[COTT] Eastern Championship Wrestling: Perhaps not to The Extreme?
ECW World Heavyweight Title
ECW World Tag Team Titles
The Public Enemy
ECW World Television Title
Current TV Shows
ECW Hardcore TV
Shown weekly on Home Team Sports, Sportschannel Tri-State and Sunshine Network.
Coming up...a few reserved posts and a start of a 1994 ECW Mod...
(Oh, and if someone can make a nice Eastern Championship Wrestling banner, that would be much appreciated)
Last edited by BlueStar : 02-17-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Dory Funk Jr.
Too Cold Scorpio
The Best (and The Rest)
Bad Breed (Axl Rotten / Ian Rotten)
Phi Delta Slam (Bruno Sassi / Dan Evans)
The Bruise Brothers (Don Harris / Ron Harris)
The Funk Brothers (Terry Funk / Dory Funk Jr.)
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge / Rocco Rock)
The Pitbulls (Pitbull #1 / Pitbull #2)
The Dangerous Alliance (Paul E. Dangerously, Sabu, 911)
Jason's Knights (Jason Knight, Pitbull #1, Pitbull #2, Chad Austin, Rockin' Rebel)
Paul E. Dangerously
Last edited by BlueStar : 02-17-2018 at 02:13 PM.
& & THE UNKNOWN EUROPEAN
Owner Tod Gordon is in his office of ECW. Everything looks set to take place. Next month is the time where they will leave the NWA and start a new wave. Shane Douglas has agreed to do a great segment. Nobody seems in on the loop. The only problem is … the bank account. Gordon knows he’s on borderline bankrupcy and is looking to make a new loan deal.
Gordon gets a call. Paul E… of course. Everyday Paul E. calls and assures Gordon ECW is going to take the world of wrestling by storm. Of course, Paul doesn’t have to pay the wages of Funk, Snuka, Douglas.
But then, Gordon gets another call. A call which will shake ECW up. Some strange European guy. He’s offering money for ECW. At first it seems a prank call…Gordon laughs it off.
Within minutes the European calls again. At least he can take it on the chin.
Gordon: “You’re offering me 500.000 for this company? Seriously…I need to think about this.”
The other guy seems intent.
Gordon: “You want my reply now? I need to talk things through with…”
Gordon: “What do you mean? Do this without Heyman knowing it? Yeah I know, I need the money…”
Gordon thought hard about this one….selling ECW to an unknown. That would be suicide for the company. But at least, he’s be out of debt.
Last edited by BlueStar : 02-17-2018 at 02:28 PM.
July 1994 schedule
W1 ECW Hardcore TV
W2 ECW Hardcore TV
W3 ECW Hardcore TV
W3 ECW Heat Wave 1994
W4 ECW Hardcore TV
* Eastern Championship Wrestling has fallen surprisingly in the hands of a Belgian owner, called R.G. He fancies himself a bit of a colour commentator and, while most of the media took a good shot at him, he seems a solid diplomat. He has assured former owners Tod Gordon and Paul E. Dangerously that they very much feature in his plans with ECW. Both seem to accept their new status in the company.
* The new owner only made one big change in the ECW product: for the moment the Woman’s division is put on inactive.
* Both Woman and The Tazmaniac are on the final months of their PPA contracts. R.G. has already spoken to both of them and made offers to keep them on board. A good deal of workers will probably sign other PPA appearances this month.
* Eastern Championship Wrestling is still a core member of the National Wrestling Alliance. New owner R.G. was sketchy on his comments, simply stating he sees no reason why they should be worried about ECW leaving the NWA.
* Sabu is currently touring with FMW and Too Cold Scorpio is touring with NJPW. Both probably won’t feature too much this month.
* After lenghty discussions with Tod Gordon and Paul E. Dangerously, R.G. has decided to cut the duration of Heat Wave to 2.5 hours. On the good news: Heat Wave will be broadcast by Empire Sports Network on an On Demand deal.
Last edited by BlueStar : 02-17-2018 at 02:53 PM.
WOO HOO!!! ECW! ECW! ECW! THIS I LIKE!
But I'm curious. What do you mean by not to the extreme? You saying you're not gonna do hardcore matches? I mean, yeah, it's what made ECW famous, but it's not what made it so good. It's the great matches and wrestlers like jericho, benoit, RVD, malenko, eddie, rey and all those guys.
Anyway, looking forward to this one!
Alright, background story is in tow. Let's make some rules here for the few people who'll be reading this. (I'll start out in all modesty)
* The first month is going to be run without prediction contests but you're always welcome to comment, etc. It's also the month which will see some gimmick changes, turns, etc. This includes the PPV. From August the PPV will have a prediction contest.
* As a legit Belgian (that's the capital of Sweden for you U-S-of-A people! -heel swerve-) I don't have a real background on the ECW history but have been doing plenty of reading in the past years.
* My English should at least be decent (considering I have an English teacher's degree).
* Feel free to send me tips on doing write-ups, making better lay-outs, etc.
* Have fun!