Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-23-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olde_gregge View Post
*snip*
Wrapped up 2017 today in my WEXXV save and while financially it wasnít as profitable as last year, Iíve made some solid investments that should set me up moving forward.

Storyline wise, I had two major ones that I played with during the year. The major story involved Senmatsu, Morisue and eventually Makioka taking on Kajaharaís Four Horsemen, specifically the champion Plague. Massacre and The Apocolypse didnít have the popularity to compete with them, so they toiled away in a series of culling matches where I weeded out characters (Nobuhito Ogiwara, Henry Bennett and Logan Wolfsbaine) who just werenít fitting into the product; its been a slow process, but all three are slowly working their way up the card. Plague fended off a handful of challengers while I waited to throw Morisue or Senmatsu (collectively known as Foundation WEXXV after I discovered tag chemistry between them) at him for a rematch, but BHOTWG swooped in a signed Plague away prematurely. I was forced to vacate and brought in Tasuku Iesada on a three-month contract (had to given his Freelancer status) to win the belt in a match against the aforementioned Makioka, who had just returned after a year-long injury. Senmatsu won it back in Iesadaís first defense and things seemed to be returning back to normal in WEXXV. The Ace was back on top.

The second storyline revolved around the S.O.B. stable and their efforts to regroup following the departures of Doug Peak and Gareth Wayne. Henry Lee called in a favor from his old friend Madman Boone to help shore up the ranks, but the greatest effort was made in recruiting Frantic Ali and The Gremlin. This duo proved particularly difficult to convince, besting the stable at every turn, especially its new leader Lee who was visibly past his prime. The S.O.B. began to crumble internally, coming to a head in the summer where Boone turned on Lee and then the returning Doug Peak, freshly fired from a struggling GCG, had a confrontation with Wrecker. The stable collapsed, with The McWades declaring themselves neutral and the other four men fighting in the season finale. Bull Wrecker defeated Henry in a loser-leaves-town Dog Collar match while Peak and Boone prepared to square off later in the night, only to be blindsided by the return of Gareth Wayne, who wasnít happy to find his old stable in shambles. Wayne won in his return, and only time will tell if the pieces could be put back together

WEXXV spent much of 2017 in this self-imposed Small status, though it wasnít for lack of trying to make the jump. I was running two shows a month, a Young Lion event in the Kanto/Chubu region and then a main roster show in Tohoku. I was consistently raising my popularity with each show, but finishing last every single month in regional battles didnít really help with building momentum. I was being frugal with my production values as well, so progress was slow and stunted at times. I ended up buying SAISHO out in the summer for about 60k, but it still wasnít enough to put me into regional qualification.

Thankfully, I hit the requirement in November, bumped up to regional, and then immediately bought out BCG for 250k to solidify myself at the Regional status. This began my storyline thatíll carry me through 2018 where a BCG-stable consisting of Funakoshi, Blast Ikoma and Kadomaro Kamisoka (stupidly forgot to take Toriiís contract when I pillaged and he got signed by WLW) looking to instill the Maeda tradition in WEXXV. Funakoshi beat and then defeated Senmatsu in his rematch to close out the year while Ikoma/Kamisoka won the Blood Brothers titles from Naga-Mori.

BHOWTG continued to be a thorn in my side this year by signing away Plague, Tatsukichi Shichirobei, Toyokuni Hardcore, Zeshin Makioka and Frantic Ali. Really sucked to see Shichi and Ali go. The fill in those gaps, I brought in Bradford Peverell (who is the booker for PWMAX, so he canít get poached), Hustle Muuva, Katoh Freak and Ryobe Uno. I imagine Muuva will suffer a similar fate to Ali once I build him up enough, but Iím hoping Peverell will stick around a while. Funakoshi is going to reign on top until one of the big dogs inevitably steal him away. Iím honestly thinking about going intergender to build up some women that (hopefully) wonít get stolen. WLW offered me a non-aggression pact, and I think Iíll end up offering 5SSW one as well if I go that route.

Oh, and WEXXV won Most Improved Company for 2017! Pleasantly surprised and even more motivated to continue this rather unconventional climb.
Unread 06-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Hall of Fame

When you buy out other promotions, do they then become loyal to you? Those that were loyal to SAISHO or BCG? O.o

Trying not to read too much into the storylines so that my dynasty save won't get affected
Unread 06-24-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINisher View Post
When you buy out other promotions, do they then become loyal to you? Those that were loyal to SAISHO or BCG? O.o

Trying not to read too much into the storylines so that my dynasty save won't get affected
Neither Funakoshi or Blast Ikoma, who were the only two contracts I pillaged from either company, did not transfer their loyalty over to WEXXV, which was rather unfortunate. Not sure what would happen with Young Lions in this case; I imagine you'd get their loyalty if you renegotiated the contract after pillaging
Unread 06-27-2019, 01:22 AM
All Star

olde gregge's new announcement of intergender wrestling in his dynasty makes perfect sense for WEXXV. Have to wonder who in Japan as natives would fit a WEXXV Women's Division, though.