Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-06-2019, 06:34 AM

Default CornellVerse 2020

With TEW 2020 around the corner, what would your hopes for the verse be? I think that TCW has run its course and should be shut down or merged with the SWF in a bid to challenge the giant in USPW. Or merged with USPW and renamed something less US named as I've always found it difficult to see them global with a national name.
What do you guys want?
Unread 04-06-2019, 09:15 AM

I am newer to C-verse as this is first year I played C-Verse. I think USPW will sign away Remo from SWF. Valiant may be signed away, but in 2020 he will be 40. I think SWF will be the company who falls the most. TCW has Wolf Hawkins waiting in the wings to replace Rocky Golden who will be in twilight of his career by 2020. PSW is my company that I play as mostly(I change the product to TCW like). I think they'll either die or prosper as their stars will be retired by then, and this could lead to youth movement or death.
Unread 04-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh31 View Post
With TEW 2020 around the corner, what would your hopes for the verse be? I think that TCW has run its course and should be shut down or merged with the SWF in a bid to challenge the giant in USPW. Or merged with USPW and renamed something less US named as I've always found it difficult to see them global with a national name.
What do you guys want?
Expect TCW to be Cult with almost no money and only Golden left. I expect SWF to have gotten desperate and changed their product to something much edgier and more modern to compete with USPW turning the book over to Vilbert, who are rising to take on the milktoast superpower.

I expect Invincible Pro to be regional and honing a product that can expand out of California and is leaving Grimm's one-dimensional product behind.

I expect PSW to fold

I expect AAA and QAW to both be regional.

In Canada, I expect CGC to close, and the DeColts in NotBW locked in a Freebirds vs. Von Erichs style storyline that will cement NotBW as soulless A* machines for the foreseeable future. I expect 4C to grow to Cult and break away from the CotT.

In Mexico, I expect Champagne Lover to be the biggest star in the history of wrestling, leading SotBW to National.

In England, 21CW begins a European expansion.

In Japan, BHWGs western move has worked, PGHW has fallen to Cult, as they pick up a number of Western stars from TCW and CGC that coupled with the fact they run more events and make more money re-invigorate their product.

That's what I expect: What I hope, is that there's something really earthshaking happens in Europe, maybe a Brexit like a thing that spurs a European Wrestling boom, led by a new promotion.

Last edited by Makhai : 04-06-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Unread 04-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Super Star

The game has been rebuilt from the ground up, so I'm really expecting some massive changes to the Cornellverse. It's just got to. If the game needs to be released in the summer instead of Christmas, so be it.

Pretty much every major Cornellverse character from 2004 has to be put out to pasture. You could have a couple of them for like a current Undertaker story, but the database for 2016 is pretty bad. Every game was basically a dice roll for Time Decline, and every top promotion plays out the same: Replace your old stars with new ones. It's just not particularly fun.
Unread 04-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
The game has been rebuilt from the ground up, so I'm really expecting some massive changes to the Cornellverse. It's just got to. If the game needs to be released in the summer instead of Christmas, so be it.

Pretty much every major Cornellverse character from 2004 has to be put out to pasture. You could have a couple of them for like a current Undertaker story, but the database for 2016 is pretty bad. Every game was basically a dice roll for Time Decline, and every top promotion plays out the same: Replace your old stars with new ones. It's just not particularly fun.
Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins are the only two guys who will be top stars that wont be over or close to 40 years old by 2020. I don't like how top guys linger around in the game. Champagne Lover for me was around 10 years in with about 0 stamina for example.
Unread 04-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tew101 View Post
Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins are the only two guys who will be top stars that wont be over or close to 40 years old by 2020. I don't like how top guys linger around in the game. Champagne Lover for me was around 10 years in with about 0 stamina for example.
Have you looked around wrestling lately? 36-44 is the peak of a wrestler's career. Boot up a RW mod and take a peak.
Unread 04-06-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhai View Post
Have you looked around wrestling lately? 36-44 is the peak of a wrestler's career. Boot up a RW mod and take a peak.

I don't disagree. The game starts a steep decline around that age though. The prime of a most guys are typically the early 30's in the game.
Unread 04-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhai View Post
44 is really, really pushing it. I'm with you that a wrestler can still go in their late 30s-ish, but don't allow a couple outliers, and the fact that there's a ton of old people wrestling still currently, influence your opinions about this.

The time decline age in TEW is fairly accurate, and there's tons of big stars in that range just looking at the 2016 database.
Unread 04-06-2019, 03:51 PM

I think SWF will have taken a step or two back. One due to the investigation which will succeed to a point and the other due to a split between the two Eisen sons (Richard is retired now).

USPW is dominating, but I think they will have large problems much like WCW at the height of their powers. Bad backstage, creative control, it's gonna be a mess.

TCW will probably be on the way back up. Perhaps landing a hot new name or two that takes things up for them (KC Glenn?).

USPW and TCW will both gain developmental companies as things might be headed for another war.

I think NYCW is gone as is Grimm So-Cal Wrestling. I do think some new companies may pop up including

In Canada, NotBW is still on top with 4C rising and CGC falling.

In Mexico, Champagne Lover quits wrestling to do acting full time and it's a mad scramble to the top.

One Japanese company places a development company in Hawaii, perhaps BHWG.

RAW still leads in Australia.

I do expect an influx of new companies popping up including one in the US that sounds and feels like All Elite Wrestling, some challengers for 21CW in England including one by the Cornells, a third option in Australia that more or less replaces the Comedian's promotion, and some fresh blood in Europe and India.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Phenom

Quote:
44 is really, really pushing it. I'm with you that a wrestler can still go in their late 30s-ish, but don't allow a couple outliers, and the fact that there's a ton of old people wrestling still currently, influence your opinions about this.

The time decline age in TEW is fairly accurate, and there's tons of big stars in that range just looking at the 2016 database.
Ready to have your mind blown? Here is the top-20 from the Power 500 from 2018 in RW Chronicles with their ages.(I'm in September so might be a year off) This generation of wrestlers are eating healthy and taking better care of themselves, and 50 is the new 40.

#1 - Tanahashi - 42
#2 - Omega - 36
#3 - AJ Styles - 42
#4 - Okada - 31
#5 - Cena - 42
#6 - Rollins - 34
#7 - Nakamura - 39
#8 - Naito - 37
#9 - Jericho - 48
#10 - Bryan - 38
#11 - Rey Mysterio - 44
#12 - Balor - 38
#13 - HHH - 50
#14 - Owens - 35
#15 - Ultimo Guerrero - 47
$16 - Almas - 29
#17 - Orton - 39
#18 - Del Rio - 42
#19 - Daniels -48
#20 - Hennigan - 39

Last edited by Makhai : 04-06-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Super Star

My mind isn't blown. That took a lot of effort to track people's ages for not much of a point based in reality.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Phenom

Quote:
My mind isn't blown. That took a lot of effort to track people's ages for not much of a point based in reality.
Average age? 40. The C-verse should be hitting it's peak in 2020.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Star

If you're saying that the database is fine because the game doesn't simulate time decline very well and all the 45 year olds still produce great ratings, then fine. But if you're arguing that 45 is the new 25 in REAL LIFE because a text simulation crunched some numbers, then I just don't understand that one.

I realize now that you might be saying the former, but I'm just not too sure.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Phenom

Quote:
If you're saying that the database is fine because the game doesn't simulate time decline very well and all the 45 year olds still produce great ratings, then fine. But if you're arguing that 45 is the new 25 in REAL LIFE because a text simulation crunched some numbers, then I just don't understand that one.

I realize now that you might be saying the former, but I'm just not too sure.
The C-verse is an alternate universe that's based on reality. I don't care what metric you use. Pretty much all of the most over, best working guys all around the world are in their 40s right now. It would only make sense for time decline and the C-verse to represent this.
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianc2008 View Post
I think SWF will have taken a step or two back. One due to the investigation which will succeed to a point and the other due to a split between the two Eisen sons (Richard is retired now).

USPW is dominating, but I think they will have large problems much like WCW at the height of their powers. Bad backstage, creative control, it's gonna be a mess.

TCW will probably be on the way back up. Perhaps landing a hot new name or two that takes things up for them (KC Glenn?).

USPW and TCW will both gain developmental companies as things might be headed for another war.

I think NYCW is gone as is Grimm So-Cal Wrestling. I do think some new companies may pop up including

In Mexico, Champagne Lover quits wrestling to do acting full time and it's a mad scramble to the top.

I do expect an influx of new companies popping up including one in the US that sounds and feels like All Elite Wrestling, some challengers for 21CW in England including one by the Cornells, a third option in Australia that more or less replaces the Comedian's promotion, and some fresh blood in Europe and India.
Isnt NYCW in that alliance with MAW among others? I see PSW dying out and NYCW lasting. I think one of the two will still be around at least.