Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Low Minors

Default Impact Wrestling 2018-Dare to Defy

January 19, 2018

How could I have known just how much my life was going to change with just one phone call. But when Mark Pedowitz calls, you better believe you answer the phone. I've known Mark for around six years now, and considering he more or less controlled my career I figured it was probably going to be important. Sure we don't talk very often, especially since he's been busy trying to get approval to get an extra night of TV programming allowed by all of the affiliates. What I was not expecting was why he was calling me....he actually wanted my thoughts on something; something he figured I had a bit of expertise in. He wanted to speak to me as the fan of professional wrestling that he knew I was. Rumors had been abounding about Vince McMahon taking his companies shows to Fox with a big money deal that was going to shake up the TV scene. Say what you what about the man, but Vince had managed to create a virtual media empire out of sheer will and determination and it looked like he was to cash in on it. Big time. Mark wanted to know what I thought about the wrestling world, and whether there was money to actually be had in the wrestling industry. Thinking about everything going on with my good friend Cody Rhodes, and the success of things like Bullet Club and the great WrestleKingdom event I had just witnessed I tried to explain that it felt like wrestling was on the verge of another golden era. Maybe different than the one from the 80s when Hulk Hogan was the big name, or the controversial Attitude era of the 90s, but it seemed that wrestling was becoming a part of the cultural zeitgeist once more. Maybe I should have been more careful with the excitement, but once I got started I couldn't help and soon I was talking about Chris Jericho's Rock 'N' Wrestling Rager and our little "All In" project in September. Finally when I finished Mark said "thank you," and that seemed like it was the end of our talk. And afterwards I couldn't believe I had just gone off like that with the CEO, but I shook it off. It was time to get back to filming.

February 5, 2018

Filming had just finished up for the day when I was shocked to see Mark approaching me across the set. He never shows up for filming, what could he possibly want. Oh no, was he here to tell me the show was cancelled? I know the ratings maybe weren't as great as they once were, but surely that couldn't be it? Finally Mark did make his way over to me and asked if we could talk, he had something he wanted to tell me. Something in private. Sitting across the table from Mark my heart was beating a million miles a minute, even if his friendly face seemed disarming. He quickly reassured me that this had nothing to do with the show, and everything to do with opportunity. An opportunity for the network, an opportunity for the company...and an opportunity for me? In whispered tones he explained his plans for the network. Not only was the network expanding to include Sunday programming, but they were going to be rearranging the schedule a bit. It would have an impact on all of our shows in our "verse," but part of the reason for the shuffle was that wrestling would be returning to the network. Everything was very "hush, hush" at the moment but things were being finalized, and the end result that would be as of May 1rst the network was going to officially be 51% owners of the former TNA, Impact wrestling. I was dumbfounded, when I had talked with Mark I had no idea. And if I had, I certainly wouldn't have told him to go after Impact of all things. I had heard about the work that Don Callis and Scott D'Amore had been doing to try and get the company back to respectability, but it was still a long ways coming. Why not ROH, or doing something with NJPW? Mark explained that there was a great deal of politics going into this, speaking about how ROH was off limits as part of the Tribune-Sinclair Broadcasting Group purchase discussions. But if anything, during their discussion they had realized just how good a job Don and Scott were doing, and that was why they would continue to have a role in the new vision for Impact Wrestling. It's just....the hierarchy would be changing a bit.

"You see, Callis will be retaining his role as Executive Vice President of Impact Wrestling, but there was going to be a new President. A President who will help grow the brand, who will oversee the big picture. Don will still be in charge of the booking team, and taking care of the day to day operations. But we want someone to make sure that Impact is focused on growth, focused on taking it's place as the rightful number two in North America. And maybe one day....well....who knows. We want someone the Network can trust, and we want someone who knows about wrestling, but someone who also has the experience of working on a successful episodic show. Someone who can be the face of the company when it comes to dealing with the media, and for pursuing future new hires. And we want that person to be you. Wait, I know what you're going to say, you're too busy. That is why we will make sure you have all the resources you need in order to run things smoothly even when you can't be there. We merely want you to the "one boss" that everyone reports too. Our very own "Vince McMahon" as it were. What do you say?"

I couldn't believe it, but Mark was so sincere, and he seemed to think it was going to work. What could I say, but yes. Yes to this great opportunity, yes to having the chance to single-handily change the wrestling industry.

My name is Stephen Amell....and it's time for me....and for Impact Wrestling to....

Unread 07-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Low Minors

March 4th, 2018

Here we are just a couple of days away from announcing the location of our All In project, and I haven't even been able to tell my best friends about what is going down. While there has been some rumors out there, hi Meltz, about what is going there everything has been kept so under wraps to prevent any sort of interference from the WWE company. We all know what Vince McMahon has done in the past, and is still currently doing. While they would like you to think that's in the past, all it takes is to look at what's going on with the NXT UK brand in response to ITV's World of Sports to know that is not true. Even though everything has been kept quiet that has not prevented me from doing scouting on wrestlers who I am going to want to sign, or from talking with the group of workers who would be making up our new production crew. Everything from upgrading the camera's, possibly to 4K eventually, to designing new sets and looking at little things we can do to make things "pop" when we hit the ground in May.

Before I met with them I had another sit down with Mark and some of the higher ups just to talk about what we wanted the Impact wrestling identity to be going forward. One of the things we focused in on being key was that we had to start getting people to PAY for the product. While it was a great cost cutting measure taping in Orlando, we were never going to be able to grow our product if we were known as the "free attendance" company. WWE had set a model for success with live shows on a weekly basis, moving from one city to another. I laid out a planned schedule that would see us film, but also see the return of house shows! What I wanted to do was have a house show on Wednesday night, Impact on Thursday, and then one more house show on Friday. The "big name" wrestlers would take part in the Impact show, as well as one house show while the younger wrestlers would take part in both house shows to gain experience. While we wouldn't have all the superstars at both house shows, we would make sure that things were coordinated that we would have enough stars at each show. And since we would probably have a couple of hours shows per market each year, that the stars would appear in each market at least once per year. When it came to PPV weekends, and yes PPVs would be monthly again, there would be no Wednesday house show. Instead we would have Impact on Thursday, and then one house show on Friday, and two on Saturday with different crews all to hype the PPV on Sunday.

One other thing I was working on, and something that was going to have a huge impact on the wrestling industry....maybe not a full fledged wrestlers union, but we were going to get as close as possible. Health insurance, benefits, 40K's....this was something that Impact wrestling apart from the other wrestling companies. Completely sponsored by the CW Network and the CBS Corporation this was going to make sure that our wrestlers were going to be taken care of. I was still getting some of the details ironed out (would this only apply for wrestlers who signed written contracts with us, or would it cover wrestlers only when they were competing in Impact sanctioned matches) but that was what the lawyers were for. I had some filming to finish up, and then it was going to be full time into signing wrestlers.

April 6, 2018

It had been a long, intense day of filming and I couldn't wait to get in the shower when my phone rang. I looked down at the ID and saw it was Don Callis calling. At this point the announcements had been made, the purchase was about finalized and the new Impact wrestling was going to take off. I knew tonight they were running a special event against Lucha Underground, so I was not sure why I would be receiving a phone call from Don. I answered and Don quickly began to outline the "situation" from the evening. Alberto Del Rio had no showed, and they had to change the event card around to try and make up for it. As I listened my heart dropped as I had been planning on making sure Del Rio was one of the starts we built around even with all of the professional issues he had already displayed. But at some point when was enough, enough? Finally Callis asked what should be done, and I took a deep breath:

"Let him go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I know it sucks, but we need to set an example to the rest of the roster that it's a new day and we will not stand for this sort of stuff. Del Rio is clearly trying to test the limits thinking he will get away of it, but it's time to get him off of the roster. We need to make sure that going forth the troops we have are going to be with us there in the trenches."

"For what it's worth, I think it's the right decision, I will get it done."

I hung up with Don and sat down. Now who was I going to get to fill that spot on the card? Damn Del Rio!
Unread 07-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Low Minors

April 10, 2018

At least losing Del Rio had led to the booking of a great main event being announced for Redemption. A rematch between Austin Aries, Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix would be better in the ring than anything we would have gotten out of Del Rio. Not to say that I haven't been busy trying to get some new wrestlers signed, with one particular target being difficult to get pinned down even though he is one of the most important signings I think we need. In between finishing up filming I had been making plenty of phone calls and getting some contracts official. Word has leaked out about what is going on, and that has resulted in the calls becoming more frantic as I know that I'm now in direct competition with the WWE machine. I got one wrestler signed out of Britain just about 30 minutes before WWE came calling, that's just how close this is. The race is on....only three more weeks to go until we officially take over Impact wrestling. What could possibly be next?

April 17, 2018

Okay, this I was definitely not expecting. When I was offered this position, I was offered a fair amount of latitude on how I spent our budget. I made sure a lot of that went towards updating the product, better set's, better camera's etc. And then I turned to the benefits portion to attract wrestlers, before finally turning the last of the budget towards attracting new faces to Impact wrestling to set up the future. What I was not expecting was to get a phone call saying I needed to meet with a specific person, sign him to a contract, whatever it took, and the it would be money coming from the CW. As we finished up our wonderful supper, he took one last look at the contract, looked at his agent for a final okay and then signed his name on the dotted line. I couldn't believe it. What a legend....but was he going to make my life more difficult than it was going to be worth?
Unread 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Low Minors

The Press Conference-Part I

May 1, 2018

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks....alliances have been forged, we have a new World Champion, one of our biggest stars is off filming a reality TV show, episodes have been taped that we will edit into future episodes....there's lot of moving parts. Fortunately filming is over, and now I'm here at a press conference to announce everything that is happening going forward. I hear the moderator, our new announcer Rob Moore out there introducing the President of Border City Wrestling, and then Don Callis the President of Impact Wrestling. After they were settled it was Callis who took over.

Callis: Thank you everyone for attending today's press conference, I want to begin by bringing everyone up to speed and clarify any misconceptions. As of 12:01AM the CW Network, LLC has purchased a majority stake in Impact wrestling and has formed a partnership with Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC to form Impact Wrestling Sports & Entertainment LLC which will be a joint venture with ownership of Impact Wrestling, Border City Wrestling and the Global Wrestling Network. A new head office location for Impact Wrestling Sports & Entertainment LLC has been purchased and will be opening in Detroit, MI. We are very excited by these changes, and the growth that we believe will come as a result of them. First off, with the profits from it's divestiture of Impact Wrestling ownership Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions has invested in Border City Wrestling. This will lead to an upgrade and increase in production of television time, which I will allow Scott to speak to a bit more. The one thing I will touch on is a transfer of our TV contracts as BCW will be taking over the slots currently taken up on Thursday night by Impact wrestling on the Pop Network as well as The Fight Network in Canada. BCW will broadcast at 6:00PM ET, before Impact Wrestling begins at 8:00PM ET on The CW Network across all applicable and available networks in North America. The international contracts that we have in place for Impact Wrestling will not be effected. I will now allow Scott to talk about BCW and the relationship they will have with Impact Wrestling.

D'Amore: As many of you know that in addition to running the Border City Wrestling promotion, I am also the proud header trainer at the Can-Am Wrestling school. Some of our alumni include Rhino, Bobby Roode, Gail Kim, Frank Trigg, the Motor City Machine Guns, Moose, Petey Williams and many others. The long list of wrestlers who have competed for BCW include Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Ted DiBiase, Jake "The Snake" Roberts and The Rock just for starters. And we hope that is only the beginning. From here on out BCW and myself will be focusing on combining those two elements as the premier development company for Impact Wrestling. Not only will be able to work on training as a part of the Can-AM school but having weekly televisions shows will allow for our wrestlers to get ready to compete in front of fans and camera, before making the transition to Impact Wrestling where I am sure we will be able to add some more World Champions to our alumni.

Callis: Before we begin to get to questions there is one more person that I would like to introduce because he is going to be my boss as well as Scott's. Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you the new President of Impact Wrestling Sports & Entertainment LLC.....Mr Stephen Amell.

Amell: Thank you everyone for being here, thank you Don, thank you Scott....I'm incredibly pleased to be here today to speak about this new and exciting adventure. Now I know what you're all thinking, what is Stephen Amell doing here, what could he possibly know about wrestling? And that is why I want to stress....I am here as a coordinator between the CW Network and Impact and BCW, that is my role. Don and Scott will continue to have full day to day control of Impact Wrestling and BCW, I think we all can agree they have been doing a pretty good job for the last six months in charge and I don't want to interfere with that. At the same time, this is a very complex situations that is developing with lots of moving parts between the different departments of our company, and we want to streamline things with there being one person who is in charge of making sure everyone is working towards the same goal and on the same page. Plus, I have no intentions of quitting my day job so don't worry that means you won't be seeing me every week putting down the wrestlers. Now, I think we have a few moments to open up for some questions.

To be continued....

(I figured I'd leave this open ended so that if anyone wants to throw some questions out I can answer them....otherwise I will be returning to the press conference in the next couple of days)
Unread 07-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Low Minors

The Press Conference Part II

May 1, 2018

Question #1: It says here in our briefer's that you will be giving wrestlers health insurance, 401k's....c'mon, this can't be serious can it?

Amell: I'll answer that, and yes, it's 100% true. Any wrestler who signs a contract with us will be eligible for some benefits, which I will come back to in just a moment. The idea was that we wanted to have something that set our contracts apart from other companies, and give wrestlers from any company around the world a reason to want to sign with Impact Wrestling....and it's part of our plans to be THE innovative company in wrestling. At first we were looking at trying to get our wrestlers involved in a union, perhaps through the Screen Actors Guild, but there is just to many obstacles to go that route. The next thing we figured is if we can't give them a union, then at least we can give them the benefits. Now as I mentioned, there are different levels to these benefits. Only wrestlers who commit to a full time written deal with our company will get the benefits. With that said, if a wrestler who has signed a deal with us does end up competing for another company through some sort of trade agreement, and they were to get injured....they would still be covered. For wrestlers who do not sign a commitment agreement with us, we will still cover them as long as they are performing for us....either for Impact Wrestling directly, or again through some sort of talent trade agreement. This includes the wrestlers signed to developmental contracts with BCW.

Question #2: Speaking of BCW, is there actually any developmental talent there, or are we just going to be seeing the wrestlers who are already competing with BCW?

D'Amore: I'm excited to answer this one! Yes, you will still continue to see the talent who has shown up to BCW shows before, including our BCW Heavyweight Champion Kongo Kong and the BCW Tag Team Champions Phil Atlas and Jake Something. But you are also going to see some premier talents, like the three men who are going to be helping me train the wrestlers down there. Petey Williams, Doug Williams and the Notorious 187 himself...Homicide! You're also going to be seeing a few wrestlers who have had some visa issues and are unable to compete in Canada like "Speedball" Mike Bailey and the team known as Super Smash Brothers. While these wrestlers have signed Impact contracts they will be sticking with us in BCW until their visa issues can be attended to and then you will get to see them competing for Impact. I'm also very excited to announce that we are going to be crowning a BCW Women's Champion this week as we have a Women's division that will feature wrestlers like Mercedes Martinez, LuFisto, Sereena Deeb and Cheerleader Melissa among some other special surprises. Finally I can tell you that Mr Amell over there has been busy scouring the world and signing some GREAT tag teams that I think will lead to a revitalization of the tag team scene, including one team that I would say it's a bit of a riddle how one of the other major companies hasn't signed them yet.

Question #3: What sort of changes should we expect for the weekly Impact Wrestling show?

Callis: If I may....I'd say you have already seen changes these last few months, a bit more real, more story development, some new stars. That will continue, but when it comes to the production end, we have a whole new production crew with brand new camera's, some new video editing equipment, very much cutting edge stuff and I think you're going to enjoy it.

Amell: One other big change, you're going to be seeing monthly PPV events again including the return of our big name events like Destination X, Victory Road where the finals of the Bound for Glory tournament will be held, Bound for Glory as well as our One Night Only series will continue beginning in May with One Night Only: No Fear.

Question #4: What's this about Slammiversary being moved back to June?

Callis: That is a result of a few announcements you will hear more about this week on Impact Wrestling, but when Amell joined he pointed out that Impact Wrestling was formed in June, so why would we be celebrating our anniversary in July?

Amell: Speaking of those announcements, there is one big introduction I would like to end this conference with and now seems like the right time so you can make ask our guest some questions. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present our new Global Ambassador......

To be continued....

OOC: Now seems like a good place to explain a coupe of things. As readers of my work would know, my 1994 Dynasty came to a bit of a sad ending. And while I won't close the door on it completely, I would say it's hiatus is longer then I was hoping. And I'm getting the itch to get back into TEW. I've been hoping to get a 2006 or 2011 Dynasty going, something with longterm play, but the Mod's just aren't there yet. So I am going to with this modern day take, with the premise being "if I was in charge of Impact wrestling what would I REALLY do?" Obviously there are some changes with the adding in of CW, but it's just to try and match the narrative of why Amell is a part of the company. Since this will be a bit different for me the formatting will be a bit different then the past, with less match write-ups, and more explaining where I want things to be going. When it comes to the PPV's, that is where I will probably bring some of the class write-ups back. Up next...the very first Impact Wrestling under my control.
Unread 07-15-2018, 06:18 AM
Low Minors

I love what I'm reading right now. Good, promising stuff! Looking forward to the first show. Hopefully it won't feel like a completely different promotion even with all those changes.