Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
Day Ten

It had been a good night. James Branson was dead and evidence showed the Centralia Strangler was long gone.

Still they weren't out of danger. The town was smoldering around them and the ordeal was yet to cease.

they gathered and swiftly debated until finally one of them swung from the gallows.

Wrestling Century is Dead. He was Allan Jones, Centralia Aligned Terminal Vet

it is now Night Ten. You have until 12 AM EST (5AM GMT) on Sunday January 27 to turn in your PM's to Imarevenant

WC becomes a victim of his own quiet nature. As the bulletproof townie he didn't really take the opportunity to help lead the town, instead sticking to his usual quiet posting patterns. Different players play in different ways though and at least 1/3rd of his quietness was due to the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant
You are Allan Jones, Centralia Aligned Terminal Vet

Kids today! Always causing trouble and trying to take what they havenít earned. Well, nobody is taking anything from you. Hell, you saw worse during your service with the army. Because of this you are well prepared for the storm thatís coming and will be un-killable at night.

Well most nights at least. There is the cancer to worry about after all. You have been diagnosed with Lung Cancer, however, you are a fighter and donít intend to go down without a fight. That means treatment and Chemo can take quite a lot out of a person.

Every third night you will have to be treated on these nights you will be susceptible to any harm intended for you. Likewise the day following Chemo will put you in a limited capacity. Thus, on day phases following your treatment you may only make 5 posts. If you go over this 5 post limit you will exert yourself and again be vulnerable during the night.

You win when all threats to Centralia have been eliminated.
I always have a weakness when adding a bulletproof townie or PGO. Here the BP townie was completely vulnerable every third night and it would become much harder to help lead every few days as well, unless of course his BP status had already been tested.

WC created a better weakness than I actually created tbh, alluding to be easier to lynch than others; but it simply wasn't the case and in trying to hide his actual vulnerability he came of a little scummy, which did him in at the end.
Unread 02-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Night Ten

The town was in ruin but the Driver was determined to finish what they started. He would continue doing what he had been doing this entire time. Gun in hand he followed one in particular.

He watched as the victim rounded the corner of the building. Picking up his pace he came around the corner gun in hand and.....

nothing.

Where had they gone?
Being that there was only 1 Mafia member left we didn't have the usual skipped night kill from the group as there was no doubt who would lead.

Here Leion targetted Bak42 for the kill.

I thought for sure that Crychon was going to be killed but Leion decided to choose between Bak and BHK instead and chose the wrong one.

Of course in writing this I was trying to get it out too quickly and wrote "he" instead of "they" as I normally would

Being a mod error I felt I needed to fix it although I wasn't going to call attention to it instead choosing to edit it out without making an announcement.

Not sure how much that changed things in the end but I do feel bad that I may have ruined Leion's chance to actually pull off the win at the end.

So, sorry Leion.
Unread 02-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Day Eleven

It had been a long grueling ordeal but the citizens of Centralia banded together one last time to finally rid themselves of the threat it faced.

In the end they would lead their final foe to the gallows and win.

But what was the cost.

Greed, corruption, and fear would leave Centralia as a smoldering, uninhabitable cesspool.

Leion is Dead. He was Gabe Burns, Branson Enterprises Aligned Bomb Threat

Quote:
You are Gabe Burns, Branson Enterprises Aligned Bomb Threat

Youíve wasted your life tucked away in those mines. Youíve watched friends and family succumb to injury and illness while Jonathan Branson made millions. Now itís time to even the score and help you and your family get whatís yours.

Youíve joined James Branson in his scheme to buy out the town and rake i the untold riches from your findings. To help youíll use your expertise with dynamite. Should you be lead to the gallows you will commit the ultimate sacrifice and blow up yourself and whomever is the closest to you (the hammer vote). This stipulation exists as long as you are not the person committing Branson Enterprises night kill.

To do so PM Imarevenant during the night phase.

You win when Branson Enterprises outnumbers all other players in the game

You may talk to the rest of Branson Enterprises outside of the thread.

They are:

Derek B
Eayragt
Paws
Arrows
Memory of Talon

Leion became the resident Mafia Hitman as he was under less suspicion than anyone else on the red team and his ability deemed less vital than everyone else.

I thought Leion played very well and had a real shot at pulling things off along with MoT. It did suck that nobody got blown up though
Unread 02-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Being that there was only 1 Mafia member left we didn't have the usual skipped night kill from the group as there was no doubt who would lead.

Here Leion targetted Bak42 for the kill.

I thought for sure that Crychon was going to be killed but Leion decided to choose between Bak and BHK instead and chose the wrong one.

Of course in writing this I was trying to get it out too quickly and wrote "he" instead of "they" as I normally would

Being a mod error I felt I needed to fix it although I wasn't going to call attention to it instead choosing to edit it out without making an announcement.

Not sure how much that changed things in the end but I do feel bad that I may have ruined Leion's chance to actually pull off the win at the end.

So, sorry Leion.
Lol, I had a good shot with that mistake as well. But, I guess it wouldn't have been fair for the town, I made the mistake, I should deal with it. Funnily enough, I never actually considered Crychon to be my priority. I was too concerned if I kill him that I will be lynched next. I thought my only shot was to get rid of BHK or Bak, and try to throw Crychon under the bus. Obviously that didn't work. Well, I guess this has been a learning experience for me as well. Lol.
Unread 02-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Phenom

Crychon
Quote:
You are Father Joseph, Centralia Aligned Man of God

You are a very faithful man who believes in helping those less fortunate than you and ultimately in the redemption of those who have been led astray. For this reasons you have made it your goal to protect others during this time of need. Each night you may target another player and hide them in your church. While hidden this individual will not be found by those trying to inflict harm upon them.

That said, you are a man of conviction who feels the need to continue on his moral path. For this reason you do not believe in inflicting mortal harm against others. Should you participate in the death of another human being via lynching you will be distraught during the night and unable to protect others.

You may choose to contribute to pressuring others via lynch votes however in order to use your ability at night you must end the day without a vote on another person.

You win when all threats to Centralia have been eliminated

Crych was a town protector however, like the other 2 there was a vulnerability there in that if he voted on a successful lynch he would lose the ability to protect someone the following night.

So town had 3 possible protectors. The Orphanage Director who would also RB the target, the Dr whose target would be saved from the NK but in essence be RB'd the following night and this role that would have to refrain from voting to try and save others.

I thought a decent trade off for having this many protectors while also giving town a chance to protect themselves from what could have become 4 kills each night if Quincy was put into permanent rage and the orphan managed to NK his target.

We only ended up with 2 successful protections against NK, both of which were by Crych. The first was the mafia attempt on Destiny and the last being the crucial protect on Bak that helped win the game for town.

Bak42
Quote:
You are Barbara Stakes, Centralia Aligned Doting Mother

Your husband always knew the town was rotten. You never believed him but recent events seem to point at him being right. The safest action for you at this time is to stay indoors with your husband until this entire situation blows over.

You may talk to your husband Elijah outside of the thread.

He is: The Two

The other half of our Mason group and the storyline mother of Sapphire. Bak really played well at end game when he was pretty much the only trusted townie after Two's death. Would have loved to see what would have happened if the Mason's split though.

BHK1978
Quote:
You are Floyd the Barber, Centralia Aligned Rumor Mill

In every small town there is a gathering place where people come to air each others dirty laundry. In Centralia that place is your barber shop. As a result of your establishments popularity you learn quite a bit about everyone in town. Thus, each night you will learn information. This information could be quite useful in helping the town overcome the threats it now faces or it could be simple gossip. Whose to know? That’s up to you to figure out.

I was glad to see BHK make it to end game and help seal the win for Town. I really thought the game broke BHK toward the end. The doomsday "rumors" he received didn't help.

I like PC Geeks but I don't necessarily like to outright feed info like # of scum to them. I also like sprinkling in ambiguous or borderline mis-information to them as well. Pretty much everything given was designed to be looked at much closer and not taken at face value.

Oh and the role title was indeed supposed to be a little lynch baitey lol

Quick recap of the hints:
1) You have learned that many residents of Centralia harbor dark secrets. (At face value this is nothing but it was meant to give a clearer hint that not all Centralia aligned roles do things in a perfectly "nice" manner. Particularly the relationship between Sheriff Allanson and Quincy, the Orphanage Director and the Step-Father)
2)You have learned that a new faction has formed. (Definite referral to Sapphire Enterprises being created. BHK also would have gotten this hint in the Orphan joined the SK, or if Sheriff Allanson and Quincy chose to be an SK pairing. There was the added benefit that write-ups were giving off a heavy cult vibe. And getting players paranoid about cults is just flat out fun)
3) On day 1 there were 8 non-town aligned players in the game. This # can grow. (All true info. 6 Red Mafia, 1 SK, and the Hider. The # could grown by 1 when Orphan would find a group to join. Again Cult implications caused some panic.)
4) Branson is not the only prominent name in town. There is another, much older family, whose last remaining member is considered royaly among the citizens of Centralia. (Hint toward the presence of the Princess. Was really here to alert scum toward that possibility. Wasn't sure the BHK would reveal this one but in the end he indeed did.)
5) Alliances have been finalized and the battle lines have been drawn. (Alert that all recruitments have been fulfilled. With this and the Night 3 hint I thought much of the info in figuring out how many scum was in the game was there for the Town to figure out.)
6) You've heard that only 2 residents of Centralia have switched alliances since this ordeal started (Further recruitment hints)
7) You look and look at the faces around you and very soon the those smiling back will equal those suppressing ill thoughts. (The first real doomsday rumor)
8)
For as long as you have lived in Centralia, you have never heard tell of a cult. (Rumor outright dispelling the presence of a cult. lol, rng threw this one to BHK real late when that talk had died down anyway.)
9) You have heard rumors that a coal fire can quickly get out of hand. Many speculate that there is precious little time to end the current ordeal and evacuate. (Yeah, this one was just outright fluff designed to go at as soon as the Mine Fire was activated. The fire had no gameplay effect except for this, which was designed only to cause some panic.)
10) Rumors from the fire department are that in about 1 day the air quality will be so bad that an evacuation is eminent. (More fluff at end game)

That about covers everything. Thanks everyone who played, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and will continue to join the next games GDS puts up.

If you have questions about anything let me know and I'll answer.