promotion.

ANGLE: Vessey and Blaze are mercilessly beaten by Liotta and Smooth to the delight of the crowd. It only stops when Architect and Hangman join the fray and the newly minted faces retreat into the warming embrace of the crowd. (D+)
And that ladies and gentlemen is how you effectively turn two workers at the same time. Game on!

OVERALL: C-

And now the go-home show before Gang Wars.

Old School Wrestling
Thursday, Week 4, May, 2021

ANGLE: Smooth and Liotta cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with The Architect and de Aske. The Marvelous Ones are dead, but who needs a partner like Architect. (C-)
Good opening to the show as the new good guys look every bit the stars I think they are.

NYCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Legacy (c) defeated Richard Trewman and Scorpius in 5:34 when Robin DaLay defeated Scorpius by pinfall with a DaLay Down. (D-)
Nice, simply victory to remind the crowd that Legacy are a team to be feared.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Azrael in 5:59 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (D-)
It’s the passing of the torch between two unstoppable juggernauts. Sadly, Azrael sustained a hernia in the match. I doubt it would have a big impact though.

SINGLES MATCH: Rust Dillon defeated William Jetterson in 6:25 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D+)
Rust Dillon continues to improve as a worker and the more we push him, the better his matches are. It’s almost like the crowd loves someone who even has a ‘chance’ of winning a match.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Austin Smooth and Ralph Liotta defeated Hugh de Aske and The Architect in 10:32 when Ralph Liotta defeated Hugh de Aske by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+)
Decent match and The Architect walks out on his partner at the end, much to the irritation of Smooth and Liotta. The story continues.

ANGLE: Blaze and Vessey cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Mythical and ‘whatever bunch of scrubs he’s got to team with him this week.’ (C+)
I’m liking this pairing a lot.

GANG WARS MATCH: Chuck Vessey and Texas Rough Riders defeated Garry Walker, PRIDE Koiso and The Mythical One in 28:04 when Bradley Blaze defeated The Mythical One by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C)
Decent match, which was ruined by The Hangman suffering a strained bicep. Even worse, PRIDE got the blame and now has quite a bit of heat with the boys backstage. And with the boss in fairness. Clumsy idiot.

OK, so we’re back a firing on all cylinders. Scorpius left us after his contract expired. He won’t be missed. Then we heard that The Great Hisato Jr. was going on excursion to the US for 2 years, so we snapped him up. Elsewhere Steve DeColt retired and the wrestling world mourned the loss of a true legend.

But we didn’t care.

NYCW Gang Wars:
Empire World Title: Chuck Vessey (c) vs. The Mythical One
Gang Wars: Smooth, Liotta and Walker vs. Texas Rough Riders and The Architect
Gang Wars: Cloutier, Faber and War Piece vs. Elemental IV, Dillon and Fournier
Gang Wars: Svensson, Great Hisato Jr. and Trewman vs. Legacy and PRIDE Koiso
Exhibition: William Jetterson vs. Kid Fantastic
Singles: Hugh de Aske vs. James Wolfsbaine

Next time on Welcome to New York… Gang Wars 2021…
Unread 06-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Phenom

So pumped to see James Diaz/Wolfsbaine back! Hope he works out for you.

I'm glad you righted the ship after the James Justice decision, I'm glad hotshotting Chuck Vessey paid off. The only thing that bugs me a bit is "The Mythical One" is just such a goofy name for a guy whose supposed to be a big deal. I think an unmasking, maybe a heel style "El Idolo" sort of push could do wonders for him.
Unread 06-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Minor League

NYCW Gang Wars:
Unfortunate you had to pull the trigger on it early, but he could be the reason you survive.

I don't think it is a clean win, but the heels get the first blood. Ultimately, the faces prevail to step up to Vessey.

Dillon is rising and Elemental is still a good hand. Give them some momentum and rebuild that midcard after graduating Walker, Smooth, and Architect

Got to keep getting Legacy wins as new champs.

Surely you don't let your guy lose an exhibition match.

de Aske is going down with the ship at least...
Unread 06-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Phenom

NYCW Gang Wars:
Vessey is on the rise but since this is not a major “big show” I could see a screwy DQ or CO ending as well. Still think Vessey needs wins to build up the title again

I hate betting against the Hangman, but the new faces need some positive mo

Going with Dillon to get the W

Since Hisato Jr is new I look for his side to get nod here

The term exhibition has me wondering what’s up. I’m going to say Cobra wins

Some pundits see a bright future ahead for the “cousin” of Logan (Hoping it was this diary that was mentioned in). No time like the present to show the masses why
Unread 06-13-2018, 06:42 AM
All Star

Welcome to New York… Where money used to be a problem, then it wasn’t, but it will be again…

Not much going on in the first half of the month, so let’s get straight to the big show shall we?

NYCW Gang Wars
Saturday, Week 2, June, 2021
Evanovich Riverside Arena, Trenton, New Jersey
Attendance: 6,215

GANG WARS MATCH: Elemental IV, Rust Dillon and Garlan Fournier defeated Perren Cloutier, Richard Faber and War Piece in 9:38 when Elemental IV defeated War Piece by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (D-)
It’s a match full of our new, young generation. It’s underwhelming and ultimately feels a little pointless. Still good to get Garlan off the ground with a win.

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Kid Fantastic in 7:36 by submission with a Viper Vice. (D-)
In Kid Fantastic’s debut with the company, he utterly, utterly sucks. Considering his cost, I can totally see why he’s struggling to find work. He’s not going to be around here for long I shouldn’t imagine.

SINGLES MATCH: James Wolfsbaine defeated Hugh de Aske in 8:25 by pinfall with a Smash Hammer. (D-)
And the streak continues. Hugh doesn’t put up much of a showing here, but the right man won, which is really all that currently matters.

GANG WARS MATCH: PRIDE Koiso and Legacy defeated Nigel Svensson, Richard Trewman and The Great Hisato Jr in 9:32 when Bret Heartbreak defeated The Great Hisato Jr by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D-)
Another disappointing match, as I start to really consider whether running a whole Gang Wars event is really worthwhile? Still at least PRIDE got himself on the winning side. The heels can certainly afford the loss seeing as their momentum is in the toilet already.

ANGLE: Ralph Liotta, Garry Walker and Austin Smooth cut a promo hyping their upcoming six man match with The Hangman, Bradley Blaze and The Architect. (C)
That’s right people, we now run promos during big events, because we’re no longer a backwater company. It wasn’t great, which is apparently Smooth’s fault.

GANG WARS MATCH: Austin Smooth, Garry Walker and Ralph Liotta defeated The Architect and Texas Rough Riders in 28:27 when Austin Smooth defeated The Architect by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C-)
Our first decent match of the event just happens to be the one with the hottest storyline. Got to love the destruction of The Marvelous Ones and all the lovely goodness it brings to the table.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Mythical One. (B-)
Yup, he’s really developing into a top-notch worker.

NYCW EMPIRE WORLD TITLE MATCH: Chuck Vessey (c) defeated The Mythical One in 28:06 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (B-)
Yes! Call the police, because this show has been stolen. The old B- rating is back as these two ring generals destroy each other for the love of the New York crowd. Now we’re back on track.

ANGLE: Chuck Vessey is celebrating his victory in the ring. The Mythical One, Ralph Liotta and Austin Smooth run in and attack, beating Vessey down into the mat. (D+)
Poor segment, but some sweet revenge from the good guys.

And as is often the case following a big show, our world goes absolutely berserk. SWF continue their rampage throughout the wrestling world with Eric Eisen deciding to start absorbing companies for a cheap popularity boost.

And our life is about to get WAAAAAAYYYY more expensive. In preparation we release: War Piece, Richard Faber, Garlan Fornier (who after one win declared himself the star of the promotion and started bad-mouthing his colleagues) and poor PRIDE Koiso, whose undeniable talent never fully translated.

We made a loss for the month, but it didn’t matter.

Because we’ve hit Cult.

Next time on Welcome to New York… the race to establish ourselves before we go bankrupt begins in earnest and a familiar face returns to the fold…

Results:
BigJay2003 – 5/6
Theheel – 5/6