Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Super Star

Default The Age of Heroes

Well let me start of saying mine and the McMahons vision of professional wrestling are different. They have seen failures of national expansion fail miserably to be precise. NWF and IWA was ran by Pedro Martinez and Johnny Powers, they had the television syndication, but they didn't have cable television which everyone is saying is a game changer. I have to agree with them on that because Georgia Championship Wrestling is broadcast all over the United States and many small independent outlaw promotions are being wiped out because of it.

For people reading this you may believe Roy Shire's crazed ideas that Junior is wanting to take over the world and crush every territory under his heel. No he is a man trying to save his Father's territory from destruction. Because as the new year of 1980 dawns on us Georgia becoming more powerful, and if it the McMahons and others don't fight back the territories will die by the onslaught of cable television and Georgia Championship Wrestling. That is why I was brought here to New York City the place were my great grandfather ruled pro wrestling in the early 20th century.

It's kind of strange bringing in the grandson of the man your Father and business partners shut out of the territory. Now, you bring me in to save the territory from death's doorstep. The other promoters around the country don't see the threat that Georgia poses. Their blinded by there own greed which will be their undoing as we sit and begin to build a empire the likes which the world has never seen. My name is John Hawkes and welcome to The Age of Heroes.
Unread 01-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Super Star

WWF Roster: (F)= Face (H)= Heel
Roll Call of Champions:
WWF Heavyweight Champion: Bob Backlund
Reign: February 20th, 1978 680 Days

WWF Intercontinental Champion: Pat Patterson
Reign: September 1st, 1979 122 Days

WWF World Tag Team Champions: Ivan Putski and Tito Santana
Reign: October 22, 1979 71 Days

Main Event:
Andre the Giant (F)
Bob Backlund (F)
Bruno Sammartino (F)
Hussein Arab (Iron Sheik) (H) Managed by Freddie Blassie
Ken Patera (H) Managed by Grand Wizard
Pat Patterson (H) Managed by Grand Wizard

Upper Midcard:
Afa (H) Managed by Captain Lou Albano
Bobby Duncum (H) Managed by Grand Wizard
Dick Brower (H) Managed by Captain Lou Albano
Dominic DeNucci (F)
Gorilla Moonsoon (F)
Larry Zbyszko (F)

Midcard:
Baron Mikel Scicluna (H)
Hulk Hogan (H) Managed by Freddie Blassie
Ivan Putski (F)
Sika (H) Managed by Captain Lou Albano
Swede Hanson (H)
Tito Santana (F)
Tony Altimore (H)
Tony Atlas (F)
Tor Kamata (H) Managed by Freddie Blassie

Lower Midcard:
Johhny DeFazio (F)
Johnny Rodz (H)
Jose Estrada (H)
Larry Sharpe (H)

Opener:
Bill Coleman (H)
Jim Duggan (H)
Johnny Rivera (H)

Enhancement Talent:
Angelo Gomez (F)
Ben Ortiz (F)

Managers:
Classy Freddie Blassie (H)
Captain Lou Albano (H)
The Grand Wizard (H)

Announcer:
Vince McMahon

Road Agent:
Vince McMahon, Sr.
Arnold Skaaland
Angelo Savoldi

This is as of Monday Week 1, January 1980

Franchise Players:
1.Andre the Giant
2.Bruno Sammartino
3.Pat Patterson
4.Ken Patera
5.Bob Backlund

Next Big Things:
1.Hulk Hogan
2.Larry Zbyszko

Hot Prospects:
1.Hulk Hogan
2.Tony Atlas
3.Tito Santana
4.Larry Sharpe
5.Jim Duggan

Talk the Talk
1.Captain Lou Albano
2.Gorilla Moonsoon
3.Classy Fredddie Blassie
4.The Grand Wizard
5.Bruno Sammartino

Show Stoppers:
1. Andre the Giant
2.Pat Patterson
3.Bruno Sammartino
4.Bob Backlund
5.Larry Zybzsko

Ring Generals:
1.Pat Patterson
2.Bob Backlund
3.Bruno Sammartino
4.Andre the Giant
5.Johnny Rodz

Time Decline:
1.Tony Altimore
2.Baron Mikel Scicluna
3.Tor Kamata
4.Swede Hanson
5.Dominic DeNucci

Hidden Gems:
1.Eddie Gilbert
2.Jerry Stubbs
3.Sgt.Slaughter
4.Jimmy Garvin
5.Paul Ellering
(Note through trail runs I have noticed Hidden Gems changes quite frequently.)
Unread 01-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Super Star

WWF Madison Square Garden Official Card for Monday Week 3, Jan 1980
Dominic DeNucci vs. Hulk Hogan
Hussein Arab vs. Larry Zbyszko
Ivan Putski, Tito Santana and Gorilla Monsoon vs. Afa, Sika and Pat Patterson
Bobby Duncum vs Tony Atlas
WWF Heavyweight Title Match:
Ken Patera vs. Bob Backlund
Note: Predictions are welcomed
Unread 01-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Super Star

When I gave Vince McMahon Senior the list of workers I wanted to sign he just gave me a look.

Vince Sr.: You sure you want to offer these guys contracts?

John Hawkes:
Yes I think they could help us in the long run. About that Madison Square Garden card can I change it all?

Vince Sr.: The matches announced will happen I know this perfect idea of a job, because your starting from a clean slate. Though you can add matches to the card. I will let you do that at least. By the way there is a name missing from this list I heard you tried to sign?

John Hawkes: (I smiled) So you heard I tried to sign The Sheik? He wanted $6,000 plus hiring veto control. I then offered 8,000 then decided better of it.

Vince Sr: Reason?

John Hawkes:
We already have aging roster plus I am bringing in a slew of new people. An after the Garden I want to see how that goes and then focus our attention on setting up everything for the Shea Stadium show in August.

Vince Sr.: Right now you need to take everything one show at a time. Let me and Junior worry about Shea Stadium.

John Hawkes: Alright Mister McMahon and thank you for trusting me enough with this job.

Vince Sr.: Well hopefully, you can sail this company through the troubled waters that are coming. If Junior is right Georgia and who ever can get a cable television contract will destroy the territories and put all of us out of business. Your here to help to stop that from happening the World Wrestling Federation cannot perish. We must of be the beacon of hope as this new decade dawns.
Unread 01-02-2018, 01:16 AM
Minor League

Unread 01-02-2018, 03:19 AM
Living Legend

Dominic was one of my father's favorites.

Unread 01-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Low Minors

DeNucci is on time decline, and making the assumption that Hogan is coming in with a bit of splash. Bearhug submission.
(Hussein wasn't quite at Iron Sheik awesomeness yet, and Zbsyzko being the plucky protege of Bruno probably has more upside at the moment)
(Putski eats the pin)
Ken Patera vs. Bob Backlund(I'll go with the standard WWF formula Patera wins by DQ)
Unread 01-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Phenom

A lot of people didnít even know Hogan was a heel in 80, and that was during his 83-87 title reign. Curious too see how you book him

Sheiky baby. Hard to imagine or in my case remember a babyfaces Larry Legend, but heís still the student at this point

Going with the faces here just to keep the fans happy

Mr USA was getting a decent WWF push around this time

Vince Sr booking always has the heel get a positive booking in match 1 of a championship series. So Iíll go with a count out

Note: Predictions are welcomed
Unread 01-02-2018, 04:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Hulk Hogan - Thunderlips in the flesh, baby!
Hussein Arab - Can't see two "future stars" going over, so Arab takes this one.
Ivan/Tito/Gorilla - Ivan's Melody of Love will scare off the Samoans.
Tony Atlas
Bob Backlund - A nice defense for good old Howdy Doody.
Unread 01-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Major League

Unread 01-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Super Star

WWF Championship Wrestling
January Week 1, 1980
Announcers: Vince McMahon and Bruno Sammartino
Show Grade:B-

Bruno Sammartino and Vince McMahon Opening Segment:

Bruno Sammartino:I like to address some rumors that have been floating around recently. I am officially retiring from this great sport and will be working as announcer from now on.

Vince McMahon Bruno I know you didn't come to this decision very lightly.

Bruno Sammartino After with my wife and children I have decided it was the perfect time to hang up my boots.

Vince McMahon:I know for I am going miss watching you compete in that ring. I am glad your going to keep announcing alongside me. Grade: A*

Hulk Hogan w/ Freddie Blassie vs Ben Ortiz
In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Hulk Hogan defeated Ben Ortiz in 3:57 by submission with a Sleeperhold. Grade: E+

Interview with Hulk Hogan and Freddie Blassie:
Blassie is telling Vince McMahon we have a new giant in the World Wrestling Federation and that man is the Incredible Hulk Hogan. Andre comes out and confronts Blassie and Hogan. Telling Hogan their is only one true giant in all of professional wrestling and their looking at him. Blassie starts tapping Andre on the chest telling him he better watch out. Because Hogan was going to run him strait out of professional wrestling. Grade: B+

Larry Zbyszko vs Jim Duggan

In an extremely short match, Larry Zbyszko defeated Jim Duggan in 5:22 by submission with a Larry Land Dreamer. Grade C+

Interview with Larry Zbyszko:
After a great showing by Zbyszko his mentor Bruno Sammartino walks up to him to conduct a interview, but Larry just looks at him and walks off. Leaving a very confused Bruno Sammartino to call out for him. Larry come on, Larry what is the problem? Vince McMahon comes into the camera view and tells us were going to a commercial. We can hear Bruno ask Vince if he knows what is Larry's problem. Grade:A

Wild Samoans w/ Lou Albano vs Angelo Gomez and Tony Marino
In a decent match, Wild Samoans defeated Angelo Gomez and Tony Marino in 7:44 when Sika defeated Angelo Gomez by pinfall with a Samoan Drop. Grade:C

Pat Patterson and The Grand Wizard Interview:
The Grand Wizard tell us and Pat Patterson because of some bad investments he is selling the contract of Pat Patterson to this man Captain Lou Albano who comes in looking like a slob. Patterson protests saying he signed with the Wizard and he will never work for a filthy slob like Albano and refuses to do any business with this disgusting waste of a man. Grade:A

WWF Intercontinental Title Match:
Pat Patterson (C) vs Dominic DeNucci

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Pat Patterson defeated Dominic DeNucci in 19:41 by pinfall. Pat Patterson makes defence number 1 of his WWF Intercontinental title. Albano was at ring side to begin this match only Patterson refused to do the match if Albano stayed at ringside. Albano and Patterson argued about it, but cooler heads prevailed and Albano left ringside. Grade:B-
Unread 01-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Super Star

WWF All-Star Wrestling
January Week 1, 1980
Announcers: Vince McMahon and Bruno Sammartino
Show Grade:B

Freddie Blassie and Hulk Hogan Interview:

Vince McMahon:Incredible Hulk Hogan on Championship Wrestling you came face to face with the Eighth Wonder of the World Andre the Giant.

Classy Freddie Blassie:Andre is a coward he will not step in the ring with my man the Incredible Hulk Hogan and in few short weeks Dominic DeNucci your going to the feel wrath of the Incredible Hulk.

Hulk Hogan It's my destiny it came from the stars in heaven. I am the man of the 1980's it doesn't matter if it's DeNucci or Andre I am the guiding light in professional wrestling. When Andre has the guts enough to step in the ring with me, he is going to meet his maker. Grade:A

Hulk Hogan w/ Classy Freddie Blassie vs Eddie Gilbert
In a poor match, Hulk Hogan defeated Eddie Gilbert in 8:05 by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. Grade: D

Captain Lou Albano Interview:

Vince McMahon:
Captain Lou Albano and The Wild Samoans...

Lou Albano: These men are hungey and they want Ivan Putski and Tito Santana in that ring. If them cowards are willing to face a real tag team that is. Because we all know they cannot match the agility and power and skill of Afa and Sika. Grade:B

WWF World Tag Team Titles Match:
Ivan Putski & Tito Santana (C) vs Bill Coleman and Baron Mikel Scicluna

In a decent match, Putski & Santana defeated Bill Coleman and Baron Mikel Scicluna in 7:36 when Tito Santana defeated Bill Coleman by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Putski & Santana make defence number 1 of their WWF World Tag Team titles. Grade:C

Ken Patera and The Grand Wizard Interview:

The Grand Wizard: Take a good look because come Madison Square Garden your looking at the next WWF Champion.

Ken Patera:
Backlund you were lucky and defeated the Superstar. We all know your terrified of stepping in the ring with me because I am the World Strongest Man. I am going to break you and take what should rightfully been mine all along. Grade: A

Ken Patera w/ The Grand Wizard vs Johnny DeFazio
In a good match, Ken Patera defeated Johnny DeFazio in 7:31 by submission with a Patera Hug. Grade: C+

Dick Brower w/ Captain Lou Albano vs Larry Zbyszko
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Larry Zbyszko defeated Dick Brower in 12:27 by submission with a Larry Land Dreamer. Grade: B-

Larry Zbyszko Interview:

Bruno Sammartino:Larry another great match out their your looking fantastic.

Larry Zbyszko just totally ignores Bruno and walks away from ringside.

Bruno Sammartino: Vince I don't know what has gotten in to him.

Vince McMahon: Well Bruno next time he is scheduled for a interview I will conduct it. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Grade: A*
Unread 01-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Super Star

Monday Week 2, January 1980
Vince McMahon Senior Office

Vince McMahon Senior:What was the problem with Rivera and Hussein?

John Hawkes: They had a fight in the back because Rivera was running his mouth about Iran. Hussein shut his mouth.

Vince McMahon Senior: You fined Rivera? Hussein is upset saying it was weak.

John Hawkes: Yes sir. I think I did the right thing I am not going to fire the guy in his first offence.

Vince McMahon Senior: Alright, next time he is fired. On to my biggest issue Hulk Hogan.

John Hawkes: Why is Hogan a issue?

Vince McMahon Senior: He made it sound like he was going to be the next Backlund, Morales,or even Bruno. I don't want him saying things like that. He needs to know his place and that is he does what we tell him. Just like the Superstar I don't see any money in him as a babyface.

John Hawkes: I think we can make money with him as a babyface granted he needs to learn to work better.

Vince McMahon Senior: He is as green as fresh grass on the first day of spring. I want him and Andre to have a match on Championship Wrestling.

John Hawkes: No we have the Garden next Monday night. I am going to put Hogan and Hussein together to face Dominic and Larry on Championship Wrestling. Give the fans a taste what is in store for them next week.

[i]Vince stares at me intently. He is a man rarely that anyone says no too. If I am going to be the one driving the company for next year or two I needed to take a stand.

Vince McMahon Senior:Alright, that's fine.
Unread 01-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarasus View Post
Vince McMahon Senior: He made it sound like he was going to be the next Backlund, Morales,or even Bruno. I don't want him saying things like that. He needs to know his place and that is he does what we tell him. Just like the Superstar, I don't see any money in him as a babyface.
*Cough* Why WWF was in such dire straits when Sr. handed the company to VKM in real life. Basically, he lucked into Bruno and rode him for as long as he could and then showed that he couldn't think outside of his little box (so just like pretty much every other promoter VKM put out of business). Going with Backlund over Superstar was a horrible decision, so I can see Vince Sr. not seeing Hulk as a superstar 100%.
Unread 01-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
*Cough* Why WWF was in such dire straits when Sr. handed the company to VKM in real life. Basically, he lucked into Bruno and rode him for as long as he could and then showed that he couldn't think outside of his little box (so just like pretty much every other promoter VKM put out of business). Going with Backlund over Superstar was a horrible decision, so I can see Vince Sr. not seeing Hulk as a superstar 100%.
Yep horrible decision to have the biggest draw in wrestling as your Champion. Bob Backlund was the biggest draw in wrestling from 1979 to 1983. Also in 1982 he broke Buddy Rogers record having the biggest gates in a single year. Superstar Billy Graham was breaking down by 1981 by the latest 1982.

Thank you to everyone that has predicted so far. Madison Square Garden show will be up Saturday night about this time. Finishing up on the next episode of WWF Championship Wrestling which should be up no later than 9 PM tonight. Then I will post do All-Star Wrestling.

By the way I left the Madison Square Garden as is so that is the card in entirety. Thank you guys for your predictions and if anymore want to predict you got 24 hours.