Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Star

Default Game Drops "Monthly" Events forever whenever an annual event comes up in same month

Using 1.55

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it appears that the AI ignores/drops any "Monthly" events pre-set in the game world once there is an "Annual" event that happens in the same month (they are not set on the same day as an annual event or anything).

See examples below of EVE and Progress, whose Monthly events stop running after the SHE-1 and Natural Progression Series (annual events) happen.

-----

Compared to SHINE, SHIMMER, and EVOLVE who keep plugging away with monthly events.

-----

And compare to Sendai/Oz Academy who never had any monthly events ran even though they were pre-set in the editor (due to an annual event being scheduled in month 1 of the file)

Unread 03-13-2018, 03:32 AM
GDS Developer

That is correct, it is not a bug.
Unread 03-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Living Legend

Can you change it so they don't drop the monthly event?
Unread 03-14-2018, 03:33 AM
GDS Developer

There are no plans to do anything but bug fixes for TEW2016 at this stage.
Unread 03-14-2018, 09:16 AM
All Star

That is odd behavior for a company to do this though? Even if you don't perceive it to be a bug this is something that may need addressing because other people including myself perceive it to be a bug or "unwanted feature".

I don't see the benefits of this being left in the game?
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
GDS Developer

I think you'd be lucky to get developers fixing actual bugs on games that have been out as long as TEW, I hardly think it counts as an oddity that I'm not planning to change something that is working as intended just because a player decides on a whim that they don't like something.
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Super Star

Thanks for clarifying on the bug/non-bug nature Adam. Feel free to move this to the suggestions forum if you prefer.
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:08 AM
GDS Developer

Will do, although I would think that the scheduling would be completely different in any future game so it'd be a moot point anyway
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:39 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
I think you'd be lucky to get developers fixing actual bugs on games that have been out as long as TEW, I hardly think it counts as an oddity that I'm not planning to change something that is working as intended just because a player decides on a whim that they don't like something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection
I don't see the benefits of this being left in the game?
You still didn't answer this
Unread 03-14-2018, 11:31 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
You still didn't answer this
I'm just not really sure how to answer it: you've based your question on the assumption that it's in the game to provide a benefit, which isn't the case, so the question doesn't really make sense. It's there because it's necessary for scheduling to work properly. The best I can do is flip your question to "why don't you remove it?", and the answer to that is "because it would cause the game to become unplayable".
Unread 03-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Major League

Quote:
Will do, although I would think that the scheduling would be completely different in any future game so it'd be a moot point anyway
TEW 2019 CONFIRMED!

On topic. I'm not sure I follow the issue though. Is it just for pre-made companies? I started a child promotion in game as a Dev territory and set them to have 2 monthly shows every month, as well as 6 annual events. The company runs them all.

Does this only happen with non child/dev A.I. companies then or am I misunderstanding the issue?
Unread 03-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12345 View Post
TEW 2019 CONFIRMED!

On topic. I'm not sure I follow the issue though. Is it just for pre-made companies? I started a child promotion in game as a Dev territory and set them to have 2 monthly shows every month, as well as 6 annual events. The company runs them all.

Does this only happen with non child/dev A.I. companies then or am I misunderstanding the issue?
It happens with AI controlled companies in my experience (as shown in post #1). With human companies the monthly events stay active. I have not tested with child companies.
Unread 03-15-2018, 10:09 AM
All Star

Quote:
I'm just not really sure how to answer it: you've based your question on the assumption that it's in the game to provide a benefit, which isn't the case, so the question doesn't really make sense. It's there because it's necessary for scheduling to work properly. The best I can do is flip your question to "why don't you remove it?", and the answer to that is "because it would cause the game to become unplayable".
Ok that makes way more sense than giving it the "nothing to see here" treatment when Jaysin asked if you could fix it. When you say it was working as intended that lead me to believe it was offering some benefit to the AI companies but dropping monthly events in favor of a pre set annual one doesn't look like one. I hope you can see where I see this as a bug or "unwanted feature". I do respect what you do (you know making this beautiful game that I've sunk so much of my life into lol) but sometimes you give people short answers that leaves us scratching our heads. It felt like you were dodging something out of laziness. Most of us only report these bugs and make suggestions because we are very passionate about this game that you created. And patching a game 2 years since its been out is fatastic and we are lucky that we have a developer that cares. I don't comment or question things to stick a thumb in your eye (although I feel like after the fact I come off as that way) but because I really enjoy this game and it tends to scratch an itch that no other game can.

Last edited by K-Nection : 03-15-2018 at 10:16 AM.