Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Super Star

Default Official TV Show Discussion Thread

I figure we have one for 3 different sports, wrestling, and a movie one (that is rarely used) so why not a TV one

SO TA DA

I'd like to say I am kind of disappointed that ABC cut Flashfoward, but happy they are bringing back V (John May lives)
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait19 View Post
I figure we have one for 3 different sports, wrestling, and a movie one (that is rarely used) so why not a TV one

SO TA DA

I'd like to say I am kind of disappointed that ABC cut Flashfoward, but happy they are bringing back V (John May lives)
I like both V and Flashfoward. However, out of the two I would have liked Flashfoward to have been kept on. I mean come on where else can you see the bad ass Irish guy from Brotherhood speak in a horrible American accent?

Also, I wish NBC would have kept the original Law & Order around for one more season to beat Gun Smoke's record.
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I like both V and Flashfoward. However, out of the two I would have liked Flashfoward to have been kept on. I mean come on where else can you see the bad ass Irish guy from Brotherhood speak in a horrible American accent?

Also, I wish NBC would have kept the original Law & Order around for one more season to beat Gun Smoke's record.
I thought it would have only tied it?
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
I thought it would have only tied it?
Maybe you are right, I am not sure. All I know is that Gunsmoke was on forever and it was Dick Wolf's goal to beat it.
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:59 AM
All Star

I really think ABC has just been creating flashy TV. With Lost they make a "wow" or "holy ****" moment right before a commercial. FlashForward and V have been trying to do the same thing which annoys me. Doing that at the beginning and end of the show is great but when you're constantly trying to put heavy importance on a bunch of little things it makes it hard to care about the whole package.

I've watched all of FlashForward and I think the biggest problem was that really long break they took from December to March or whatever it was. I've only been watching episodes on Hulu because I never remember its on.

Season finale of House tonight was bad ass.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? That show is probably my favorite on TV.
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
I really think ABC has just been creating flashy TV. With Lost they make a "wow" or "holy ****" moment right before a commercial. FlashForward and V have been trying to do the same thing which annoys me. Doing that at the beginning and end of the show is great but when you're constantly trying to put heavy importance on a bunch of little things it makes it hard to care about the whole package.

I've watched all of FlashForward and I think the biggest problem was that really long break they took from December to March or whatever it was. I've only been watching episodes on Hulu because I never remember its on.

Season finale of House tonight was bad ass.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? That show is probably my favorite on TV.
That is exactly what it was. That killed the show dead in the water. Once they did that I knew it would probably not be long for this earth.

And yeah I love Breaking Bad, it has one of the best cast on television today in my opinion. Who would have thought that the Dentist on Seinfeld/Malcolm's dad would be so great in a drama? And John Carlo Esposito is great on there as well, which is funny because I did not like his character on Homicide.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 05-18-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Super Star

A show I liked that they killed was Kings, I loved the conecpt but it didn't last

what I do like is how Cable TV forced Network tv to stop playing reruns during summer
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
what I do like is how Cable TV forced Network tv to stop playing reruns during summer
Yes! And as I recall, it was some TV luminary (Jack Welch maybe?) who said years ago that 'people will never PAY for TV so cable isn't a real competitor'.

Honestly, I don't watch much broadcast television besides 'Lie to Me', 'Fringe', 'Bones', and CSI (only Las Vegas and New York. David Caruso gets 'change the channel' heat from me, kinda like The Miz). I remember the first 'V' and the new one's first few eps didn't grab me.

I think the funniest shows on TV this season are all on cable. Property Virgins, My First Place, and (at times) House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV often make me fall out laughing with how completely clueless and unrealistic people are. I'm lovin' Goldberg on 'Garage Mahal' on DIY ("I hate to say 'I know a guy' but, I know a guy...."). His house (specifically his garage) is ridiculous (click the link). Let's see, NFL Total Access is something I watch daily.

Not a big TV watcher anymore though.
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Living Legend

I don't even own a television. The only TV I watch is sometimes I'll watch a whole season of something on Netflix if they have it streaming.

Just finished the entire run of West Wing and I'm working on Season 1 of Highlander.
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
Yes! And as I recall, it was some TV luminary (Jack Welch maybe?) who said years ago that 'people will never PAY for TV so cable isn't a real competitor'.

Honestly, I don't watch much broadcast television besides 'Lie to Me', 'Fringe', 'Bones', and CSI (only Las Vegas and New York. David Caruso gets 'change the channel' heat from me, kinda like The Miz). I remember the first 'V' and the new one's first few eps didn't grab me.

I think the funniest shows on TV this season are all on cable. Property Virgins, My First Place, and (at times) House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV often make me fall out laughing with how completely clueless and unrealistic people are. I'm lovin' Goldberg on 'Garage Mahal' on DIY ("I hate to say 'I know a guy' but, I know a guy...."). His house (specifically his garage) is ridiculous (click the link). Let's see, NFL Total Access is something I watch daily.

Not a big TV watcher anymore though.
Love that, house, chuck, supernatural (kid coming out inside me), SOA, burn notice
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Major League

Quote:

SO TA DA

V? Really that show just....Eww!

I agree with Remi about The Miz can't stand the guy Kudos to you!

I don't watch much television myself. I love the Law and Order shows. I watch them when I'm bored. House is well Awesome. If you don't watch that then there is something wrong with you.

I love the DIY network, and the Food network. I love to see new things to cook. I love to cook, so seeing new things is awesome.

I like House hunters and the international House Hunters for pretty much the stupidity of the people. I mean you have a budget but you whine about not having everything. Stupid people.
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
All Star

Quote:
That is exactly what it was. That killed the show dead in the water. Once they did that I knew it would probably not be long for this earth.

And yeah I love Breaking Bad, it has one of the best cast on television today in my opinion. Who would have thought that the Dentist on Seinfeld/Malcolm's dad would be so great in a drama? And John Carlo Esposito is great on there as well, which is funny because I did not like his character on Homicide.
Yeah. This season of BB has been the best thus far. Everyone seems to be "breaking bad" this season - Skylar and Hank at least. I love the relationship between Walt and Gus. Overall just a bad ass show that nobody seems to know about. I ask a friend of mine, "ever seen Breaking Bad?" - "what the hell is that?" - "just the coolest show on TV today."

How could I forget about Dexter... that has gotta be one of the best shows going today as well. Most of these shows I have to catch online because I either don't get the channel or forget it's on. I don't watch TV every day but I do have about 5 shows that I like to stay up to date with.

I really like Mike and Mike In The Morning on ESPN. Sometimes when I have nothing important to do in the morning I watch that from 6am to 10am while working on PCs. They cover everything that's happening in sports to the point where I don't need to watch SportsCenter for anything.
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah. This season of BB has been the best thus far. Everyone seems to be "breaking bad" this season - Skylar and Hank at least. I love the relationship between Walt and Gus. Overall just a bad ass show that nobody seems to know about. I ask a friend of mine, "ever seen Breaking Bad?" - "what the hell is that?" - "just the coolest show on TV today."

How could I forget about Dexter... that has gotta be one of the best shows going today as well. Most of these shows I have to catch online because I either don't get the channel or forget it's on. I don't watch TV every day but I do have about 5 shows that I like to stay up to date with.

I really like Mike and Mike In The Morning on ESPN. Sometimes when I have nothing important to do in the morning I watch that from 6am to 10am while working on PCs. They cover everything that's happening in sports to the point where I don't need to watch SportsCenter for anything.
Dexter is great as well, I mean who would think to cast John Lithgow as a BTK type killer? And the fact that he not only pulled it off but did an awsome job doing it, was great. And I am looking forward to seeing what they will do next season, seeing how they ended last season.
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM
All Star

Quote:
Dexter is great as well, I mean who would think to cast John Lithgow as a BTK type killer? And the fact that he not only pulled it off but did an awsome job doing it, was great. And I am looking forward to seeing what they will do next season, seeing how they ended last season.
I've talked to a lot of people who watch that show and they said they hated him on that show. My response - ?!?!?!?!

I thought he was marvelous guest starring the entire season. He played his character perfectly. I've read there is a lot of interest from actors to guest star on that show, so it will be very interesting to see who they bring in next season. The ending to this past season made me flip out for about 5 minutes afterwards. It was just me thinking to myself... "how can things be perfect and then complete ****?"
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
I've talked to a lot of people who watch that show and they said they hated him on that show. My response - ?!?!?!?!

I thought he was marvelous guest starring the entire season. He played his character perfectly. I've read there is a lot of interest from actors to guest star on that show, so it will be very interesting to see who they bring in next season. The ending to this past season made me flip out for about 5 minutes afterwards. It was just me thinking to myself... "how can things be perfect and then complete ****?"
I agree that shocked me as well, and it is not very often that I get shocked by something that happens on TV. She was just such a huge part of the show and I was very surprised that they ended up getting rid of her.

All though I know her character was not all that popular with a lot of the fans of the show. So that might have explained her demise.