Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-06-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Any interest or work being done on a boxing mod?

I realize the stats being very basic for boxing may limit the game as far as playability goes, but after watching Wilder win this weekend, I would love for there to be some sort of boxing real world mod so I can become the modern day Don King and promote some world championship boxing. I work and go to school but I would be willing to try my hands out at making the mod if someone could direct me to a quick way to do one! Let me know if there is any interest in this!
Unread 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Low Minors

sure one of the mod makers could give you some pointers on this, i was gonna start one myself but had other things taking up my time recently, would be cool to see this tho
Unread 03-07-2018, 04:45 AM
Rookie

im still down to help how ever i can, but i will say i dont know how to make a mod, i could edit the a custom db tho
Unread 03-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Rookie

editting a mod is the same thing just when you create a DB youre starting from scratch
Unread 03-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Rookie

i feel capable then, who wants to help
Unread 03-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Rookie

i made a rinky dink db tonight for practice
Unread 03-09-2018, 08:06 PM

How do you think we could go about setting up the titles for the various Governing Bodies? We could just set up the 5 main sanctioning bodies (WBO,WBF,IBO, IBF, WBC) and then let the game run small shows. There is a lot to consider in this mod besides just the fighters and their stats it seems.
Unread 03-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Rookie

also we can use tags fight engine for the kickboxing mod ive been messing around with t , we could make one big company that owns all the other sanctioning bodies, but it wouldnt be a free market system like boxing is with many promoters
Unread 03-10-2018, 12:19 AM
Rookie

we should make a list of things we need to do and work around and start doing them if we are going to do this
Unread 03-11-2018, 02:21 PM

I started not too long ago on working on it. I set up the Main 5 governing bodies as companies. What we could do is set up those governing bodies "sub promotions" (WBO Asia, WBC North America, etc) and have them owned by their respective governing body, that way there's at least more variety in the amount of promotions and champions, as well as more cards overall. The game itself will hold small shows for any free agents out there. What sucks is what you mentioned about it not being free market and boxers not being able to go for multiple titles or vacating the ones they hold should they sign somewhere else. It sucks but I guess it's just a limitation of the game we'll have to work with.

Also I'm not sure how to share the DB with everyone else should you want to make changes to it, so if someone could let me know how to do that?
Unread 03-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Rookie

check your pm , i think i found a weird way around the title problem , but we can talk more about it in a private message
Unread 03-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpelayo21 View Post
Also I'm not sure how to share the DB with everyone else should you want to make changes to it, so if someone could let me know how to do that?
Setting up a dropbox would be the easiest way, that would ensure everybody always has the most up-to-date version to work on
Unread 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Rookie

The way I'd do it is max everyone at max level regional. This way no exclusive contracts meaning they can hold titles multiple places , most realistic way to do it I think. Would have to edit tv deals and stuff like that so they can still get good coverage.
Unread 03-17-2018, 03:37 PM
Low Minors

any more work been done for this? gonna do some of my own and wouldnt mind importing from one database to another, see what we can merge together and make as a playable boxing db
Unread 03-21-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattu29 View Post
any more work been done for this? gonna do some of my own and wouldnt mind importing from one database to another, see what we can merge together and make as a playable boxing db
I've done some very bare bones work on it thus far, only getting as far as editing the fight engine and setting up companies. There seem to be a couple of brick walls as far as immersion and realism is concerned, but I'm sure we will figure things out as we move along.