Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-08-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Did I say either of us were going to target the same player two nights in a row? Like I said, feel free to look into me if it will alleviate your concerns but would you be so bothered if Dylan wasn't your friend, at a subconscious level maybe it's affecting your decision making.
And I know from my old werewolf playstyle, that I would target newer players during the day as scum, to easily get them to panic under pressure and out themselves.

I don't play like that anymore. But its a good scum move. Apply a little bit of pressure to someone, and they spill everything.
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
And you said wasting multiple nights of resources. If I'm only targeting you once, I don't understand how that's multiple nights.
Even with the ideas that come to mind, multiple nights seems excessive. Especially if he was town.
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
I think this is a good lynch, especially after the claim.

I'm going to remove my vote for now in hopes that it can go through without me. I'll re-add my vote if I need to, though.

Change Vote: No Vote
To be clear, are you only affected if you vote on the lynch, is that right?
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
*She said while menacingly sharpening her gun. (Maybe)
Gotta keep those guns sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
To be clear, are you only affected if you vote on the lynch, is that right?
Yes, only if I'm on a final vote for a lynch.
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Even with the ideas that come to mind, multiple nights seems excessive. Especially if he was town.
I targetted Eternal Phoenix every night last game, but I was also scum. Lol
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Low Minors

I think I read enough, but I have a hard time relying on what you say. (I might still be a bit bitter the last time you killed me. lol) But the last time I did trust you, the town paid the consequences. so...

Vote: The Archer
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Phenom

It is now DAY PHASE TWO. With 30 players remaining, it's 16 to lynch.

You have until 2:00 PM EST (7:00 PM GMT) on Wednesday, January 9th to reach a majority vote. If no majority has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.

The Archer: 13 (Gonvick, Queen of Gnomes, Bak42, michgcs, Jaded, teh showtime, Paws, Rayelek, Memory of Talon, Lukess11, The Two, Wrestling Century, Leion)

Winter8905: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)

Lukess11: 1 (Eayragt)

Arrows: 1 (The Archer)
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
The problem is that anyone questioned at this point knows we aren't going to push for their lynch if they don't speak...I know it gives us another direction the next day...
Yep, it's unlikely to find obvious scum with the remainder of the day, but it can be interesting to see who's willing to answer a question or contribute something in a non-pressure situation, and who shows up to play only when pressured to do so.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:15 PM
All Star

Well I have a vote for now and it looks like this is the direction we're heading so will likely place my vote later.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Major League

It's been a few days since we've heard from theelectrickg I'd like to hear from them before this phase ends.

Also, Archer. With all the votes on you and the questions thrown at you, why is your vote on Arrows? Just curious.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutlaw321 View Post
I'm going to be honest. I'm frustrated. I could sit here and write out some long drawn out post about the events of day phase one; but I won't. Because deep down I get the feeling that the ones I would be appealing to are just playing their wincon. So take note of who has actually tried to further the game state and who has sat back and let this day just roll by. If this feeling is correct it doesn't bode well for the town. As a team, town we have to be better than this. You know where the action will be.
Foreshadowing. Knowing him personally, this reads like he knew where it was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
Night One:

The citizens of Centralia dispersed from the town square, many with plans for the night. One in particular was just looking for a place to belong.

---------------------------------

They knew exactly what they needed to do. It was a risk but the reward would be well worth it. They thought.

He searched and searched but just couldn’t find some like-minded people.

The driver drove up to the building, confidently knowing he’d be there. Knowing he’d be alone. He stepped inside and was immediately greeted.

“Hey, how can I help you.”

The gun was raised in an instant.

“Nothing personal Sheriff, I always liked you. You’re just going to be in the way.”

The man sat in his car, watching, waiting. There it is.
Nothing he didn’t expect. He started the car and casually drove off.

The news about the loss of the Sheriff spread quickly throughout the town.

This particular person was sitting at the diner when he heard the news.

Immediately he dropped some bills on the counter and left, his eyes in a rage as he walked out the door.

They were all going to pay for what just happened.......

Theoutlaw321 is dead he was: Sheriff Allanson, Centralia Aligned Good Cop

It is now DAY PHASE TWO. With 30 players remaining, it's 16 to lynch.

You have until 2:00 PM EST (7:00 PM GMT) on Wednesday, January 9th to reach a majority vote. If no majority has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.

As always, if you see a mistake point it out.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
The tone of "They were all going to pay" is a bit much for a vig, I think. Could be some Punisher level anti-hero vig, but I'd be more willing to bet it's a SK.
I wonder it that is a generic 'They?' Or is there a specific 'they?'
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
Taking down Outlaw on Night 1 takes balls of steel. That to me suggests either a hardened veteran or a new player who doesn't know the significance.

One kill is too few, and that middle piece does sound culty, and then we have somebody being activated at the end. I think this game could be quite a rollercoaster.

I don't like chatting too much at night, but I need to ask BlueStar:

That was an odd thing to say, what did you mean by that?
Regardless, it still is a bold move at this stage.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Minor League

Sorry this took so long. Went back and re-read pretty much everything and put this together with a little editing to put stuff together "neatly."

MQM Driver!

Quote:
What, who told you? Or...um... wait... let me start again.

No.

Whew, I saved that from a near disaster.
If Archer turns out to be a hider and did hide behind Gonvick, I guess this really doesn't matter. I do this kind of stuff when I'm scum and confident. Got the same vibe here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectrickg View Post
Checking in.
01-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Catching up.
01-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Ok I am caught up. Wasn't as bad as yesterday.

I am undecided on lynching first day. Of course I like to be sure of anyone I vote on. So without anything to go on I would find it difficult to lynch anyone first day.
26 minutes later, filler. That it? Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
Hey just checking in.
Dylan and I are on vacation through Sunday, so neither of us is really going to be around.

I'll be home and ready to go Monday.
Paws keeps up, still tends to be around. Dylan, not so much. Not saying he's avoiding the thread at this point or anything, because vacation can take you away from things, still, worth noting. Though I do feel like if Dylan had a team, they'd be on him to at least be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
It would be terrible play, but the meta direction my mind went was The Archer.

Asked who killed him in the other thread, then put a few throwaway posts in here to appear active.
Quote:
I noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
Noticed that too.
Quote:
ChangeVote:The Archer
"OUTLAW DUN TRUST ARROWS!" Screams the Archer, despite the fact that Outlaw agreed with Crychon and I that something was off about the way Archer handled that situation. We revising history to pretend like this didn't happen, and you and Outlaw were the bestest buddies ever, Archer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
always will suspect outlaw arrows and probably derek until cleared.
Oh look. Thought we were scum here, too. Even Outlaw. So you've already been wrong once, and want to try and use Outlaw's words to motivate people to let you live and go after me? lol.

Quote:
I feel the love. I still think you are scum. Smarter scum than most give you credit for.
Quote:
If I had to bet, I bet he flips scum. But ......
Quote:
I have a strong gut read on Archer. Let me internally debate in my head the consequences of being right/wrong on D1 with it.
Aaaand, Outlaw calls you scum. Repeatedly. Hm. You know, it's almost like he trusted you less than he trusted me, really. Funny that you've been the one using his words as some claim that I'm bound to be scum because we disagree on how day one should be handled. Especially when if so many of us didn't disagree on it, you wouldn't be alive right now to have this discussion.

Quote:
I'm going to be honest. I'm frustrated. I could sit here and write out some long drawn out post about the events of day phase one; but I won't. Because deep down I get the feeling that the ones I would be appealing to are just playing their wincon. So take note of who has actually tried to further the game state and who has sat back and let this day just roll by. If this feeling is correct it doesn't bode well for the town. As a team, town we have to be better than this. You know where the action will be.
Look, it's the thing Archer clings to in hopes of getting me lynched with his one vote and no questions! Outlaw was talking about me. Clearly. I'm not even going to deny the fact that Outlaw and I disagreed on the way things should be handled, and you know, he's right. i just don't know how to play that game, without coming off the way i used to come off, and that's not something I can just go doing again.

Let's start with this.

You know what might've been more effective? Coming at me. Instead, you tried to deflect on BlueStar when he went for the push on you after the way you acted towards your good buddy who you trust so much to be right about the stuff you think too, and only threw a vote on me when you realized that push wasn't going to save you.

We've already discussed your whole town/indy/town/indy/who knows thing, so I won't bore everyone with all of those quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory of Talon View Post
ChangeVote: The Archer

I need to go to sleep but I might as well play follow the vet in case I don't wake up before a hammer is struck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory of Talon View Post
Okay that makes sense. I just don't know exactly how things usually play out here so I wasn't sure how fast you guys might reach a majority. As you know we don't end the day at majority where I come from.

If pressure is what is needed then pressure shall be applied.
Don't know how fast we reach majority. Wanted to be on that vote count if we did, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emark View Post
Hola, all.
Quote:
And welcome to the newest participants of our dysfunctional family
Quote:
Vote: Destiny

Wouldn't be proper without it.

What's going on with you sir? Hhmmmmm......
3 filler posts, within 3 minutes, at 3 am. Bumpin' up that post count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Gnomes View Post
I agree with this. The Archer would have motivation to kill Outlaw at night.

Has Queen of Gnomes said anything of value, or has it all been filler so far? There is this, which is... odd? Dunno. I don't know the new players to really get a good read out of the gate. "The Archer would have motivation to kill Outlaw at night." just seems, odd. Blue caught that too. Even after that, still not a lot from her. You know, for people from a site that forces you to be constantly active and playing by the seat of your pants, pretty much, really seems to be sitting WAY back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century View Post
Yes, with how the narrative is set up, I can see many roles evolving to other things, if that makes sense. It will be a very interesting game.

Also, Memory of Talon and Queen of Gnomes (iirc) seemed scummy pushing for a day one lynch, but apparently that's how they play on other forums, according to Talon. So no real leads yet.
Just covered how Queen of Gnomes basically lurked D1. So, weird that he'd find her scummy for doing something she didn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
Or turned into a VIG (passive role becoming active, eg a deputy).
Euhm....getting outlaw N1, that takes guts (beyond me)...someone must have something here.
If this was anyone other than Blue I'd be a lot more concerned about it. Blue tends to read things differently due to the mostly unnoticeable language barrier. Sometimes it helps him pick up on stuff. Someones he doesn't see the same context others do.
Unread 01-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
outlaw was frustrated with town as a group yesterday. and given tbe results i can see why. besides his hard on for me he had serious doubts about those that we should expect to be more vocal. so who do you think he was talking about?
Because I receive plenty of emails authored by him at work, I can vouch for there is seldom a email sent without a reason or an intent between the lines. Take that for what you will.

He was on you very hard. Harder than I have seen him in the brief time I have played.