Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Star

Finished the month with my 0/0/0/0 that I am testing for a dynasty. I was able to make $464 even with cult as a a key feature pulling my sponsorship down. I definitely feel that with the increased sponsorship revenue, and not having to pay travel fees, that the increased downsides are not an issue (though I used all of my workers so this wouldn't have been an issue). Now I just need to make it so that Japanese companies stop trying to poach my star!
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Minor League

Brett and Bart Biggins were furious that James Hernandez went over for the reinstated SWF Shooting Star Title (even though it was a 6 way ladder match and they were kept strong) so I repeatedly insulted them in my post match speech.

I had Remo win the SWF World Championship at my first PPV. Remo is awesome. Faith is going to put him over huge at the next couple of PPVs while Frehley has a blood feud with Vengeance and Rich Money destroys Lobby and causes him to revert to being Chris Morrisette.
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Phenom

Playing as DIW, The Comedian just gave me the owner goal that I can't hire or extend the contract of anyone who is known to have problems with the law.

If you want me to fire The Barracudas just say so.
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Rookie

I have a CGC game I look forward to continuing.

I decided that I wanted to be Steve DeColt and I wanted to bury the hatchet with Alex DeColt. So, Steve returned as an egomaniac hellbent on ruining the fairy tale existence that his brothers have as heroes.

So far, he is in the middle of taking Marie from Jack (and then kicking her to the curb, because he's just terrible). He already beat his brothers in a four way ladder match for Alex's title (Elite ran in). Their resolve to defeat him was weakened after Steve incited a brawl between all four brothers on the previous show.

So, at the end of the first month, all of the brothers have seen rises in their popularity, and Steve owns the Canadian wrestling world. I may have a real chance against NOTBPW.
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Star

Incurred a negative balance right off the bat in my first-ever 0/0/0/10000 attempt. Was using Big Cat Brandon as my avatar and had him walk away from the SWF to form a CZW-style promotion. Unfortunately, most of my workers (including a few who used to work for SWF or TCW) had moral objections to the type of matches I wanted.

Oh well. Gotta charge that to experience. At least the one and only show I ran graded out as a 50.
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM

Decided to run a RCI tournament with the idea of all past winners being involved to decide who the king of the tournament was. This turned out to be a mislead, as Vessey, Hernandez, Patriot, and Valentine all went out round 1, with Starr beating Flash in the finals after Vessey interference. By the end of the night, Starr was the companies top draw.

Talent raiding like mad in that play through: had to bump up the show date as SWF signed Hernadez, and at the end of the month, PGHW were making an offer for Vessey, and BHOTWG were offering deals for the Keith brothers and KC.
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Super Star

I have run into the same thing with KC going to Japan. I think I am going to wait to hire anyone until February when I get a full game going, that way the poaching is for the most part over before I get people in their groove.
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
All Star

In my CZCW test-run game, both Notorious and going Coastal have absolutely no tag-team chemistry. Good thing it's only a test game, or I'd have to scramble for undercard tag teams...
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM
All Star

GUYS! STABLE NAMES IN MATCH WRITEUPS!
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
As for EXODUS, 10 MILLION DOLLARS!? Now THAT'S walking around money! The depth of talent to look for isn't as deep, but there are parts there. I might have to really start throwing loans out a lot with that Cash.
EXODUS has an amazing roster for their style, if your avatar is Emerald Angel or such you can put on some very good matches with their top guys. Possibly my favorite promotion, some great room for tag team action and rising stars, I really like Commander Kawagishi. I've always been really into the junior scene glad to see it get some more attention.
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:36 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
GUYS! STABLE NAMES IN MATCH WRITEUPS!
Fantastic news! Now I just wish there was a way to add stable names for angles.
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:03 AM
Super Star

I think the stable names only applies if everyone in the stable is participating in the ring. Tried a three-man tag featuring the Chase Agency and since Emma Chase is considered a major member of the stable, their name still showed up as Brandon James, Rogue and Paul Huntingdon and not Chase Agency.

Anyway, here's what's going on in my game right now...

Weird. Part One and Part Two are Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith respectively - I often rename them as such when I have them working as masked jobbers. Just find it odd that they have absolutely zero chemistry despite being brothers...and twins at that.

Last edited by 3rdStringPG : 12-13-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Chase Agency! Darn it, I keep saying/typing Corporation or Company...
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Major League

Ran the RCI with MAW. Went well, a C- over all and Vessey was the winner of the RCI Trophy. A few angles with Sam Keith and a Tag Team Title match went well. Only Brett Starr was unhappy as i had Ace Youngblood take the belt from him as he's too big for it, Bret is angry now... so angry.

Fun stuff.
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Minor League

As if a teaser to make me buy the full game, the final news item before the demo expired was that USPW are in dire financial straights and could go under any day....it's hooked me in the see what happens!
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Hall of Fame

just started up another TCW game and got a perfect momentum roll as far as the main event is concerned

RDJ- 92
Rocky- 87
Vessey- 86
Tornado- 86
Cornell- 84
Wolf- 84
Joey- 72