Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Major League

Hmm.

I can get behind this. Vote: The Archer.
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Phenom

It is now DAY PHASE TWO. With 30 players remaining, it's 16 to lynch.

You have until 2:00 PM EST (7:00 PM GMT) on Wednesday, January 9th to reach a majority vote. If no majority has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.

The Archer: 15 (Gonvick, Queen of Gnomes, Bak42, michgcs, Jaded, teh showtime, Paws, Rayelek, Memory of Talon, Lukess11, The Two, Wrestling Century, Leion, Arrows, moon lit tears)

Winter8905: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)

Lukess11: 1 (Eayragt)

Arrows: 1 (The Archer)
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
Since it's going to be a long wait for Blue to possibly explain himself better, let's not waste the time. So here's a topic of discussion.

The general consensus is that killing Outlaw N1 is a risky move. If we were to focus on the killer of Outlaw, I think a case could be made for starting with this list.

Teh Showtime
Leion
The Archer
Eternal Phoenix

I'm curious if anyone else came up with a similar list. And if you think any of the names would be more motivated to take a risk than the others.
Did anything come of this or did it get lost in the shuffle of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukess11 View Post
Considering what I know at the moment, I will Vote: BlueStar.
Well what do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
last game show played he was hider. behind 12. first letter every second word.
Quote:
Gut check on this noob. verify some info before coming atme kid.
So Gonvick. I wouldn't have gotten it. But that doesn't say Outlaw wouldn't have. And 'Seriously' could have been his was of responding to being called noob or kid. But since he didn't cuss him out which is what would have happened in real life. It very well could have been a nice way of putting what he would normally say 'Are you freaking kidding me.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
I have a list of people I'd prioritize over Outlaw.

You're the one who seems to be snappy at people. Going to accept your claim for now.

Change Vote: No Vote

Trying to figure out Blue. Going to go back and have a look over everything before I decide if I'm going to toss my vote on that wagon.
Just curious, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emark View Post
I suppose that could be his claim but I feel it's awfully early to claim already.

In terms of calling for a doc to run to outlaw, that's a bit presumptuous. That could also be a lure in to trouble. Just my opinion from left field.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he would have been watched or protected. I protected Astil and Winter last game because I thought they had good roles.

Quote:
Billy Tolen, Centralia Aligned Terrified School Bully
I was unsure, until this claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eayragt View Post
As much as it sounds like it doesn't fit the claim, it'd be a terrible fake claim, and The Archer doesn't strike me as a terrible player...
No in my first game he bested all of us. So I don't know what to make of this.

Quote:
never confirmed or implied anything. i hinted to the one person at the time who had acted like he was town. if hadnt believed it he would have kept hammering. its not a non vet move in this situation to hide behind arrows or derek if i think theyre not town. why would they shoot their own guys. learn something from my death.
I believe it is too late for anything like that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
It's been a few days since we've heard from theelectrickg I'd like to hear from them before this phase ends.

Also, Archer. With all the votes on you and the questions thrown at you, why is your vote on Arrows? Just curious.
I am reading as you post this. And from what I gather he feels that Arrows was who Outlaw was talking at among others.

Quote:
Sorry this took so long. Went back and re-read pretty much everything and put this together with a little editing to put stuff together "neatly."

MQM Driver!

If Archer turns out to be a hider and did hide behind Gonvick, I guess this really doesn't matter. I do this kind of stuff when I'm scum and confident. Got the same vibe here.

01-04-2019, 05:20 PM

01-05-2019, 08:36 PM

26 minutes later, filler. That it? Hm.

Paws keeps up, still tends to be around. Dylan, not so much. Not saying he's avoiding the thread at this point or anything, because vacation can take you away from things, still, worth noting. Though I do feel like if Dylan had a team, they'd be on him to at least be around.

"OUTLAW DUN TRUST ARROWS!" Screams the Archer, despite the fact that Outlaw agreed with Crychon and I that something was off about the way Archer handled that situation. We revising history to pretend like this didn't happen, and you and Outlaw were the bestest buddies ever, Archer?

Oh look. Thought we were scum here, too. Even Outlaw. So you've already been wrong once, and want to try and use Outlaw's words to motivate people to let you live and go after me? lol.

Aaaand, Outlaw calls you scum. Repeatedly. Hm. You know, it's almost like he trusted you less than he trusted me, really. Funny that you've been the one using his words as some claim that I'm bound to be scum because we disagree on how day one should be handled. Especially when if so many of us didn't disagree on it, you wouldn't be alive right now to have this discussion.

Look, it's the thing Archer clings to in hopes of getting me lynched with his one vote and no questions! Outlaw was talking about me. Clearly. I'm not even going to deny the fact that Outlaw and I disagreed on the way things should be handled, and you know, he's right. i just don't know how to play that game, without coming off the way i used to come off, and that's not something I can just go doing again.

Let's start with this.

Vote: The Archer

You know what might've been more effective? Coming at me. Instead, you tried to deflect on BlueStar when he went for the push on you after the way you acted towards your good buddy who you trust so much to be right about the stuff you think too, and only threw a vote on me when you realized that push wasn't going to save you.

We've already discussed your whole town/indy/town/indy/who knows thing, so I won't bore everyone with all of those quotes.

Don't know how fast we reach majority. Wanted to be on that vote count if we did, though.

3 filler posts, within 3 minutes, at 3 am. Bumpin' up that post count.

Has Queen of Gnomes said anything of value, or has it all been filler so far? There is this, which is... odd? Dunno. I don't know the new players to really get a good read out of the gate. "The Archer would have motivation to kill Outlaw at night." just seems, odd. Blue caught that too. Even after that, still not a lot from her. You know, for people from a site that forces you to be constantly active and playing by the seat of your pants, pretty much, really seems to be sitting WAY back.

Just covered how Queen of Gnomes basically lurked D1. So, weird that he'd find her scummy for doing something she didn't?

If this was anyone other than Blue I'd be a lot more concerned about it. Blue tends to read things differently due to the mostly unnoticeable language barrier. Sometimes it helps him pick up on stuff. Someones he doesn't see the same context others do.
Okay, I am going to address a few points all here together. First, I was going to speak on the comments that you made but I won't as the personal stuff is not mine to speak on.

But I wonder why you feel the need to what is the term 'throw shade' at me?

And correct me if I am wrong, there are several players in this game that are new to us, but weren't to Outlaw?

Are there any more new players that you'd like to 'shade' while you are at it?

In one post Queen of Gnomes, Dylan, and myself. Funny how you give the pass to the vet but not to the new players.
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
Just throwing this out there.

There is something really peculiar about Michgcs post a couple pages ago, and Archers claim.

So either Michgcs is really good at reading into hints, Michgcs is a role cop, or Archer took Michgcs post for a quick role claim idea.
Quote:
He said "Seriously?" cause you came at him like a high school kid in the 90s trying to impress someone.
I think Archer is just winging it. I was iffy at first as he really came off as an indy hider to me but claiming to be town seems... off. I know he never said he was indy but the way he was posting made it appear as if he wasn't town aligned. Anyway we're L-1 and my vote is staying where it is.

I hope it's right, though, as there are some people I don't necessarily trust on the band wagon right now.

(Oh, and Paws, apparently I suck at reading hints as I thought Blue was saying he's a telephone operator )
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
I think Archer is just winging it. I was iffy at first as he really came off as an indy hider to me but claiming to be town seems... off. I know he never said he was indy but the way he was posting made it appear as if he wasn't town aligned. Anyway we're L-1 and my vote is staying where it is.

I hope it's right, though, as there are some people I don't necessarily trust on the band wagon right now.

(Oh, and Paws, apparently I suck at reading hints as I thought Blue was saying he's a telephone operator )
I didn't know what Bluestar was trying to claim. I still don't. May i ask who those are that you dont trust?
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectrickg View Post
Just curious, who?

Okay, I am going to address a few points all here together. First, I was going to speak on the comments that you made but I won't as the personal stuff is not mine to speak on.

And correct me if I am wrong, there are several players in this game that are new to us, but weren't to Outlaw?

Are there any more new players that you'd like to 'shade' while you are at it?

In one post Queen of Gnomes, Dylan, and myself. Funny how you give the pass to the vet but not to the new players.
Names that start with B, mostly. To answer the first question.

As for the rest, I'm not sure how exactly I'm "Throwing shade."

I was asked for my thoughts. I went back and picked up stuff that was interesting to me, and mentioned it. Maybe the vets got the pass because I know what to expect from them and know the typical. There were vets mentioned though. MLT appears to have summoned you somehow (Joking, just incredible timing or you were watching waiting for your name), and you've given more in the time since I posted that than in the entire game up to then. Agree? Disagree?

If I'm not allowed to point out basic stuff without it being bullying the new people or throwing shade, what exactly would you like for me to do with my posts?
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Names that start with B, mostly. To answer the first question.

As for the rest, I'm not sure how exactly I'm "Throwing shade."

I was asked for my thoughts. I went back and picked up stuff that was interesting to me, and mentioned it. Maybe the vets got the pass because I know what to expect from them and know the typical. There were vets mentioned though. MLT appears to have summoned you somehow (Joking, just incredible timing or you were watching waiting for your name), and you've given more in the time since I posted that than in the entire game up to then. Agree? Disagree?

If I'm not allowed to point out basic stuff without it being bullying the new people or throwing shade, what exactly would you like for me to do with my posts?
Again with the 'shade.' Oh right that was a joke.

I don't know how about working 4 12's in a row. And yet it's not out of the norm for me since I've been playing.

You are free to do with your posts as you feel fit. They are your's. As are mine.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
The Archer: 15 (Gonvick, Queen of Gnomes, Bak42, michgcs, Jaded, teh showtime, Paws, Rayelek, Memory of Talon, Lukess11, The Two, Wrestling Century, Leion, Arrows, moon lit tears)
Quote:
I didn't know what Bluestar was trying to claim. I still don't. May i ask who those are that you dont trust?

Hmm, let's see.

1. I think at least one of the new people is scum. MoT has participated but QoG has gone under the radar a bit.

2. lukess11 and WC I always struggle with understanding their playstyle. They may be town but there's always some distrust as they tend to drop votes more or less out of the blue (at least here and in the Carnival game)
3. Arrows and MLT (and Jaded and Rayelek, too) I always want to keep an eye on, as they're wily LOL
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Hall of Fame

4. To add to my list, I wonder where foolinc, Derek B, and Tha Black Phenom are.

5. With 30 players left and 18 throwing down votes, there are currently 12 that have yet to do so:
3 BHK1978
4 BlueStar
5 Crychon
6 Derek B
7 Destiny
9 Emark
11 foolinc
16 Martel123
17 mdylan511
25 Tha Black Phenom
28 theelectrickg
30 Winter8905
Hopefully you guys will be online before the day phase ends
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Phenom

Quote:
4. To add to my list, I wonder where foolinc, Derek B, and Tha Black Phenom are.

5. With 30 players left and 18 throwing down votes, there are currently 12 that have yet to do so:
3 BHK1978
4 BlueStar
5 Crychon
6 Derek B
7 Destiny
9 Emark
11 foolinc
16 Martel123
17 mdylan511
25 Tha Black Phenom
28 theelectrickg
30 Winter8905
Hopefully you guys will be online before the day phase ends
To be fair, I voted... I just had to take my vote off.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Did anything come of this or did it get lost in the shuffle of the day?
Well, Archer is on the list and is nearly lynched, so something might come of it sooner rather than later. If his lynch clears him from the list, then the others could be looked at. Really depends on this result.

Quote:
Might have something to do with you getting caught up on day 1 after Archer was already a topic of conversation and had a fair number of votes and only commenting on a general voting philosophy rather than something more directly useful. I could see where someone might wonder about that. Especially after this phase and possible implications from the result.

Even now, I'm not really sure where you stand on the Archer lynch.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
To be fair, I voted... I just had to take my vote off.
Yeah, sorry. I was reading along and I think you and Blue said you'd be here by deadline.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Hmm, let's see.

1. I think at least one of the new people is scum. MoT has participated but QoG has gone under the radar a bit.

2. lukess11 and WC I always struggle with understanding their playstyle. They may be town but there's always some distrust as they tend to drop votes more or less out of the blue (at least here and in the Carnival game)
3. Arrows and MLT (and Jaded and Rayelek, too) I always want to keep an eye on, as they're wily LOL
Thanks for answering my question. I actually agree with all three. Wouldn't surprise me if there were as many as a third voting for Archer that are non town.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
Well, Archer is on the list and is nearly lynched, so something might come of it sooner rather than later. If his lynch clears him from the list, then the others could be looked at. Really depends on this result.

Might have something to do with you getting caught up on day 1 after Archer was already a topic of conversation and had a fair number of votes and only commenting on a general voting philosophy rather than something more directly useful. I could see where someone might wonder about that. Especially after this phase and possible implications from the result.

Even now, I'm not really sure where you stand on the Archer lynch.
I would have an easier time believing the claim if he were an indy. But the title is off too.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Thanks for answering my question. I actually agree with all three. Wouldn't surprise me if there were as many as a third voting for Archer that are non town.
Unless Archer flips mafia, I'd agree. If he does, I doubt that many of his mates have votes on him. It's still an early phase and there's plenty of reasons to not be voting for him, just as there are reasons to vote for him.