Accurate Historical Team Names & Colors
I've had about a year's experience playing this game, and the teams having the same color throughout history and having the team names be just the city name wasn't cutting it for me, so I decided to do something about it.
Here's what I did in a nutshell:
1) All team files were changed to include historically accurate team names, as team names aren't included in vanilla FBPB.
2) Team colors in each team file were changed to historically accurate team colors that will change through the years based on information available at colorwerx.net
3) The USA1 (NBA) and USA2 (NBADL) league files were updated to the 2015-2016 season and were given correct league names.
4) All teams that played in the 2015-2016 season had their files updated to that season.
5) New D-League teams that have joined the league since the 2012-2013 season were added.
5) Accurate arena names and info were added for teams when necessary.
6) The USA 2012 league file was also given accurate team colors and team names for the 2012-2013 season.
I think that's it. It took many days of hard work and I think it paid off.
1) First navigate to the FBPB folder usually located at C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3\.
2) Then, make a new folder called BACKUP or something similar. Select both the "Historical Leagues" and "LeagueFiles" folders and copy and paste them to the backup folder you just created. This is so you can revert back to old files in case something goes wrong or for some crazy reason you want the old ones back.
3) Select the new "Historical Leagues" and "LeagueFiles" from within the .7z file (you will need 7-Zip, a free program, to open it) and extract them to the folder mentioned above. Overwrite the original files when asked.
4) Now you will have accurate historical team names and colors in FBPB!
NOTE: This will not affect current saves. You must start a new league for the changes to take effect!
5) To go back to the old files (why?), delete the "Historical Leagues" and "LeagueFiles" folders. Go to the backup folder you created and copy and paste the old ones back to their original location.
If there's something that needs to be corrected or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reply to this thread and I'll sort it out.